AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Favourite Character(s) Poll
Akiyama Mio 83 38.43%
Hirasawa Yui 84 38.89%
Tainaka Ritsu 84 38.89%
Kotobuki Tsumugi 64 29.63%
Nakano Azusa 89 41.20%
Hirasawa Ui 41 18.98%
Suzuki Jun 26 12.04%
Manabe Nodoka 25 11.57%
Yamanaka Sawako 39 18.06%
Tachibana Himeko 30 13.89%
Ton-chan 22 10.19%
Other 9 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-13, 01:32   Link #101
keroro gunsou
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahaudon_ts View Post
Mio had won International Saimoe League and Korea Best Moe man .........

So she just leaves the glory for others ........
I wonder why there is the difference between ISML,Korea Best Moe and this thread....
I am interesting in difference of the voters attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
Three words - zero, character, development.

Yeah, I like Ritsu and the others a lot, too, but c'mon, this is unfair to Mio. Everyone in the show gets a proper, respected development in the show, even Jun, Ui, and Tsumugi. If you don't want to develop the character, then delete the damn person, don't make an embarrassment out of Mio, KyoAni.

Here's hoping KyoAni either develop Mio in S3 or completely put her out of her misery. Oh, and please don't use a half-ass excuse like, "Oh, Mio's gone off to be a [insert something moe-related like bunny singer or comedy actress)." Give her a proper dignified send-off, please.
I agree with your opinion. KyoAni seemed to loose the energy for promote Mio.
I guess, the reason why KyoAni didnt promote Mio in S2 is that MIo was enough popular in the beggining of Season2. But Mio's popularity didnt continue...
Through out the season2,MIo have became the boring character...compared to the other characters....
__________________
keroro gunsou is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 04:49   Link #102
Saphira Veera
Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Tainaka Residence
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro gunsou View Post
Through out the season2,MIo have became the boring character...compared to the other characters....
But she excelled in the music video of NO, Thank You! Though most of the comments are related to Ritsu... (Yay!)...because she's (awesomely) headbandless...

.... BTW, Ritsu received 73 votes!! GO GO RICCHAN!! Oh, come on, Mio... Don't be down... It's your best friend's turn now to be in the spotlight...
__________________

Sakura Kyouko
Saphira Veera is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 05:23   Link #103
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 25
Voted for Mugi, Ui, and Sawako. Nice to see everyone got high votes with no significant gap ^^

As for Mio, I think her fans need not to worry since her popularity still remains the top three (with Yui and Azusa) , generally. And I don't think that she didn't get a character development in season 2. Sure, there's less fanservice of her. But she still got her own episode (the tea party) and we can also see more of her mature side. In fact, I like her better in the second season
Ryonea is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 06:21   Link #104
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Singapore
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to WBoon Send a message via Skype™ to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
As for Mio, I think her fans need not to worry since her popularity still remains the top three (with Yui and Azusa) , generally.
Appreciate the support, but there are some blatant inaccuracies I just have to point out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea
Sure, there's less fanservice of her.
No, no - there's nothing but fanservice of her in S2, hence the depravity of all depth in her character in the second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea
But she still got her own episode (the tea party)
You mean that pointless episode with the adulating fans who joined the fan club because of her panties? The one which forced Mio to confront crowds of people just because some (stalker) graduate's fan club (revolving round her panties) is dying? On that note, notice how not one fan of Mio in the show ever gave a reason for their admiration adulation of Mio (Jun included). Well, except for Azusa, but that's back in S1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea
and we can also see more of her mature side.
I think you were reminiscing about S1 Mio, 'coz I don't see any sign of 'maturity' in S2 Mio. At all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea
In fact, I like her better in the second season
Well, at least there are still people out there who appreciates her second season alternate self. Unfortunately, none of them, I hate to say, had really given valid reasons why moe-Mio is better than tsundere-Mio back in S1.
__________________
WBoon is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 06:39   Link #105
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 25
I see... so that's how you think.

But really, for me her 2nd season self is better compared to first one (not that I don't like her in the 1st season ). Based on your post, I think I missed many points for sure, but what I want to say in my previous post is that in the 2nd season we have less "scaredy-cat" self of Mio and we got more of her "let's take it seriously" Mio.
Ryonea is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 06:58   Link #106
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Singapore
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to WBoon Send a message via Skype™ to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
but what I want to say in my previous post is that in the 2nd season we have less "scaredy-cat" self of Mio and we got more of her "let's take it seriously" Mio.
Er... which show are you watching, really? And she had less cringing scenes in S2 because she was forced into confronting crowds and stuff - not out of her own will - and even that did not do her much good (she still had to have Yui force her to spit those Romio lines out in Episode 20, not to mention her ludicrous biscuit case sealing of the forbidden 'Nurse Mio' video).

Also, back to the 'which show are you really watching' question... If Mio ever had a moment of seriousness in S2 - trust me, I'll catch it immediately. I'm the only Mio fan who would like Mio for her seriousness. She practically metamorphosed to a more fun person in S2 (which isn't bad if she still has her sense of dignity). The whole point of the Mio-centric episodes in S2 are to loosen her up. So, to claim her mature in the second season is kinda contradictory, I'm afraid.

Edit:
Ah crud, here I go again. -_-" Erm, let's take this to the Mio thread if we can, Ryonea... Heh, sorry, mods.
__________________
WBoon is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 07:06   Link #107
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
If Mio ever had a moment of seriousness in S2 - trust me, I'll catch it immediately.
Sure about that? :P You seem too convinced that Mio is just an absolutely ridiculous character in S2 that no matter what evidence is brought up, you'll stick to your guns.
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 07:10   Link #108
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
Er... which show are you watching, really? And she had less cringing scenes in S2 because she was forced into confronting crowds and stuff - not out of her own will - and even that did not do her much good (she still had to have Yui force her to spit those Romio lines out in Episode 20, not to mention her ludicrous biscuit case sealing of the forbidden 'Nurse Mio' video).

Also, back to the 'which show are you really watching' question... If Mio ever had a moment of seriousness in S2 - trust me, I'll catch it immediately. I'm the only Mio fan who would like Mio for her seriousness. She practically metamorphosed to a more fun person in S2 (which isn't bad if she still has her sense of dignity). The whole point of the Mio-centric episodes in S2 are to loosen her up. So, to claim her mature in the second season is kinda contradictory, I'm afraid.

Edit:
Ah crud, here I go again. -_-" Erm, let's take this to the Mio thread if we can, Ryonea... Heh, sorry, mods.
^^; I'm sorry too. Actually I've been watching this thread for days too, and I knew your problem. I tried to keep it simple, but it doesn't work, eh? ^^;

Well, if that's your view, then so be it. People are free to have their own opinion, right? But I just want you to know that I don't hate Mio nor I look down on her, okay? I'll rewatch the anime to see your point.
Ryonea is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 11:45   Link #109
keroro gunsou
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira Veera View Post
But she excelled in the music video of NO, Thank You! Though most of the comments are related to Ritsu... (Yay!)...because she's (awesomely) headbandless...

.... BTW, Ritsu received 73 votes!! GO GO RICCHAN!! Oh, come on, Mio... Don't be down... It's your best friend's turn now to be in the spotlight...
In my opinion,KyouAni thought Mio got enough spotlights in S2 episodes.
But the spotlights for Mio brought no depth of character,no development....
Yes, the music video of NO, Thank You! is awesome, Mio in the video is so cool,But the other members, especialy Yui and Azusa, have shown a lot of developments and the depth of emotion in S2 episodes.
Mio was winner,in the S1 completely because of not only her outlooking,moe & cuteness,but also her matured character. I remember the contrast from Yui & Ritsu. But KyoAni promoted only her MOE & cuteness...
There are many MOE characters in many animes,even in K-on. So her character became not outstanding... Today Mio is very popular,but her popularity was made in Season1!!!
KyoAni failed to develop her popurality,only maintain it....
And ,I guess WBoon is right...
__________________
keroro gunsou is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 13:04   Link #110
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Singapore
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to WBoon Send a message via Skype™ to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro gunsou View Post
Yes, the music video of NO, Thank You! is awesome, Mio in the video is so cool,But the other members, especialy Yui and Azusa, have shown a lot of developments and the depth of emotion in S2 episodes.
Just to point out something, the first ED of S2 actually has depth for Mio, showing her metamorphosis into a really interesting person. Too bad KyoAni never invested in that.
__________________
WBoon is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 13:20   Link #111
zette
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Singapore
I haven't checked this poll in a long time, but wow -- out of the five main girls, Ritsu's leading and Mio's in last place? Times have changed indeed... I know that Ritsu had quite a great deal of development in S2, but seeing such a vast improvement in her popularity is pretty shocking, considering that she got the second least votes out of the five main girls in the first character poll. Not that I disagree with this change -- Ritsu is a great character and she deserves it.

(it is, however, curious how most of the accounts that voted for Ritsu were created this October and have 0 posts.)

I guess what I find most surprising though is the massive drop in Mio's popularity, especially when taking into account that she won ISML only recently. It is true that her development in S2 is abysmal and almost non-existent so a slight drop in popularity is perhaps inevitable, but even still, I would have expected her to have a solid placing in the top 3 of the poll, rather than having freaking Ton-chan a mere 7 votes behind her.
__________________
zette is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 13:29   Link #112
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Singapore
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to WBoon Send a message via Skype™ to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
(it is, however, curious how most of the accounts that voted for Ritsu were created this October and have 0 posts.)
I knew I shoulda' cheated for Mio as well.

Huh? What? I didn't say nothing.
__________________
WBoon is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 14:43   Link #113
Goggen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Wow. If there is actually someone sitting around creating dummy accounts to vote up a character in this poll... Well, that's just about the saddest thing I've ever heard.
Goggen is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 15:00   Link #114
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Under a rock.
Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Wow. If there is actually someone sitting around creating dummy accounts to vote up a character in this poll... Well, that's just about the saddest thing I've ever heard.
I can see it now, they're doing this to troll hardcore fans to a raging fit over their favorite character's decline in popularity.

If that's the case, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. So sad.


On topic, I voted almost everyone except...oh wait, I forgot. I think it was Ton-chan and Himeko...oh, Sawa-chan too. But not that I don't like them, they're just not a favorite of mine.
__________________
TakuanInc. is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 16:15   Link #115
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
I'd be quite insulted as a Ritsu fan if someone really was creating accounts just to vote for her...

Although, I don't think that's the case since we've got a lot of Ritsu fans on these forums.
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 16:23   Link #116
Goggen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
I'd be quite insulted as a Ritsu fan if someone really was creating accounts just to vote for her...

Although, I don't think that's the case since we've got a lot of Ritsu fans on these forums.
Yeah, but if there's a bunch of recently created 0 post accounts that voted for her? Does seem to kind of point in that direction.
Goggen is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 16:26   Link #117
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
voted for : Mio , Ritsu , Yui , Mugi , Azusa , Sawako , Ui , Nodoka and Jun .
almost voted for everyone
__________________
The Chaos is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 18:00   Link #118
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Anywhere. Just passing by though...
Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
(it is, however, curious how most of the accounts that voted for Ritsu were created this October and have 0 posts.)
That explains why the last time I look into this thread, the votes for Ritsu increased one by one in a fast way...

lolwut... Just checking it recently and sadly, you are completely right... There are accounts that were created this October and have 0 post...

I wonder whether those accounts were made by the same person or not... But I just found it silly... *sorry, this is only my opinion*
__________________
Forte is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 18:07   Link #119
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Singapore
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to WBoon Send a message via Skype™ to WBoon
How'bout that, someone actually more sad than I am, trying to prove a point that Ritsu is more popular a character by using pure cheats rather than logical reasoning. Heh. I could probably just name a few suspects now...
__________________
WBoon is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 18:23   Link #120
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
That explains why the last time I look into this thread, the votes for Ritsu increased one by one in a fast way...

lolwut... Just checking it recently and sadly, you are completely right... There are accounts that were created this October and have 0 post...

I wonder whether those accounts were made by the same person or not... But I just found it silly... *sorry, this is only my opinion*
It is quite silly and very disappointing. I wonder how popular Ritsu really is compared to the rest of the girls.
*sigh* Just because of a few "fake" votes, her entire position right now is being doubted.

I don't think I can call it "sad" though. It's just a little immature lol. I remember writing multiple (anonymous) votes for some things back when I was younger because I couldn't accept the fact that my favourite something wasn't the best. Besides, isn't creating an AnimeSuki account pretty quick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
How'bout that, someone actually more sad than I am, trying to prove a point that Ritsu is more popular a character by using pure cheats rather than logical reasoning. Heh. I could probably just name a few suspects now...
Haha, am I one of the suspects?
bloppyblue is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.