AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-17, 10:26   Link #301
jerkette
Sore Ga, Ai Deshou! <3
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: in my head...
Go, SHIROTH! just saying.

I still don't get others who forget Sawako's past (you know, way before S1), thus, misunderstanding her actions now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
In her defense, the three idiots didn't get it either. (The friggin' bastards. I'm not saying they should die in a fire, but still.)
Right now, I'm totally putting all the blame to those three idiots!
__________________

"Not everything is as it seems."
jerkette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 11:15   Link #302
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
For some reason I couldn't let it go so I rewatched the episode and thought to myself that there seemed to be a part that I thought was left out. Went back to the source and true enough a small part of interior monologue of Sawako didn't make the cut, but then I realized this made the entire difference for me in the entire part of the arc, and why I felt really annoyed at this episode and not at the manga chapter.

Eh well whatever nothing to do about it now. In the end I can't blame Sawako too much for her actions and decisions because I lived an exact same phase and self-image system in my life in the past, and now in retrospect as Chizu says it puts into perspective how this sort of reality is a reflection of yourself, and that they happen because you believe them to happen.

In any case for those who thought of dropping this because of this episode, I too actually almost dropped the manga at this point and that's the truth (sorry Shiroth ). And then, one of my favorite scenes in the entire damn thing would pop up just a little time later. The best I can say is that, given the adaptation rate, I think that after 2-3 more episodes if it doesn't change your mind then nothing else the show can present will, and no one will blame you for dropping it.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2011-02-17 at 12:03.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 15:08   Link #303
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The three stooges weren't there when he used the word "Koi" , so they have an excuse. Furthermore, they don't know jack about Sawako and Kazehaya's relationship. As complete outsiders it's easy for them to misunderstand, although their logic ("it's impossible Kazehaya would fall for someone like her, lolilol") was quite douchey.
Yeah. And alas, Sawako pretty much had the same reasoning. And ignored any evidence to the contrary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Dear God, I hate to make my recent posts so negative (I'm not trolling, trust me), but this makes me want to drop this series.

Sawako needs to just freaking say she loves him. TWO WORDS ("suki desu") would more-or-less fix everything,
Not really. Considering the mixed signals she's been sending, he could easily take it as a different kind of "like".

Quote:
but she just sits there and stays quiet. Kazehaya's much to blame too. He doesn't understand Sawako's tears, the bastard.

It makes me rage A LOT. Sawako and Kazehaya both throwing themselves separate pity-parties is just pathetic.

Kent > Kazehaya at this point for me, if only because he's not only a nice guy, but also seems to care for Sawako's feelings, to boot. On the surface, he's really laid back, but I get the impression he really does care. Kazehaya, on the other hand, is so preoccupied with himself currently that he's blind to what Sawako's feeling. Grrrrr. I can't believe Kazehaya actually thinks that Sawako would cry if she WASN'T in love with him. What a moron.
Wrong. They both care about Sawako's feelings, and they both misread her. Kent thought she was a lot more shallow than she was. He's a very shallow person himself, and thinks everyone's the same.

As for Kazehaya - the reason he's been so patient is precisely because he tried to be considerate of her feelings. He didn't want to push when she wasn't ready.


And to those who judge Kazehaya harshly for not understanding her - remember that while we've been privy to her conversations with her closest friends and some of her thoughts, he hasn't. They're really not that close, when it comes down to it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 15:44   Link #304
Ahiru77
あひる
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Not that close ??!!!!

Entire freakin season 1......Not THAT clo---....oh never mind. >_>
Ahiru77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 15:54   Link #305
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yes, they've had their moments. Which she's treated like a big deal, every time. Did they go home together regularly, or at all? How many get-togethers have there been, outside of school? Did they eat lunch together? Played games together?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 19:17   Link #306
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
WTF...

Have we been watching the same anime????

Right lets start... First this episode takes away any doubt of why Sawako acts the way she does... It specifies and highlights why she acts the way she does. Through her constant "bullied" life style she acts in a self deprecating manner because that is the only way she knows how to act.

If Chi can understand that I hope that "we" with our extra dialogue can.

Shouta is not impatient, he is fricking bricking himself. He doesn't want to hear the bad news. He isn't walking away fast coz he doesn't have the time for her, he basically is in a situation that is new for him and one that is so important to him that he can't act the way he normally does. aka body running away!!!

As he keeps saying to Sawako he isn't what everyone thinks of him, he doesn't expect Sawako to be madly in love with him, he like her is expecting failure. From what I believe this is first love, something he doesn't really understand or can control.

Jeeeeezzz try to show a little empathy please!!!!!
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 20:56   Link #307
demonkevy666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: the bowls of hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah. And alas, Sawako pretty much had the same reasoning. And ignored any evidence to the contrary.


Not really. Considering the mixed signals she's been sending, he could easily take it as a different kind of "like".


Wrong. They both care about Sawako's feelings, and they both misread her. Kent thought she was a lot more shallow than she was. He's a very shallow person himself, and thinks everyone's the same.

As for Kazehaya - the reason he's been so patient is precisely because he tried to be considerate of her feelings. He didn't want to push when she wasn't ready.


And to those who judge Kazehaya harshly for not understanding her - remember that while we've been privy to her conversations with her closest friends and some of her thoughts, he hasn't. They're really not that close, when it comes down to it.
Kent and kurmimi, shallow as puddles.....
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 05:01   Link #308
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
It Should Have Been Obvious

Yano and Yoshida’s words ring in Sawako’s ear as she tries to finally get a grip on herself and her belief system. Yano and Yoshida said it best: years of social neglect has drilled the inferiority complex into Sawako’s mind, and now most of what we see is the direct result of Sawako projecting her own insecurities into reality. She cannot, to some extent, make the distinction between reality before her and the subjugating world in her mind. It is not a fantasy but her own experience, and by her own experience she projects what she experiences now as a mere extension of how her life used to be, despite that fact that her life has taken a 180 degree turn. For all intents and purposes she finds it difficult to process the real world in a different manner. Everything she sees is the world avoiding her or merely “putting up with her”, a belief system that would naturally piss off her two closest friends. They were then forced to spell it out for her: it’s all in her mind.

Such is the life of the socially outcast, and I can’t really blame her for it. Still, she should have started to break away at her previous beliefs, and it was really only now it seems that the wrong things about the way she looks at herself and the world has started to come to her attention.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 18:39   Link #309
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It Should Have Been Obvious

Yano and Yoshida’s words ring in Sawako’s ear as she tries to finally get a grip on herself and her belief system. Yano and Yoshida said it best: years of social neglect has drilled the inferiority complex into Sawako’s mind, and now most of what we see is the direct result of Sawako projecting her own insecurities into reality. She cannot, to some extent, make the distinction between reality before her and the subjugating world in her mind. It is not a fantasy but her own experience, and by her own experience she projects what she experiences now as a mere extension of how her life used to be, despite that fact that her life has taken a 180 degree turn. For all intents and purposes she finds it difficult to process the real world in a different manner. Everything she sees is the world avoiding her or merely “putting up with her”, a belief system that would naturally piss off her two closest friends. They were then forced to spell it out for her: it’s all in her mind.

Such is the life of the socially outcast, and I can’t really blame her for it. Still, she should have started to break away at her previous beliefs, and it was really only now it seems that the wrong things about the way she looks at herself and the world has started to come to her attention.
Nice post. That blog post more or less outlined everything that happened perfectly.

Because I was interested, I went ahead and read the applicable manga chapters, something I hadn't been doing. I think the manga does a lot better job at revealing what's really going on in Sawako's head. It makes it all seem to actually make sense in context to Sawako's bizarre way of thinking, rather than a fall-back on the "it was all a big misunderstanding" melodrama.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 03:41   Link #310
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Because I was interested, I went ahead and read the applicable manga chapters, something I hadn't been doing. I think the manga does a lot better job at revealing what's really going on in Sawako's head. It makes it all seem to actually make sense in context to Sawako's bizarre way of thinking, rather than a fall-back on the "it was all a big misunderstanding" melodrama.
Maybe it is personal interpretation, but I can't see where the anime is doing a it was all a big misunderstanding melodrama.

It is harder for an anime to do thought bubbles as internal dialogue gets in the way of external.

Yes there is misunderstanding involved, but personally I think that is from the point of some viewerw. If we try to look from the eyes of all them including Kento and Ume, it all makes sense.

We all should know why Sawako acts the way she does.

Shouta should be easy too, well unless you are a Kento, and no that isn't an insult as I bet a lot of people would wish they could chat up a bird as easily and carefree as he does it.

Kento being shocked by Sawako's reaction. He either didn't realise how much Sawako feels for Shouta or more likely hasn't really had to chance to experience it himself. Maybe for him a relationship is more like a game? Makes it easy to make the move with that stance....

The list goes on, but to say that the anime comes off as delivering this season or arc as a "it was all a big misunderstanding" melodrama is the misunderstanding imho
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 03:45   Link #311
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
It's not a misunderstanding inasmuch as it is about two people who can't be forthright and honest with themselves and each other. This wouldn't happen if they were.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 13:14   Link #312
broken270
Defying gravity
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 03:26   Link #313
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It's not a misunderstanding inasmuch as it is about two people who can't be forthright and honest with themselves and each other. This wouldn't happen if they were.
But honest from who's point of view? We as the viewer are privy to a lot more info then any of the characters.

More importantly lingo makes a huge difference, as broken270 pointed out, the 3 blind mice (+ Sawako's lack of self belief) changed the context of Shouta's confession.

Really the word love has so many meanings, maybe they should make it like the urban legend of Eskimo words for snow
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 02:02   Link #314
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Spoiler for Episode 7:
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 02:07   Link #315
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for Ep. 7:
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 02:46   Link #316
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 22
Spoiler for Episode 7:
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 04:16   Link #317
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Spoiler for Episode 7:
__________________
puretsundere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 05:39   Link #318
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Spoiler for episode 7:
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 06:08   Link #319
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Poor Joe. It's a shame he doesn't know his character is only used to break up conversations.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 06:27   Link #320
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Episode 6 (I notice I am late)

Animes very well done so far. Alot of thought put into the story and progress. Goes the show not everything turns out how everyone wants. Its a good direction.

I actually thought Sawako rejected Kazehaya, but then later on Sawako saids he rejected her O_o. Its something I plan to go back and look apon. I gave Kazehaya the two thumbs up when he told Sawako he liked her, I knew it would come eventually. <-- still confuzzled who rejected who if Sawako said it wasn't her O_O

I actually also thought it was all over for Sawako, it was a "not ment to be" moment, however its only 6 episodes in (still 6 or 7 left) and after Chizus truthful speech (I couldnt of said it better really O_O), I feel theres still a little hope for her ^_^

Ima still cheer her on, a round 2!
Velsy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coming of age, romance, school life, shoujo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.