AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Old 2010-10-05, 17:55   Link #41
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Madara said that it was time to capture the Kyuubi, not that he'd be the one to do it. Though I do know what you mean. That's a typical misleading cliffhanger. And with the ability to search by air on Deidara's clay birds, they probably won't have a hard time finding the island even if it's moving if Kisame gave them its location. I mean, how fast could that giant turtle really be swimming?
Kinda depends... i mean for one thing we don't know exactly how much time there is between Kisame sending out his message and Kabuto being sent out... also there appears to be a fog around the island; this can be good or bad. on the one hand this would make the turtle easier to find in the vast ocean; on the other hand, if the fog is too large it could take a LONG time to find the island within the fog

Quote:
The battles between the large armies will probably happen mostly offscreen though. We'll see the aftermath with bodies laying on the battlefields or hear about what's happening on the war fronts from other characters.
This is what i'm expecting, since that's how the "war" with sound, sand and kohona went... there we signs that there was major fighting going on, and we saw glimpses of other ninjas fighting, but for the vast majority of the chapters, kishi focused on the one-on-one fights. Really that made it feel much less like a war that resulted in halving kohona's strength

Even though the whitebeard war only lasted one day, what i did like about what oda did is that he made the war feel very chaotic... you could see the numerous peons fighting in the backgrounds, and the big name fighters were constantly changing who they were fighting. the thousands of peons actually felt like they were part of the war and not just an afterthought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Really? I don't remember their numbers being mentioned, although they surely were...many
ch550 mentions that there were 100k marines... the number of pirates however were unknown as we were only given the number of crews
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 18:21   Link #42
james0246

Quote:
How many square meters do 600 billion soldiers occupy anyway!?
Duh, you simply stack them on top of each other (Yertle conclusively proved this).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 21:43   Link #43
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Clone wars?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 22:32   Link #44
iBeast

What the hell...100k Zetsu's? So the original Zetsu is probably a clone himself no?

Man I have no idea what is going on anymore.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 23:50   Link #45
SeanQ

isn't it actually 200k ? since they can split?
Old 2010-10-06, 00:05   Link #46
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
isn't it actually 200k ? since they can split?
That may depend on if they are 100k black and white zetsus or if they are just 100k single color Zetsus; similar to what we saw at the summit
besides... i'm not sure i would quickly say that these Zetsu's will have all the powers of the original... afterall, all 100k of them are nothing more than canon fodder
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 00:45   Link #47
james0246

^And of the 80,000 allied Shinobi, probably 70,000+ are grunts/fodder, so that is still 10,000 decent and above Shinobi against 30,000 Zetsu clones (the other 70,000 equalling and negating th 70,000 Shinobi grunts/fodder).
Old 2010-10-06, 02:53   Link #48
Ulquiorra
Espada

Of the 80,000 Allied Forces, only maybe the 100 with names matter. And about 80% of them are from Konoha. So the Zetsu Clum Babies will tear through everything until they meet someone like Tenten. We knew Kishimoto was going to have Madara pull an army out of his butt. We just didn't know what army it was going to be. Now even Ino gets something to fight.

Anyway, like everything else with Madara, Zetsu probably has something to do with Hashirama's DNA. I am beginning to think Madara was secretly in love with Mito Umuzaki and Hashirama stole her from him. And everything from then is just to get back at him.

I have no interest in Gaara vs Deidara Part II. Did the Rock Kage even go? Can't tell from the spoiler.

Now let's start this stupid war!
Old 2010-10-06, 05:40   Link #49
Lukrin

Why would gaara go protect naruto and kb theyre both waaaay stronger then him
Lukrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 07:14   Link #50
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
That may depend on if they are 100k black and white zetsus or if they are just 100k single color Zetsus; similar to what we saw at the summit
Probably gonna be the whites...who sends black soldiers to a massacre since the white one performed well against whatshername (does the current mizukage have one?). Anyway, I can totally see the 79.X k humans dying to a single jutsu, and the 100k clones dying to yet another one. Being able to do such damage must have all the fodder thinking, hacker ninjas everywhere these days <_<
Old 2010-10-06, 07:19   Link #51
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
besides... i'm not sure i would quickly say that these Zetsu's will have all the powers of the original... afterall, all 100k of them are nothing more than canon fodder
I think it was mentioned that the army consists of all white Zetsus. The black one seems to be special somehow, as we've never seen him split (besides separating from the white half) or be cloned. His intelligence is also much higher. He may be the "original" Zetsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^And of the 80,000 allied Shinobi, probably 70,000+ are grunts/fodder, so that is still 10,000 decent and above Shinobi against 30,000 Zetsu clones (the other 70,000 equalling and negating th 70,000 Shinobi grunts/fodder).
That's not even factoring Kabuto's zombie Akatsuki (that's assuming he stopped with just Akatsuki we saw, he implies he may have more) and any special clones Madara's made, like the Shodai clone and the fact that Kabuto could very well make the existing Zetsu army even more powerful. Madara also has Sasuke as a potentially very powerful weapon. Though I doubt Sasuke will be all that enthusiastic about the war. Madara will have to persuade him to fight anyone other than Konoha and you never know when he'll come down with a sudden case of mercy or compassion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra
I have no interest in Gaara vs Deidara Part II. Did the Rock Kage even go? Can't tell from the spoiler.
Looks like the Tsuchikage's definitely going. It's Gaara who mentioned he might go which means he almost certainly will, or else there was no point in bringing it up.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 08:22   Link #52
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Well, if you stick to modern warfare, 80,000 shinobi means several Divisions (from 8 to 4 probably)... and for a force of that magnitude you always have a few regiments or batallions of elite forces (Rangers, Royal Marines, etc).

Think in this way... there are regular shinobi (jounin, chounin, even genins) and there is special shinobis, like ANBU shinobis, even ANBU ROOT shinobis.

So, you are pretty much correct in the 10,000 decent shinobi figure, which IMHO, are the tip of the spear.
Old 2010-10-06, 08:55   Link #53
james0246

Quote:
Probably gonna be the whites...who sends black soldiers to a massacre since the white one performed well against whatshername (does the current mizukage have one?). Anyway, I can totally see the 79.X k humans dying to a single jutsu, and the 100k clones dying to yet another one. Being able to do such damage must have all the fodder thinking, hacker ninjas everywhere these days <_<
Spoilers confirm that all the Clum Babaies (glad that is catching on) are white:

In other news, has anyone heard anything about the baseball one-shot?
Old 2010-10-06, 11:10   Link #54
GDB

Well, if all the clones are white, then I guess that means the black Zetsu we know is the original, real Zetsu? At least it's not something ridiculous where he was a complete clone all along.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 11:38   Link #55
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

If we go by military strength then Kumo and Iwa are the strongest going by the recent fanbook. Both 4/5 in military strength. Konoha is tied with Kiri at 3/5. Suna is last with 2/5. But I would give Kumo the largest army since Kishi has mentioned how much they have been building up. And Konoha just got hit hard, so that takes them down a little, even if everyone was wished back.

So let's say for arguments sake the 80,000 is like this. (Of course the majority of them are fodder. In an old databook Kishi said the majority of the villages are made up of genin and civilians.)

Kumo: 20,000
Iwa: 18,000
Kiri: 15,000
Konoha: 12,000
Iron Country: 10,000
Suna: 5,000

None of the ninja wars have been one large army vs. another to the death. So I don't see 80,000 vs. 100,000. Or even 10,000 vs. 25,000. They are always smaller skirmishes played out over millions of acres. Sometimes into other villages. But if Madara can get 20,000 Zetsu into Suna, then he should be able to destroy the village. Gaara or no Gaara. He could start thinning out the numbers of the Allies. We know it will come down to the popular characters to save everyone, but he has a number advantage since the Allies are divided by 6 in the area they have to protect. The Raikage can't commit all his troops to the war since he has to guard against Kumo being attacked. Same with the others.

And if Kabuto can upgrade the Zetusus....

Quote:
In other news, has anyone heard anything about the baseball one-shot?
We have a long summary, but no one seems that interested in translating it at the moment.

Last edited by DeDe; 2010-10-06 at 11:58.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 14:41   Link #56
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Spoilers confirm that all the Clum Babaies (glad that is catching on) are white:
A sea of white little swirling things? Madara's got a really nasty mind
Quote:
Well, if all the clones are white, then I guess that means the black Zetsu we know is the original, real Zetsu? At least it's not something ridiculous where he was a complete clone all along.
It could be that Zetsu is in fact both white and black, and if either survives he can replicate the other half OR black is just the scout type and as such can't really go to war. I do wonder though, will the Clum baby army be able to merge with the planet in an amazing high-speed hit-and-run attack combo?
Old 2010-10-06, 15:51   Link #57
james0246

^I thought the black half was just a mask of some sort, clothing that covered half of Zetsu-Prime's body...
Old 2010-10-06, 18:58   Link #58
GDB

Quote:
^I thought the black half was just a mask of some sort, clothing that covered half of Zetsu-Prime's body...
But the black half seemed to have conversations with the white half (during the Sasuke/Itachi fight, for example).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:18   Link #59
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But the black half seemed to have conversations with the white half (during the Sasuke/Itachi fight, for example).
So? How does one side talking to the other discount the idea that one side is simply wearing a mask/covering? Just look at a picture of Zetsu some time; the black side doesn't have a mouth, the eye seems to be covered by some strange yellow lens, and there are strange marks going up the dividing line, it certainly doesn't help that both feet are white...

That being said, I wasn't clear on part of the Spoiler: Did Madara imply that Zetsu came from Hashirama?
Old 2010-10-06, 20:23   Link #60
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

So what is Zetsu exactly thought he wasn't a front line fighter ? So his clones will .
And where is Sauske again ?