AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 89 54.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 21.60%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 14.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 6.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.62%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-19, 04:25   Link #141
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
She did lie at the table when she told the father she went out shopping when in reality she was making her new friends in Akihabara.
It was no lie. They DID go shopping afterwards, too.

Quote:
Sure there is.....there is no porn magazine you can buy that have under age look alikes at all. Eroges have all kind of 10 year old girls...right?
Oh great, another child porn crusader.

I'm no eroge specialist, but it should be telling enough that all it takes is a "all depicted models are above 18" remark to get a US release. Most eroges I've seen and played either have no "loli" character at all, or alternatively have them as small-build characters in high school, with sex scenes shown as consentual. I haven't seen a single game so far dealing with "10 year olds" - they may certainly exist, but they're only a small niche, not representative.

And just to say it right away: This whole selective concept of "thought crimes" is boggling my mind. Most of the people who can't distinguish between showing a CG of children and filming a movie with them are exactly the kind of fanatics I consider at least as dangerous as the group that buys these products.

Quote:
Relax? How can I relax when I see little kids being there for sexual gratifications? Well I can now since I am used but that's about it. In the beginning it was surprising.
I repeat. Either you relax and discuss reasonably (as in, without fake hysteria and based on what's actually shown, and not an extreme caricature which doesn't resemble the story at all), or you can talk to the hand. Your pick.

Quote:
What's the point then of banning child porn and other forms around....why not let parents decide if they want their kid to be in the business.....but of course there is ban on that right? So placing bans on certain porn types is productive in stopping chaos itself I would say.
Bullsh1t. Child porn is harmful to the depicted childern, that's why it's criminal. When an imouto eroge is written, there is no such victim. A case can be made to debate whether or not the display or description of reprehensible acts should be forbidden, but that extends to other fields aswell. What about the description of rape, torture, murder or other forms of inhuman cruelty? Is Nabokov's novel "Lolita" a masterpiece classic or a crime? Where do we draw the line?

My personal opinion is that this kind of stuff is ugly, but no crime, because there's no victim. And when you open up the law to criminalize THOUGHTS, you cross a Rubicon you don't want to cross. Therefore, I'd rather tolerate filth than criminalize it.

What we were talking about however is how parents should deal with the issue that their children will involuntarily be exposed to porn, due to easy availability via Internet and others. And here, I can positively assure you that "put your hands on your ears, close your eyes and scream" kind of reaction is not helpful. An open talk and a degree of tolerance - as long as bad effects are not visible - is much more helpful.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 04:27   Link #142
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
On the whole dad punching Kyousuke thing - yeah, it's not as bad as it looks; as mentioned - the culture thing, the fact that Kyousuke's close to 18 (an adult), the eldest son, plus his 'threat' to kick his dad's ass - he was practically asking for the adult treatment.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 07:19   Link #143
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Wait, mother has brown eyes, father has dark brown eyes.

KIRINO HAS BLUE EYES.
So what? Blue eyes is a recessive gene. One of her relatives may have blue eyes, such as a grandparent. I am the only one with blue eyes in my immediate family - both of my grandmothers had blue eyes.

And it's anime so something like that doesn't count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
On the whole dad punching Kyousuke thing - yeah, it's not as bad as it looks; as mentioned - the culture thing, the fact that Kyousuke's close to 18 (an adult), the eldest son, plus his 'threat' to kick his dad's ass - he was practically asking for the adult treatment.
Yes. It's not like he took a paddle or a frying pan and beat him with it.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 07:43   Link #144
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
So what? Blue eyes is a recessive gene. One of her relatives may have blue eyes, such as a grandparent. I am the only one with blue eyes in my immediate family - both of my grandmothers had blue eyes.

And it's anime so something like that doesn't count.

Yes. It's not like he took a paddle or a frying pan and beat him with it.
But blue eyes is almost exclusively a Caucasian/Central/Eastern European trait, which means someone in their family...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 07:56   Link #145
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
But blue eyes is almost exclusively a Caucasian/Central/Eastern European trait, which means someone in their family...
Is not from Japan. And? Are you trying to justify an incest end? Please don't. One incest show at a time only.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 08:08   Link #146
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
I'm not justifying it. I'm only saying that there are many explanations as to why she has blue eyes, and it's not unreal to think of the possibility that she may or may not be related by blood.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 09:10   Link #147
-Sho-
~Omedetτ~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
I agree , Yosuga no Sora is enough for incest (twincest)
About time that i didn't saw a relationship Bro/Sis with no incest content or intent but with support and protection .

Anyway i wonder how Kirino can be able to buy all those eroge 18+ . I mean , she looks like a teenage girl and it's obvious for the merchant unless they don't care about it .
+ this is not any Eroge -> Little sister !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 10:51   Link #148
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I agree , Yosuga no Sora is enough for incest (twincest)
About time that i didn't saw a relationship Bro/Sis with no incest content or intent but with support and protection .

Anyway i wonder how Kirino can be able to buy all those eroge 18+ . I mean , she looks like a teenage girl and it's obvious for the merchant unless they don't care about it .
+ this is not any Eroge -> Little sister !
The merchants probably don't care. I don't think there are strict laws like in the US. Most big retailers will card you if you buy a game rated M now. They may do it for movies rated R as well. Speaking of, I always found it ironic how they check your age when you see the movie in the theater but when it's out on DVD, you can buy it no problem, lol.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 12:03   Link #149
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
regarding the blue eyes, firstly, just check with the LN readers whether the description in the LN says blue. LN usually will describe such stuff. or they could be contacts.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 12:09   Link #150
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
regarding the blue eyes, firstly, just check with the LN readers whether the description in the LN says blue. LN usually will describe such stuff. or they could be contacts.
I think it simply came down to what would look best - and they chose blue.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 14:11   Link #151
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm not justifying it. I'm only saying that there are many explanations as to why she has blue eyes, and it's not unreal to think of the possibility that she may or may not be related by blood.
Cause Japan wants to be white (from the many Caucasian characters in anime).
Or she's a fashion model and she's wearing contacts to look like a model.
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 14:47   Link #152
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Wait, mother has brown eyes, father has dark brown eyes.

KIRINO HAS BLUE EYES.
To be honest, the only blue thing of hers that I realized is just her fingernails. Really, like the others said, I don't think this is going to be a foreshadowing or anything, just anime being anime as usual. I can't name them now, but I think there are several instances of family members with various hair colors, a trait that's much more commonly passed over than eye color if I'm not mistaken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I don't think even Gendo Ikari actually punched Shinji out, did he?
I'm not saying Kirino's father is perfect, but considering all things I would still prefer to have him as a father than Gendo Ikari...In fact, now that you mention it, with the glasses and general build they look kinda similar, aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by testtesttest View Post
I am Japanese, and I have not been punched by father in the past.
As for becoming the high school student and father's hitting, it is not usualness.
Yeah, I'm not saying that every Asian boy is beat up by their father, I for one also haven't been beaten by my father in the past. Still, I do realize that not all my friends are as luck as me; I have a Korean friend, he said that his father used to beat him up with a belt, even a golf stick (I feel really guilty that when I first heard it I was more concerned about the golf stick than my friend) at one point, whenever he was punished for doing something wrong. He's not perfectly fine with it, but he understand it's a direct consequence of his own fault and it fits the culture and tradition of respecting the elders, like others have said. I'm not endorsing it or anything, just saying that not all other countries has as good a child abuse protection system compared to America, but due to tradition and everything it seems like less of a big deal for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Bla bla bla. Enough with the praise please. This series is a fun one but I dare say it's because the source material was of the highest caliber and because most viewers, myself included, are biased towards the content as it relates to them -_-

Anyway, it wasn't too bad until now but this episode annoyed me a bit. Suffice to say that I don't agree with the exclusion of certain portions of the novel.

Well, I guess it's a given considering the novels are always more fun. Kyosuke's inner dialogue was the most epic part of it all and they just can't replicate the awesomeness in the anime.

I really hate how they aren't providing any attention whatsoever to the awesomeness of the three other girls in the series though. Sure, Kirino is the main dish but as we all (should) know, the main dish shines only because of the side dishes and doesn't really work by itself. It's not like they were focused upon in the novels either... I don't see why they can't maintain the subtle touches regarding the support cast in the anime.
Well, for me and most other guys I think, we can't really read Japanese or even get hold of the LN so all we got for source is the anime. Sure, maybe it's not the perfect adaptation but as long as it's still good on its own then that's not all that bad, I guess.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 16:15   Link #153
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
regarding the blue eyes, firstly, just check with the LN readers whether the description in the LN says blue. LN usually will describe such stuff. or they could be contacts.
On the LN cover, and on the LN color ilustrations both Kirino and Kyousuke have blue eyes. Actually don't both have blue eyes in the anime too? So I don't think that can say much about they not being related.
__________________
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 18:10   Link #154
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
On the LN cover, and on the LN color ilustrations both Kirino and Kyousuke have blue eyes. Actually don't both have blue eyes in the anime too? So I don't think that can say much about they not being related.
Quickly looked around and found they both have blue eyes indeed (Kirino sorta leans towards a teal colored eye in a way) the only way they are different is their personalities which isnt strange in terms of being related
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 18:20   Link #155
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Also something I noticed and I don't remember seeing anyone commenting. This is one of those shows where, while there is no next episode preview on the episode itself, there is one in the official website. Here is the page with all previews so far. Here is the link for episode 4 preview.

I believe next episode previews are accepted on the same thread, that's why I'm posting it here.
__________________
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 21:32   Link #156
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Wait, mother has brown eyes, father has dark brown eyes.

KIRINO HAS BLUE EYES.
I can imagine a scene as in Kami nomi:
Kirino saying "I'm your father's illegal child" and giving her mother a letter
her mother turning back into a biker girl
the biker girl goes and kick's the father's ass

Here, this would even be a clear improvement, and Kyousuke wouldn't have to suffer under his father any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
You'd be surprised at the intense adherence to the patriarchy here in Asia my man. Corporal punishment in the form of an actual beating is actually almost not surprising in this part of the world. As someone who's been on the receiving end of a cane, a leather belt and an actual punch, I'll attest to that.
Corporal punishment is used in very old-fashioned families only, and there, it's not limited to Asia. You can easily find old-fashioned fathers who still use corporal punishment ina all countries with a significant Christian population, like the US. They're the ones who are very religious and refer to the bible for it: one of their commandments does say that you must respect your elders.
In isolated religious communities (generally Christian sects), corporal punishment using belts and whatnot is especially common.

Therefore, corporal punishment is by no means an Asia-only trait, not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans-Fat View Post
I am guessing you meant Kyousuke, and not Tarou from MM!, even though they both got punched in episode 3.
Of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by testtesttest View Post
I am Japanese, and I have not been punched by father in the past.
As for becoming the high school student and father's hitting, it is not usualness.
I'd also say it's quite unusual. As I said, this only happens in very old-fashioned families, and there, it's not limited to Asia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Manami should force a kiss on him or do some bold move!
That would probably be the only thing that would get through to him. His reaction to that would depend on how entranced with Kirino he is already at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Point taken but I still think the porn industry beats the ero industry by a lot more! It also pays more therefore is more popular with people.
"It pays more therefore it's more popular" is quite a nonsensical point
Of course they have to pay the actors in porn movies, but that alone certainly doesn't make it popular.
I'd rather say the very opposite is the case - the porn industry having higher running costs (actor gages etc.) is one factor why it's hanging back behind the hentai market (eroge, doujinshi etc.), which doesn't have any such costs.
A much more important factor is that porn is only blunt fucking without plot, while hentai is much more artfully done, and eroge generally do have a plot. That alone already contributes the most to making them more popular with people in Japan.
What would you say is more entertaining - watching a porn movie for an hour, or playing an eroge for an hour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Bullsh1t. Child porn is harmful to the depicted childern, that's why it's criminal. When an imouto eroge is written, there is no such victim. A case can be made to debate whether or not the display or description of reprehensible acts should be forbidden, but that extends to other fields aswell. What about the description of rape, torture, murder or other forms of inhuman cruelty? Is Nabokov's novel "Lolita" a masterpiece classic or a crime? Where do we draw the line?

My personal opinion is that this kind of stuff is ugly, but no crime, because there's no victim. And when you open up the law to criminalize THOUGHTS, you cross a Rubicon you don't want to cross. Therefore, I'd rather tolerate filth than criminalize it.
Fully agree there. It's certainly right to prohibit *actual* child porn, where *actual* 10-year-olds were exploited.
While I find sexual drawings of lolis (i.e. pre-teens) of bad taste as well, it would be ludicrous to outlaw them, as there are no victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
What we were talking about however is how parents should deal with the issue that their children will involuntarily be exposed to porn, due to easy availability via Internet and others. And here, I can positively assure you that "put your hands on your ears, close your eyes and scream" kind of reaction is not helpful. An open talk and a degree of tolerance - as long as bad effects are not visible - is much more helpful.
Yes, parents need to handle sexual content tolerantly. Throwing a fit and becoming agressive like Kyousuke's dad is definitely very, very wrong. Such a behaviour from the parent's side might very well cause a disturbed relationship to sexuality and might even turn them into rapists in extreme cases.
__________________
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 00:41   Link #157
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Such a befitted ending for a good series. I will seriously miss Kirino and Kuroneko. And Kyousuke did show his moment of how he was chosen to be the main character.... :,)

Hope S2 will come out soon. This series deceive a solid 10/10 from me...



...... or that what i gonna say, considered how dramatic and fulfilled this episode turned out to be. They played out the role of all characters. They played over the theme of this anime ("there's no way my sister is this cute"). They even omit the OP and play it in the end with flashes of main characters...
I won't accept anything worse than this to be the ending. Mark my work

PS: Kirino is definitely a siscon fangirl. xD

..almost off to her imaginary land...
__________________

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-10-20 at 01:00.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 02:26   Link #158
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
This episode was great until Kyou got mad and started making a friendship rant. That was just cheesy. He should've just stuck to calmly rationalizing with his father that these games don't aren't a bad influence and he shouldn't believe everything the media says.

Him taking cover for the 18+ game was hilarious though, even if it does make me wonder how his father mananaged to believe such blatant bullshit.

Kyou's friend trying to be a Tsundere was somewhat amusing aswell.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 03:18   Link #159
Francismeunier
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
It was no lie. They DID go shopping afterwards, too.
Yes it was Kirino said she went shopping with some friends when she was with her brother and all. The exact truth was therefore not said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Oh great, another child porn crusader.
Not quite but I am against it and yes in any form but depending at its depiction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'm no eroge specialist, but it should be telling enough that all it takes is a "all depicted models are above 18" remark to get a US release. Most eroges I've seen and played either have no "loli" character at all, or alternatively have them as small-build characters in high school, with sex scenes shown as consensual. I haven't seen a single game so far dealing with "10 year olds" - they may certainly exist, but they're only a small niche, not representative.
I have seen those games and even some involving rape of them and I can say they may be small but their existence should not be denied and therefore stopped. Even if the character is labeled this and age that going to this school degree....does not mean IRL that you had intercourse with them makes it right when you find out their appearance tricked you bit time. In fact some people went to jail on the Internet due to that problem. All I am saying is appearances trick the mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And just to say it right away: This whole selective concept of "thought crimes" is boggling my mind. Most of the people who can't distinguish between showing a CG of children and filming a movie with them are exactly the kind of fanatics I consider at least as dangerous as the group that buys these products.
Yes but there are people who cannot distinguish between 2D and 3D. It's called mental illness I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I repeat. Either you relax and discuss reasonably (as in, without fake hysteria and based on what's actually shown, and not an extreme caricature which doesn't resemble the story at all), or you can talk to the hand. Your pick.
I will the first choice and will not talk to the hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Bullshit. Child porn is harmful to the depicted children, that's why it's criminal. When an imouto eroge is written, there is no such victim. A case can be made to debate whether or not the display or description of reprehensible acts should be forbidden, but that extends to other fields as well. What about the description of rape, torture, murder or other forms of inhuman cruelty? Is Nabokov's novel "Lolita" a masterpiece classic or a crime? Where do we draw the line?
Where do we draw the line is a very good one......I think the safest to that is banning all from the beginning of such line therefore what comes after is not there anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
My personal opinion is that this kind of stuff is ugly, but no crime, because there's no victim. And when you open up the law to criminalize THOUGHTS, you cross a Rubicon you don't want to cross. Therefore, I'd rather tolerate filth than criminalize it.
I would rather criminalize to prevent human mind infections. Although interesting enough some people said the filth keeps people in check instead of rape so I find that interesting by itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
What we were talking about however is how parents should deal with the issue that their children will involuntarily be exposed to porn, due to easy availability via Internet and others. And here, I can positively assure you that "put your hands on your ears, close your eyes and scream" kind of reaction is not helpful. An open talk and a degree of tolerance - as long as bad effects are not visible - is much more helpful.
Well I agree with the much more helpful indeed.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 04:44   Link #160
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Yes it was Kirino said she went shopping with some friends when she was with her brother and all. The exact truth was therefore not said.
No, it wasn't like that. It was her mother who speculated that she was shopping with her friends, and Kirino mumbled a wordless-defensive "uh-huh". A lie is something different.

Quote:
Not quite but I am against it and yes in any form but depending at its depiction.
You're contradicting yourself in one sentence. Either it's in any form, or it's depending on its depiction. But don't bother clarifying, I take it you're against it. Fine.

Quote:
I have seen those games and even some involving rape of them and I can say they may be small but their existence should not be denied and therefore stopped.
Nobody denied their existence, but the point is that they're an extremely small niche, and you are using them to stigmatize an entire genre, as if they were representative. Besides, it's most definitely not the kind of game which Kirino would be playing. Remember how she blew up when Kyousuke did as much as kick the game imouto out of "his" bed? It's safe to assume that Kirino would not tolerate a game you described in her collection.

Quote:
Even if the character is labeled this and age that going to this school degree....does not mean IRL that you had intercourse with them makes it right when you find out their appearance tricked you bit time. In fact some people went to jail on the Internet due to that problem. All I am saying is appearances trick the mind.
So where to draw the line? What is evil? 14 years? 13? 12? 11? Consentual sex? Nonconsentual sex? Rape?

We're deep in a grey zone here, and unless you feel that eroges shouldn't display consentual sex between teens either (then you're an extremist zealot and we have no grounds for discussion), you'll find yourself on a very slippery slope defining what's alright and what's not.

Quote:
Yes but there are people who cannot distinguish between 2D and 3D. It's called mental illness I believe.
With the same logic you have to banish action and war movies, too. And all action games aswell, while you're at it. If all it takes is a 2D depiction of a crime in 3D to argue "hey, there are people who can't distinguish, so content of this type might lead to crimes in the real world", and so the existence of these 2D things can't be tolerated", you've just killed 75% of the entertainment industry. And like I said before, on to the libraries to burn alot of books, too. And shut down the internet right away please, there are child sex predators who use it to find targets.

The fact that something CAN be misused must _not_ lead to the simpleton result "so disallow it". Punishment needs to be attributed to 3D crimes, and the best approach to prevent the 2D-to-3D transition is information and tolerant (usually parental) oversight to correct obvious bad developments. Not zealot-style prohibition approaches, which usually backfire badly.

Quote:
Where do we draw the line is a very good one......I think the safest to that is banning all from the beginning of such line therefore what comes after is not there anymore.
No, it's NOT the safest. Who gets to make the rules what is acceptable and what is not? The government?

Look at the backlash in the US after 9/11. For a while in the patriotic frenzy, it became almost criminal to oppose the war. What if opposition could officially labeled as "aiding and abetting the enemy", aka treason, by law?

You think this was only an extreme exception? Look at what's going through the news even today. "All terrorists are muslims", says Brian Kilmeade, a Foxnews anchor. There's people who demand to outlaw the use of the Schariah even on a "all parties consent" basis (it's sometimes used to rule familial/inheritance disputes). When you allow the government to define what's acceptable to be said, written and shown and what isn't, liberty is lost very quickly. And as a German, I can assure you that we know that this is something very, very dangerous.

I have a higher confidence in the reason of the people in an open society. Sorry.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.