AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2010-12-29, 17:46   Link #441
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well one things for sure just going by the feel of that PV, if this series did turn to the dark side it would def be a wasted series for me.
I seriously couldn't take it seriously with such moe and cute-ness.

But doesn't look like it will go that way, so heres hoping for for a fun series.
What concerning me is that it seems like they are desperately trying to hide any scene that has any relation to actual theme or genre of the series. I know that Iwakami said;

Quote:
I think for an original series without any original work as basis, not knowing what the story will be about until broadcasting start is its true charm. So for the story, please look forward to the actual broadcast.
from; http://absolute.fanboi.us/2010/11/ma...interview.html

Thus, it is still not strange Urobuchi to show his usual habit later on.
Old 2010-12-29, 18:26   Link #442
E_I
Yuri fan

Yay! Yuri! But I think Madoka will be Homura's waifu.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 18:37   Link #443
Miraluka
Banned

There is no lesbian hints yet some people wants it?

Seriously guys this isn't yuri and I don't remember nor Urobuchi nor Shaft doing any yuri series so far, Maria Holic is more a comic series and their Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko which will done by the same studio and will be emitted after the end of this series isn't one either.

BTW, that pv is almost disapointing.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 18:47   Link #444
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Seriously guys this isn't yuri and I don't remember nor Urobuchi nor Shaft doing any yuri series so far, Maria Holic is more a comic series and their Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko which will done by the same studio and will be emitted after the end of this series isn't one either..
That's why doujinshis exist

I'm not a Yuri fanboy but I've been around long enough to know that there's no need for the Yuri to be actual canon for people to come up with all kinds of Yuri pairings

edit:and really

Quote:
sayaka "i can't forgive it! Madoka must become my wife!"
speaks for itself
Old 2010-12-29, 19:31   Link #445
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
speaks for itself
Yeah, you're right. Thats why I used Maria Holic as example just a line doesn't made the series .
Old 2010-12-29, 19:41   Link #446
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. Thats why I used Maria Holic as example just a line doesn't made the series .
Maria+Holic still have Yuri , regardless of parodying or being manga adaptation or not... >_>

and Aoki Ume has been made a lot of Yuri doujins before anyway. All I want is Yuri 'vibe', not sort of total Yuri oriented theme like Aoi Hana.
Old 2010-12-29, 19:42   Link #447
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
No, in the first place lines like that are more often used in a playful manner than anything, Especially considering the scene it was shown in- You know, Her friend chasing her around? Yeah yeah open to interpretation...

Anyway As far as we know, this PV isn't showing us anything important that we don't already know. If there's not going to be any male characters outside of her family just because there isn't in the PV- Well, then we can remove any suspicion of gore, violence, and whatever because this series is about school girls and school girls only
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 20:05   Link #448
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Anyway As far as we know, this PV isn't showing us anything important that we don't already know. If there's not going to be any male characters outside of her family just because there isn't in the PV- Well, then we can remove any suspicion of gore, violence, and whatever because this series is about school girls and school girls only
There wasn't even any magic scene... I would like to see an original transformation and not a scene which spends a good time like sailor every time there is a need to use her powers....
Old 2010-12-29, 20:06   Link #449
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, then we can remove any suspicion of gore, violence, and whatever because this series is about school girls and school girls only
It's at times like this that I remember Sora no woto episode 7

I know it was only one episode,but still...
Old 2010-12-29, 20:53   Link #450
Fishbait

Quote:
There is no lesbian hints yet some people wants it?

Seriously guys this isn't yuri and I don't remember nor Urobuchi nor Shaft doing any yuri series so far, Maria Holic is more a comic series and their Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko which will done by the same studio and will be emitted after the end of this series isn't one either.
Wow, you got really defensive and paranoid very fast...

Anyways, wouldn't be surprised if Homura/Madoka went the Fate/Nanoha route. Considering we appear to have the exact situation here (experienced girl with a darker/serious attitude vs. the naive newbie), not to mention Shinbo's involvement with Nanoha.

As for all these PVs...well, I guess they really are keeping their word. We won't find out anything till it airs

One more week right?
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 21:40   Link #451
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
Wow, you got really defensive and paranoid very fast...
This make you the one that gets paranoid. I said that because they started to speculate from PVs which barely shows the series is about and the anime hast yet to be aired.
What do you expected Mr. defensive guy?
Old 2010-12-29, 21:50   Link #452
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
This make you the one that gets paranoid. I said that because they started to speculate from PVs which barely shows the series is about and the anime hast yet to be aired.
I don't think anyone seriously speculated you'd get a full out yuri show,just that there'd be enough undertones that if you're wearing "yuri goggles" you'd be able to pretend it was one.
Old 2010-12-29, 21:50   Link #453
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
What do you expected Mr. defensive guy?
You know....trying to talk back using other's words doesn't make you look better, because you're still the one sounds like being paranoid more than him.

There was a yuri hint, even it's undertone, but that doesn't matter to what people want. You was the one who trying to brush it off desperately, and you call other "defensive"? Funny.
Old 2010-12-29, 22:12   Link #454
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I don't think anyone seriously speculated you'd get a full out yuri show,just that there'd be enough undertones that if you're wearing "yuri goggles" you'd be able to pretend it was one.
I'm not focused on those who are saying "yay! yuri!" Don't misunderstand me : P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You know....trying to talk back using other's words doesn't make you look better, because you're still the one sounds like being paranoid more than him.

There was a yuri hint, even it's undertone, but that doesn't matter to what people want. You was the one who trying to brush it off desperately, and you call other "defensive"? Funny.
Thats what it is, a "hint" not an statement. Check some pages back and they even started to argue about the texts in japanesse giving various ways to interpret them thus starting to go off-topic. My reply on this thread goes to that arguing.

Words like desperately, paranoid, etc, I don't think they can be used on me, I'm more of a relaxed/lazy person that one can expect .
Again the question before the situation, "What do you expected?"

If we keep this the thread will go off again.... just cut it out, I'm more excited to know more about what kind of series will be with this staff who doesn't reveal anything yet
Old 2010-12-29, 22:54   Link #455
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Thats what it is, a "hint" not an statement.
So you are admitting yourself that there are some definite hints for yuri. What are you arguing for then?...
Old 2010-12-29, 23:06   Link #456
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quick, before mangatron comes... Tomoe Mami claimed!
Twintails ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Maria+Holic still have Yuri , regardless of parodying or being manga adaptation or not... >_>

and Aoki Ume has been made a lot of Yuri doujins before anyway. All I want is Yuri 'vibe', not sort of total Yuri oriented theme like Aoi Hana.
Yes, some Yuri vibe would be good already
Old 2010-12-30, 00:36   Link #457
Tempester
Lazy J-Pop Culture Fan

I have no problem with yuri in my anime, neither do I take offense to yuri fans who like to pair up certain women in anime. But to those who vehemently oppose the mere presence of men in such anime and treat them as if they are tainting your pure yuri sanctity, I suggest you keep such feelings to yourself.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Hibike! Euphonium
Plastic Memories
Punch Line
Houkago no Pleiades
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Shirobako
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 01:37   Link #458
CrowKenobi
Est. MMV

*sigh*

Can we please stop with the yuri speculation until the first episode airs? It's getting tiresome, and I'm starting to get the itch to delete posts that stray from the topic at hand...

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 02:19   Link #459
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
How is it speculation if Sayaka is shaping up to be an obsessed lesbian who is claiming Madoka as her own?
Old 2010-12-30, 03:02   Link #460
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
How is it speculation if Sayaka is shaping up to be an obsessed lesbian who is claiming Madoka as her own?
Exaggeration much?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen