AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 54 40.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 32.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 10.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-10-25, 22:43   Link #141
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Finally, Physics wins! Someone sees the point. You don't bust out that scene because it makes sense, you bust out that scene because you want Rating$
Old 2010-10-25, 23:14   Link #142
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I really enjoyed the ending theme of this episode I like it way more than the opening ^-^.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 00:11   Link #143
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kirino definitely goes overboard there's no doubt about that. I can certainly understand the wanting to keep a sibling away from your friends thing in spirit. Sure saying something like they'll get contaminated is overboard. Can't generalize, but can understand the idea that while loving your family can still see them as embarrassing in some respects so wanting some privacy while friends are over isn't too crazy. Of course this show can't do it normal and has to throw extremes (like falling on his sister in that pose).

I will like it if they get Kirino to a point where she isn't that hostile normally. It's going to take time to get used to seeing her brother differently, but think everyone will be happy when her actions match up more with how much he has done for her.
Old 2010-10-26, 00:27   Link #144
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Loved the ep, but I was frankly expecting to be more lonely in expressing my impatience with Kirino's despicable behavior - glad to see so much consensus that she was extremely annoying in this ep. If there's one thing holding me back from unreserved love for this show it's her - she's dangerously close to the edge of being downright unlikable as a character.

Loved Comiket too. I was at TAF at Big Sight last year and while it's not quite the madhouse Summer Comiket usually is, it certainly gave me a taste.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 00:33   Link #145
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

I don't know if i should be happy that Kuroneko (best character in this anime IMO) is on the way to becomes the most favourite character because others do not have enough screen time and everyone found Kirino annoyed

Any speculation of why Ayase there and what's wrong with her? If i have to guess, she can be either one of these:
- an otaku
- love cosplay
- have brother complex
- have sister complex
- a fan of incest relationship
- yuri character
- a stalker who's after Kirino
- like to observe friends romance (like that girl in Mitsudio)
- poor, have to work during the break
- manga artist

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-10-26 at 00:47.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 00:49   Link #146
Falkor

lack of Manami makes me sad, so sad... having her appear on the OP does not make it up. they better make an OVA with plenty of Kyo X Manami.

anyway, they have finally introduced Ayase after she showed up a couple of times in past episodes. I have to say, again, that I really like Hayamin's voice for this character in particular.

hmmm... some interesting predictions about Ayase. :P

I think her popularity will only continue to increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Sorry to all the Manami fans, but I'd much rather see Ayase get more screentime and development at this point.
you could have said something like less time for Kirino/Kuroneko/Saori, etc... instead of Manami. She had zero screen time this episode (OP doesn't count).

I don't mind more Ayase, though. she is my second favorite character after all.

=====

by the way, I think Ricky Controversy brings a nice point/analysis about "that" scene---which I found tastefully done, though not particularly fond of it. I think the point being made got lost somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
Now I'm not going to take the idealistic opposite position and say that the studio had entirely chaste intentions, but the whole incident wasn't pointless either. If it had no consequences, it'd be pointless, but it wasn't, because that scene affected to some degree the way Kirino's friends perceive her brother, and it was also enough of a disturbance that it derailed the situation that Kirino feared would damn her in her friends' eyes.

Yes, it was ecchi. If it had simply been something to distract from Kirino's H-doujin, then perhaps a less ecchi scene would have sufficed. But there's the further purpose of playing up Ayase's personality in that, after seeing such a thing with her own eyes, she is actually willing to approach Kyousuke, clear the situation up, and exchange numbers with him. If it had been a less catastrophic misunderstanding, her kind nature and her apparent keenness on Kyousuke would not have been so emphasized.

It serves two meaningful story functions, and thus I hardly consider it stupid.
not going to say much, but I certainly agree with the analysis. I think it also makes Ayase's character the more suspicious.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 00:59   Link #147
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Interesting speculation? I haven't tried my best you know :P

My final guess is:
She's Kuroneko's younger sister, who either want to see how her sister's new friends like, or who heard about Kirino complex over eroge and try to prove that she will accept her friend's hobby.

Now 6 days or so until judgement
Old 2010-10-26, 01:23   Link #148
Solecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Interesting speculation? I haven't tried my best you know :P

My final guess is:
She's Kuroneko's younger sister, who either want to see how her sister's new friends like, or who heard about Kirino complex over eroge and try to prove that she will accept her friend's hobby.

Now 6 days or so until judgement
You know, I think it'd be really funny if that were the case and it makes quite a lot of sense. Though I wonder how old Kuroneko is then, I don't recall seeing her age mentioned. I guess a year or two older than Kirino/Ayase wouldn't be strange at all :/.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 02:38   Link #149
Zanibas

But you have to recall that Kuroneko in episode 3 said that she had to help her little sister take a bath. Why in the world would Ayase need help taking a bath?
Zanibas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 03:16   Link #150
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Another Theory:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-26, 03:50   Link #151
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I kinda think she was just passing by but part of me also thinks Ayase is also a closet Otaku like Kirino tho nowhere near as bad. Methinks she just started taking an interest in anime and decided to check the place out and was surprised to find Kirino there. As for the incident, I don't think it makes Ayase so suspicious and I honestly don't see why it should. It simply shows that she's more intuitive than Kirino gives her credit for to me at least. I'm interested to see what happens next.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 04:51   Link #152
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Hmm...

has anyone taken the time to read Ayase's ED?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 05:37   Link #153
matteas
Member Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hmm...

Yes, I did. But I don't think my interpretation of the lyrics is correct, because what I get from it is that Ayase has crush on Kirino. Although, the conversation between Ayase and Kyousuke might hint that she knows more and thinks more about Kirino than she would if she was satisfied with being her best friend. Actually, OreImo has been missing any yuri coupling up to now so Ayase could take on this role.
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 06:30   Link #154
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanibas View Post
But you have to recall that Kuroneko in episode 3 said that she had to help her little sister take a bath. Why in the world would Ayase need help taking a bath?
Scrub her back and so on...
Isn't that where all of the bath time fan service comes from?

That would be the most surprised answer, so i hope that I am right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteas View Post
Yes, I did. But I don't think my interpretation of the lyrics is correct, because what I get from it is that Ayase has crush on Kirino. Although, the conversation between Ayase and Kyousuke might hint that she knows more and thinks more about Kirino than she would if she was satisfied with being her best friend. Actually, OreImo has been missing any yuri coupling up to now so Ayase could take on this role.
Where did you come back from, we have Kuroneko x Kirino, you know. Can't you see them go all tsuntsun and deredere against each other? Well that's what i take as well. But it's so good to be true , so i don't think it's possible

The worst case scenario is : she fell in love with Kyousuke because they met before back when they were small and he was kind to her and so on. It's gonna so cliche that it's boring
Old 2010-10-26, 06:45   Link #155
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Where did you come back from, we have Kuroneko x Kirino, you know. Can't you see them go all tsuntsun and deredere against each other? Well that's what i take as well. But it's so good to be true , so i don't think it's possible

The worst case scenario is : she fell in love with Kyousuke because they met before back when they were small and he was kind to her and so on. It's gonna so cliche that it's boring
That would be too cliché indeed, although not far from what may actually happen. But I do also get the feeling this was the first time they met. Kirino wouldn't have been so adamant for Kyousuke to lock himself in his room and not talk to them at all. She must have seen something in him when they first met in this ep to spark an interest in her for him.
Old 2010-10-26, 07:10   Link #156
KRegnard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Finally, Physics wins! Someone sees the point. You don't bust out that scene because it makes sense, you bust out that scene because you want Rating$
LOL, what an obnoxious comment. Don't Physics as an excuse, especially when you probably don't understand it. Do explain why that scene was physically unreal if you think it's physically impossible.

Unlike you, I'm able to explain.

Kirino fell as the torque about her was immense, not only did she kick, she lost grip on the box (this means the box no longer exerts a force in the opposite direction of her fall).

Kyousuke was likely to fall forward as he kicked off the ground to avoid the kick. Do note that both persons' grip on the box were released together, hence Kirino would fall backwards whereas Kyousuke forward together.

I don't see why you think the scene was physically impossible. Furthermore, inertia can explain Kirino's clothes having shifted backwards, there is little to no resistive force apart from air resistance (very little), to reduce her clothes' velocity to zero when Kirino's velocity is reduced to zero when she lands.

Seriously, people who hate fanservice, or simply want to say its illogical, should really think twice before posting claims like "phailsics is wrong!!". Because you're only making yourself look like a fool.

Besides, its fiction, even if it were scientifically incorrect, who cares?

Last edited by KRegnard; 2010-10-26 at 07:23.
KRegnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 07:32   Link #157
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Hmm...

I cleaned up while that ED played since it was my last watch Sunday so I didn't exactly watch the ED too closely. Looks like I have someone else to do tonight.
Old 2010-10-26, 08:43   Link #158
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Hmm...

Okay, with Mentar’s comment (who seems to have read the novel and thus having good authority) I’m really interested to thoroughly investigate the nature of Ayase. I came up with similar conclusion to you guys, although I did that with a very long analysis beforehand to make sure. Warning: Very LONG and detailed text inside.

Spoiler for Ayase's Analysis:
Old 2010-10-26, 09:35   Link #159
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah i'm sure it was the first that they met and you know they follow the route :

"First sight , first love" ^^ why not? it's pretty common these days .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 09:45   Link #160
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

While I'm not completely discounting the possibility that this is true, I wouldn't really take the song as an indication that Ayase has a thing for Kirino (although as I said, it's also a possibility). Best friends could also sometimes have very strong feelings for each other that aren't neccessarily romantic. It wouldn't be abnormal for her to want to see Kirino smile and show her true self to her as her best friend. The way I see it, she wants to see the true face of Kirino because she wants to be friends with her, not neccessarily because she's in love with her. As for exchanging numbers with Kyousuke, she may have easily done it because to her, there's no one better to ask for advice to find out about Kirino's hidden façade than her own brother, and since she figured out he seems to know something about Kirino she doesn't, there really is no one better to ask and get advice from. The way I see it, this series isn't putting any particular focus on romance so I wouldn't just say that everyone's reason for doing things here is because of romantic feelings.