AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Old 2010-10-31, 12:34   Link #181
kitten320

I wonder if everyone got their body parts back... Yamamoto was stated to have lost his hand, probably because it became a burned powder (Duno why they didn't ask Orihime for help).
However Hitsugaya has his hand and leg back, probaly because they were not destroyed...

What means... is Soi Fon missng her hand too then? 0_o
After all there definetly is nothing left of it...
Old 2010-10-31, 13:08   Link #182
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Orihime still can't reject certain things, Haachi probably could though...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 13:28   Link #183
secretzfan
*Fansubber

I wonder if Orihime has jsut stop using her powers now I mean especially with all the peace she likely gave them up
Old 2010-10-31, 13:43   Link #184
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I wonder if everyone got their body parts back... Yamamoto was stated to have lost his hand, probably because it became a burned powder (Duno why they didn't ask Orihime for help).
However Hitsugaya has his hand and leg back, probaly because they were not destroyed...

What means... is Soi Fon missng her hand too then? 0_o
After all there definetly is nothing left of it...
Well we do know that it would not matter if the arm was completely destroyed seeing as Orihime was able to regenerate Grimjow's arm after Tousen completely destroyed it
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 15:39   Link #185
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate

Quote:
Eh? When did Hitsu lose a hand and a leg?
Old 2010-10-31, 15:46   Link #186
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Chapter 393, after Aizen K.O.'d the 4 Captains and was saying he wont kill them.

EDIT: Random question, but was the street Ichigo beat the thug in this chapter the same as the one where he beat up the gang in chapter one?
Old 2010-10-31, 18:09   Link #187
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
if she can only reject those weaker than herself then people more powerful than herself would techncially count since when they are dead or have no reaitsu they are weaker than her...
That's very true. Afterall, when you're dead, your dead. And you inevitably end up becoming just as powerless as every other dead person. However, it's important to keep in mind that death in this case is somewhat of an irrelevant issue here. Because when it comes to resurrecting the dead, by default it implies she needs the power necessary to restore their *life* -- And that's where things tend to get tricky and complicated. Because as you and I seem to both agree on, spiritual beings can vary greatly in power. In other words, there's plenty of spiritual beings in Bleach who's mere spiritual presence and existence alone dwarfs Orihime's (and Loly and Menoli's for that matter ). And therefore, individuals like them might be a lot more difficult to bring back with her limited amount of spiritual power.

Quote:
if anything she should be able to atleast restore them and to a portion of their power
That's a good point. But if I had to make an excuse, I'd say that maybe it has to do with the differences between rejecting death (and restoring the soul), vs rejecting and restoring things such as fatigue, missing limbs or wounds. When it comes to rejecting trivial matters such as the latter, you can afford to restore them back to partial condition. To give you an example, Ichigo would still be alive and would still be Ichigo regardless of whether Orihime restores half his energy or all of it. But when it comes to restoring an individuals very existence and soul, it might be an all-or-nothing type of ordeal. That is to say, she can't simply restore half or a quarter of Ichigo's soul and expect it to revive him. She either has the power needed to restore the individuals complete existence, or she doesn't. There's no in-between. (which kind of makes sense I suppose. I mean you're either dead or alive, right?) So if the individuals existence proved too powerful for her to handle, then she can't effectively revive them.

I think I'll stop here. Pulling stuff out of my ass for Kubo's sake isn't something I take much pleasure in doing believe it or not. Feel free to poke more holes into what I stated though. I don't mind.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 18:13   Link #188
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Look you guys are overthinking this the reason that Orihime has not restored their abilities is the same reason as always:

Kubo forgot who that person was.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 18:20   Link #189
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Look you guys are overthinking this the reason that Orihime has not restored their abilities is the same reason as always:

Now you've lost your head Kubo isn't a short term memory lost (He is a long term as he can't rember things from the beginning of the plot) although we haven't seen Orihime in a while it is very unlikely he forgot about her.

Unless somebody new really is writing Bleach
Old 2010-10-31, 18:37   Link #190
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

ichigo has sideburns .........O_O.......... thought ide let you guys know

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 18:39   Link #191
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post

^^lol. I get it. For the record, I tend to overthink things like this out of some kind of attempt to salvage some of the image and integrity of the characters I hold so dear. In Orihime and Aizen's case, I actually like those characters. So at times, I feel the need to try to justify certain things in their defense to keep Kubo from making them look like complete and total morons to me.
Old 2010-10-31, 19:03   Link #192
kitten320

Quote:
Well we do know that it would not matter if the arm was completely destroyed seeing as Orihime was able to regenerate Grimjow's arm after Tousen completely destroyed it
Then why Yamamoto doesn't have one back?
Old 2010-10-31, 19:15   Link #193
Slayerx

Quote:
Well the whole point of these strings of conversation was about Orihime and plot holes...
So you should know my answer to that...
Old 2010-10-31, 22:46   Link #194
TheRime

Quote:
The thing is though, her power is essentially the rejection of god, the rejection of events... It's supposedly even more powerful and complicated than reversing time (unless Aizen lied for no reason... again).
That might actually be pretty likely. Wasn't her whole kidnap a ruse? So he might've out made her abilities to be more powerful than they really are, just to keep up with it.

Quote:
What means... is Soi Fon missng her hand too then? 0_o After all there definetly is nothing left of it...
Well, she's Stealth Force, right? There's just less of her now, more easy to hide and sneak up on someone. ^_^

Quote:
I can't imagine him asking Orihime to fix it for him. He seems like someone who's proud of his battle scars. Soifon, too.
TheRime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 23:12   Link #195
Wargumm1i
Jinchuuriki

Im having a real difficult time figuring out which path the story is taking. I mean the new guy who appeared knowing who Ichigo is? The new protector of the Town? The new enemy? a Zero squad member?
Old 2010-10-31, 23:29   Link #196
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
That might actually be pretty likely. Wasn't her whole kidnap a ruse? So he might've out made her abilities to be more powerful than they really are, just to keep up with it.
It's not likely he made it up. Aizen anticipated that the higher-ups in Soul Society were already very well aware of the true nature of Orihime's ability and the potential it possessed. That's the only reason his plan worked out in the first place. So if Aizen was lying about the truth of her abilities, it'd be very difficult to explain Soul Society's decisions and course of action. Especially since Aizen was no longer in direct control of Soul Society's government (via central 46) by the time the decision was made.

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that Aizen wasn't the only one who can vouch for the validity of her incredibly hax ability. Soul Society's government and the actions they took are also proof enough. And then there's the more obvious piece of evidence I neglected to mention. Before she got better at using her powers, she used to have to recite the words of the fairy she was summoning followed up with the words "I reject" -- a phrase which alluded to the true nature of her power. It's almost as if Kubo actually planned that aspect of the story out well in advance. It also almost sounds too good to be true.
Old 2010-11-01, 06:36   Link #197
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Im having a real difficult time figuring out which path the story is taking. I mean the new guy who appeared knowing who Ichigo is? The new protector of the Town? The new enemy? a Zero squad member?
At best he is The new protector of the Town? The new enemy?
Old 2010-11-01, 10:40   Link #198
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
no, much like Aizen's first lie there was no reason for him to lie (which is how you know his first lie was just BS retcon to explain Aizen's new backstory as it relates to ichigo)... The ones he told that "lie" to were his own minions; He had no reason to lie to them, so lying about Orihime's powers would be utterly pointless. His lie would only make sense is if he told this to SS so that they would take his bait...
Old 2010-11-01, 14:31   Link #199
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

some ranting about this chpt (not me btw)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGYQ3bzLJHM

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 15:36   Link #200
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koguma za View Post
some ranting about this chpt (not me btw)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGYQ3bzLJHM
ha, check out the comments on the video....just hilarious.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion