AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-07, 03:46   Link #521
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
gosh why is the screenwriting so bad.........

Edit: still pissed off that Kyuuai Real isn't used as the OP
Both of these QFT. :/
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 14:48   Link #522
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

If the anime don't go well i'm happy, hit them in the wallet is good so they learn the lesson and stop to turn good novels stories into crap animation and put more effort next time. Same with Astarotte no Omocha.

Current manga list
Claymore | Yumekui Merry | Uwa Koi | Berserk | Aku no Ana
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 17:40   Link #523
Zakoo

Ano ...

Spoiler for question:
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 21:42   Link #524
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Ano ...

Spoiler for question:
Spoiler:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 23:28   Link #525
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 23:50   Link #526
Zodiamaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
Well, let's look at it this way:

- Comments here on AS, other anime forums, review sites, blogs and other such places have slowed down considerably. Some have stopped talking about it completely.
- I know I've said it before, but sales for Itsu-Ten's anime are still very, very bad.
- I've seen people drop Itsuka with each and every episode. Some hung out there longer than others, but it's pretty much been a spiraling downturn since near the beginning. Hell, even I dropped it with this last episode.

Here at AS, I'm pretty much at a loss for coming up with much else to talk about. The only real discussion we've had is how much of a mess the anime has been; so, aside from a few random comments here and there, this thread may well have burned itself out.

Things may pick up again once we near the end of the anime or once it's completed, but for now I'm more inclined to focus more on the light novel and manga.

Take all that as you will, I suppose.
Indeed, this anime is terrible.
Though that's sort of a good thing but it's not that often that we get the chance to bash a terrible series to our hearts content.

Epísode 5 was dissapointing(just like episodes 2, 3, and 4).
Spoiler for Episode 5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pre-orders are still a good indicator of interest.
Just look at what happened to Duke Nukem Forever.

Pre-orders means the interest got before seeing the product.

If the product turns out to be crappy, game over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
That's good. The part that caused me to add that was the "the way it was meant to be enjoyed" part of your statement. The anime is just as valid a method as any other, so I feel that the way it's "meant" to be enjoyed is any way the audience pleases.
No matter how good the LN is, the show is crappy, and it still be crappy, even if hardcore fans spend two hours on forums a day telling us who haven't read the manga or the LN about how good they are.

There is nothing that dictates how something is supposed to be enjoyed.

Some enjoy reading long and detailed paragraphs and using their imagination. Others like listening to it and using their imagination. Some others like less detailed stuff but with some pictures along with it, and another group prefers watching it.

Whether some fans and consume everything related to a series in every media, that has nothing to do with "enjoying it the way it is meant to be enjoyed", though for some reason it often happens that they like to pretend they are "better" for doing so, some sort of silly pride.
Old 2011-08-08, 01:08   Link #527
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Really think the only way I'm getting through this is watching the series in batches. Going 3 or so episodes at a time isn't doing too bad. At least have some idea of what's going on though I'm still fairly confused.

Think I can simplify my thoughts by saying Himea has a lot of issues. To be fair going all that time with torture and being sealed away will do that, but still she has a lot of issues. I mean it seems she created one personality out of loneliness, but that wasn't good enough so she took things further with that Bliss spell. Really seems like she created a lot of problems via her magic thanks to her extreme loneliness and suffering. Who knows what other problems are going to pop up.

Gekkou might have a bad attitude, but does have a lot of things to deal with. I mean geeze you have Himea causing problems, the Tenma, his brother who somehow survived (of course they never really explained how Taito survived that extra death in the second episode), and a hyper girl that he has a contract with .

Suppose it makes sense that Haruka couldn't just be a normal childhood friend. No one can be remotely close to the cast without being strange in some fashion .

Anyways can see how those who actually know the source material could be upset with the series and could see how first time viewers could just drop it. Will probably stick it out to the end if only to see what crazy thing happens next.
Old 2011-08-08, 10:31   Link #528
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiamaster View Post
Just look at what happened to Duke Nukem Forever.

Pre-orders means the interest got before seeing the product.

If the product turns out to be crappy, game over.
But usually the show airs a bit before pre-orders open up. So it's not really "buyer beware", but rather something they've already tested. Hence why pre-orders are low for this series.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 10:56   Link #529
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiamaster View Post
No matter how good the LN is, the show is crappy, and it still be crappy, even if hardcore fans spend two hours on forums a day telling us who haven't read the manga or the LN about how good they are.

There is nothing that dictates how something is supposed to be enjoyed.

Some enjoy reading long and detailed paragraphs and using their imagination. Others like listening to it and using their imagination. Some others like less detailed stuff but with some pictures along with it, and another group prefers watching it.

Whether some fans and consume everything related to a series in every media, that has nothing to do with "enjoying it the way it is meant to be enjoyed", though for some reason it often happens that they like to pretend they are "better" for doing so, some sort of silly pride.
Certainly people should be free to enjoy their entertainment however they want; which in this case we'll limit to the three forms of light novel, manga and anime for simplicity's sake.

However, bearing in mind the particular kind of enjoyment that fans get from the original work, which in Itsu-Ten's case we'll say is the light novel, it's also important to take into consideration how that transfers over into an anime adaption and act accordingly.

Some of the reasons why the light novel is popular follow as a result of Kagami's writing style:

- His ability to create a stunningly vast 'world' within the context of his story
- Characterizations that have you yourself grow and develop alongside the characters as they do, sympathizing with them to a point of real emotional impact.
- And perhaps most importantly of all, a sense of originality in that the story doesn't just rely on tried methods that we've seen too many times over, but takes a fresh new look and innovation in a number of respects.

Now it's important to keep in mind that the dominant belief right now is that ZEXCS is targeting the reading audience as its main viewers. However, when you take an objective look at the anime, you see that many of the reasons for the light novels' popularity didn't translate over into the anime; instead besieging viewers with tons of fan service, story butchering, etc.

As I said, you're certainly correct in that people are free to enjoy their entertainment however they want. However in that same respect, and in this case, ZEXCS needed to understand precisely why people enjoyed Itsu-Ten in the first place, which I don't believe they did; hence why we've come to a point where the anime has met with so much criticism and distaste from its viewers.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 11:03   Link #530
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Ano ...

Spoiler for question:
IIRC:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-08, 11:08   Link #531
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post

Now it's important to keep in mind that the dominant belief right now is that ZEXCS is targeting the reading audience as its main viewers.
...........What........

That is really like dumping water on damp wood and then saying you expected the wood to burst into flames...
Old 2011-08-08, 11:14   Link #532
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

don't think Zexcs is targeting the reading audience but the non-reading audience as well the fan-service collectors. they need to focus on getting into the heavy meat in volumes 5 and 6 for more action and for the title to make sense (even though the rest of the story doesn't due to the butchering LOL) and for the series to end properly (not really, but in a manner of speaking). I think the main problem is that they don't get 2 cours for this, which will change things a lot. The reading audience wouldn't mind the cour to end at v3 or v4.

Last edited by larethian; 2011-08-08 at 11:25.
Old 2011-08-08, 12:18   Link #533
TheEroKing
On a Break

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
This series would be incomplete without sex
Old 2011-08-08, 12:27   Link #534
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
don't think Zexcs is targeting the reading audience but the non-reading audience as well the fan-service collectors. they need to focus on getting into the heavy meat in volumes 5 and 6 for more action and for the title to make sense (even though the rest of the story doesn't due to the butchering LOL) and for the series to end properly (not really, but in a manner of speaking). I think the main problem is that they don't get 2 cours for this, which will change things a lot. The reading audience wouldn't mind the cour to end at v3 or v4.
If we assume that Zexcs is targeting the non-reading audience as well as fan-service collectors, then their approach still doesn't make any sense.

Many who are new to the series have been dropping it for lack of a coherent story, so it doesn't really matter even if they're planning to focus on more of the action in volumes 5 and 6 because of the damage already done.

As for fan-service collectors, well... quite frankly, there are too many fan-service centered anime out right now, divvying up what attention there is to be had, to honestly count for much. Prime examples of this would be "Ro-Kyu-Bu!" and "Mayo Chiki!", both of which have already secured Top 100 places in Blu-ray pre-orders.
Old 2011-08-08, 18:59   Link #535
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
This series would be incomplete without sex
Well until the crossover...crap...better wave goodbye to the clothes Ferris, you are fanservice bait and the only girl in the crossover with a sizable rack.
Old 2011-08-08, 21:46   Link #536
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Well until the crossover...crap...better wave goodbye to the clothes Ferris, you are fanservice bait and the only girl in the crossover with a sizable rack.
you forget Kiefer, who was enhanced after mid-series.
Old 2011-08-08, 22:23   Link #537
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
you forget Kiefer, who was enhanced after mid-series.
For a ZEXCS' anime that was surprisingly low-key on fan service, Kiefer had a decent amount to her name IIRC; more so than Ferris anyway. I wonder how they'll treat her in an OVA...

Me thinks I'll get out a bottle of the ol' sparkling grape juice when the time comes. This is going to be interesting.
Old 2011-08-11, 08:23   Link #538
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Is the show a poor adaptation of the manga (I haven't read the novel)? Sure. Do I find myself enjoying it anyway? Yeah. Maybe it's that guilty pleasure thing, but I can't find myself with the same feelings I had watching Yumeki Merry. God that one was awful compared to the manga.

I am a bit tired of hearing Taito over and over, but meh, I had to put up with Inuyasha/Kagome over and over and over again but still found enough reasons to like that series in spite of that.

For me the highlight of this episode was the voice acting. Balskrah, Bliss-Himea, and Tenma all sounded great. Fan service aside, the visuals are still pleasing. Tenma in particular....what a creepy laugh. The rest I've sort of expected already - a truncated story that mish mashes various elements out of order and crams it into one season while missing the mark on why fans liked the original story to begin with. However, for me at least, the show offers lots of elements to amuse my boredom in between much better anime, like Steins:Gate.

Anyway, sadly most of these (light/visual) novel adaptations are awful and don't deserve more than the status of alleviating boredom. I can understand why a movie would have difficulty adapting a book, but there's little excuse for a series to screw around with the source material so much.
Old 2011-08-11, 12:36   Link #539
Iromaru

This show is bad, no doubt about it. But I'm still enjoying it a bit.

And seriously, 99% of LN adaptations are horrible.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 13:02   Link #540
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

this show is enjoyable if you switch off your brain and disregard the confusing, convoluted stuff, especially since heavy action is expected in the weeks to come (after episode 6). just don't peg your judgement of the quality of the source material to the show

Tags
fantasy, shounen