AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 27 30.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 10.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 5.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-10-30, 07:43   Link #121
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
We have room for "that" arc, in fact it will be perfect to conclude S1...
Unless they fill S1 up with lots of anime original... that's what i worry about (if they can do with 11 minutes...who can be sure that they not gonna make another 44... D: )
A few weeks ago, I checked the official website.
A certain "totally average girl" was listed in the characters, just before Sora's faceset. She isn't here anymore.
I don't know what that means...

Is the anime team hiding the next chars, since the 2nd seaon's teaser "disaster"?
Or do they really plan on 4 girls + a galge gal for 12 eps (i.e 2 girls for 8 eps) ?

I sincerely hope it's the first.
There's still plenty of manga material. And it would be totally stupid to stall things right now.

They could still animated the omakes.
But it will only give them one episode at best.

EDIT :
If the merchandises are an indication, there's still 2 remaining girls to go...

http://kaminomi.jp/cd/index.html

btw, really nice drawings. Mio is especially gorgeous. :3
mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 07:49   Link #122
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans

Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992 Send a message via Skype™ to dave1992
this is stupid...

we're actually watching someone playing bad game, that's all...
dave1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 07:55   Link #123
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
I actually liked the episode, because it showed how a game can turn out badly when it's suppose to be one of the most "anticipated" games...
Kinda like Final Fantasy (some number) Online... which was suppose to be one of the best game... turns out to be the worst game, and it send their stocks down by more than $200 in just one month... (and it's still decreasing, it's only a matter of time before SE have to drop Final Fantasy and come up with a game that will save them... just like Final Fantasy saved them in the past...)
Yes, last Final Fantasy was a huge "Prepare for Disappoint" content-wise
If they do such an uber-lame number once more, then the next "Final Fantasy" is "Final" indeed XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
So let me say this in Keima's style

I can already see the ending. Manglobe will announce an expansion of the TWGOK series from the announced earlier 13 eps into 24 eps.

Actually i got another theory on how they will fit the girls into 13 eps, but i rather want to believe in things i mentioned above.
I would also prefer having a long 24/26 ep season now rather than a short 13 one now and another short 13 one later... but sadly, the latter currently seems to be more likely
Old 2010-10-30, 08:19   Link #124
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Well its truly a pain for the long wait, i'd rather if they juz combine the whole thing into 26 eps instead.

But then, its welcomed for them to make 26 eps for 9 girls. More show time and balance for each arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
^ No. It is split-2-cour project, and it will have 9 girls only. Additional sequel after 24/26 episode of two season is yet to be confirmed, as Wakaki said it will be determined by DVD/BD sales.

Unfortunately, pre-order figure doesn't look too good. I was pretty surprised, since I thought this will at least do cult-hit.
Ah i see... so that makes it 26 eps split into 2 seasons (Fall 2010 and Spring 2011), with both seasons focus on only 9 girls as shown in the PV, if i get your words right right?

Well then the problem about it being cramped is solved then. I believe its more than enough to have 4-5 girls for 13 eps, and the remaining girls for the next 13 eps. More than enough actually, but its gonna be a long pain in the ass wait before Hakua makes her appearance
Old 2010-10-30, 08:22   Link #125
Kafriel
Senior Guest

This episode was really funny, oddest part had to be Keima running in the gym with a volley ball in hand while people were throwing ricecakes at him 0_0
It also had a touch of serious though, as long as the chance isn't 0%, Keima is willing to go for the capture, and at the end he finally got...rewarded for the whole day he spent in the bug hell
Old 2010-10-30, 08:39   Link #126
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Well its truly a pain for the long wait, i'd rather if they juz combine the whole thing into 26 eps instead.

But then, its welcomed for them to make 26 eps for 9 girls. More show time and balance for each arc.

Ah i see... so that makes it 26 eps split into 2 seasons (Fall 2010 and Spring 2011), with both seasons focus on only 9 girls as shown in the PV, if i get your words right right?

Well then the problem about it being cramped is solved then. I believe its more than enough to have 4-5 girls for 13 eps, and the remaining girls for the next 13 eps. More than enough actually, but its gonna be a long pain in the ass wait before
Spoiler for spoiler:
Tsk, tsk... Don't mention stuff from later in the manga in this thread. Or at least be evasive about it.

As for that person you refer to waiting for, check out the spoiler thread for some speculation on when she might show up.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-10-30 at 12:12.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 08:43   Link #127
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

The good thing about TWGoK is... we know for sure that as long as you like the first few arcs and the general direction they are heading to, then it would only get better and better by each episodes/chapters... Recent manga releases for example... was probably the best thing that i read recently in its genre

Like playing a game where you wholeheartedly enjoy the original version, and then feel more and more amazing with new patches. Or at least that's how i feel
Old 2010-10-30, 09:42   Link #128
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Tsk, tsk... Don't mention stuff from later in the manga in this thread. Or at least be evasive about it.

As for that person you refer to waiting for, check out the spoiler thread for some speculation on when she might show up.
I don't know.. since the PV already shown it, so i guess its okay to juz say out her name here. At least no following details in it.
Old 2010-10-30, 10:44   Link #129
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Knock it off with the spoilers and speculation everyone.

Or at least put it in spoiler tags.

I will post my theory on how the adaption will be paced over in the spoiler thread.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 11:27   Link #130
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

Unfortunately, pre-order figure doesn't look too good. I was pretty surprised, since I thought this will at least do cult-hit.
Such a pity...
Can you link the source? Thanks. ^^
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 12:46   Link #131
Francismeunier
Banned

GIFs will be posted soon of this I did the master set as I call it. Among the many good things of the episode.......the teacher's clothing being gay are one the ones and especially the way his face is when he was yelling at Keima here=>

On other news Sora was gorgeous here=>
Spoiler:

More to come later but it was a heck of a funny episode.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 13:09   Link #132
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^Such a shame Keima didn't get to see that after what he went through
Old 2010-10-30, 14:05   Link #133
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^Such a shame Keima didn't get to see that after what he went through
I know, It was beautiful and Sora was splendid! Especially during the bicycle ride. But you should be because in the end.......
Keima did save her!

He was thus the only one who finished the game.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 17:28   Link #134
totoum
Gamer

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Wow

As an anime only viewer I found the first 3 episodes ok but not great,I decided to keep on watching because a lot of manga readers talkied about how great the manga was.

I watch this episode,loved it,it gave me more laughs than the previous three episodes combined.

So I go here to tell manga readers "you guys were right,this show can be great"...only to find a bunch of manga readers complaining
Old 2010-10-30, 18:48   Link #135
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Wow

As an anime only viewer I found the first 3 episodes ok but not great,I decided to keep on watching because a lot of manga readers talkied about how great the manga was.

I watch this episode,loved it,it gave me more laughs than the previous three episodes combined.

So I go here to tell manga readers "you guys were right,this show can be great"...only to find a bunch of manga readers complaining
Hey, I also liked it. But that's also because I'm not stuck up on all the adaptation business. As much as us manga readers can assure you it will "get better," it doesn't mean all that much if you can't enjoy it right now.

But it does get better, so stick along if you can.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 19:05   Link #136
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Wow

It can still be great with all of our complaints through. We are all perfectionist and you can't really make a perfect adaptation ...

Joking aside, i'm glad that the general reception from anime only viewer has been positive. Many of us manga readers found the manga to be underrated, and as stated, the show do get better and better as the chapter# go up. That's why sometime we try too hard to... eh.. complaint about the anime so anime viewers...hmm.. have nothing else to complaint on...
Old 2010-10-30, 20:40   Link #137
paladinenvec

Quote:
Wow

=p many ppl that complain about the chapter are not manga readers, i'm a manga reader too and i loved this chap =), anyway many ppl tend to criticize every second and every draw on animes, i prefer to enjoy the chapter.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 00:35   Link #138
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
=p many ppl that complain about the chapter are not manga readers, i'm a manga reader too and i loved this chap =), anyway many ppl tend to criticize every second and every draw on animes, i prefer to enjoy the chapter.
I don't know aout that. The two loudest critics I've seen in this thread are both, as far as I can tell, ardent manga readers. Fans tend to be the loudest critics, because they have the most invested. But it's just like anything else. Some people are going to like it, and some people aren't. The reasons for each always vary.
Old 2010-10-31, 02:51   Link #139
Jarmel

I've been impressed by Manglobe so far with the adaptation. One thing I love is the artistic style in that the colors in the show seem very vibrant to me.

To me this show is a lead up to Deadman Wonderland in that I wanted to see how Manglobe would adapt a manga and they haven't let me down so far.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 03:09   Link #140
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I don't know aout that. The two loudest critics I've seen in this thread are both, as far as I can tell, ardent manga readers. Fans tend to be the loudest critics, because they have the most invested. But it's just like anything else. Some people are going to like it, and some people aren't. The reasons for each always vary.
Well , even if two ppl post and argue that much and become the loudest critics they're still only 2 ppl , anyway, its matter of different point of view as you say,no matter what you do you won't please all the viewers, anyway this episode came with a good thing to the forum 7 pages and counting for one episode i hope that it keeps like that in the next chapters hehe.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote