AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your impression of the movie - A Wakening of the Trailblazer
091 - 100: Amazing 78 24.30%
081 - 090: Great 66 20.56%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.33%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.58%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.48%
041 - 050: Below Average 16 4.98%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.87%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.25%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.12%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 21 6.54%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-12, 14:49   Link #961
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
The theme music she frequently played with the orphans in S2. I forgot the name of the song. The one that made Set hesitate against killing Ali, the one that got aired in a lot of radios, etc.
The one that made my ears bleed.
Old 2011-02-12, 14:55   Link #962
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The one that made my ears bleed.
But it's a nice song..........when the children are not singing it. Marina sounds nice singing it though.

lol, maybe that's why Set stopped attacking Ali? He could be thinking "what in hell is this monstrosity?"
Old 2011-02-12, 15:13   Link #963
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
But it's a nice song..........when the children are not singing it. Marina sounds nice singing it though.
I don't know. I actually like both version.
Old 2011-02-13, 18:59   Link #964
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I don't know. I actually like both version.
Yes, me too.
Old 2011-02-16, 20:18   Link #965
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
The theme music she frequently played with the orphans in S2. I forgot the name of the song. The one that made Set hesitate against killing Ali, the one that got aired in a lot of radios, etc.
To be really specific, the song is called "Tomorrow". A couple variations exist, with my personal favorite being the one with Marina herself singing, but I'm going off on a tangent here.

With respect to the movie itself, I've noticed some inconsistencies between the DVD and Blu-ray versions. They're minor things, like how the 00 Raiser launches, and the colours of the beams when Raphael arrives to save the 00 Raiser. I'm curious to know if anyone else has noticed this.
teh_nubkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 20:50   Link #966
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_nubkilr View Post
To be really specific, the song is called "Tomorrow". A couple variations exist, with my personal favorite being the one with Marina herself singing, but I'm going off on a tangent here.

With respect to the movie itself, I've noticed some inconsistencies between the DVD and Blu-ray versions. They're minor things, like how the 00 Raiser launches, and the colours of the beams when Raphael arrives to save the 00 Raiser. I'm curious to know if anyone else has noticed this.
Yup, I noticed it and made a mention of it sometimes. The most obvious one would when Raphael made it's debut battle, when you see it's beam save 00 for the first time, they're pink instead of orange. 00 Raiser's particle texture in the scenes are a bit different as well.
Old 2011-02-18, 04:42   Link #967
LeftHandofGod

The main hero in this movie probably was Graham without him Setsuna would not be able to get inside the mothership.The mothership can regenerate and use ELS-GN-Field it was strong enough to stop 00Qan[T] Raiser Sword

Last edited by LeftHandofGod; 2011-02-18 at 04:42. Reason: typo
LeftHandofGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 22:45   Link #968
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandofGod View Post
The main hero in this movie probably was Graham ...
Somehow it didn't feel that way though...

T_T...

Flag Fighter...
Old 2011-02-19, 07:27   Link #969
LeftHandofGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Somehow it didn't feel that way though...

T_T...

Flag Fighter...

Graham did die

But he died honorably protecting his home planet

Also... Andrei's death made me cry when they played the music

"Im a Soldier of the Federation who protects the people" Andrei's final words
Old 2011-02-19, 14:07   Link #970
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I find Andrei's death really sad.
Old 2011-02-19, 21:05   Link #971
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I was unable to sympathize.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 21:27   Link #972
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I was unable to sympathize.
I disagree, I consider it one of the emotional high points of the movie. In the series, even with the help of TAB, Andrei only let go of his grudge against Sergei, but he didn't understand him. It wasn't until the movie, when he was in a similar situation as his mother, did he finally understand what his parents were forced to do, and why they did what they did, even though it resulted in his mother dieing.

I think it was nice to see him finally understand what it means to be a soldier.
Old 2011-02-20, 00:34   Link #973
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
I disagree, I consider it one of the emotional high points of the movie. In the series, even with the help of TAB, Andrei only let go of his grudge against Sergei, but he didn't understand him. It wasn't until the movie, when he was in a similar situation as his mother, did he finally understand what his parents were forced to do, and why they did what they did, even though it resulted in his mother dieing.

I think it was nice to see him finally understand what it means to be a soldier.
I think the frustration of this moment lies in the fact it all happens in the blink of a haro's earflap...
Old 2011-02-20, 02:25   Link #974
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I think Andrei's death was nicely timed, he wasn't the most important of characters but they gave him a nice death scene. Strangely, I feel like Graham's death happened in the blink of a Haro's earflap, at least for his relatively bigger stature anyways.

I really liked it when he was liking the fact that the enemy was a "Gundam-type". You can hear the fire in his voive when he said that.
Old 2011-02-20, 02:40   Link #975
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Short as Graham's death was, I felt the actual dying wasn't where he shined: it was the kamikaze charge he took that was what we really should've paid attention to. Add in the music...
Old 2011-02-20, 05:49   Link #976
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
I think Andrei's death was nicely timed, he wasn't the most important of characters but they gave him a nice death scene. Strangely, I feel like Graham's death happened in the blink of a Haro's earflap...
I agree with that...Which is why I feel worse than I did for Andrei...Graham, even in the end, was a sidecourse, even in the end ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon
Short as Graham's death was, I felt the actual dying wasn't where he shined: it was the kamikaze charge he took that was what we really should've paid attention to
Um, I paid attention to that...And I still felt:

T_T...

Flag Fighter...

Sometimes it's hard to accept a character you feel so strongly for basically be a side-dish to everything (series included)...His entire status, even in the end, fell just short of a true plot-driving character...It just kinda saddens me...
Old 2011-02-20, 10:20   Link #977
Rag

Didn;t like the ending (I don't think it was well thought out), otherwise the animation was superb.

Last edited by Rag; 2011-02-20 at 11:25.
Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 14:17   Link #978
yurifanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post
Didn;t like the ending (I don't think it was well thought out), otherwise the animation was superb.
I thought what they showed made sense Aeolia describing his ideal future and then time-skipping to the actual future was fine but they could have wasted less screen time on all the nonessential characters like the politicians and added a quick 2 to 3 minute epilogue showing what everyone was doing either 50 years later (those who are still alive) or before the time-skip.
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 18:39   Link #979
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifanboy View Post
I thought what they showed made sense Aeolia describing his ideal future and then time-skipping to the actual future was fine but they could have wasted less screen time on all the nonessential characters like the politicians and added a quick 2 to 3 minute epilogue showing what everyone was doing either 50 years later (those who are still alive) or before the time-skip.
I think the epilogue was well done and is well needed but I think a lot of people may be a bit disillusioned with the lack of elaboration for what happened to the main characters post movie. Well, except Setsuna and Marina that is. So I think the main complaint maybe in regards to the main cast rather than the epilogue, of course the epilogue was well needed and played it's role well IMO.

Of course, I do think the ending wasn;t executed in the best way, just felt like it ended so abruptly. I don't have much problem with the lack of elaboration of the main cast like some people may have but I wish it didn't just switched to the credits so abruptly with a random giant flower to boot. I can't exactly explain it but I don't aprove of the way the scenes were executed in the last few minutes although I liked Setsuna scenes before he Transitioned, it just feels like everything after that abruptly ended and I just did not like the way they chose to execute it this way for some reason.

It's not a movie breaker of course and the awesome epilogue vastly makes up for it still, it's slightly sour IMO.
Old 2011-02-20, 19:56   Link #980
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post

My problem is, I remember how much of a cosmic sized TOOL and DOUCHE he was from season 2. I was on my knees begging for him to just fuck off and die, but he didn't.

I didn't exactly get my wish for the movie, but...I'll take it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote