AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-13, 13:21   Link #101
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
So - here we go for season 2 of the anime

Episode 2 is nothing less than disappointing. They are trying to fit in 7 volumes of content into 16 episodes, used the first on reintroduction, and wasted the second on something that is neither developing the plot nor funny at all. And the third seems to be Saori's story which most expected to be cut out as well.

What are they trying to do?
I honestly have no idea but here's my speculation
Volume 9 will be cut off completely, leaving six volumes to be adapted.
Volume 6 will, I hope, be completed in the next episode.
Volume 7 will be adapted into 2 episodes, and volume 8 will be adapted into 2-3 episodes. Volume 9 will be done as voice dramas. Volume 10 will be 2-3 episodes, volume 11 will be 2-3 episodes, volume 12 will be 3-4 episodes. I think.
I am somewhat impressed by the storyboard committee to be honest tho. They're actually giving a majority of the other characters spotlight in certain episodes, and Saori makes the last one so the plot/character progression will come soon after the third episode. This doesn't stop me from being worried about the ending tho.
__________________

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-04-13 at 13:43.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 13:49   Link #102
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
What are they trying to do?
I think they are trying to make sure that fans of all the characters have a chance to see their favourite heroine in the spotlight before the drama kicks into full-gear to take us to the end of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
They are trying to fit in 7 volumes of content into 16 episodes, used the first on reintroduction, and wasted the second on something that is neither developing the plot nor funny at all.
I think that's a bit harsh. I think a lot of people will enjoy the Ayase episode since she's a really popular character that hasn't really had a chance to shine in a while (if you put the two seasons together). I don't know that non-novel-readers are going to fret so much about "oh no, there's so much content left and no time!". They'll find a way to get through everything, even if it means simplifying a few things (as they did in the first season).
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 13:54   Link #103
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Haven't waited ep2 yet.
Wishful thinking:
Ayase gets her episode now since she plays a somewhat more important role later on in the story and her appearance have been rather limited in s1 and its hard to pay much attention to her this early on in the novels.


A dangerous guess on their plans, episode # in brackets:
Saori's story is located towards end of vol 6 iirc? (using illustrations to reignite my memory here). That will take an episode. (3)

Kirino and Kyousuke's date should take another episode. (4)

(might be a comiket episode here)
Fake bf story (5), Kuroneko confesses, vol 8 starts.

Kuroneko ep1, date/deal with others, Kuroneko short story from vol9 (6)
Kuroneko ep2, date/deal with others, breaks up at end (7)
Kuroneko ep3, recovery+finding kuroneko (8) (end of vol8)

Wedding dress story from vol9 (9)

Ep10+11 will cover vol10, Kyousuke living alone+Ayase in waifu mode (<3)+parts of vol11.

Ep 12: vol 11 episode. Instead of done via "bed time talk", just plain story of the sibling's past.

Ep13: Anime original end.

//End of boardcast

Ep 14 bridge to connect anime with vol 12 - various heroines preparing for the final showdown.
Ep 15, 16 Reserved for true end in vol 12.

//

A majority of Sena and Rai gets cut. I really hope they keep the "who has the cuter imouto" story though.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 14:07   Link #104
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Haven't waited ep2 yet.
Wishful thinking:
Ayase gets her episode now since she plays a somewhat more important role later on in the story and her appearance have been rather limited in s1 and its hard to pay much attention to her this early on in the novels.


A dangerous guess on their plans, episode # in brackets:
Saori's story is located towards end of vol 6 iirc? (using illustrations to reignite my memory here). That will take an episode. (3)

Kirino and Kyousuke's date should take another episode. (4)

(might be a comiket episode here)
Fake bf story (5), Kuroneko confesses, vol 8 starts.

Kuroneko ep1, date/deal with others, Kuroneko short story from vol9 (6)
Kuroneko ep2, date/deal with others, breaks up at end (7)
Kuroneko ep3, recovery+finding kuroneko (8) (end of vol8)

Wedding dress story from vol9 (9)

Ep10+11 will cover vol10, Kyousuke living alone+Ayase in waifu mode (<3)+parts of vol11.

Ep 12: vol 11 episode. Instead of done via "bed time talk", just plain story of the sibling's past.

Ep13: Anime original end.

//End of boardcast

Ep 14 bridge to connect anime with vol 12 - various heroines preparing for the final showdown.
Ep 15, 16 Reserved for true end in vol 12.

//

A majority of Sena and Rai gets cut. I really hope they keep the "who has the cuter imouto" story though.
That's a pretty good outline. Thumbs up if it's what the anime follows
__________________
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 14:10   Link #105
Yye1
Member of Little Busters
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Lol, ep 2 is all about ayase, and Kyousuke got kinda weird
__________________
Donít you open your mouth about the best. Or Iím ma shut it for you real quick.
- Richard Sherman

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 16:19   Link #106
kentasaiba
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
What about
NextEpTitle My Friend Can't Take Off Her Glasses
Wouldn't that also be a (Manami)Filler? For the novels it should be a Saori/Kuroneko episode...
kentasaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 16:23   Link #107
Soverence
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Where the Sky Touches the Sea
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentasaiba View Post
What about
NextEpTitle My Friend Can't Take Off Her Glasses
Wouldn't that also be a (Manami)Filler? For the novels it should be a Saori/Kuroneko episode...
I am assuming that it is going to be a Saori episode where they finally get to see what she is like when she isn't wearing her glasses in here anime mode. It is possible that it could be a Manami episode but I would place my bets more on a Saori episode at this point.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 16:24   Link #108
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
The one who can't take off her glasses would be Saori, to be more exact she switches personality depending on what she is wearing.

Saori in ojousama mode can probably win several hearts.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 19:50   Link #109
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
I honestly have no idea but here's my speculation
Volume 9 will be cut off completely, leaving six volumes to be adapted.
Volume 6 will, I hope, be completed in the next episode.
Volume 7 will be adapted into 2 episodes, and volume 8 will be adapted into 2-3 episodes. Volume 9 will be done as voice dramas. Volume 10 will be 2-3 episodes, volume 11 will be 2-3 episodes, volume 12 will be 3-4 episodes. I think.
I am somewhat impressed by the storyboard committee to be honest tho. They're actually giving a majority of the other characters spotlight in certain episodes, and Saori makes the last one so the plot/character progression will come soon after the third episode. This doesn't stop me from being worried about the ending tho.
I highly hope that won't be the case. Not only volume 9 have some good scene (chapter 2, 3 and 9) but it also confirm that Kirino have above sisterly feeling toward Kyousuke (it's writtlen from her POV, after all).
Note that before volume 9, we can still think of Kirino as a brocon 'who just dont like her brother to have a girlfriend'. It never confirm her feeling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post

Kirino and Kyousuke's date should take another episode. (4)

(might be a comiket episode here)
Fake bf story (5), Kuroneko confesses, vol 8 starts.

Kuroneko ep1, date/deal with others, Kuroneko short story from vol9 (6)
Kuroneko ep2, date/deal with others, breaks up at end (7)
Kuroneko ep3, recovery+finding kuroneko (8) (end of vol8)

Wedding dress story from vol9 (9)

Ep10+11 will cover vol10, Kyousuke living alone+Ayase in waifu mode (<3)+parts of vol11.

Ep 12: vol 11 episode. Instead of done via "bed time talk", just plain story of the sibling's past.

Ep13: Anime original end.

//End of boardcast

Ep 14 bridge to connect anime with vol 12 - various heroines preparing for the final showdown.
Ep 15, 16 Reserved for true end in vol 12.

//
.
It's entire possible >.< but somehow I think it's too fast >.<
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 19:54   Link #110
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Side stories would be the best to cut out from the perspective of the animators I think. I really liked the ending to volume 9 and the yugioh card parody so I would be disappointed if they are not adapted.
But the wedding dress story is the most likely one to make it into the anime, however.
__________________

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-04-13 at 20:05. Reason: NVM
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 21:28   Link #111
icebreaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Ria had her voice actor confirmed iirc. I would have to assume she'll get an episode too..
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 00:52   Link #112
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Kirino and Kyousuke's date should take another episode. (4)

(might be a comiket episode here)
Fake bf story (5), Kuroneko confesses, vol 8 starts.

Kuroneko ep1, date/deal with others, Kuroneko short story from vol9 (6)
Kuroneko ep2, date/deal with others, breaks up at end (7)
Kuroneko ep3, recovery+finding kuroneko (8) (end of vol8)

Wedding dress story from vol9 (9)

Ep10+11 will cover vol10, Kyousuke living alone+Ayase in waifu mode (<3)+parts of vol11.

Ep 12: vol 11 episode. Instead of done via "bed time talk", just plain story of the sibling's past.

Ep13: Anime original end.

//End of boardcast

Ep 14 bridge to connect anime with vol 12 - various heroines preparing for the final showdown.
Ep 15, 16 Reserved for true end in vol 12.
Volume 6 ends with Ria's story. Saori's story is meaty enough that it won't fit well into just half an episode, and Ria chapter's conclusion is almost assuredly going to end an episode as well, so I think it'll take two more episodes before we enter volume 7.

Also, trying to fit vol7 in one episode is simply not going to work either. There are way too many stuff - fake date, comiket and after-comiket party are mandatory for the event's progression, so it will take two episodes at the very minimum.

My belief is more that the TVA segment will end at volume 10, with the web episodes fitting volume 11 and 12 in it.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 01:51   Link #113
icebreaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
I'm surprised they didn't even try to fit in Kyousuke's marriage proposal to Ayase in episode 2. Ayase's parts are scarce to begin with, cut enough and they won't be able to explain why she fell in love with him.

Well, hopefully one handcuff and Sayaka's incident would be enough.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 01:57   Link #114
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
The thing about vol10 is that its a tough place to cut (unless they just end it with a cliffhanger which will be all so frustrating - although v12 would be released by then and the hype would prob die down a little).

I guess they can exclude Ayase's confession (delay til ep14), and just have Kyousuke return home after passing his exam and Kirino welcomes him back. Not sure if there will be room for the stalker incident.

So something like
ep12 ends with Kirino picking Ayase to take care of Kyousuke.
ep13 starts off with a snapshot of Ayase in waifu mode and 1st half of the episode blows through the stalker incident. 2nd half would be Kyousuke returning home after a small time skip.

14,15,16 covers v11 and 12.

They should have just made this 2 cour -_-.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 05:13   Link #115
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post

14,15,16 covers v11 and 12.

They should have just made this 2 cour -_-.
3 episodes for 2 important, ending volume? I pray they wont do that, otherwise it would rush thing up too much >.<
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 05:29   Link #116
icebreaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
I saw Kyousuke and Akagi buying BL stuff in the opening. Well it's the opening but if they are adding that part in too, (Wishful thinking) they might have realized it's impossible to finish the series this season and is planning for another season!

If only that could happen..
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 05:35   Link #117
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think they are trying to make sure that fans of all the characters have a chance to see their favourite heroine in the spotlight before the drama kicks into full-gear to take us to the end of the story.
Yeah, that would be the case, it seems.
However, even when the drama will "kick-in", I don't think we can expect some true power-core drama, just some moments.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 05:58   Link #118
type-R!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: TX
One episode for a story from a drama CD..... lucky index fans (and some other works too), they have two cour adaptations, spin off, movie, and definitely more coming up. Of course their sales are way higher but still, makes it difficult to get the feeling of why just 16 episodes off. I wonder if Fushimi will personally feel satisfied when this season ends.
Well, can't say too much until its over.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 08:02   Link #119
icebreaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
One episode for a story from a drama CD..... lucky index fans (and some other works too), they have two cour adaptations, spin off, movie, and definitely more coming up. Of course their sales are way higher but still, makes it difficult to get the feeling of why just 16 episodes off. I wonder if Fushimi will personally feel satisfied when this season ends.
Well, can't say too much until its over.
http://grev.g.hatena.ne.jp/keyword/l...umbers?kid=135
At 410k sales per volume, Oreimo is one of the highest out there.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 12:17   Link #120
jasonhan416
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
dang.. what volume/chapter was episode 2?
jasonhan416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.