AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your impression of the movie - A Wakening of the Trailblazer
091 - 100: Amazing 78 24.30%
081 - 090: Great 66 20.56%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.33%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.58%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.48%
041 - 050: Below Average 16 4.98%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.87%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.25%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.12%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 21 6.54%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-16, 11:55   Link #801
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
It's the same for the other Gundam Meisters if you look at it
That's true.
Old 2011-01-17, 16:02   Link #802
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Theoretically it can. Under the assumption that the system was unlocked (which 0 Gundam never had save for the end of S2) , it may be able to.

There are two possible problems though. First of all is the particle volume and pressure rate. Trans Am handles these at high levels so it's possible the frame may not be able to handle it and since TA has never been done on a 1st Generation machine, it's hard to tell the results especially when the 0 Gundam is already Inefficient in it's particle handling . But case in point is the 00 Gundam in which case ithe TA works but after awhile the whole machine fails due to particl ovelowr of the frame not being able to handle the large output of it's powerplant. It's just a bit of unknown for the 0 Gundam being an archaic machine in which case none of the same generation has been tested.

The other problem from a different angle is the lack of Condensers. The HG 0 Gundam manual mentions that the beam gun takes it's particles directly from the GN Drive, which suggests that the machines have no intermediatery body Condensers and since the TA of single Drive suits rely more on Condenser storage than pure increase in poweplant output for the paricles in TA, there's a chance it may not be able to TA very effectively. Both scenarios present potential hinderenv to 0 Gundam TA although we dot know for sure since we have no hard data on any scenarios involving an 0 Gundam TA

So yeah, it can theoretically do it but there may be potential problems or hinderences. We just don't know whether these potential hinderences may prevent it without any real data. If only we can take 0 Gundam and try it out for ourselves >__>
Old 2011-01-19, 02:03   Link #803
velocity7

If anyone was wondering, the BD-Live content is in fact Japanese-IP restricted. Just confirmed it with a proxy of mine.
Old 2011-01-20, 11:26   Link #804
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
If anyone was wondering, the BD-Live content is in fact Japanese-IP restricted. Just confirmed it with a proxy of mine.
Figures...
Old 2011-01-20, 23:00   Link #805
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

What ever happened to the clips from the Trailer?

We saw Lockon's gundam with this fork like sniper in space.. Then we see him with dual pistols.. We see Setsuna's gundam with GN blade thing and fighting... :O They were scrapped>/
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 23:03   Link #806
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post

We saw Lockon's gundam with this fork like sniper in space.. Then we see him with dual pistols.. We see Setsuna's gundam with GN blade thing and fighting... :O They were scrapped>/
Sadly, those clips were just made for the trailers.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 23:06   Link #807
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:

The "fork like sniper" was just one of Zabanya's Rifle Bits, and the dual pistols were given a redesign and incorporated into the Rifle Bits. Setsuna's Gundam still had the GN Sword, and all of it's fight scenes in the trailer were in the movie. Nothing was scrapped...
Old 2011-01-20, 23:17   Link #808
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The "fork like sniper" was just one of Zabanya's Rifle Bits, and the dual pistols were given a redesign and incorporated into the Rifle Bits. Setsuna's Gundam still had the GN Sword, and all of it's fight scenes in the trailer were in the movie. Nothing was scrapped...
Dunno, but I guess he/she means scenes like the 00 Qan(T) launching while the Sword Bits fly around it in a circle or Raphael´s Wing Zero-like spin. Iirc, their were not in the movie, right?
Old 2011-01-20, 23:30   Link #809
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Dunno, but I guess he/she means scenes like the 00 Qan(T) launching while the Sword Bits fly around it in a circle or Raphael´s Wing Zero-like spin. Iirc, their were not in the movie, right?
They weren't, but he wasn't asking about those.
Old 2011-01-20, 23:31   Link #810
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
They weren't, but he wasn't asking about those.
Oh, i misunderstood then
Old 2011-01-21, 00:24   Link #811
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Regarding Trailer 2, aka first trailer where the new colors/redesign appeared those scene did not appear. The scene with the Braves made it although slightly minor altered from my POV and 00 Qan(T)'s launch scene was included as well. For the record, a big change from these trailers were also Raphael's particles which were pink and green before while now they're the standard Tau orange.

The one where 00 Qan(T)'s sword bits flew in a circle? I thought that was in the first trailer before the redesign? That was an even earlier scene prototypes too.

It's too bad the Raphael and Zabanya parts didnt make it, they looked awesome in these scenes. Zabanya was sniping in a traditional hand position too. Harute in this trailer was forgettable though.
Old 2011-01-21, 00:30   Link #812
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
It's too bad the Raphael and Zabanya parts didnt make it, they looked awesome in these scenes. Zabanya was sniping in a traditional hand position too.
I personally would have preferred the close-up shot of Zabanya's missiles.
Old 2011-01-21, 00:37   Link #813
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
I personally would have preferred the close-up shot of Zabanya's missiles.
Totally forgot about that! Why did they not use it?! Teasing us with stuff like that and not use it? WHY, sunrise, WHY?
Old 2011-01-21, 13:45   Link #814
quagmire

Quote:
Zabaniya still uses the fork like sniper. Hell, it uses two of them. We just don't see Lockon using it in what was seen in the trailer.

Last edited by NightWish; 2011-01-21 at 18:21.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 22:36   Link #815
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
During Allehujah & Marie getting chased by the trucks controlled by ELS, when this 00 movie turning into a horror movie?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 22:43   Link #816
akei1
nani?

I finished watching Gundam 00 seasons 1 & 2 and the movie Trailblazer. I just now realized why the series is called Gundam 00 lol

It's because some of Setsuna's gundams seldom leave a trail of GN particles in the shape of two circles (this happened at the end of the movie after Setsuna jumps to the ELS home world). Amirite?

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...y_davislim.jpg

http://chubbybots.files.wordpress.co...-00-raiser.jpg
akei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 23:38   Link #817
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
During Allehujah & Marie getting chased by the trucks controlled by ELS, when this 00 movie turning into a horror movie?
The first half was sort of one, but it's more of suspense than a horror movie. They were just building up the mysterious aliens and personally I actually liked the first half more, although the final battle was also nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Totally forgot about that! Why did they not use it?! Teasing us with stuff like that and not use it? WHY, sunrise, WHY?
It's likely because they made those scenes specifically for the trailers as opposed to it being part of the movie. They wanted to show them off but at the same time they didnt want to show off the ELS (which they did a great job hiding till near the movie when they slowly revealed it), of which Zarute had a lot of fights with. They wanted to show them off extensively too, so that would have required some custom animations scenes made.

This is as opposed to the Braves and 00 Qan(T) which had relatively little showtime in said trailer comapred to them, in which case it was just safe to use a short scene of them doing something other than fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akei1 View Post
I finished watching Gundam 00 seasons 1 & 2 and the movie Trailblazer. I just now realized why the series is called Gundam 00 lol

It's because some of Setsuna's gundams seldom leave a trail of GN particles in the shape of two circles (this happened at the end of the movie after Setsuna jumps to the ELS home world). Amirite?

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...y_davislim.jpg

http://chubbybots.files.wordpress.co...-00-raiser.jpg
The real story behind the name 00 was because it was an early codename for the project but they liked it so much they stuck with it. The symbolic reason is because it's the name of Setsuna's main mid series Gundam, who got prominant roles in doing stuff like alot of ass kicking and Innovating humanity.

Why the name 00 was chosen by CB is unknown although it's generally assumed it's related to the Twin Drive System. Their first Gundam was called 0 Gundam which was the prototype of all Gundams, and it's generally asummed that name came from it being a prototype.

Sorry, got caaried away by alot of self ramblings there.
Old 2011-01-22, 03:23   Link #818
yusawateva

Harute in Marute mode, you can see a Gadessa like face/head if you look at the top eyes?
yusawateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 05:36   Link #819
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
No, I do take it personally.

Like I said before, that scene was for the purpose of showcasing their Super Soldier's abilities beyond purely MS combat ones.

If you think this is a horror movie, then I think some genuinely horror movies can induce death.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 05:42   Link #820
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

What exactly constitutes a car chasing someone as a horror movie?

That happens a lot in action movies, even without having drivers. I see it as sci-fi element. More than a horror one.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote