AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

View Poll Results: Your impression of the movie - A Wakening of the Trailblazer
091 - 100: Amazing 78 24.30%
081 - 090: Great 66 20.56%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.33%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.58%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.48%
041 - 050: Below Average 16 4.98%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.87%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.25%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.12%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 21 6.54%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-10, 15:17   Link #1161
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 26
There's multiple trailers; the later ones showed the ELS.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 16:29   Link #1162
LaSean
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Darn, I was hoping the Japanese DVD/Blu-Ray would come with subs. The dubbed version is so bad.

Then again, I'm biased against anything dubbed, so. Still getting the Jap DVD/Blu-Ray, though.
Really? It's funny how americans hate the dubs and won't buy the US release version when ALL dubs releases comes with the japanese audio with english subtitles.

Anyway I got mines in the mail yesterday morning
LaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 16:34   Link #1163
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cold Winter Place
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
But, he's Singaporean.........>__>

Hmmm, I wonder whether my player would play either the Japanese or US versions though. Buying disks overseas have been complicated before. Unless I buy and watch it while I'm in the US (which I am studying at; not now since its summer though). But bringing it home may have complications.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 18:30   Link #1164
DangerMouse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Being an atheist means actually believing or having faith that there are no god/s and not subscribing to any particular religion. Being agnostic is taking the middle ground and saying that there might be a god/s or there might not be. I think Setsuna falls into the aethist category since he believes there no god. I think Japan is not that religious but they still appear to actually subscibe to their religions.

Oh, the Gundam 00 Movie is out in the US today I believe. Tell me how the dub sounds like guys.
The movie's new dub was very well done in my opinion.

I finally got my copy of the blu-ray at the end of the week and IMO the cast did an excellent job dubbing the movie, I was quite pleased and really enjoyed it. Keep in mind I always liked these voices for the most part in the two seasons of the TV series even if there were some rough edges like the actor chosen for Sergei sounding a little too grougher and less fatherly than I expected, given that his original Japanese voice pulled off both together incredibly well (though I still was okay with his english voice), offsetting some of the great performances but I think they all stepped up and even improved off their series performances and they nicely portrayed their characters and their emotions and it's good to see that with actual surround this time for the movie they did a real nice job with the new recording and matching all of the nice voice effects with the extra time like getting them into the surrounds or the echo and location-based effects or radio-style effects, so they didn't rush-job the dub.

So firstly if you liked anything about the series dub you should like the movie's one as everyone was as good as before or better and for those who didn't I think they even got better but it's obviously the same cast so whether they improved enough for them is probably more subjective and I guess they probably still would feel mostly the same though they might admit they did even better than before.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-07-11 at 00:27.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 18:38   Link #1165
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSean View Post
Really? It's funny how americans hate the dubs and won't buy the US release version when ALL dubs releases comes with the japanese audio with english subtitles.

Anyway I got mines in the mail yesterday morning
Really? Didn't know that, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
But, he's Singaporean.........>__>

Hmmm, I wonder whether my player would play either the Japanese or US versions though. Buying disks overseas have been complicated before. Unless I buy and watch it while I'm in the US (which I am studying at; not now since its summer though). But bringing it home may have complications.
Hmm, that could be a problem. Would take a while before it's released in my country, though.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 19:12   Link #1166
DangerMouse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSean View Post
Really? It's funny how americans hate the dubs and won't buy the US release version when ALL dubs releases comes with the japanese audio with english subtitles.

Anyway I got mines in the mail yesterday morning
I think we have a lot of people who like them too but I'm with you it's kinda funny that there are some that are so against them as as you say such releases almost ALWAYS also come with the sub version they want too so we get to enjoy both in dual-audio R1 releases. And for non-ridiculous-import-pricing or these recent stick a cheap piece of paper in the Japanese release with some English info and release it as an R1 with almost import pricing psuedo-imports.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-07-10 at 21:41.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 01:01   Link #1167
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cold Winter Place
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I'm one of those who dislike dubs most of the time (just personal preference mind you), but I guess I would buy something if they had subs. Not that such options exist here. Sometimes though, I have a tendency to enjoy the Singaporean English dubs rather than the US/Canadian ones, at least that was the case for Digimon Adventure for me. I think Gundam 00 got one as well when it aired in Singapore (I recall hearing the 0 Gundam opener scene was omitted or such), but never seen it personally.

There is a Malay dub of Gundam 00 I've seen on TV though, its kinda funny since the voices do not fit very well, but then again that is the case most of the time when it comes to Malay dubs. Still, they have their own charm I guess and it was nice to re-watch 00, but differently.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 12:34   Link #1168
wencong1356
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Anytime, Anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I'm one of those who dislike dubs most of the time (just personal preference mind you), but I guess I would buy something if they had subs. Not that such options exist here. Sometimes though, I have a tendency to enjoy the Singaporean English dubs rather than the US/Canadian ones, at least that was the case for Digimon Adventure for me. I think Gundam 00 got one as well when it aired in Singapore (I recall hearing the 0 Gundam opener scene was omitted or such), but never seen it personally.

There is a Malay dub of Gundam 00 I've seen on TV though, its kinda funny since the voices do not fit very well, but then again that is the case most of the time when it comes to Malay dubs. Still, they have their own charm I guess and it was nice to re-watch 00, but differently.
hmmm i personally don't remember watching any singaporean english dub of gundam 00. But, I did remember that when gundam 00 aired, several scenes were cut off. It's as if they cut the episodes short and didn't let it finish..
wencong1356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 20:37   Link #1169
DV04
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CA
Just finished watching the English dub of the movie and it was good. I watched all episodes of season 1 and 2 dubbed and I thought the cast choices fit the characters well. It is definitely one of the better anime series that has a good dub cast.

Forgot to add:
In the English dub, it is stated that 40% of humanity has involved into Innovators. This helps clear up the confusion since it was said to be 50%, then to 25% when sub groups subbed it.

Last edited by DV04; 2011-07-11 at 22:09.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 22:32   Link #1170
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cold Winter Place
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
^The packgage has Japanese audio with subtitles right? Can you check what the subs says? Just curious.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 02:04   Link #1171
DV04
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
^The packgage has Japanese audio with subtitles right? Can you check what the subs says? Just curious.
Yeah, it does. I just checked and it says 40% as well.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 06:56   Link #1172
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
The movie itself was action packed, but it felt rushed...

Like 00 Raiser Condenser Type gets pwned pretty early, and then out of the blue we see the 00 Qan[T] that only is in 1 quick, final fight.
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 13:32   Link #1173
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
The movie itself was action packed, but it felt rushed...

Like 00 Raiser Condenser Type gets pwned pretty early, and then out of the blue we see the 00 Qan[T] that only is in 1 quick, final fight.
Out of the blue? The 00 Qanta was basically in the entire movie. Just didn't fight for the last 10 minutes.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 20:44   Link #1174
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
At least he wasn't beaten in battle, and was beaten due to circumstances out of his control. Oh, I was so angry when Setsuna hessisated to kill him. Oooooooo
I thought Ali went out like a chump. The guy was so awesome in the first season, and he was never really able to recover his coolness because his mecha couldn't really compete with Celestial Being's mechas.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 06:46   Link #1175
kiak666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I thought Ali went out like a chump. The guy was so awesome in the first season, and he was never really able to recover his coolness because his mecha couldn't really compete with Celestial Being's mechas.
I'll have to disagree on this one. While Ali only battled three times in the second season, his battle against 00 and Seravee was basically him dominating the entire fight before Cherudim and Arios show up. Even during his last fight, it was him who was gaining the upper hand against Cherudim before the Trans-Am Burst scene. The only fight that makes him look bad was against 00 Raiser, which he couldn't even gain an upper hand against even when Setsuna was shot in the arm.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 18:14   Link #1176
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
I'll have to disagree on this one. While Ali only battled three times in the second season, his battle against 00 and Seravee was basically him dominating the entire fight before Cherudim and Arios show up. Even during his last fight, it was him who was gaining the upper hand against Cherudim before the Trans-Am Burst scene. The only fight that makes him look bad was against 00 Raiser, which he couldn't even gain an upper hand against even when Setsuna was shot in the arm.
yeah, but season two didnt really do him any justice. He just felt like a glorified grunt that was tossed in here and there for some fanservice, it would've been alot better if they developed him a tad bit more, and hell, even gave him some screentime!

But then again they did the same thing to h/allelujah in season 2 :'<
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 23:45   Link #1177
kiak666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
yeah, but season two didnt really do him any justice. He just felt like a glorified grunt that was tossed in here and there for some fanservice, it would've been alot better if they developed him a tad bit more, and hell, even gave him some screentime!

But then again they did the same thing to h/allelujah in season 2 :'<
Yeah, I can agree that more screentime for Ali would be nice. Well, at least Allelujah shines a lot in this movie.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 02:47   Link #1178
xellos2099
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
The movie... while the fight is good, is so depressing at the end.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 02:06   Link #1179
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
The movie... while the fight is good, is so depressing at the end.
Why would you say that?
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 21:46   Link #1180
artquest7@
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I finally saw the 00 movie and.... am I the only one who felt like this movie was one big long string of Dues ex machina?

I have to say I'm pretty dissapointed overall with the way 00 has turned out since season 2. I loved season one! There was so much going on and you never knew who was going to survive or what was going to happen next. This all felt very predictable after the first few scenes.

It seems like there was maybe too much for it all to fit into one movie. I felt like all the characters were pretty flat and I never really worried about any of the main cast since they seem to all have some protective bubble around them even more than the Gundam pilots in Gundam Wing.

I'm really hoping for age or origin to make up for this one. /end rant
artquest7@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.