AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-09, 06:45   Link #241
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Kent's ruining Sawako's relationship !! Damn you you're turning into an Ume.

Rages aside this is by far the best episode of the season, if not the whole series. Kent makes his move and some weird love triangle is formed. When Sawako cries like that, its hard not to want to hug her. Its time Kazehaya makes his move and obliterate the Kent threat. Or everyone just follows Yano. Life would be easier if everyone just followed Yano.
__________________
Traveler on Revenge / Ahelo Sigs / Saimoe Report! Signature by ganbaru
ahelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 11:08   Link #242
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
That Meddling Kid.

Okay so now I probably should lay off the more derogatory comments I have for Kento. Yes indeed this is his prerogative if this is what he wants to do to make Sawako fall for him, and because I operate under the general impression that he knows at least some of the goings on between the two leads, his intentions are again cast into doubt with the way she’s been trying to get closer to Sawako. However his previous conversation with Shota does suggest that he’s been testing the waters regarding the two of them, and due to Shota’s evasiveness, it would seem Kento is convinced Shota doesn’t see her “that way”, which opens the gates for him to go and make his move. In that sense Shota shares a lot of the blame in this developing triangle, that if he made his real feelings clear at least to the other guy, he’d at least know what you intend to do.

As it stands Kento thinks Shota has no intentions to date Sawako, which he sees as a go signal for him to make his move. Of course now that Shota has been put on the hot seat with Pin and Ryu’s words, he has to act lest he lose Sawako to him.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 11:12   Link #243
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Kent's ruining Sawako's relationship !! Damn you you're turning into an Ume.
I might be the only person to think so, but the introduction of Kent did the one thing I never expected after the first season: it made me waver a bit on the Kazehaya/Sawako pairing. Can't wait to see how this supposed love-triangle plays out.

Also, turning into a Kurumi wouldn't be so bad, because Kurumi is awesome.
__________________
puretsundere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 11:30   Link #244
LC
Shocking Pink
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
I might be the only person to think so, but the introduction of Kent did the one thing I never expected after the first season: it made me waver a bit on the Kazehaya/Sawako pairing. Can't wait to see how this supposed love-triangle plays out.

Also, turning into a Kurumi wouldn't be so bad, because Kurumi is awesome.
You're not the only one. I was KazeSawa 100% up until this point. Personally, I like Kent more than Kazehaya, but Kazehaya's probably more suited for Sawako when I think about it.

Kent's probably going to be the subject of much rage after this episode, but he's really not as mischievous as Kurumi. Besides, without him, Sawako and Kazehaya would've probably just continued to drift apart until one of them moved on.
__________________
LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 11:32   Link #245
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
This is slowly turning into Kimi ni NTR

Jokes aside, I'm pretty sure Kento doesn't even suspect the girl Kazehaya is in love with is Sawako, therefore I can't condemn him for tying to make a move on her. It's fair game. There is one thing that irks me about him, however: it seems like he's just taking pity on Sawako. I seriously doubt he's got any romantic feelings for her.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 11:37   Link #246
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
it seems like he's just taking pity on Sawako. I seriously doubt he's got any romantic feelings for her.
I don't think it's just pity. Kent is probably just generally interested in helping her out.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 13:55   Link #247
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This is slowly turning into Kimi ni NTR [IMG] it seems like he's just taking pity on Sawako. I seriously doubt he's got any romantic feelings for her.
If you tease a girl like that and make her cry it's most likely want to make it up to her, and he did had a lot of interest in her ever since that valentine incident. Seeing her smile when teaching the class also added more interest. So it's not because of pity but the interest of Sawako but it's no love at this point.
__________________
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 15:37   Link #248
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't think it's just pity. Kent is probably just generally interested in helping her out.
He's just white knighting; something that was completely needless in this situation. In fact, he's only making matters worse for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
If you tease a girl like that and make her cry it's most likely want to make it up to her, and he did had a lot of interest in her ever since that valentine incident. Seeing her smile when teaching the class also added more interest. So it's not because of pity but the interest of Sawako but it's no love at this point.
That's the thing. Would he have told Sawako he wanted to go out with her if she hadn't cried? He didn't even say he wanted to go out with her, only that he wouldn't mind. It really sounded like he said that out of pity to me. To him, Sawako is a poor ugly duckling in love with a prince. He's never ever considered Kazehaya could love "someone like her". This fact alone speaks tons about what he truly thinks of Sawako.

And yes, I'm sure he likes her... the same way you like a cute little puppy. I suppose I can't blame him for that, as Sawako does act like a helpless little animal most of the time, rarely (never?) able to stand up for herself. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean it's okay to assume she can't do anything on her own and that her feelings for Kazehaya are one-sided. What I like about Ayane and Chizu is that unlike Kento, they're treating Sawako as a friend, an equal; even if they are sometimes appalled by her lack of social intelligence.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 16:26   Link #249
Seta19
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Behind you
how random was this XD

Seta19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 16:26   Link #250
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamoto, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He's just white knighting....


I wouldn't have thought of putting it like this! But I think it is appropo in many ways.
__________________
Flower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 20:52   Link #251
Avvesione
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
No one's talked about pretty Chizuru, yet?

Spoiler:

I'm happy to finally get some more screentime for Chizuru and Ryu together, although they never really progressed with their relationship and spent their time talking about Kazehaya instead. Ah, nuts. Well, I hope there's more near the end of this season.

Also, how am I supposed to feel about Kent?
__________________
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 22:53   Link #252
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
No one's talked about pretty Chizuru, yet?

Spoiler:

I'm happy to finally get some more screentime for Chizuru and Ryu together, although they never really progressed with their relationship and spent their time talking about Kazehaya instead. Ah, nuts. Well, I hope there's more near the end of this season.

Also, how am I supposed to feel about Kent?
Was I the only one who got faked out for a second there into thinking there was some kissing going on between Chizuru and Ryu?

Kent is infuriating, but in a different way from Ume. Ume at least actually understood the person she liked and the situation- although she didn't get Sawako, but that's because Sawako was just too innocent for Ume to understand her.

Kent doesn't have a clue. And his clueless "helping" is even worse then Ume's deliberate sabotage attempts.
__________________

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 23:14   Link #253
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
No one's talked about pretty Chizuru, yet?

Spoiler:

I'm happy to finally get some more screentime for Chizuru and Ryu together, although they never really progressed with their relationship and spent their time talking about Kazehaya instead. Ah, nuts. Well, I hope there's more near the end of this season.

Also, how am I supposed to feel about Kent?
I actually a bit surprised how stunningly beautiful Chizuru looked for the wedding. Ayane really did a great job emphasizing Chizuru's beauty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Was I the only one who got faked out for a second there into thinking there was some kissing going on between Chizuru and Ryu?
No, I got fooled there, too. I should have known better to be fooled so easily by a mere camera trick. Though a kiss between Chizuru and Ryu would have made for an epic development and would have made the episode even more awesome than it already was.
__________________

Last edited by puretsundere; 2011-02-10 at 02:28.
puretsundere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 01:53   Link #254
Seta19
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Behind you
lol we all thought they kissed.
Seta19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 02:31   Link #255
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
No one's talked about pretty Chizuru, yet?

Spoiler:
Yeah, Ayane really can perform miracles. She actually made Chizuru look pretty there.
Quote:
Also, how am I supposed to feel about Kent?
Dunno. Annoyed? He means well, but what an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seta19 View Post
lol we all thought they kissed.
Chizuru did remind us why she wanted to talk to Ryu. (He himself wasn't fooled - she had a favor to ask of him.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
As it stands Kento thinks Shota has no intentions to date Sawako, which he sees as a go signal for him to make his move. Of course now that Shota has been put on the hot seat with Pin and Ryu’s words, he has to act lest he lose Sawako to him.
It's more than that. He thinks Shota is - unintentionally - stringing Sawako along. That he's making her fall for him with his kindness and making her think she has a shot by staying close to her, when in fact he has no intention of dating her and she's just a charity project. If that were true, he'd be right to try and separate them.

I can't even entirely blame him for not realizing Shota likes Sawako - he's not the only one, and it's not like they're close. I mean, the ones who know are Ryu, who's Kazehaya's best friend, Pin (another childhood friend, after a fashion), Ume (his stalker), Ayane (OK... no reason for her to know except that she's the resident love expert) and Chizuru (who had to be told by Ayane, despite knowing Kazehaya for years). As far as we know, none of Kazehaya's many other friends know.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2011-02-10 at 02:52.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 05:01   Link #256
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
If anyone should be blamed it'd have to be Shota. Sawako has mitigating circumstances due to her relative inability to understand social cues, but Shota should know just how vague and indecisive his actions are, which in the end send mixed signals not just to Sawako but everyone else who's paying attention. It took the two girls and Ryu quite a while to really realize what he really feels, Sawako is just plain confused, and Kento is almost stupidly ignorant.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 05:13   Link #257
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seta19 View Post
lol we all thought they kissed.
Maybe in the manga, though not here. Was far too obvious it wasn't a kiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
and Kento is almost stupidly ignorant.
He's a few things, though i wouldn't say ignorant is one of them. It's not like he's ignoring Sawako's feelings for Kazehaya, though instead trying to help her with the situation.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 12:21   Link #258
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
If anyone should be blamed it'd have to be Shota. Sawako has mitigating circumstances due to her relative inability to understand social cues, but Shota should know just how vague and indecisive his actions are, which in the end send mixed signals not just to Sawako but everyone else who's paying attention. It took the two girls and Ryu quite a while to really realize what he really feels, Sawako is just plain confused, and Kento is almost stupidly ignorant.
To be fair, Kazehaya is almost as insecure when it comes to love as Sawako. Sure he has been confessed to by many girls already but don't forget that he most probably never had a love interest before which also means he himself has never successfully confessed to someone else - the point is that despite his better social skills he has no more clue about love either, they're both pretty much clueless.

Right now both have comfirmed their own feelings for the other, however the painful irony is that both also consider the other to not hold the same feelings - Sawako now thinks Shota has someone else he likes while he believes he could annoy her.

If one wants to blame someone for this situation it can only be both equally. Namely their communication. First of all they don't communicate enough and secondly when they do they don't cleary talk to each other.

Then again I don't really want to blame either. This situation of the typical obstacles of teenage romance seem really natural to me which makes the characters authentic, which I think is more important.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 21:51   Link #259
demonkevy666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: the bowls of hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seta19 View Post
how random was this XD

LOL Pin such a dick sometimes.

but he's more likable then Kent to me LOL
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 07:09   Link #260
Seta19
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Behind you
lmfao that face he made... xDDDD
Seta19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coming of age, romance, school life, shoujo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.