AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 54 40.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 32.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 10.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-26, 09:46   Link #161
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRegnard View Post
I don't see why you think the scene was physically impossible.
He's not saying the fall is impossible, he's saying that if a guy landed on a girl half his size, with his land on her chest, she'd be hurt.

Because we see it in anime all the time we don't think of it as a big deal, but when you compare this particular scene to the source and see that they made a fanservice change of course someone is going to call it out.

Is the change a big deal? No, but it was still unnecessary and awkward.

Unnecessary because just landing in that position, Kyousuke leaning over his half stripped sister while nestled deep between her thighs, is shameful enough to be caught in. The accidental grope doesn't add much to the original scene.

Awkward because we hear him call out to her that she's about to fall, before falling himself in an attempt to catch her. In the VN illustration it looks like Kyousuke actually succeeded in protecting Kirino's head from hitting the ground. In the anime scene, he's actually in a position that should have caused her even more harm than just the fall would have. Awkward.
DJ Trouble is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 09:48   Link #162
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanibas View Post
But you have to recall that Kuroneko in episode 3 said that she had to help her little sister take a bath. Why in the world would Ayase need help taking a bath?
I don't know, but I'm very grateful to you for planting that image in my head...
Guardian Enzo is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 09:52   Link #163
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Well, either way I think it's pretty obvious that Ayase has a hidden side to her, and it's probably not one that's "good" for our protagonists because she's the obvious source of drama for this arc. Honestly, it she turns out to also be a hidden otaku or otherwise just really supportive then she has no reason to exist in the story. She's going to screw things up here, the only question is how.
Clarste is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 09:59   Link #164
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, either way I think it's pretty obvious that Ayase has a hidden side to her, and it's probably not one that's "good" for our protagonists because she's the obvious source of drama for this arc. Honestly, it she turns out to also be a hidden otaku or otherwise just really supportive then she has no reason to exist in the story. She's going to screw things up here, the only question is how.
Her being an Otaku as well wouldn't really contribute much to the story, I agree, but how many other reasons would there be for her to be near the event? Still, I do think it also likely that she was there just by coincidence, and that was in fact the first impression I had when I saw her there. I think she might get jealous and betrayed that Kirino is involved with so many people she didn't know about and that she's revealed her true self to these people who she met online rather than her best friend. She doesn't neccessarily need a bad side to her for that.
Tsuyoshi is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 10:12   Link #165
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
Maybe she works as cosplayer at Comiket . I hope it won't be a pure coincidence . It's the Comiket after all .
-Sho- is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 10:17   Link #166
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Maybe she works as cosplayer at Comiket . I hope it won't be a pure coincidence . It's the Comiket after all .
That would make sense. She is a model, and it's not impossible that they asked her to dress up as a certain character.
Tsuyoshi is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 10:18   Link #167
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Maybe she works as cosplayer at Comiket . I hope it won't be a pure coincidence . It's the Comiket after all .
I say she was in that suit they mentioned as they were waiting on line.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 10:24   Link #168
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Her being an Otaku as well wouldn't really contribute much to the story, I agree, but how many other reasons would there be for her to be near the event? Still, I do think it also likely that she was there just by coincidence, and that was in fact the first impression I had when I saw her there. I think she might get jealous and betrayed that Kirino is involved with so many people she didn't know about and that she's revealed her true self to these people who she met online rather than her best friend. She doesn't neccessarily need a bad side to her for that.
I never said she had a "bad" side, just hidden side that isn't "good" or supportive. Jealousy like you mention would satisfy that requirement.
Clarste is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 10:27   Link #169
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I never said she had a "bad" side, just hidden side that isn't "good" or supportive. Jealousy like you mention would satisfy that requirement.
Yes but it's not something that she always had, as if she did not like Kirino associating with anyone but her, like Kirino's otaku complex, Saori's apparent wealth and possible hidden good looks and so on. Not quite a hidden side to her character. It would be something that cropped up on the spot. The song implies Ayase wants to know Kirino's true self, but being her best friend, she was hoping that perhaps she would be the first one Kirino would open herself to aside from her brother.
Tsuyoshi is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 10:31   Link #170
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Yes but it's not something that she always had, as if she did not like Kirino associating with anyone but her, like Kirino's otaku complex, Saori's apparent wealth and possible hidden good looks and so on. Not quite a hidden side to her character. It would be something that cropped up on the spot. The song implies Ayase wants to know Kirino's true self, but being her best friend, she was hoping that perhaps she would be the first one Kirino would open herself to aside from her brother.
That kind of thing would necessarily exist prior to this event, emotions like that don't pop out of nowhere. I guess you would call it insecurity or something.
Clarste is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 10:36   Link #171
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
That kind of thing would necessarily exist prior to this event, emotions like that don't pop out of nowhere. I guess you would call it insecurity or something.
Of course, those feelings did exist before. Seeing her with other people was the catalyst that allowed those feelings to manifest themselves. She felt jealous when she saw Kirino with the others, so it was not something that was there from the start because that would mean Ayase knew Kirino was with them since before. As you say, it's closer to insecurity but I don't think she was afraid Kirino would let anyone else aside from her brother know about her true self, which is why she would feel betrayed by her.
Tsuyoshi is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 10:59   Link #172
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Of course, those feelings did exist before. Seeing her with other people was the catalyst that allowed those feelings to manifest themselves. She felt jealous when she saw Kirino with the others, so it was not something that was there from the start because that would mean Ayase knew Kirino was with them since before. As you say, it's closer to insecurity but I don't think she was afraid Kirino would let anyone else aside from her brother know about her true self, which is why she would feel betrayed by her.
Hmm, it's possible, jealousy and insecurity over finding Kirino opening up her secrets to some other friends and her brother instead of her, who is supposed to be her best friends make a bit of sense. In that case, the reason she's asking for Kyousuke's would be to have another person closer to Kirino at home when she's not there, so that he can be her eyes and ears in order to be able to be closer to Kirino. Still, such aggressive behavior just to be her best friends really makes me bring out my yuri goggles, especially with the word love in the song makes it seem that it's not really platonic...
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 11:16   Link #173
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Her being an Otaku as well wouldn't really contribute much to the story, I agree, but how many other reasons would there be for her to be near the event? Still, I do think it also likely that she was there just by coincidence, and that was in fact the first impression I had when I saw her there. I think she might get jealous and betrayed that Kirino is involved with so many people she didn't know about and that she's revealed her true self to these people who she met online rather than her best friend. She doesn't neccessarily need a bad side to her for that.
Tokyo Big Sight is huge. On any given weekend, even with a huge event like Comiket happening there's always at least one other special event in another pavillion, plus all the permanent stuff that people go to see. So it's certainly theoretically possible Ayase was there for another unrelated reason. Alternatively, she could have been following (I won't use the "S" word yet) Kirino and/or Kyousuke. I think either of those is more likely than the closet otaku theory, at least based on the story so far. We'll see.
Guardian Enzo is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 11:36   Link #174
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Any speculation of why Ayase there and what's wrong with her? If i have to guess, she can be either one of these:
- an otaku
- love cosplay
- have brother complex
- have sister complex
- a fan of incest relationship
- yuri character
- a stalker who's after Kirino
- like to observe friends romance (like that girl in Mitsudio)
- poor, have to work during the break
- manga artist
I prefer that simply because stalkers are awesome.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 11:57   Link #175
SkoolRumble4Ya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
If she was a stalker then she would of found out about Kirino hobby but that would be crazy though.

Damn Kirino is so mean but that's what makes this show great. I hope they won' go on the path of incest.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 13:00   Link #176
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
It's awkward enough that you land on your sister with your thigh in her crotch and a hand on her chest, but why would you stay like that for a full, what 30 seconds? while you hear her friends coming down the steps and catch you like this.

Oh whatever.

Also, my little sister's best friend can't be this suspicious.
KROMEangel is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 13:27   Link #177
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
If she was a stalker then she would of found out about Kirino hobby but that would be crazy though.

Damn Kirino is so mean but that's what makes this show great. I hope they won' go on the path of incest.
Then to avoid raging, you should probably quit while you're ahead and come back if the coasts are clear
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 13:38   Link #178
SkoolRumble4Ya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Too late there is no going back since this show is too funny and I already started
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 13:46   Link #179
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
There's a lot of circumstancial evidence connecting Ayase and Kyousuke in both a somewhat disturbing way yet interesting nonetheless.

True or false, I only hope the next episode makes up for this mediocre one.
__________________


TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3
HitoriTomoyo is offline  
Old 2010-10-26, 14:38   Link #180
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Hmm, it's possible, jealousy and insecurity over finding Kirino opening up her secrets to some other friends and her brother instead of her, who is supposed to be her best friends make a bit of sense. In that case, the reason she's asking for Kyousuke's would be to have another person closer to Kirino at home when she's not there, so that he can be her eyes and ears in order to be able to be closer to Kirino. Still, such aggressive behavior just to be her best friends really makes me bring out my yuri goggles, especially with the word love in the song makes it seem that it's not really platonic...
I don't think she would be aggravated by her brother knowing Kirino's secret. He is her brother after all and she may understand this. As I said, I think she took his number so that she would get some advice from him on how to get her to open up to her more. I doubt she would bear him any resentments for being the first one to know about Kirino, especially if she's unaware of what kind of relationship he has with his sister.
Tsuyoshi is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.