|2010-12-17, 13:39||Link #684|
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Of course you can watch whenever you want (that should go without saying, no?), what I obviously meant was that discussion about subsequent "new" episodes starts on saturdays.
And don't talk to me about schedules. My schedule has been keeping me behind on this ever since the fifth episode. Geez...
|2010-12-18, 10:40||Link #685|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Another week, another episode, and it has to be said that this episode makes a LOT more sense if you've seen Macross Zero as this episode is pretty much Macross Zero: The Movie: The Making Of in the Macross Frontier world.
Highlights of the episode - Alto being begged to take part in the film as one of the lead female roles. Sheryl's obvious bluster after kissing Alto - acting was it, yeah right! Then Ranka decides she's in for some of that action.
For this is a huge boost up the ladder of fame for Ranka after the director (who as karice67 pointed out, appeared last week) sees Ranka singing and elevates her from 'mayan girl A' to playing Sheryl's grandmother, of all people!
Low point of the episode, the hydra fight, where the animation looked decidedly ropey, I think.
Other things: Way to look inconspicuous, Leon! Also, Nanase totally fangirling over the Ranka/Alto kiss.
This episode has made me want to watch Macross Zero again.
|2010-12-18, 21:57||Link #686|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Episode 10 - "Legend of Zero"
A great episode. Sheryl was stunning in every scene and Ranka was cute in a few.
It was funny how everyone learned of Alto's past at the same time too, even the bridge bunnies heard about it.
And that was Grace meeting with Leon, right?
Random Curiosity post for those interested.
And now a two week break... wait, I have to wait two weeks for my swimsuits!?
|2010-12-22, 12:17||Link #699|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
I finally got the free time for this episode.
- It was really nice to see Rankas dream realized. A lot of luck, talent and spirit went into it being possible for her.
- Alto passing out acting advice was great. Him constantly getting flustered because everybody was reminding him of his acting past, too.
- I don't know why, but Sheryl hanging in those ropes in her SMS uniform really looked fabulous.
- Miranda Melin is a bitch. She got her come-uppance pretty fast from Sheryl, though.
- Michael really likes to take the practical approach to relationships with his sniping advice.
- The action scene with the Hydra was embarrassingly badly drawn.
- Damn, Alto. Get a clue from the cluephone, if Sheryl is bending down this way for you. Even if she is teasing you.
- And Ranka misremembers another save by Alto. Well, no wonder she crushed on him so hard.
- And nobody... NOBODY!... can tell me that Sheryl wasn't more affected than she wanted by that first real kiss she shared with Alto. Had she only not backed off into another round of teasing, she'd have him in the bag right there, IMO. Oh, well... she has herself to blame for not being serious until Ranka tried to really be competition and by makng Alto think some more time that she was only toying with him.
- And, sorry, but Ranka thinking that the fake kiss with Alto meant more than it was ( i.e. acting ) was the first real misstep for the character.
- But it was good to see how happy Sheryl seemed at the end for Rankas success.
|macross frontier, re-watch|