AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-07-04, 22:00   Link #3581
Sayaka's sandbag
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Oh wow, that sounds even more concrete than the last update on this. And with him actually saying that suggests that he'd stay on as writer?
__________________
Hide your heads, Charlotte's a comin'!!!
Sayaka's sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 03:04   Link #3582
LightDragonman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
That would be cool.

Also, regardless of what you think of the movie it's from, I feel that this theme does fit Homura and maybe even Sayaka pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZtMHSOq50Q
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 08:19   Link #3583
silvercover
Romance Expert
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
huzzah, finally I can get a definite conclusion to the pairings.

this might put my fanfic in indefinite suspension though, as a proper continuation would make my fanfic more invalid than usual.
__________________
my fanfics:
Refractions (madoka magica)
Reversed Connections (BRS)

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 10:40   Link #3584
woxx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: eastern europe :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
From AX2014 Gen panel:

>魔法少女まどかマギカは、勢いに任せて書ききった作品。当初はまさかこれほど世界中の人々に見られるよう なアニメになるとは思っていなかったと述べ、続編については、今、必死にシャフトと一緒に続きを考えている 最中。

>Gen wrote PMMM with momentum from the very beginning to the conclusion. He didn't expect this show would become this famous and got many fans world-widely. On a sequel, he's now thinking its continuation desperately with Shaft.

Make sense I guess. The last movie just left everyone in the middle of nowhere.
It's still very early to be sure about sequel. No writers will say that there won't be a sequel of their show.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 15:42   Link #3585
Laevatein
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
It's still very early to be sure about sequel. No writers will say that there won't be a sequel of their show.
Well, wasn't one of the reasons for Yoshiyuki Tomino's "kill 'em all" tendencies (in the old days) a desire to avoid making sequels? (The other reason being depression)
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 20:46   Link #3586
silvercover
Romance Expert
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
not sure if this was posted before but...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...after-3rd-film
__________________
my fanfics:
Refractions (madoka magica)
Reversed Connections (BRS)

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 09:30   Link #3587
Triple_R
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
A two cour anime show, branching off of the Rebellion movie, would be quite ambitious.

It would also pretty much demand new character creation. I don't know how you could keep going for 24 episodes or so with just the core six Puella Magi, Kyubey, and random MotWs (be they nightmares, wraiths, witches, or whatever).

Honestly, if it's a full two cour show, and it's conflict-focused like most magical girl shows are (i.e. fighting action regularly takes place), they'd probably have to create new antagonists, if not outright villains. Either that, or borrow from what already exists in Madoka Magica spinoffs (Oriko, Kirika, etc...).


In any event, it's good to hear that Gen and SHAFT have big plans for the franchise, and that the movie trilogy likely isn't the end of it.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:05   Link #3588
LightDragonman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
So do you guys think that Madoka's decision at the end of the series worked well enough in the context of the story? Cause some see at as going against the themes of the story, for these reasons:

"So you don't count the ending as an ass-pull? Because why? Karmic bonding was mentioned two episodes before? Does that make SAO's plot-twist of star-burst stream good because Kirito found it in his inventory an episode before? sigh Foreshadowing a character has power is not the same thing as establishing a consistent rule throughout the universe. Karmic Bonding is not an established rule. The ending was the definition of a deus ex machina. How was it not an ass pull to you? To escape fate--just wish to become a god. Problem solved. It especially flies in the face of everything previous when good intentions always lead to bad outcomes. This is why Rebellion exists--even though I hate that film it at least is somewhat consistent with the series' thematic intentions. "
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:55   Link #3589
Akuma Kinomoto
木之本 悪魔
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Akuma Kinomoto
The point of the TV series' ending is Madoka wanted to prevent the Puella Magis wishes from perverting. Mind you, they still die when they cross the despair horizon and they're still putting their heads on the line. This is really the age-old question of whether you'd prefer to die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Either one is a bad a outcome, and you could consider Madoka a bit short sighted when unexpected things come up (Wraiths. Oops). Good intentions from young teenagers is an oversight waiting to happen. Conversely, many people suspect it should've been Homura who gained all that power tying destiny to herself so many times. My head canon is if the threads of fate can tie around one half of an ongoing wish, then it could also happen to the other. But that's just my head canon, and without confirmation it should be Homura's ascension people call an ass pull. And btw, citing an example from an oft-maligned series doesn't validate anything here, nor does something here validate something from an oft-maligned series. Infamous shows have a tendency for viewers to start warping little details when there's deeper actual problems with something beyond some abilities.

Is what I would say to these people.
__________________
My MALI want to know more, it's a wild night
let's delve into the dreams
I want to know more, it's a wild ride
so let's have a shocking party
dancing, dancing, don't stop my dancing
dancing, dancing, let me do
Akuma Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:02   Link #3590
Caller Connect
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
I'm just going to go ahead and say that if you like crack pairs in Madoka, you are insulting the characters. And I'll explain why.



Crack pairing content makes direct negative implications about the characters as the content itself demeans the feelings, development and characterization of them. The negative implication comes from fact that all characters that are worth anything must inherently be developed, because if they are not developed they are a blank slate. Blank clearly synonymous for something with no value. So when you make the implication that the character is by and large worthless as a whole expect for whatever few superficial traits you used to pair them up with non-canon counter part you are insulting their character, because as stated, you are making the implication that they are worthless. And Remember two things, an insult is nothing more than making a negative statement on a topic, it is not the same thing as taking offence to something, and that while this is only fanworks it still makes statements about the characters because of its nature as "fan"work. If it was not making a statement on the characters it would no longer be fanwork, but original content. The fact it uses pre-existing characters is what makes it insulting if you only use part of the character and leave out their feelings as they are portrayed in the series itself. By leaving the feelings out you are claiming they have no value in the setting where you pair the girls with people other than their canon partners. And even if you claim the setting is an alternate universe or something similar, it's still insulting because makes the implication that not only is their characters as shown in the series not worth using, it also claims that the feelings themselves are so worthless that they don't even need mention. It should also be noted that it does not matter if you seriously ship the pair or not. Saying something like "Haha I was only kidding about all your feelings being worthless" is not how it works, you're still make a negative statement about them, and thus insulting them.

tl:dr - If you like crack pairs, especially in Madoka where the girls have very strong feelings, you are degrading the girls and treating them like shallow interchangeable parts only good for shipping and amusing yourself.



Caller Connect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:59   Link #3591
Akuma Kinomoto
木之本 悪魔
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Akuma Kinomoto
What the...? April Fools isn't for another few weeks.
__________________
My MALI want to know more, it's a wild night
let's delve into the dreams
I want to know more, it's a wild ride
so let's have a shocking party
dancing, dancing, don't stop my dancing
dancing, dancing, let me do
Akuma Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:29   Link #3592
Caller Connect
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post
What the...? April Fools isn't for another few weeks.
That's an odd way of saying you didn't actually read a word in that post.
Because if you did you know it's nothing but a list of facts and logical consequence.
Caller Connect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:50   Link #3593
Akuma Kinomoto
木之本 悪魔
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Akuma Kinomoto
While I have joked around with others about crack shipping before (HomuSaya), the insinuation that I'm insulting the characters is more than farfetched. Considering those two are some of my favorite characters for everything that they are, that post is highly insulting to the point where I question how serious it is. I've read it, but you wrote nothing.
__________________
My MALI want to know more, it's a wild night
let's delve into the dreams
I want to know more, it's a wild ride
so let's have a shocking party
dancing, dancing, don't stop my dancing
dancing, dancing, let me do
Akuma Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:02   Link #3594
Caller Connect
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
You clearly didn't understand what you read then. And I don't think I can explain it any more clearly.

Just because you don't think you're insulting them does not mean you aren't.
As I stated, and insult is a negative implication, nothing more or less. And when you pair Homura with Sayaka you are implying their feelings for Madoka and Kyouko, respectively, are cheap. And calling strong (High value) feelings cheap(low value) is making a negative statement, as it is going from high to low.

So yeah, sorry to say, but you've been treating Homura and Sayaka like trash, and saying their feelings are disposable.
If you think I'm wrong you have to show where the logical flow in the reasoning is. How is what you're doing not a negative implication, thus an insult.
Caller Connect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:27   Link #3595
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
So do you guys think that Madoka's decision at the end of the series worked well enough in the context of the story? Cause some see at as going against the themes of the story, for these reasons:

"So you don't count the ending as an ass-pull? Because why? Karmic bonding was mentioned two episodes before? Does that make SAO's plot-twist of star-burst stream good because Kirito found it in his inventory an episode before? sigh Foreshadowing a character has power is not the same thing as establishing a consistent rule throughout the universe. Karmic Bonding is not an established rule. The ending was the definition of a deus ex machina. How was it not an ass pull to you? To escape fate--just wish to become a god. Problem solved. It especially flies in the face of everything previous when good intentions always lead to bad outcomes. This is why Rebellion exists--even though I hate that film it at least is somewhat consistent with the series' thematic intentions. "
Whoever posted this doesn't know the meaning of asspull and deus ex machina.
The entire story was building to moment when Madoka makes her wish.
Everything was foreshadowed,explaind and establised.
The real question was if she could find a loophole to prevent herself from ever turning into a witch.

I also don't agree with that the main theme was " good intentions always lead to bad outcomes".
(Nevermind that it's a terrible message.)
In PMMM all magical girls are tragic heroes.
They all made a mitsake when they became magical girls,because they didn't know what would eventually happen to them.
They all made uninformed decision and it backfired.
Madoka however knows everthing there is to know about magical girls and therefore doesn't make a mistake.
__________________
Szadek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:26   Link #3596
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caller Connect View Post
You clearly didn't understand what you read then. And I don't think I can explain it any more clearly.

Just because you don't think you're insulting them does not mean you aren't.
As I stated, and insult is a negative implication, nothing more or less. And when you pair Homura with Sayaka you are implying their feelings for Madoka and Kyouko, respectively, are cheap. And calling strong (High value) feelings cheap(low value) is making a negative statement, as it is going from high to low.

So yeah, sorry to say, but you've been treating Homura and Sayaka like trash, and saying their feelings are disposable.
If you think I'm wrong you have to show where the logical flow in the reasoning is. How is what you're doing not a negative implication, thus an insult.
I don't even know where to start... First, you're writing way to much "negative statement". Chill out, it's just anime (oh noooo you didn't).

Being unconfortable with people doing fan works where the balance of your universe is messed up doesn't mean we have to care. Even more where you're posting a big block of text like a know-it-all, teaching people what's wrong or not.
I'm with Akuma on this, you're not saying anything in it. Just giving some sort of a lesson which prove how limited your mindset is and how you're taking this too seriously. Like... WAAAAY too much.

Your post is limitating, self-righteous and irrespectful of creativity itself.
For my part, I'm not confortable with people like you who can't think outside the box or just allow people to do what they want (as long as it doesn't harm others).

And now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going to draw an hentai comic with Homura, Bébé and QB.
Sageblink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:50   Link #3597
Triple_R
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I don't think most people take crackships all that seriously. Fanartists like the idea (sometimes just the pure visual) of two particular characters together, and fanfic writers might like to explore unconventional "What if?" scenarios where a crackship might become a bit believable.

But I doubt many people would seriously argue, for example, that Homura's feelings for Madoka aren't at a higher and more "confirmed" level than her feelings for the other major cast members.

As long as crackshippers are honest about how these are, in fact, crackships, I don't see a problem with them.

I'll admit that some can cause my mind to recoil a bit and just go "that's so wrong..." (yuri imagery of Love Live!'s Honoka and Nico does this to me, for example), but such instances are usually easy to ignore and/or pass over.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.