AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-26, 09:06   Link #361
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Somehow Yuuko reminded me more of Miyuki from Lucky Star; she had her phobias, but she seemed more laid-back and self-confident than Mio.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 12:32   Link #362
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
True, there's no need to compare it to Nichijou, but I'll just say that I somehow lost interest in that show, but eagerly awaited each new episode of this one.
Definitely the same here. It just makes me sad that the undisputed best slice-of-life this season has to sit second to the more "trendy" one because of how people are, but those are the breaks.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 12:36   Link #363
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Somehow Yuuko reminded me more of Miyuki from Lucky Star; she had her phobias, but she seemed more laid-back and self-confident than Mio.
But Yuuko and Mio both have "victim" written all over them. Miyuki didn't.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 12:48   Link #364
uis

Oh well the anime is very soothing and a good normal slice of life show but it don't entertaint me much maybe because lack of comedy and Tooru and Rin always annoy me with dojikko and overprotective moment...

Anyway i glad i am watching this anime... I am start watching this anime because i pick the manga before and like Yuuko and try to watch this anime...

At first i really like Yuuko because Bukimin kansai dialect is awesome but as stories progressed i start like Nagi because she is awesome meganekko and i always laugh about her dieting joke...

Now the anime is finished and i really like durian burger joke in the end... but the anime don't satisfied me much (because only care Yuuko, Nagi and Yutaka joke)... Oh well 6/10 from me...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 10:34   Link #365
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

A-Channel - some final thoughts

That was a pleasant experience. While A-Channel brings nothing new to the table, it makes up by offering endearing characters, solid production quality, and a good execution. It boggles my mind how an anime based off a 4-panel comic can possibly offer decent character interaction and riveting light drama, but A-Channel and K-On have both shown that it's possible.

All the main characters were likable to some extent, except Yuuko. After the first episode I expected to hate Tooru but she has since become my favorite character. I still think she should respect Yuuko more, but that's for the (possible) 2nd season to deal with. Nagi is a runner-up; I enjoy her down-to-earth and semi-lazy nature. Run's silly character wouldn't be very fascinating by itself, but her friendship with Tooru truly makes her shine. Yuuko unfortunately was the worst for me, because although she didn't have any hatable characteristics and was a decent, moral person, in the context of the show she was merely defined by the awkward and embarrassing situations she was forced into.

I'll allocate this a 5/10. I feel eager to raise the rating to 6/10, but this show wasn't much different than well-salted popcorn in delicious butter. If only every steak had such delicious butter...
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Santa Company
Isshuukan Friends
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Miss Monochrome: The Animation
The Little Mermaid (1975)
Space Dandy
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 16:44   Link #366
justsomeguy

This was not one of the shows I was anticipating 3 months ago since I don't go for slice of life 4koma adaptations, but it turned out to be the first I watched every week. I'm not really sure what it is I like about it, though, other than to say that:

* the character interactions were awesome
* Tooru owned the show as the taciturn yuri loli troll.
* Nagi was great, alternating between trolling and being trolled.
* Yuuko was hilarious as the buttmonkey.
* Run was the weakest character, since her airheadedness was unbelievable. Good thing the producers seemed to know this, since she played support and rarely appeared alone in any scene. The alien dream in the last episode would have actually made a great twist ending.
* not enough of Yutaka and Miporin. They never interacted with Tooru's other friends, either.
* not enough of the teachers.
* the OP and ED were great. The insert song each episode was also a unique(?) touch.

I can easily give this show 8.5 out of 10. A second season will definitely be welcome.

Currently playing: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon; Ys Memories of Celceta
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 02:49   Link #367
FDW
AH.com Ambassador

This series was kind of mediocre to me, so 7.5/10.
Old 2011-06-28, 08:27   Link #368
Candyshark

Enjoyable show thanks to very good execution, awesome cast, everything was on their place, great continuity. Huge props to staff. Even though most jokes didn't make me laugh. Characters kept me smiling especially teachers. I wish they threw Sugita and Gotou Yoko in the bunch.
Yuuko was my favourite girl. Caring, honest, supportive, diligent girl and her victim role wasn't overused. Minako really suits her nicely.

P.S. white lanced>shimapan.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 12:07   Link #369
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Thanks to omimon in the Denpa Onna thread, we have a list of preliminary BD/DVD sales for this season's shows, and A-Channel does, I guess you'd say, "okay," at just over 6000 sold. I was floored by how low Nichijou was, under 1000:
Spoiler for preliminary Spring Anime First Volume Sales:
My own favorite shows of the season, more or less in order, are Denpa Onna, Steins;Gate, A Channel, Hanasaku Iroha, AnoHana, Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi, and Astarotte. Tiger & Bunny is good, but not to my taste.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 11:42   Link #370
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
The main cast here recorded a brief video that was posted on the official site just before the final episode aired. I'm sorry, the NicoNico version didn't come with the ability to embed it in a web page, so here are links:

NicoNico (requires registration).
official site (slow).

Left to right: Kotobuki Minako (Yuuko), Fukuhara Kaori (Run), Yuuki Aoi (Tooru, with baseball bat), Uchiyama Yumi (Nagi).
If they were to cosplay as their respective characters - even if no wigs were involved, just costumes and eventual accessories - I think that all four of them could easily look the part.
Old 2011-06-29, 13:09   Link #371
winkel

Quote:
Thanks to omimon in the Denpa Onna thread, we have a list of preliminary BD/DVD sales for this season's shows, and A-Channel does, I guess you'd say, "okay," at just over 6000 sold.
Looking at that chart, I think it did fine, exactly in line with expectations. The 3 shows at the top are pretty much the mainstream/bit hit shows of this season, and they all deserve it. The ones in the middle, the 6000 range ones are definitely where A-channel most fits in with, so I'm nor worried.

Quote:
I was floored by how low Nichijou was, under 1000
All show, no substance.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 04:32   Link #372
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I Lolled at Durian Burger.. Seriously?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 21:02   Link #373
Qikz

I really enjoyed A-Channel, I hope they make a second season!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 04:52   Link #374
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Well specials 3 and 4 were amusing. 3 showed us more of the teachers, though Satou was even creepier than normal , and 4 had a nice interaction between Run and Tooru, though was fun to see Tooru being scared for once .
Konakaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 06:14   Link #375
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2011-07-02, 11:48   Link #376
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I know it's kinda late to ask that, but I wonder how close Run and Tooru were, in that year they were in different schools? It's not like they'd stop visiting each other, but Tooru seemed really glad to be in the same school. And she'd never met Yuuko and Nagi.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 07:19   Link #377
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

It was never delved upon .. even in the manga.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-07-10, 18:40   Link #378
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Has the series of A Channel live streamed seiyuu talk show videos been mentioned here? They are available both on the official site and on NicoNico Douga. Ten enjoyable 15-20 minute specials featuring Fukuhara Kaori, Yuuki Aoi (not in episodes 1-3), Kotobuki Minako, and Uchiyama Yumi. Ao-chan and Mina-chan seem to have become friends during their Hyakka Ryouran radio show, and I imagine I see them often looking to each other during this show.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-07-10 at 19:07.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 21:02   Link #379
poisui

I finally finished episode 12. I ended up really liking the series. <:

Nagi and Yuuko are so cute. <:
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 08:33   Link #380
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Has the series of A Channel live streamed seiyuu talk show videos been mentioned here? They are available both on the official site and on NicoNico Douga. Ten enjoyable 15-20 minute specials featuring Fukuhara Kaori, Yuuki Aoi (not in episodes 1-3), Kotobuki Minako, and Uchiyama Yumi. Ao-chan and Mina-chan seem to have become friends during their Hyakka Ryouran radio show, and I imagine I see them often looking to each other during this show.
Ah.. I was seeing sneak peek here and there for it.. but never seen it in full.. thanks KC.

edit:
oh.. whole sets.. many many thanks ^^

psst.. KC.. there's a little sphere video I posted in laugh a day thread
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by KiNA; 2011-07-19 at 08:45.

Tags
comedy, manga time kirara, moe, school life, seinen, slice of life