AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-23, 12:26   Link #1981
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikanoru View Post
So much confusion. How much longer are we going to hear conflicting reports on whether it's canceled or not?
Yeah, kind of weird that Madoka became so chaotic right as it started to hit its peak (Madoka 10 was exceptionally popular and well-received, then later the very same day things turn upside down with the earthquake). Shaft might make some great anime, but they're not very good at keeping people updated with what the hell's going on with said anime. I have no idea why Urobuchi thought airing the episode today would be possible if it in fact won't be released until mid-April (Around three weeks away), or the reason behind such a delay, whether it's because they're having trouble finishing the episode or because they're trying to be politically correct. I got straighter answers from the girl that strung me along for six months not wanting to admit she didn't like me back.

Eh, I guess things are okay this way though... I'm still confused as fuck about everything, but mid-April isn't that far away. Of course, the key word there is 'aiming.' Hopefully come that time we won't get an "Oh sorry guys, we're still not ready. The episode will totally be ready come mid-May, though!"
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 12:33   Link #1982
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
While I do agree that I'd rather have a proper ending instead of a rushed one, I'm getting increasingly annoyed at the way SHAFT handles it. The longer it's dragged out without proper explanation, the more the mood and continuity of the show gets lost. I do NOT want to have another Bakemonogatari style disaster (which ruined alot of the show for me tbh)

I only hope that they're not starting with self-censorship over the current situation in JP. Then I wouldn't be annoyed, I'd be royally pissed.
Mentar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 12:55   Link #1983
v1cious
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
So after this recent delay, is anyone else actually starting to fear censorship? I mean I know people insist it won't happen, but it wouldn't surprised me at all, given how nihilistic this series has become. Shaft wouldn't postpone the series for this long unless something was going down.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 13:00   Link #1984
MartianMage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: outer space
Last episode is mid April... so meaning episode 11 would be around April 1 - 8 if all goes well... unless they air episodes 11 and 12 at the same day of course...
__________________
Homura: Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
Kyubey: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Homura: Tribute? You steal girls's souls, and make them your slaves!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 13:17   Link #1985
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
So after this recent delay, is anyone else actually starting to fear censorship? I mean I know people insist it won't happen, but it wouldn't surprised me at all, given how nihilistic this series has become. Shaft wouldn't postpone the series for this long unless something was going down.
Well, we don't really have ways to know whether the plot is really being altered or not...the staff will never admit it, and it's not like they will have two versions of the ending...

So, unless it's way too obvious, I will just try to treat myself better and think that there is no censorship whatsoever ....
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 15:11   Link #1986
jeena32449
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
curser madoka set



http://www.mediafire.com/?gwrlcl2pn62hvxe
jeena32449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 16:10   Link #1987
Riou17
Red☆Crystal
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: At home
The last two episodes are probably finished but can't show it because of the disaster. It's still a bad timing with the current state Japan is now. A possible problem with that hiatus is that the longer Madoka is put on hiatus, changes might be made into it. It might stray off from the original, and the ending might be a bit of a let-down to others (the hiatus might build up higher expectations on other people).

Anyway, I was really, really expecting episode 11 tomorrow and then found out that it's on hold until mid-April. It's like waiting for the last volume of Haruhi and just to realize that it's already been 2 years (or more) since the last volume. >_<
__________________
Riou17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 16:16   Link #1988
xizro345
King's Justice
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I personally don't care if Madoka stays "big" or not, I'm simply interested in the series as it is. In fact, I don't plan to buy the BDs due to excessive price and lack of notable features (for its price, that is).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 16:26   Link #1989
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Age: 29
Re: the streaming, I guess Urobuchi Gen apologized on twitter for being too "optimistic".

Insert Joke Here.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 16:30   Link #1990
Nikanoru
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Well, we don't really have ways to know whether the plot is really being altered or not...the staff will never admit it, and it's not like they will have two versions of the ending...

So, unless it's way too obvious, I will just try to treat myself better and think that there is no censorship whatsoever ....
Hmmm I think if the ending was going to be changed, somehow it would become known at some point, if not now then in the future.
Nikanoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 16:32   Link #1991
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
I doubt the airing is being held back due to sensitivity to victims of the earthquake. It's more likely that the episodes had animation issues and a delay to finish it up made sense because everything else was being canceled in droves at that point (and honestly, there were/are more important things to worry about). Now it's ready to air, but it's not as simple as pushing one show aside to make room for another, and I'm sure Shaft has contracts regarding airing rights and a whole bunch of legal junk to work through.

I believe Gen was pretty sure it would stream on Nico but he's not the guy in charge of making decisions either. It probably was going to air, but got pulled at the last minute, possibly because the TV broadcasts were contracted to air first. MBS (the station that airs it first) is listed as a partner for the show.

Anyway, if they're shooting for mid April at the latest for episode 12, then we only have to wait a week, two at the most, for episode 11 to air. I guess a month isn't too bad of a wait, all things considering.
__________________

Last edited by Solace; 2011-03-23 at 16:39. Reason: Grammah. I probably failed anyway.
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 17:01   Link #1992
MartianMage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: outer space
Also in case there are changes being made... change != bad.

Don't care if they revise the ending and whatnot as long as episode 11 and 12 maintains the quality they've been giving us so far.
__________________
Homura: Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
Kyubey: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Homura: Tribute? You steal girls's souls, and make them your slaves!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 17:01   Link #1993
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikanoru View Post
Hmmm I think if the ending was going to be changed, somehow it would become known at some point, if not now then in the future.
you got a point...maybe in the future we will know more whether the ending got edited, but at that time I would probably move to other things so it won't be my concern anymore XD

So, as long as they make it not so obvious (Something like it's just a plan by Kyubey to test the bond and friendship of humans and at the end Madoka proves to Kyubey that love conquers all so Kyubey resets everything and everyone has a happy ending ) then I would be okay with it XD
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 17:11   Link #1994
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
There's at least ONE advantage to it: I'm fairly convinced that Urobuchi Gen would say so if he felt pressured to compromise on his script more than he's willing to. He's the type for that, and he has developed the clout to pull it off.

That doesn't mean that SHAFT might not eventually overrule him, but at least it wouldn't stay unnoticed. Hard to tell what's going on inside their brains at the moment. Just praying that they're not going to make some stupid trollish decisions (like KyoAni did with Endless Eight) and rather finish the show properly.
Mentar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 17:14   Link #1995
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Where you live... the question is, do you see me?
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I doubt the airing is being held back due to sensitivity to victims of the earthquake. It's more likely that the episodes had animation issues and a delay to finish it up made sense because everything else was being canceled in droves at that point (and honestly, there were/are more important things to worry about). Now it's ready to air, but it's not as simple as pushing one show aside to make room for another, and I'm sure Shaft has contracts regarding airing rights and a whole bunch of legal junk to work through.
If you ask me, the reason behind the delay could be anything. It could be Shaft failing to meet their deadlines, or emotional sensitivity toward earthquake victims, or Urobuchi being unsatisfied with the last two episodes, or an intentional decision to raise hype, or Shaft's computers malfunctioning due to the earthquake, or Shaft employees injured from the earthquake, or Shinbo going through one of his "phases," or all of the above, or...

Certainly, the earthquake can be used as a basis to explain the first week delay. But the second week? Maybe not.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 17:23   Link #1996
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I agree with Deconstructor. It really could be any of those things.

For that matter, maybe Gen himself simply had a change of heart about his story and chose to change the ending. Not out of any sort of special sensitivity for viewers, but because he himself might have been moved by what his country is now going through, and decided to alter the ending to speak to that disaster.

So I'm inclined to more or less agree with Kuroi Sabato. If the ending is one that I would have liked anyway (before this tragic earthquake disaster happened), then I'll still like it now. If I wouldn't have liked it anyway, I still won't like it now.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:01   Link #1997
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
I recall reading that the SHAFT studio was shaken up a bit by the earthquake, so they lost several days just picking up the pieces and tidying everything up. I don't know where they're based, but if they were close enough to have the offices shaken up, there might be power issues reducing working hours.
Then what with two new shows starting next season, there are probably scheduling issues as well.

This is all small beans. It's just an anime series. I'm prepared to be patient.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:23   Link #1998
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your brain
Why people are believing 'ending will be changed'? Urobuchi is the only script writer/screenplayer for this entire series, so there is no way it is going to be altered.

Self censorship won't be the case, too. When they said 'different from regular broadcast', it is most likely that it will be webcasted. No need for censored if they do that unless it is too 'sexy'.
__________________
If anyone attacks Shaft
I will be there to defend it to death.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:46   Link #1999
B2-Lancer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Well, seeing how unorthodox this MG series is, maybe they're being delayed by capping off the series in a complex offbeat way, like maybe a "forked" parallel ending or ending as its own spin-off. (I'd love to see Mami return/resurrected in her own show, like Madoka ending as Mami's "Dallas" moment! Hope they take their time though, even a whole year considering the catastrophe you're in.
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 19:20   Link #2000
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
If you ask me, the reason behind the delay could be anything. It could be Shaft failing to meet their deadlines, or emotional sensitivity toward earthquake victims, or Urobuchi being unsatisfied with the last two episodes, or an intentional decision to raise hype, or Shaft's computers malfunctioning due to the earthquake, or Shaft employees injured from the earthquake, or Shinbo going through one of his "phases," or all of the above, or...

Certainly, the earthquake can be used as a basis to explain the first week delay. But the second week? Maybe not.
All of the things you've mentioned (except the hype), have been known about by fans. Urobochi twittered about seeing episode 11 and the rough animation (a known Shaft problem), Shaft is known for delays even when it isn't a national emergency, some staff were injured and yes the offices were shaken up.

However we know that episode 11 was done at least, and 12 was probably done or close to it as well. Perhaps 12 is the delay reason, as you say, it could be anything. I'm merely pointing out what I think is the likely reason, which is that the episodes are probably done but rescheduling the air dates became a messy affair. Obviously the earthquake didn't help matters, but if Gen was bothered enough to Twitter about episode 11, it's more likely than not Shaft being Shaft combined with the disaster making everything uncertain and screwed up.

We'll probably never know the real reason, so feel free to keep your disagreements.

I really doubt they'll change the last two episodes, but if they do it's doubtful they'll tell the audience, since that would change the audiences impression of the show (this isn't the "true" ending? wtf!).
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.