AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your impression of the movie - A Wakening of the Trailblazer
091 - 100: Amazing 78 24.30%
081 - 090: Great 66 20.56%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.33%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.58%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.48%
041 - 050: Below Average 16 4.98%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.87%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.25%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.12%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 21 6.54%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-25, 17:27   Link #881
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
They've caused an energy crisis...
The energy crisis had been the issue since Aeolia's time. You can't pin it to Celestial Being to be responsible for that. The one I remember they did was advocating the solar power and preventing the world to use the nuclear power.

EDIT: Oh yeah, SonicSP, I found that 90% no conflict source: http://ninteenpointzerofour.wordpres...-mechanic-dx7/
Quote:
90% of the world is peaceful. We’ve been focusing on the middle east, but in other areas there is no conflict.
It was from Great Mechanics DX7. It talks about S2, so I think UN/ESF have some share of the results.

Last edited by kakakka; 2011-01-25 at 18:34.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 11:07   Link #882
velocity7
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Even the Observers were mostly unhappy with the method that the Ptolemaios faction has been conducting their interventions(which kinda shows what moral grounds they stand on), due to their perceived incompetence as well as their effect of not terrorizing the world as much as they should have. That's why they were so willing to approve of the Trinities when Alejandro presented them, they didn't like the current members of the Ptolemaios faction.
Karma is a bitch, ain't it?

That said, it seems like the remaining factions in Celestial Being post-S2 started following policies not unlike the Ptolemaios faction.
__________________
velocity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 00:49   Link #883
v717
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
To help protect the Drives from being replicated. Not having the Drives technology being copied was an important priority according to the MG Exia manual, which was one of the reasons so little of them was made. (as well as them being hard to make of course)



I think the HD screenshots shows they're still there.
Spoiler for Large image:
v717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 06:30   Link #884
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 26
Earth had no idea how fucked it was going to be.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 16:30   Link #885
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
As for Celestial Being killing their own scientists out of place, it isn't really. The groups operate on end justifying the means basis over the years. They've caused an energy crisis (as to increase the promotion of Aeolia's SES) in the past as well as to help ensure the creation of the blocs, they've kidnapped scientists, etcetc.
Then there was the whole business with Fon forcing him to join and putting an collar rigged with explosives to assure his corporation and from what information we have of the orginal plan it seems that it called for the Ptolemaios faction destruction in order for the plan to proceed. Of course Tierra wasn't much better during the first part of the 1 season with his views of Sumeragi plans and he came pretty close to shooting Setsuna.


Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
That said, it seems like the remaining factions in Celestial Being post-S2 started following policies not unlike the Ptolemaios faction.
Ironically they have Alejandro mainly to thank for that since he took care most of CB leadership during his little coup.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 16:36   Link #886
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Ironically they have Alejandro mainly to thank for that since he took care most of CB leadership during his little coup.
Don't you mean Ribbons?
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 22:03   Link #887
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Don't you mean Ribbons?
Whoever made the call it's a sure bet Ali did the wetwork.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 22:09   Link #888
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Whoever made the call it's a sure bet Ali did the wetwork.
Most likely.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 02:14   Link #889
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Then there was the whole business with Fon forcing him to join and putting an collar rigged with explosives to assure his corporation and from what information we have of the orginal plan it seems that it called for the Ptolemaios faction destruction in order for the plan to proceed. Of course Tierra wasn't much better during the first part of the 1 season with his views of Sumeragi plans and he came pretty close to shooting Setsuna.
Yeah, Tieria was initially the no nonsence person. He really wants to get the Plan going. Of course, killing a suspected potential traitor or even destroying the Drives to prevent it from falling in the wrong hands seems to make sense for the organisational good kinda thing.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 07:33   Link #890
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Earth Cradle
Ah 00 movie, why did you let me down.

This movie was SEED level.

5/10
__________________
Sanger Zonvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 10:03   Link #891
deadite
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 11:04   Link #892
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
I share your sentiments.

What's the use of another such comment when they are many more in previous pages?
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 18:37   Link #893
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanger Zonvolt View Post
Ah 00 movie, why did you let me down.

This movie was SEED level.

5/10
Lemme guess, giant space flower not your cup of tea?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 19:08   Link #894
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Lemme guess, giant space flower not your cup of tea?
Since Sanger Zonvolt refers to SEED, my guess would be the beam spam.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 19:15   Link #895
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
I share your sentiments.

What's the use of another such comment when they are many more in previous pages?
Hey at least people stopped choking the life out of the threads with these sorts of comments and posts, which was really my biggest beef cause it just killed the 00 threads for so many people including myself....of course when you don't have spammers like Klac and Charred Knight around for much of a thread you shave like 100+ whiny complaining non-contributive posts out easily. Huge difference in overall thread quality....I mean I can't stress enough how there's such a huge difference between popping in once to state your impression of a movie (no matter how low-content) versus overstaying your welcome long after you've made your points and had your say so that nobody else gets a chance to have their say and have their thoughts addressed and acknowledged by the forum.

There's an actual flow of information and exchange of ideas going on here this week which already makes this a better Gundam 00 thread than like 95% of the weekly ones for the TV episodes. Those got to be unreadable towards the end of the second season.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-01-31 at 19:27.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 20:21   Link #896
deadite
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Hey at least people stopped choking the life out of the threads with these sorts of comments and posts, which was really my biggest beef cause it just killed the 00 threads for so many people including myself....of course when you don't have spammers like Klac and Charred Knight around for much of a thread you shave like 100+ whiny complaining non-contributive posts out easily. Huge difference in overall thread quality....I mean I can't stress enough how there's such a huge difference between popping in once to state your impression of a movie (no matter how low-content) versus overstaying your welcome long after you've made your points and had your say so that nobody else gets a chance to have their say and have their thoughts addressed and acknowledged by the forum.

There's an actual flow of information and exchange of ideas going on here this week which already makes this a better Gundam 00 thread than like 95% of the weekly ones for the TV episodes. Those got to be unreadable towards the end of the second season.
what's sad is the Charred Knight is also a member of the Gundam 00 Forums which Sonic frequents. I mean what's the point of joining a forum of a show you supposedly dislike and ruining it for everyone there?

Here's the link to anyone who's interested http://z11.invisionfree.com/gundam00/index.php?&act=idx
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 00:37   Link #897
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Lemme guess, giant space flower not your cup of tea?
As much as I liked the movie, that is one part I personally dislike a lot. But it looks better in the epilogue though for some reason IMO.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 02:06   Link #898
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Earth Cradle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu
Lemme guess, giant space flower not your cup of tea?
That's not something I had much of a problem with actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Since Sanger Zonvolt refers to SEED, my guess would be the beam spam.
It goes far beyond that.
__________________
Sanger Zonvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 07:05   Link #899
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The good folks at Gundamn@MAHQ have finally taken the plunge and done an episode about Trailblazer

I must admit I've been looking forward to their discussion far more than any other on the internet and while I'm still downloading to listen to it I can probably say with a near 100% degree of certainty that it's going to one of those ones where the people actually know what they are talking about, payed attention to the movie and have contributive and worthwhile topics to discuss. I'd recommend this to anybody who wants to see the movie discussed by some old school Gundam fans for Gundam fans in general.

For the record Chris was the guy whose reviews I read back in the very early 2000's when I didn't have access to Gundam yet.

P.S: Yes the review by ANN's Mike O'Toole is addressed.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 13:07   Link #900
Throne Zwei
Londo Bell Taskforce
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The good folks at Gundamn@MAHQ have finally taken the plunge and done an episode about Trailblazer

I must admit I've been looking forward to their discussion far more than any other on the internet and while I'm still downloading to listen to it I can probably say with a near 100% degree of certainty that it's going to one of those ones where the people actually know what they are talking about, payed attention to the movie and have contributive and worthwhile topics to discuss. I'd recommend this to anybody who wants to see the movie discussed by some old school Gundam fans for Gundam fans in general.

For the record Chris was the guy whose reviews I read back in the very early 2000's when I didn't have access to Gundam yet.

P.S: Yes the review by ANN's Mike O'Toole is addressed.
I've been looking forward to their review since after I finished watching the movie. And listening to them, I agree on the points they brought up. Just to verify with you Kaioshin, they definitely know what they're talking about and pretty much proved how Toole's review on the movie as "ill-informed"

To be honest I never really thought about that point where they liked how ELS weren't humanoid and gave more of a sense of alieness and gave humans the sense of threat when they were coming to Earth.

I definitely recommend their podcast episode because it gives a positive sober take and not those "ZOMG THIS MOVIE SUCKS".
__________________
Throne Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.