AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-05, 17:51   Link #201
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Actually the the animation for the past 4 episodes seemed like it took a lot more work then the one shown here. I mean its just clips of past episodes and shots of characters and their names.
Indeed. Static pictures with bland backgrounds with their names in some standard font and old S1 scenes is pretty shitty. That music doesn't even fit as an opening to me, given that heavy metal doesn't carry well with the presence this show has.

Oh well, I suppose seeing 3(4?) diff, hilarious, and zany openings and the last opening to be crappy than one mediocre opening total.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 23:12   Link #202
Midonin
Last Engage

Huh. I didn't know Kanako had sisters, much less ones that attended Caltech. This episode was pretty good. The idea of a card game that can't change history is twisted. Absolutely twisted. And yet, so in line with the universe of the show. Though the end credits confirmed it, I recognized one of the new students in the archery club as voiced by Chiaki Omigawa. Very distinctive voice.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 00:20   Link #203
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

i think this ep has been the best this season. the "SHUT UP" right before the eyecatch cracked me up for a good minute. the talk about Kanako's sister at Caltech was great as well. "she talks about quarks and string theory, and then nothing else but boys!" haha. then the decorating her desk was hilarious. it looked soooo stupid.

and yes, a historical card game where you can't change history is absolutely cruel.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 09:28   Link #204
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had no idea Kanako had sisters either, much less smart ones. I assume the reason Kanako herself is so dumb is that her brain is not properly irrigated due to her frequent nosebleeds. Or perhaps it's because she puts too much effort into getting ladies rather than in her studies.

The Legend of the Galactic heroes reference made my day. Silly God, marathoning LoGH is more of a blessing than a punishment. Not being able to blink is a bit harsh, though...

I don't know about you, but I liked the temporary OP better than the official one. Nothing can beat "Hanaji" anyway.
Old 2011-05-10, 09:46   Link #205
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 5:
Old 2011-05-10, 10:40   Link #206
satomianzaki

yeah...kanako looked so pretty with longer hair...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 17:13   Link #207
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^I agree. I wish she'd keep it that way. Sadly, she'll obviously be back to normal next week.
Old 2011-05-11, 02:03   Link #208
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
yeah...kanako looked so pretty with longer hair...
Totally agree, especially when she first showed up.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 15:38   Link #209
Midonin
Last Engage

Shaft, you devious little tricksters. Good job!

I knew that last week's animation for the OP was incomplete, and we got to see it in its finished form this week. Sort of. It's been (hastily(?)) turned into a Matsurika version. With Shaft, you never know what you're dealing with, and I mean that as the greatest possible praise.
Old 2011-05-14, 21:29   Link #210
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Technically speaking we re getting different opening animations for every week. I always thought that Shaft is in a situation where they can't keep up with their work is because they are accepting too many projects. However I'm beginning to think that Shaft is just asking for too much now.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 07:34   Link #211
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Matsurika Holic & Touichirou Holic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>> Maria holic.

If only all the episode could be that good. Touichirou's inner monologues are always gold (thanks to the ever amazing Sugita), especially when he's struggling with his feelings for a delicious reverse trap (whom he doesn't know is a reverse trap). Hirano Aya's voice acting was outstanding. She really sounded like a boy.
Old 2011-05-16, 11:07   Link #212
n120cky

With Father Kanae appearance (which is AWOL last episode) the scenario was hilarious . Now long waited Shizu appeared with great Reverse Trap. I hope they got more focus on the Twins arc.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 13:00   Link #213
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 6:
Old 2011-05-16, 17:28   Link #214
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I guess this episode proves that this show is far more versatile WITHOUT Kanako's stupidity .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 04:42   Link #215
Soliloquy
Secret Schemer

I really enjoyed Matsurika Holic and I like how she says in nonchalantly cold manner. Although definitely her being offensive in more direct way is more entertaining to watch, I still like this episode, she was becoming more of her old self here than the previous episodes.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 09:01   Link #216
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

I rewatch ep 3 and just notice the moment when God doing meal before the OP, her smile is very badass and remind me a girl is also very badass .

Do someone notice it .
Old 2011-05-17, 15:22   Link #217
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

YES~!! REVERSE TRAP. love it. i couldn't help but laugh out loud when they put the flower on Kanako's desk with her picture. Yuzuru's reaction was hilarious.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 16:24   Link #218
Silverwyrm

This episode showed me that Kanako is simply too redundant. It's always the same thing with her so this ep was a very nice change of pace. I am really wishing now that it wouldn't always focus on her so we could get more variety in the jokes =/
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 17:44   Link #219
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm also starting to think Kanako is the biggest flaw of this series. The first season was already getting redundant towards the end, and sadly, the second season only provided more of that same redundancy. Hopefully, we'll see more episodes like ep 6 in the future.

We need more Touichirou, Matsurika, God, and Shizu; I say.
Old 2011-05-24, 19:10   Link #220
Midonin
Last Engage

And with this, the first season and second have crossed over. Kanako, you should have learned from last time (this time?) that if Enjouji is there, things are about to get unreal. That even side characters like Yuzuru are aware of how fast and loose the show is playing with reality is amusing. So not only are Mariya and Shizu twins, but Matsurika and Rindo as well; Rindo's not the first survival gamer we've seen this season, but in this case, it's not surprising in the least that the Shidou house would be full of traps.

Tags
comedy, seinen