AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-22, 06:50   Link #61
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Another weird thing I noticed is that Akira cleanses herself during night when it is supposed to be during the day in the manga......does in the game she does it during night too or day time?
I am not sure i understand what you are referring to. The only time Akira underwent any sort of "cleansing" was during the festival day, right before she was supposed to do that dance. It happened during the day, though this is not significant.
Old 2010-10-22, 06:54   Link #62
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am not sure i understand what you are referring to. The only time Akira underwent any sort of "cleansing" was during the festival day, right before she was supposed to do that dance. It happened during the day, though this is not significant.
That's what I meant for the festival. The time she does it is not significant? That's strange because she is supposed to do it before the festival during the day time and not a whole day before.....but it's not revelant? In the manga it reveals how Junichi reacts to it and what Kazuha tells him of it.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 07:21   Link #63
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

She did it straight before the dance (in fact, she forgot to bring her shrine maiden clothes with her, so she called Haru and asked him to bring them to the lake). Yes, this happened during daytime, but what i mean by "not significant" is that this is an isolated event that doesn't tie in to anything else, nor is it relevant outside of its own scope. Hence why i am puzzled you brought it up - its a detail that doesn't really matter in the end. I don't read the manga so i don't know what they made of it there, but it's hardly worth mentioning originally. Sure, it is a part of the festival customs that the maiden washes herself in the lake before the dance, but i am not sure why this would draw reader attention to any degree.
Old 2010-10-22, 07:32   Link #64
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
She did it straight before the dance (in fact, she forgot to bring her shrine maiden clothes with her, so she called Haru and asked him to bring them to the lake). Yes, this happened during daytime, but what i mean by "not significant" is that this is an isolated event that doesn't tie in to anything else, nor is it relevant outside of its own scope. Hence why i am puzzled you brought it up - its a detail that doesn't really matter in the end. I don't read the manga so i don't know what they made of it there, but it's hardly worth mentioning originally. Sure, it is a part of the festival customs that the maiden washes herself in the lake before the dance, but i am not sure why this would draw reader attention to any degree.
It might if Haruka visits her at that time and since no one is there something may occur if the directors wish so to do something at that time.
Old 2010-10-22, 07:35   Link #65
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Haru "does" visit her at the time (he is bringing the clothes after all). What also visits her though is Kazuha, who wonders what's the hold-up, and Haru gets promptly chased away, with Akira having to change and all
Old 2010-10-22, 07:55   Link #66
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Haru "does" visit her at the time (he is bringing the clothes after all). What also visits her though is Kazuha, who wonders what's the hold-up, and Haru gets promptly chased away, with Akira having to change and all
That's it! That's exactly it! But this time at night there will be no one and so I wonder if there will be something changed of it....do wonder about that.
Old 2010-10-22, 12:01   Link #67
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Spoiler for mussings on anime post episode 3:
Spoiler for Comparison up to episode 3:
Old 2010-10-24, 04:48   Link #68
Nickymanga

If the anime is in omnibus format than who is next on the love train? I don't know the game so after Kazuha is it Akira? or is akira/kazuha more or less the same route?
Nickymanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 07:58   Link #69
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickymanga View Post
If the anime is in omnibus format than who is next on the love train? I don't know the game so after Kazuha is it Akira? or is akira/kazuha more or less the same route?
I couldn't say this over in the anime thread because it involves a game spoiler, but I don't think the anime is going to be omnibus because Kazuha's route
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-24, 09:28   Link #70
Nickymanga

Yeah alot of people have speculated a break up being brought up from kazuha feeling as she neglected Akira, that could be where the direction is going but at thesame time that wouldn't work because there is solution to prevent this happening, the solution being Akira not wanting Kazuha to sacrifice her happiness for her and haru also making her realise she doesn't have to give up there relationship.

If that happens then that mean kazuha may remain the lead love interest which isn't a problem it just chanes the dynamic of the story
Old 2010-10-24, 11:29   Link #71
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Assuming the anime does go the omnibus route ... there is no way to tell, really. You play the game paths in whatever order you wish, so there is no preset order. That said, going Akira's route next in such a format does make sense, as many of the underlying issues are shared between the two, so it's a good perspective change while we have the previous information fresh in mind. (to an extent, Sora's route can be said as 'linked' to Nao's as well). And no, the routes aren't even close to being the same.

In fact, should the omnibus format come true, it makes me wonder (and worry) about the possible episode allocation for each. Assuming it would go like in the 2ch 'rumor' posted in the anime thread
Spoiler for speculation on episode allocation:

which seems plausible enough in such a situation ... My biggest worry in such a case would be Akira's route. I can not fathom a reasonable way to cram everything her route should contain in to 2 episodes. Unlike Kazuha's route, which has the luxury of focusing almost exclusively on the romance and its immediate impact, for Akira's route there is also the festival to show, and the actual meat of the half-sister story. And the romance on top. Festival is the easiest to drop of the 3 elements (the other two can't go anywhere really), but they have already hinted at it, so i don't think that would happen. Suffice to say, should the above formatting come true, Akira's route is going to make Kazuha's anime developments look like a slowpoke

Keep in mind there is no actual confirmation about the anime going for omnibus yet, so the above is just speculation/musings on my part, which may well turn null and void.
Old 2010-10-24, 14:23   Link #72
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
My biggest worry in such a case would be Akira's route. I can not fathom a reasonable way to cram everything her route should contain in to 2 episodes. Unlike Kazuha's route, which has the luxury of focusing almost exclusively on the romance and its immediate impact, for Akira's route there is also the festival to show, and the actual meat of the half-sister story. And the romance on top. Festival is the easiest to drop of the 3 elements (the other two can't go anywhere really), but they have already hinted at it, so i don't think that would happen. Suffice to say, should the above formatting come true, Akira's route is going to make Kazuha's anime developments look like a slowpoke
If this is true, what I would expect them to do would be to be very deliberate in how they show things in Kazuha's path so they don't have to show much of the same material in Akira's path. In that sense Akira's path will be standalone, but will be enhanced if you've also seen Kazuha's story. In this way, the paths "build" on each other even though they're separate, and the story is stronger on the whole despite the separate routes. Similar with Nao and Sora, with Sora's story building on the revelations from Nao's route.

And yeah, to the larger question, even though Kazuha's route has the potential breakup, note the development of Sora's character in Episode 3, where the anime is implying that she's growing a bit more independent. Even if they could get out of Kazuha's route, they've now wasted/ruined a bunch of Sora's route as well -- and it's certain Sora's route will end the anime. Her co-dependency is rather critical. So that was actually the main thing that made me believe in the omnibus theory.
Old 2010-10-24, 14:53   Link #73
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Indeed, shifting some of the "weight" from her route on to Kazuha's would make a lot of sense. I am not sure the anime has the right setup to do so in the one episode remaining for Kazuha though, should the above format prove correct.
Spoiler for episode 4 preview:

Regardless, if they do go for omnibus approach, i do not envy the director - having to compress all the stories of a VN in 12 episodes without murdering it all is no small feat
Old 2010-10-24, 15:31   Link #74
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Regardless, if they do go for omnibus approach, i do not envy the director - having to compress all the stories of a VN in 12 episodes without murdering it all is no small feat
True enough, but already what he decided to do with Motoka's path is a good call if you ask me. She really works a lot better as comedy relief.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-10-24 at 16:48. Reason: edit: typo...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 15:46   Link #75
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Indeed, i fully support their decision of relegating her to the 3 minute cameos of "for the lulz" (well ... not like she had any noteworthy interaction with the cast in the original either) ... actually, i would support her complete removal even more, to allow more of the already scarce screentime for the "proper" characters, but can't have it all i guess. She always felt like the odd ball out (really out), even in the VN - i remember being greatly puzzled about her having a route instead of Kozue, and that is a puzzle i have yet to solve Unfortunately, count as a main heroine she did, so i guess that is the reason why we are stuck with her in the anime, even if in the comedy role - wouldn't do to completely write off a character that originally had a path, however questionable that development might have been.
Old 2010-10-26, 03:18   Link #76
Nickymanga

I just read some of the manga I don't know if it reflects the game, also it was in chinese so I didn't understand just look at the pictures.
Spoiler for nao/sora route speculation:

Now when read (looking at the pics) I couldn't tell if Sora was angry because she wanted to protect her brother or because she was jealous being that she loves him too.
Nao looked guilty I'm guessing because her overflowing love made her do such a thing.

Now I am probably getting on peoples nerve with the constant need for spoilers but I love know what happens next (it's a curse)

So does the manga relate to the game?
Old 2010-10-26, 11:56   Link #77
Slayn

Quote:
I just read some of the manga I don't know if it reflects the game, also it was in chinese so I didn't understand just look at the pictures.
Spoiler for nao/sora route speculation:

Now when read (looking at the pics) I couldn't tell if Sora was angry because she wanted to protect her brother or because she was jealous being that she loves him too.
Nao looked guilty I'm guessing because her overflowing love made her do such a thing.

Now I am probably getting on peoples nerve with the constant need for spoilers but I love know what happens next (it's a curse)

So does the manga relate to the game?

Spoiler for "Nao/Sora route:

Spoiler for Sora route:
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 12:23   Link #78
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayn View Post
Spoiler for "Nao/Sora route:
Spoiler for Nao/Sora route:
Old 2010-10-26, 12:59   Link #79
Slayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Nao/Sora route:
Spoiler for Sora route:
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 13:17   Link #80
Nickymanga

Thank you guys for answering me! plz do tell if I'm being to persisent with the spoilers even though we are allowed to talk about it I know some people don't like to know whats going to happen.
I do agree with relentlessflame since she was older she must of known what she was doing. So I'm guessing in Nao's route:Haru rejects sora (possibly in a I will always be your bro way) and in Sora's route: he rejects nao and acknowledges soras love

When I was looking at the manga I couldn't really tell whose route they were covering (nao/sora).

Spoiler for nao/sora:

Tags
drama, eroge, romance