AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-03, 10:39   Link #161
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Well if the special is considered episode 13, then it's most likely this will be 12 episodes, and ...

= me
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 15:30   Link #162
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
it will be released on DVD in Decemeber and according to the site the special won't be aired.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 19:18   Link #163
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Well the OVA won't be by Zexcs yes? At least Kagami is taking a direct hand in it....
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 21:21   Link #164
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
whatever the case, 12 episodes is just bad news
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 07:11   Link #165
Allen
メインヒロイン
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
PV:

Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 08:06   Link #166
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
Huh we got some free pantyshots and I don't see the author writing that, maybe i'm wrong though.

My anticipation is still at some high level.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 15:04   Link #167
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tell me and then we'll both know o__O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Huh we got some free pantyshots and I don't see the author writing that, maybe i'm wrong though.

My anticipation is still at some high level.
I certainly agree with you there, and it isn't in the manga at any point that I can see either. An intentional throw-in to capture the attention of younger boys, most likely?

Regardless, it isn't that much of a surprise, unfortunately. What would seriously turn me off is if they started pulling that kind of nonsense with Himea. Her character doesn't deserve it at all, and it would seriously put a dent in the anime overall, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian
whatever the case, 12 episodes is just bad news
Twelve episodes for Itsuka Tenma would be, quite honestly, an abomination, though I haven't read any reports stating that to be the case? Is it?

Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 2011-06-09 at 15:35.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 19:52   Link #168
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
I certainly agree with you there, and it isn't in the manga at any point that I can see either. An intentional throw-in to capture the attention of younger boys, most likely?

Regardless, it isn't that much of a surprise, unfortunately. What would seriously turn me off is if they started pulling that kind of nonsense with Himea. Her character doesn't deserve it at all, and it would seriously put a dent in the anime overall, IMHO.



Twelve episodes for Itsuka Tenma would be, quite honestly, an abomination, though I haven't read any reports stating that to be the case? Is it?
She's the main female character.....I fear that would very well be so. Mirai is fine since well, she IS like that but Himea is far too much the tragic female for that...
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 20:36   Link #169
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
I certainly agree with you there, and it isn't in the manga at any point that I can see either. An intentional throw-in to capture the attention of younger boys, most likely?

Regardless, it isn't that much of a surprise, unfortunately. What would seriously turn me off is if they started pulling that kind of nonsense with Himea. Her character doesn't deserve it at all, and it would seriously put a dent in the anime overall, IMHO.



Twelve episodes for Itsuka Tenma would be, quite honestly, an abomination, though I haven't read any reports stating that to be the case? Is it?
because the special that would be released in Decemeber on DVD is labeled as episode 13...

there are a few 'panty shots' of Mirai in the novel, but they are very rare, unlike what's happening in the PV.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 20:51   Link #170
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tell me and then we'll both know o__O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
She's the main female character.....I fear that would very well be so. Mirai is fine since well, she IS like that but Himea is far too much the tragic female for that...
Initial Reaction:

Spoiler:


Rage:

Spoiler:


All that aside however, I'm placing my hopes in that they won't take such blatant abuse of Itsuka Tenma's popularity and use it to rope in a few extra perverted viewers. And if they do, I don't want to believe that fans, the real fans, would take such a thing lying down. I certainly wouldn't.

But, they didn't do that with Legend of the Legendary Heroes, so it's too soon to say anything just yet. All I have to say with regards to any fanservice regarding Himea is that they had better do it with a style and elegance reflective of her character or else I'm nixing the whole thing and sticking to the manga and light novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian
because the special that would be released in December on DVD is labeled as episode 13...

there are a few 'panty shots' of Mirai in the novel, but they are very rare, unlike what's happening in the PV
If all this turns out to be true in that they're taking such an amazing series with a mere twelve eps, my faith in the Japanese animation industry has just sunk a little bit more.

Thank the stars we still have the light novel and manga to fall back on.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 20:52   Link #171
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
sweating buckets while watching.................... okay this is dooms day. That is one hell of fan service crap. Forget the animation it's like pantsu here and there every damn second of the pv!!!!!!
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 21:24   Link #172
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
that's why I need translators to help showcase Kagami's awesomeness in fantasy writing. >_< Denyuuden was butchered heavily but some of the episodes were done right, and I was happy they didn't cut most of the gore out, though on the whole it was still bad. the emotional elements weren't as strong as the novel.
and since we're expecting 6 volumes for this series (and with volume 4 over 400 pages), Itsuten is probably going to be butchered at an even more intense rate. they may be targeting to increase novel sales in Japan, but butchering adaptations is definitely not the right way imho.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 21:44   Link #173
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tell me and then we'll both know o__O
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
that's why I need translators to help showcase Kagami's awesomeness in fantasy writing. >_< Denyuuden was butchered heavily but some of the episodes were done right, and I was happy they didn't cut most of the gore out, though on the whole it was still bad. the emotional elements weren't as strong as the novel.
and since we're expecting 6 volumes for this series (and with volume 4 over 400 pages), Itsuten is probably going to be butchered at an even more intense rate. they may be targeting to increase novel sales in Japan, but butchering adaptations is definitely not the right way imho.
I'd love to be able to help you with your translations, but unfortunately my Japanese won't be up to snuff for at least another couple of months. If at that time you're still looking for help though, it would be my pleasure.

All that aside though, it just breaks my heart to see Itsuka Tenma's potential tossed aside and reduced to such conventional and worn out tactics.

It's not just that though. Being a voice actor, trying out for some of my favorite series is one of my greatest joys. Itsuka Tenma is one of them, and I always thought how awesome it would be to try out for Taito or Gekko. Now it's just starting to feel like a total let down though...
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 00:35   Link #174
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
I'd love to be able to help you with your translations, but unfortunately my Japanese won't be up to snuff for at least another couple of months. If at that time you're still looking for help though, it would be my pleasure.
always welcome. I don't have much time to translate anything right now.

official site opened this morning:
http://kadokawa-anime.jp/itsu-ten/top.php
http://www.facebook.com/itsuten.official
http://www.onsen.ag/itsuten/

and somehow, I actually prefer Denyuuden's method of revealing characters on the official site one by one as the story progresses - keeps up the suspense.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 18:32   Link #175
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
PV:

... why is the narrator speaking in english?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 04:55   Link #176
Eternal Regnum771
Super Sadist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
The fanservice is nice. Then again, I don't normally mind them at all.

Himea being naked is as she should be. I do agree with Shinn regarding her fanservice. which should be fitting to her character, and not to Mirai's. The type of fanservice style between those two should contrast.
Eternal Regnum771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 05:15   Link #177
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
... why is the narrator speaking in english?
Because the anime is highly likely to be streamed on Crunchyroll. Plus the relation between Crunchyroll and Kadokawa is to stream more anime in order to fight against the illegal streaming around the world.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 08:20   Link #178
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Because the anime is highly likely to be streamed on Crunchyroll. Plus the relation between Crunchyroll and Kadokawa is to stream more anime in order to fight against the illegal streaming around the world.
I wonder if it's the same guy that voiced the "my girlfriend is the president" trailer. xD
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 18:20   Link #179
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tell me and then we'll both know o__O
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
... why is the narrator speaking in english?
That surprised me as well. Mayhaps I've just been watching the wrong PVs, but this is a first for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Because the anime is highly likely to be streamed on Crunchyroll. Plus the relation between Crunchyroll and Kadokawa is to stream more anime in order to fight against the illegal streaming around the world.
Here's to hoping they come out with their subs quickly and a heart that understands and conveys the story as it should be told. Cheers.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 21:45   Link #180
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Wow, Bishounen, fanservice, cute girls in an action romance. What can I ask for more?
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.