AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-10, 22:08   Link #61
Shimapan
Try me! <3
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 31
The good premise didn't disappoint, I found it very funny with many likeable characters who all have the individual traits
What I didn't like was - why does that photographer girl have to wear awful trousers?

The censorship was seriously unfunny though and completely overdone
I've heard though that the At-X airing one week later should be uncensored, so there's still hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for nsfw:
Playing clarinet never was this sexy
__________________
Shimapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 00:03   Link #62
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I am watching this regardless what Guardian Enzo's or whoever's opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
What I didn't like was - why does that photographer girl have to wear awful trousers?
I guess normally one would expect this "class" of girls to wear short skirts, but she definitely looks great with the pants.

But why is she allowed to wear something differently other than the school uniform on school grounds, I wonder.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 00:13   Link #63
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Truly the title of this anime stands for R-15 with the images Iam seeing. Will take a looky.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 09:27   Link #64
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
i hope at-x version is uncensored theres nothing worse than white light out of nowhere
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 13:56   Link #65
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
i hope at-x version is uncensored theres nothing worse than white light out of nowhere
Dunno, lately even at-x start the censoring mode (if i were a customer of this paytv i cancel the contract immediately), watching a show where fanservice is part of the main plot but they censor the fanservice make zero sense, broadcast it online via streaming like Qwaser was so difficult? Idiots producers. Same for Manuyy Hikenchou, completely wasted.
__________________
Current anime list
All anime i'm able to watch!

Current manga list
Claymore | Yumekui Merry | Uwa Koi | Toyko Ghoul | Akame ga Kill | Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio | Gokukoku no Brynhildr | Monster Musume | Freezing
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 16:29   Link #66
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Though I haven't watched Mitsudomoe, I largely agree with Enzo (especially the bit about Lucy ).

But: while usually one should go with "show, don't tell", I can't help but feel that, where the main character's "genius" writing's concerned, I could have used more telling, and a lot less showing. As in, no showing at all. I suppose one could consider it funny, but it just breaks my suspension of disbelief.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 16:32   Link #67
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Though I haven't watched Mitsudomoe, I largely agree with Enzo (especially the bit about Lucy ).

But: while usually one should go with "show, don't tell", I can't help but feel that, where the main character's "genius" writing's concerned, I could have used more telling, and a lot less showing. As in, no showing at all. I suppose one could consider it funny, but it just breaks my suspension of disbelief.
Well, I think the idea is that Taketo enters into some kind of quasi-orgasmic fugue state where he sees this stuff playing out in his head and his hand is writing it down, unconsciously. The notion is that we're seeing what he sees, and then, as if by magic, the florid prose is written down on paper (or a tree stump). Thus, the showing. That's my read, anyway.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 16:47   Link #68
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
My problem isn't with showing the act of writing. It's with the writing itself. I just can't take it as "genius porn writing". I'd have been fine with showing what he imagines, showing him writing, but replacing the words with some kind of elevator music and blurring the characters.

edit: wow. Of all the disparaging comments I make, this is what gets me neg-repped?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 17:20   Link #69
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
am I picking up something that isn't there? Cause I don't think many here mentioned it.

This episode, whenever he spazs out and starts writing uncontrollably, its not ero-writing.

When he was writing on the rock, it was the start of a proper newspaper article on the clarinet player, which is why the photographer got mad that it wasn't something of his genius/rep should be writing.

Then at the end, he's writing a regular generic magical girl light-novel story.

Might be other instances, but I think the only time it showed him writing ero-story was in the beginning when he was day-dreaming.
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 17:29   Link #70
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I think at the near end of the episode when he saw the sleeping clarinet girl. The inspiration there is true to his soul and his not just a ero genius writer but more like a real genius writer if he can write a light novel type of magical girl genre about that girl.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 17:32   Link #71
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
My problem isn't with showing the act of writing. It's with the writing itself. I just can't take it as "genius porn writing". I'd have been fine with showing what he imagines, showing him writing, but replacing the words with some kind of elevator music and blurring the characters.

edit: wow. Of all the disparaging comments I make, this is what gets me neg-repped?
What??? That's just wrong.

I do think you have a valid point. I just think part of the gag is that his "genius writing" is actually adolescent pap, so I think they feel they have to be a little more specific.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 17:48   Link #72
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Though I haven't watched Mitsudomoe, I largely agree with Enzo (especially the bit about Lucy ).

But: while usually one should go with "show, don't tell", I can't help but feel that, where the main character's "genius" writing's concerned, I could have used more telling, and a lot less showing. As in, no showing at all. I suppose one could consider it funny, but it just breaks my suspension of disbelief.
Interesting, but how do you propose to do that in anime? I can fap just well to a wall of Japanese texts with no sfx whatsoever in 2ch's eroparo thread (they have truckloads of very good and even "genius" scripts), but doing that in an anime would be ridiculous.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 00:19   Link #73
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Interesting, but how do you propose to do that in anime? I can fap just well to a wall of Japanese texts with no sfx whatsoever in 2ch's eroparo thread (they have truckloads of very good and even "genius" scripts), but doing that in an anime would be ridiculous.
Anime's the easiest to do that it. I explained how in my next post.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 02:53   Link #74
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuNGaricum View Post
yep it was bad... seems kinda screwed up for me... a pr0n novel writer, who fantasizes with censorship lines... if they want to make us happier then rate it for 18+ and then just DO IT!
It's the worst first episode I've seen since Prism Ark. There's one more anime I would call just as bad as Prism Arc and this.. but I can't remember it.. and it's probably best it stays that way.

Quote:
and dont tell me that this bastard will pick the little pinky *****.the photographer girl, the bondage beast and the idol... these three are my choices...
Didn't you see the OP? Of course he will, though it might not make it "official" during this series since it's based on an ongoing light novel series, but it should be obvious.. I highly doubt we'll get an Ichigo 100% situation.... lol @ that OP.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 04:51   Link #75
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Anime's the easiest to do that it. I explained how in my next post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
My problem isn't with showing the act of writing. It's with the writing itself. I just can't take it as "genius porn writing". I'd have been fine with showing what he imagines, showing him writing, but replacing the words with some kind of elevator music and blurring the characters.
Is the bolded part what you meant by it?

Maybe I get it wrong, but I don't think there's much difference to what we already have since that's yet another form of "showing", imo. Perhaps it's more your preference to how the "show" is presented.

Tbh though, this anime really leaves much to be desired. I still don't have compelling enough reason to follow this closely. I might still watch it, but I'm not holding my breath. Though to give it some credit we're still only at ep.1
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 17:07   Link #76
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Is the bolded part what you meant by it?

Maybe I get it wrong, but I don't think there's much difference to what we already have since that's yet another form of "showing", imo. Perhaps it's more your preference to how the "show" is presented.
Leaving his actual written words to the imagination makes a huge difference on whether one can accept him as a genius writer or not. Or do you think the drivel we've been shown could actually pass as "genius porn writing" rather than the result of some unfortunate drunken word game?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 17:38   Link #77
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
I truly believe "genius porn writer" is meant to be ironic. It's supposed to be drivel - that's the joke.

That said, even if you accept that premise, it's still vital that his actual words be used. If you don't hear the drivel, the drivel isn't funny. Therefore leaving them to the imagination doesn't work either way.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 18:22   Link #78
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
The Newspaper Chief, doesn't have a name, WTF is up with that?

She is the top 3 character in this show!!!!!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 23:18   Link #79
Shimapan
Try me! <3
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
The Newspaper Chief, doesn't have a name, WTF is up with that?

She is the top 3 character in this show!!!!!!
True... she's only called "Buchou" (Chief) on the official page
That doesn't stop me from caliming her though
Perhaps we'll get to know her name later.
In Angel Beats, we didn't get to know Tenshi's name for a good while either.
__________________
Shimapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 00:12   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I truly believe "genius porn writer" is meant to be ironic. It's supposed to be drivel - that's the joke.

That said, even if you accept that premise, it's still vital that his actual words be used. If you don't hear the drivel, the drivel isn't funny. Therefore leaving them to the imagination doesn't work either way.
Maybe... but that kinda breaks the "school for geniuses" premise for me. And without it, everything becomes a lot less funny.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, ecchi, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.