AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Macross

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-30, 10:44   Link #1321
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Is it just me, or does that picture look as if she lost some baby fat in her facial area? ^^
I can't really understand your post, but I assume you're asking if she's still got a right eye. And according to the manga version, the answer is YES!!!

Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:01   Link #1322
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I can't really understand your post, but I assume you're asking if she's still got a right eye. And according to the manga version, the answer is YES!!!
No, I meant that her face looked much leaner than it usually used to.
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:07   Link #1323
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
I guess I read that scene very differently from you. To me, it appears that Sheryl had given up - note that Alto realised it too - and Ranka was upset because of that.

(Questions like 'how could Ranka have known what Sheryl felt?' should be directed at Yoshino and Kawamori, though I assume it was due to the whole 'fold space' thing.)

Btw, are you sure Sheryl was fighting against dying? Because that's most definitely not what I got out of what she said and did in episode 24. She didn't want to die, sure, but I don't think she had her heart set on fighting against it.
But then you have to consider why Sheryl gave up, because she was dying and there was no cure (as far as Sheryl knew). It seemed more like by episode 25 Sheryl had accepted the fact that she was dying rather than simply giving up. There is no use in fighting something that cannot be fought, remember all of the doctors she had ever visited up to this point told her the same thing, they could merely prolong her life for a few months, but she was still gonna die. She was given no options.

There is also the fact that you have consider how Sheryl acted when she was acting, its not the behavior of someone who wants to die., but has none the less accepted that fact.

The point also still stands slapping someone who is going to die, and knows it doesn't help matters. You're not slapping any sense into them, because let's be serious here, how can you talk someone out of dying from a terminal illness of which there is no cure (as far as they know)? The scene was just badly handled. It doesn't change that they are dying, and will still be dying from said illness even after you slap them. It just makes you like a total idiot to the people around you.

Its very different from the scene when Sheryl, a terminally ill girl, slapped Ranka, a perfectly healthy girl whose heart was broken because she made an assumption that Alto, the boy she liked confessed to her, in a scripted flight show, and was giving up because of it. No matter which way you look at it, dying of a terminal illness and accepting the fact that your life is about to end>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ad infinity giving up because because the boy you like and think is confessing to you in a scripted flight show, is hugging another girl. Its stupid and its another example of Ranka's immaturity in the series itself.

Last edited by wisteria233; 2011-04-30 at 11:30.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:09   Link #1324
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
No, I meant that her face looked much leaner than it usually used to.
Yeah, I know the comic is a different version and probably isn't canonical, but I still maintain that she DIDN'T lose her right eye, which was the big question looming over the final episode.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:11   Link #1325
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Yeah, I know the comic is a different version and probably isn't canonical, but I still maintain that she DIDN'T lose her right eye, which was the big question looming over the final episode.
I really didn't try to say that she looked much leaner because of her eye. Actually, since that scene of Nanase awakening was put in for the DVD's, it might be the effect of the artist drawing that short scene... I noted quite clearly that all those little additions had a similar graphical style.
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:13   Link #1326
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I really didn't try to say that she looked much leaner because of her eye. Actually, since that scene of Nanase awakening was put in for the DVD's, it might be the effect of the artist drawing that short scene... I noted quite clearly that all those little additions had a similar graphical style.
I totally agree with you. Nanase, as you say, has two eyes still intact at the end of the series, which (again, as you say) just increases her awesomeness.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:15   Link #1327
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I totally agree with you. Nanase, as you say, has two eyes still intact at the end of the series, which (again, as you say) just increases her awesomeness.
Well, that's if you forget her third eye at the back of her head.
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:17   Link #1328
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, that's if you forget her third eye at the back of her head.
Totally. She really is the best character ever, isn't she?
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:18   Link #1329
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Totally. She really is the best character ever, isn't she?
Let's not forget her third buttock!
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:22   Link #1330
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Let's not forget her third buttock!



Nanase? Is it you?
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:35   Link #1331
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
That mustache certainly looks familiar...
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:42   Link #1332
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
That mustache certainly looks familiar...
Yep, Nanase's awesome.

BOW DOWN TO OUR QUEEN!!

Even Magnus admits that Nanase's the best!!

(Still working on Tak and Cheesie, but they'll come around...one way or another.)
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:43   Link #1333
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Since when does Sheryl have a mustache?
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:45   Link #1334
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Since when does Sheryl have a mustache?
I stand corrected. Sheryl's the Queen...but Nanase's the Ultra-Queen.

Thanks for setting me straight.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:49   Link #1335
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I stand corrected. Sheryl's the Queen...but Nanase's the Ultra-Queen.

Thanks for setting me straight.
Is that title determined by bust size? Also, Sheryl is no mere queen, but The Empress.

ALL HAIL THE EMPRESS SHERYL!

Burn the banana!
Kill the Vajra!
Purge the green!
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:54   Link #1336
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Is that title determined by bust size? Also, Nanase is no mere queen, but The Empress.

ALL HAIL THE EMPRESS NANASE!

Burn the banana!
Kill the Vajra!
Purge the green!
LONG LIVE PURPLE
I couldn't agree more.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:55   Link #1337
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I couldn't agree more.
Who is this "Empress Nasase"?
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:56   Link #1338
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Who is this "Empress Nasase"?
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:59   Link #1339
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?
Fata Morganas, apparently.
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 12:06   Link #1340
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Fata Morganas, apparently.
I figured as much. But since you think Nanase is the best character ever, I'll forgive you.

Just don't let it happen again.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
macross frontier, re-watch

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.