AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-09, 13:59   Link #281
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
damn, didn't know anything about this series.

then the MC gets hit by a truck and is a talking head.
then suddenly gets super serious.

If only it would tone down the forced panty shots every 10seconds.
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 14:20   Link #282
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I'm not going to complain about the fanservice if the otakus are actually going to buy the BDs so that we can get a 2nd season.

EDIT:
Spoiler for ED snippet from web-radio program:
__________________

Last edited by larethian; 2011-07-09 at 14:37.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 15:05   Link #283
Forsaken_Infinity
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United States of America
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Forsaken_Infinity
This felt like watching Reverse Twilight, only Japanese and animated ._.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 15:15   Link #284
LaoED
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Sounds interesting enough. And the fact that Gekkou looks like Athrun Zala is just lolz.
LaoED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 16:02   Link #285
Dahak86
Occasional Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
If only it would tone down the forced panty shots every 10seconds.
nah, they're not exactly "every 10seconds"...


anyway, ep1 looked good enough. guess I'll have some fun with this series.
not a huge fan of blood and needless violence, but the fanservice was good; possibly the most hilarious fanservice so far, this season. (still have to watch R-15, so that statement is most likely subject to change in the near future)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
The truck scene reminded me of Kore Wa Zombie Desu ka?
as you can see, it's not only the truck scene...

Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 21:01   Link #286
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
the funny thing is the story from Kagami will get better later (because he needs time to set up the large-scale stage as usual), but the adaptation from Zexcs will get worse. these 2 things working in opposite tandem, ahem, should I facepalm here?
no wonder I'm having such an interesting conflicting feelings when I watch DYD.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 21:10   Link #287
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tell me and then we'll both know o__O
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
my main concern with Zexcs is with plot and scene butchering though that's also probably dependent on director and script writer as well. but currently there is no major plot butchering yet, just scenes and some less important events cut out. I believe the flashback for specs guy in the flashback scene at the end will be expanded next episode. however denyuuden episodes 2 and 3 were also acceptable adaptations for volume 1, but towards the end (especially last 3 to 4 volumes), it was a disaster.
It's a viable concern, certainly; however might this actually be a reason for us to be happy about Itsu-Ten only having twelve episodes with regards to the main storyline?

After all, if one of ZEXCS' problems is in that they have a tendency to butcher a good story as it moves further and further along, then it's in the fans' best interest that they divy the story up with smaller seasons to minimize that problem, wouldn't you say?
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 21:57   Link #288
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
It's a viable concern, certainly; however might this actually be a reason for us to be happy about Itsu-Ten only having twelve episodes with regards to the main storyline?

After all, if one of ZEXCS' problems is in that they have a tendency to butcher a good story as it moves further and further along, then it's in the fans' best interest that they divy the story up with smaller seasons to minimize that problem, wouldn't you say?
3 ways it can swing:

1. stuopidget is speculating that they will cover 6 volumes. and I believe his speculation has some merit. because covering 6 volumes will cover the parts that fit the title, namely kuro usagi (dark rabbit). this means butcher mania in one cour.

2. Or optimistically, it can cover up till volume 3 (900 pages for 1 cour as for most LNs), though this is unlikely for 3 reasons: volume 1 will be done in 2 episodes; the cast includes Aomi Izumi, which debuts in volume 4; volume 3 ends in a cliffhanger that needs to be resolved in volume 4.

3. Or it can cover up till volume 4. volume 4 has ~470 pages so it may need 4 episodes to do. but then again, the cast on the website does not include 2 of the main supporting characters who have a major role in volume 4, but yet the PV 2 ver 2 have a frame which includes them, so it makes me confused. unless they add characters and cast progressively on the site like DYD...
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 22:30   Link #289
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Don't compare novel and anime...you should realize that by now...especially for someone who translates ZnT...

And it's Zexcs...they have a far far worse track record than JC for ruining good stuff.
I know. But it is just that both are from the same author and both are being animated by the same company, so maybe it is an omen... Something only a quarter-serious like that.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 23:56   Link #290
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Hmmm... I can't tell if there's too many things happening, or too little.

Simply put, this could stand to benefit from a 48min pilot episode as well

While I'm sure Himea is really a good girl because her fans were really adamant about that, the scene in the beginning... If it was any other series I would had warning bells ringing in my head... And her poor choice of words didn't help either

'Poison', 'Death', 'Servant'...?

Oh no you don't! I've seen this movie before !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 00:48   Link #291
DorkingtonPugsly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My cozy room
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I'm not going to complain about the fanservice if the otakus are actually going to buy the BDs so that we can get a 2nd season.

EDIT:
Spoiler for ED snippet from web-radio program:
I love the ED. I love all her music. so awesome... I think it fits with the anime very well.
__________________
DorkingtonPugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 00:58   Link #292
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Hmm... regular childhood friend AND the forgotten one as well. Awesome! Very slim chance I'll lose in this series, so definitely going to keep watching this despite the first episode not wowing me. XD
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 02:12   Link #293
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Wasn't that bad, but wasn't that great first episode. The art seemed off in some scenes like the anime Dragon Crisis did at times...

Most of the characters seem decent enough so far. Although I can already tell that Gekkou is going to be a major league dick. If they play it over the top too much I'll kick this to the curb in a heartbeat. I have zero interest in watching a male sadist as a main character...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 02:45   Link #294
lHyDrAl
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
This was a bit.... too average, but since it's Kagami Takaya I'll definitely stick with it.
lHyDrAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 04:09   Link #295
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Rofl funny 1st ep. The lead being hit by a truck, head detached from body, then controlls the body screaming endless wtf just made me loled so hard. We have a super undead who could probably kick ass (considering his martial arts background) with insane regenerating abilities, accompanied by an side kick ancient sorcerer who’s a vampire. And we also have a hardcore bishie and his somewhat useless servant, I assume she’s also a powerful monster who could awaken her powers if kissed by Gekkou. Gekkou’s a badass btw, liked his cocky attitude and his dark sword. Looking forward for ep 2.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 07:45   Link #296
uis
...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hekiyou Gakuen Student Council
Age: 25
Another Takaya Kagami works and Zexcs too... I hope it will become good adaption like Denyuuden too...

I think ep1 is okay of course not like train wreck denyuuden ep1...

and NSFW gif...
Spoiler for ...:
__________________

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 08:05   Link #297
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I just hope that the fanservice is a one off. They dont' have to play that card to make this show worth watching.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 09:35   Link #298
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Just a general warning for everyone, since I've already removed a few posts on the topic. Please refrain from discussing novel spoilers in this thread. If you want to discuss how the novel compares to the anime, keep it limited to events that have already happened in the anime. If you wish to discuss novel spoilers beyond what has already aired in the anime, please use the thread in the Manga/Light Novel section.

Thanks.
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 09:49   Link #299
mikoo
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Densetsu yuusha no densetsu + Kore wa zombie desuka I really enjoy this anime for some reason.
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 10:17   Link #300
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm... I can't tell if there's too many things happening, or too little.

Simply put, this could stand to benefit from a 48min pilot episode as well

While I'm sure Himea is really a good girl because her fans were really adamant about that, the scene in the beginning... If it was any other series I would had warning bells ringing in my head... And her poor choice of words didn't help either

'Poison', 'Death', 'Servant'...?

Oh no you don't! I've seen this movie before !
@ bolded, Lolololol....


Don't worry...it shouldn't be the level of THAT movie....I hope.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.