AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Favourite Character(s) Poll
Akiyama Mio 83 38.43%
Hirasawa Yui 84 38.89%
Tainaka Ritsu 84 38.89%
Kotobuki Tsumugi 64 29.63%
Nakano Azusa 89 41.20%
Hirasawa Ui 41 18.98%
Suzuki Jun 26 12.04%
Manabe Nodoka 25 11.57%
Yamanaka Sawako 39 18.06%
Tachibana Himeko 30 13.89%
Ton-chan 22 10.19%
Other 9 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-16, 10:11   Link #201
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

LoL for first time in the history of this treads Ritsu is the most favorite. C'mon guys vote for her!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-11-16, 23:25   Link #202
pampz21
Shipper4Lyf

oh my god!

Ritsu and Azunyan?

what about Yui and Mio!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

why don't you guys like a
natural airhead supah kawaii and super moe bishoujo?

oh my god! OMG by Usher

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-11-17, 04:13   Link #203
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
oh my god! OMG by Usher
^LOL. that's so random. XDDDDD

anyway, GO RITSU!! XD yui's ahead of mio again.. MIO FAITO!!! XDDD
Old 2010-11-17, 21:51   Link #204
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Any updates on the popularity polls in Japan?
Old 2010-11-20, 00:49   Link #205
Akuma Kinomoto
木之本 悪魔

Threeway voting GO!!

The only characters I don't like are Ton-chan (what was the point of this again?) and Jun (she served no purpose as well. Yes, "purpose" in a slice-of-life show is a paradox, but it felt like she was just added there for the heck of it and didn't even have anything noticeable about her), because otherwise everyone is made to be likable, but as far as choosing my favorite goes it was a split decision between Mio Akiyama, Ritsu Tainaka, and Yui Hirisawa, but upon seeing there was an option to vote for all three, I promptly did just that.

My fancy towards Mio is aligned with exactly the reasons that make her one of the more popular characters if amount of fanart and competing (and winning?) at Saimoe' says anything; the hot, aloof/cool/serious kind of gal who in actuality is very sensitive, to say the least, and her straight-man/funny-man routine with Ritsu never got old. With everything about her the way it is, there might as well be a sign that reads "Otaku bait here!", but my goodness I'm happy to be one of the fishes. And speaking of Ritsu, it's kind of hard -not- to like her since her actions end up providing a good portion of the show's humor, and between all of them Tainaka looks like the most fun to hang out with, but I'm not sure I could keep up with her. Being on the mischievous side of the behavior coin works perfectly when she interacts with Mio. Actually, let me take that back; Mio and Ritsu are just missing something when they're not together, and the third girl I named is essentially their fallback when the other isn't available. Yui is either the butt-monkey to Ritsu's antics or becomes -too- focused (to hilarious levels) when Mio is scolding everyone. Hirisawa essentially magnifies what makes Ritsu and Mio likable. A ditz she is, but well-done that role is. These three are at the top for sure, but I can't say the same for the others even though I still like all of them.

For example, Tsumugi Kotobuki. I don't think it was rather a problem with the character herself--a motherly type who lets her "kids" indulge--but the lack of episodes she had mitigated her status as a main character (then again, I should have learned my lesson with Miyuki Takara). Why, even Asuza Nanako somehow squeezed more minutes from the series than Kotobuki did. Nanako is adorable, but it's hard not to think "Mio V2," and Ui is Yui with more (an actual?) sense of responsibility. Sawako isn't a bad character either for what she is, but she doesn't have Kuroi's command over the screen (I should stop comparing this to Lucky Star). And rounding out the secondary cast is Nodoka, who is the only down-to-earth character and helps one to relax after round upon round of silliness.
Old 2010-11-20, 01:40   Link #206
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Wow. that's quite a long post that I haven't seen for a while XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
For example, Tsumugi Kotobuki. I don't think it was rather a problem with the character herself--a motherly type who lets her "kids" indulge--but the lack of episodes she had mitigated her status as a main character (then again, I should have learned my lesson with Miyuki Takara). Why, even Asuza Nanako somehow squeezed more minutes from the series than Kotobuki did.
True indeed. But then again, not everyone in a group shines equally. I also agree that her status as a main character is kinda diminished, but I think it maybe her role after all.

I think KyoAni did quite a good job promoting her in this s2, but it seems she just doesn't appeal to many people she had much of her moments in the manga cut from the anime (mostly joke contents), while the original added content doesn't seem to suffice.

For example, the Mugi-Azu guitar lesson. That part should've been exclusive to Mugi, and in the manga, we can see that her lesson with Azusa continues. But in the anime they made that episode for all of HTT members. And the continued lesson didn't make it into the anime. In a side, I think it should be that way since s2 empashized Azusa as a junior. But in other side, I feel kinda sad since that manga chapter is quite important because it shows the relationship of Azusa and Mugi.

As for the original contents, well most of them are about her love to the world of commoner good thing that they extended the Ritsu-Mugi episode and give them a sweeter ending compared to the manga. And I also love how they give Mugi a song to sing by herself.

Well, the point is, once again. I think KyoAni did try to promote Mugi, but she's just not appealing enough to most people.
Old 2010-11-20, 02:10   Link #207
Akuma Kinomoto
木之本 悪魔

Well, I want to like Mugi more, but her lack of screentime likely alienated her from what was already a very picky audience. But if nothing else she provides us with our yuri fantasies (a shame it didn't happen more often though).
Old 2010-11-20, 04:20   Link #208
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE Send a message via Skype™ to VEE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Any updates on the popularity polls in Japan?
Is there?
I'm guessing it should be the other way around. Mio and YUI are still the top two there
Old 2010-11-20, 05:18   Link #209
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Ritsu is still on top of the list. We have to celebrate.
Old 2010-11-20, 08:11   Link #210
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
Well, I want to like Mugi more, but her lack of screentime likely alienated her from what was already a very picky audience. But if nothing else she provides us with our yuri fantasies (a shame it didn't happen more often though).
Why don't you try to rewatch the anime and try to focus on her? you might find something new within her. I think she also has more shine in other materials such as the Ura-ON! B-side theatre and the manga.

About the yuri fantasies... well... it was dropped in s2 since K-ON!! was going into a new direction which was to appeal female audiences too.
Old 2010-11-20, 17:09   Link #211
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEE View Post
Is there?
I'm guessing it should be the other way around. Mio and YUI are still the top two there
I'd be more inclined to believe Azusa is the favorite of Japan seeing as she did win J-saimoe while none of the other K-ON girls made it to the top 16 even .
Old 2010-11-21, 00:03   Link #212
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I'd be more inclined to believe Azusa is the favorite of Japan seeing as she did win J-saimoe while none of the other K-ON girls made it to the top 16 even .
This will be true only if every otaku is voting , but there were many which didn't voted at all so you can't say that Azusa is the favorite for sure.
Old 2010-11-21, 07:26   Link #213
hahaudon_ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Er..... Maybe ya wrong, Azusa won J-Saimoe, Mio and Yui get into the top ten of J-Saimoe tournament too

And don't think that Mio is not popular at all, she just won international saimoe league
Old 2010-11-21, 08:27   Link #214
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Just by looking at the merchandises, we already know the answer, don't we? for example, in this post.
Old 2010-11-21, 10:29   Link #215
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahaudon_ts View Post
Er..... Maybe ya wrong, Azusa won J-Saimoe, Mio and Yui get into the top ten of J-Saimoe tournament too

And don't think that Mio is not popular at all, she just won international saimoe league
Actually looking back at the chart Mio made to whatever round is before the "top 8"; however she lost directly to Azusa and Mikoto in that round and Yui lost much much earlier.

And Mio's victory in the others does mean she is popular, just not necessarily the most popular in Japan xD, since Best Moe/ISML aren't country specific like J-saimoe is to japan.
Old 2010-11-22, 06:26   Link #216
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro gunsou View Post
Ummm, I dont know why Mio catch up with suddenly.
But I dont want to think it is suspicious...
I was mostly joking about it because of the previouse Ritsu fabricated votes.

It just looks funny how Mio was the last one among 5 and then suddenly exploded in vote count. Hardcore Mio fans had finally awakened, they sure were sleeping for a long time

Well Ritsu still rules and wins
Old 2010-11-22, 09:35   Link #217
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I was mostly joking about it because of the previouse Ritsu fabricated votes.

It just looks funny how Mio was the last one among 5 and then suddenly exploded in vote count. Hardcore Mio fans had finally awakened, they sure were sleeping for a long time

Well Ritsu still rules and wins
There are many Hardcore Mio fans, out of this forum!!! I wonder mayby they invaded here for mio ....
But for me in this forum, it seems hardcore Ritsu fans are joining
So,I joined this forum & loved this forum.
Anyway I dont dislike Mio, but I love Ritsu.
For me, Ritsu>Azunyan>Mio>Yui>Mugi, about HTT members
Old 2010-11-22, 21:27   Link #218
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

My only vote went to Yui but whoa! Ritsu went up ALOT!
Old 2010-11-23, 00:41   Link #219
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

For me, it the main girls rank

Ritsu >>> Mugi = Yui >> Mio > Azusa.

Ritsu is top because she's obviously superior lol. She was my favourite character since episode one. (I was appalled when she was tied last with Mugi after the first season!)

And Azusa last because... Well, I just never felt anything from her character. Her interactions with the other members never really gotten a reaction from me. Same with Mio. Her character never stood out to me either.
Old 2010-11-23, 00:43   Link #220
hahaudon_ts

Come on Azunyan, one more vote and you defeat Ritchan
Closed Thread