AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Accel World

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-17, 18:54   Link #621
rickiminato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mexico
i have a question
who is the person who became kuroyukihime in a burst linker?
I mean who gave the program to her
__________________
rickiminato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 20:19   Link #622
churchblue
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
i have a question
who is the person who became kuroyukihime in a burst linker?
I mean who gave the program to her
maybe Black Vise?
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 05:52   Link #623
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
No, not Black Vise - KYH has never seen him before he showed up. And judging from Vol2's dialogue, the one who gave KYH BB is a girl - Black Vise is a guy.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 16:20   Link #624
churchblue
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
I was just guessing. Also, is there any important info on the recent volume. who the heck is wolf dude? anything happened in the novel? any progress with CP and LB?
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 08:57   Link #625
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
No, not Black Vise - KYH has never seen him before he showed up. And judging from Vol2's dialogue, the one who gave KYH BB is a girl - Black Vise is a guy.
I was think about that but I had a weird thought about that but I have a theory about who was KYH Parent

Spoiler for KYH Parent:
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 15:25   Link #626
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Limbo
Regarding Metal Colors, it was mentioned before that the trauma carried by the player determines if the Duel Avatar design is "normal", metal-type or special.
...That metal represents the shell the player wear to protect him/herself from being hurt.
So theoretically, the harder the avatar's armor, the tougher that shell is, right?

If that is true, then the reason for Silver Crow's armor being so frail is due to Haru's trauma, being classified as "borderline" metal-color.

Well, I'm saying all this but I have very little in-depth knowledge of the novel.
__________________
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 16:35   Link #627
Chimurry
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Well, usually when we pick up at duel avatar on games we pursuit the strongest possible and according our thoughts and obviusly: avaible fundings, level permittance and if we like it or not, AW examine your inner mind and found your most depht weakness and your strongest desires or faith, Haru strongly desire fly to try to be able to cacht his most unreach person: KYH (please keep in mind from Haru POV an scargot have more chances than him), thats why IS have basis, so if in the begining your can get over your deepest fears and you strongly desire (someone could say from the deep of your heart) you can modify or even create new AW weapons or habilities.
I saw sombody saying about Kirito/KYH probably relationship and I think could be, but that doesnt mean Kirito, Saya Arita or any other AW father/mother being bad o worse parents, we all know everyone have our "traumas" and judging the age of the caracters in the novel, its probably the worst time, cuz all change, teenage age and all sudden reality knock our heads, body and feelings.
Someone could say KYH/Black Lotus avatar its designed to couldnt have lovely touch any other, probably her trauma its she touch somebody and get hurt, Haru hate his body and being heavy and fat, he hate his weak flesh body and cuz that he dont deserve be happy with a beatiful girl, even worse, he could think he is a burden to any girl like to stay with him, recently I understand he like to "justify" himself due the try of KYH to get close to him cuz she its her "parent" and not cuz see him as lover, thats why probly he have a slim and really fast avatar, please keep in mind more armor you charge more difficult to move, so if somebody like Cyan Pile or Green Grande get the wings could be really easy target in the middle of the air.
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:40   Link #628
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
AW had more interesting debates IMO.
Yeah I'd been puzzling over this for a while as it just seemed like a no brainer to me to put all the Accel World stuff in it's own subforum. It's got a very active anime, light novel thread and game thread with lots of images being posted in all of them and tons of in depth discussion about the world and characters in pretty much all of them as well. Hyouka had moderate and IMO quite limited discussion mostly pertaining to the "Dem Eyes" meme the show sparked just before it got a subforum and has only really picked up since (although to nowhere near the level of Accel World still) so I'm truly baffled as to why it was the only show that got it's own subforum this season while Accel World is left to have all these scattered threads in different subsections of the forum.

My only guess is that the mods just do not care about or are totally obvlious to the popularity and activity of Accel World for whatever reason. If the mods don't post about the show it almost never gets a subforum I've noticed so yeah....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:44   Link #629
Riki
ランダム王
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I was think about that but I had a weird thought about that but I have a theory about who was KYH Parent

Spoiler for KYH Parent:
that shouldnt be possible since BB program is for the new gen..since the requirement for the software to install is by having a neurolinker by birth...and being a parent for a 15+ yr old girl,doest that make it kinda impossible
__________________
Life is a blank sheet of paper. Each of your movements and actions will determine whether or not it becomes art or scrap.
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:55   Link #630
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah I'd been puzzling over this for a while as it just seemed like a no brainer to me to put all the Accel World stuff in it's own subforum. It's got a very active anime, light novel thread and game thread with lots of images being posted in all of them and tons of in depth discussion about the world and characters in pretty much all of them as well. Hyouka had moderate and IMO quite limited discussion mostly pertaining to the "Dem Eyes" meme the show sparked just before it got a subforum and has only really picked up since (although to nowhere near the level of Accel World still) so I'm truly baffled as to why it was the only show that got it's own subforum this season while Accel World is left to have all these scattered threads in different subsections of the forum.

My only guess is that the mods just do not care about or are totally obvlious to the popularity and activity of Accel World for whatever reason. If the mods don't post about the show it almost never gets a subforum I've noticed so yeah....
Also Accel World got a manga too. Actually there were a few mods that post on the Anime section and like it as well but youre guess is good as mines about it. I know that many ppl got in trouble about asking why this or that series doesnt have a subforums but when it happens, then it will happens.

Quote:
that shouldnt be possible since BB program is for the new gen..since the requirement for the software to install is by having a neurolinker by birth...and being a parent for a 15+ yr old girl,doest that make it kinda impossible
I know that in the Anime its called a guardian but in LN, it is like a parent/child relationship (now a little insert from LN)

Spoiler for Parent Child relationship:


Back to Subject

But i will like to hear what everybody views about the future of AW. I know that soon or later Haru would get around lv9 and the question would be would he have to fight KYH or not to get to lv10. I know that he isnt going to do it now but in the future, things can change. Plus he got to deal with his Harem
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 10:39   Link #631
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
that shouldnt be possible since BB program is for the new gen..since the requirement for the software to install is by having a neurolinker by birth...and being a parent for a 15+ yr old girl,doest that make it kinda impossible
So where do you think she got her game from?

She flat out stated she had a Parent too.....
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 10:55   Link #632
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Is it just me, or is it the fact that everyone's referring to different parents(KYH IRL's parent and BL's AW parents) that leads to confusion...

Anyway, my theory of Black Lotus' parent would be the White King. Reason as per follows:
1) KYH mentioned that she attempted a real life PK on a king. If she was referring to any of the kings that have shown up in the novel, their relationship would definitely be much worse than Yellow Radio(sarcastic to each other in speech)

2) KYH also asked Haru if he received any invitation to join others guild. While Haru thought KYH would be worried about Blue or Green King, KYH said she was more worried about White King(Edit: Confirmed in V3)

3) White King being absent up to now. This would most likely be a major plot point that will be focused upon in the future. My guess is that White King is Black Lotus' parent, and when some conflict occured, KYH attacked her in real life, which caused her to somehow go into hiding, or even worse, landed in hospital, after which Ivory Tower took over the operations of the Legion.

Also, seems like the 4 Elements do know who's BL's parent is. Ardor Maiden once mentioned that it was the fault of that person who lied, forced and betrayed KYH that led to the disband of the guild, before being silenced by Fuuko and KYH.

Last edited by Kaos!; 2012-06-20 at 11:51.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 12:59   Link #633
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Is it just me, or is it the fact that everyone's referring to different parents(KYH IRL's parent and BL's AW parents) that leads to confusion...

Anyway, my theory of Black Lotus' parent would be the White King. Reason as per follows:
1) KYH mentioned that she attempted a real life PK on a king. If she was referring to any of the kings that have shown up in the novel, their relationship would definitely be much worse than Yellow Radio(sarcastic to each other in speech)

2) KYH also asked Haru if he received any invitation to join others guild. While Haru thought KYH would be worried about Blue or Green King, KYH said she was more worried about White King(Edit: Confirmed in V3)

3) White King being absent up to now. This would most likely be a major plot point that will be focused upon in the future. My guess is that White King is Black Lotus' parent, and when some conflict occured, KYH attacked her in real life, which caused her to somehow go into hiding, or even worse, landed in hospital, after which Ivory Tower took over the operations of the Legion.

Also, seems like the 4 Elements do know who's BL's parent is. Ardor Maiden once mentioned that it was the fault of that person who lied, forced and betrayed KYH that led to the disband of the guild, before being silenced by Fuuko and KYH.
That does make some sense but I thought that leader of O.U. is a guy not a girl but we all that KYH got BB from a Girl.
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 14:28   Link #634
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah I'd been puzzling over this for a while as it just seemed like a no brainer to me to put all the Accel World stuff in it's own subforum. It's got a very active anime, light novel thread and game thread with lots of images being posted in all of them and tons of in depth discussion about the world and characters in pretty much all of them as well. Hyouka had moderate and IMO quite limited discussion mostly pertaining to the "Dem Eyes" meme the show sparked just before it got a subforum and has only really picked up since (although to nowhere near the level of Accel World still) so I'm truly baffled as to why it was the only show that got it's own subforum this season while Accel World is left to have all these scattered threads in different subsections of the forum.

My only guess is that the mods just do not care about or are totally obvlious to the popularity and activity of Accel World for whatever reason. If the mods don't post about the show it almost never gets a subforum I've noticed so yeah....

Just drop it mate, most of the time they delete posts about it. Ours will be deleted to.

Just look at High School DxD. Novel thread was so damn active while anime was running that it had hundreds of posts daily. Mods only created few novel threads for it, no sub forum.

Most people dunno if because of grieving or something else, but went to Community group, and now they post dozens/hundreds posts there, so new users won't even see those posts unless they will join community group of that series ...
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 16:44   Link #635
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
What I found hilarious is that another user friend of mine told that they wanted a subforum for Nichijou but didn't in frustration because that series was goddamn-boring its first episodes and got hard critics, still since there wasn't a proof I consider that a baseless yet disturbing rumor.


Back to the topic, I agree with the theory that White King is Blak Lotus' parentbecause I somehow recall White King being absent the time Kuro killed Red Rider.

Let's not talk about the first matter about the subforums,please? Its pointless and unworthy of this thread.
__________________
Your last hope!

Last edited by Miraluka; 2012-06-20 at 16:55.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 19:46   Link #636
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
That does make some sense but I thought that leader of O.U. is a guy not a girl but we all that KYH got BB from a Girl.
White King has never been revealed up to now even in illustrations(Except a small hint in anime OP). His/her avatar name, gender etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
What I found hilarious is that another user friend of mine told that they wanted a subforum for Nichijou but didn't in frustration because that series was goddamn-boring its first episodes and got hard critics, still since there wasn't a proof I consider that a baseless yet disturbing rumor.


Back to the topic, I agree with the theory that White King is Blak Lotus' parentbecause I somehow recall White King being absent the time Kuro killed Red Rider.

Let's not talk about the first matter about the subforums,please? Its pointless and unworthy of this thread.
White King was not present? Guess I will have to double confirm with the next episode to see if Ivory Tower was present or White just skipped the whole meeting.

Anyway more speculation topics:

Q: Why did Aqua Current and Wolfram Cerebeus stayed at level 1 when they clearly have the ability to increase their level.

A: It is actually the fastest way to reach a high level up to now from what we know.

The points loss/gained in a duel depends on the level difference between the 2 players, and not the level of the losing/winning player. If your a level 8 winning a level 8, you still gain 10 points. However, if you have an extremely good battle experience(Aqua Current) or imbalanced moves(Wolfram Cerebus), might as well use it to bully the newbies(Level 1-4), considering a level 1 winning a level 4 will net the same experience as a level 6 winning a level 9, and yet everyone knows it is almost impossible for a level 6 to win a level 9.

As you gain level, your battle experience/imba moves will lose advantage as the higher levels will be much better in handling it due to their knowledge/more moves available. There is also the fact that there are much more level 4/5 around for you to bully as compared to number of level 7/8 for you to try to overpower.

Furthermore, it should be possible to do a mass level up in one shot if you have enough points, which means that if you do have enough points, you can just one shot jump to level 9 and try to kill a King that is underestimating you before.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 19:53   Link #637
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
White King was not present? Guess I will have to double confirm with the next episode to see if Ivory Tower was present or White just skipped the whole meeting.

Anyway more speculation topics:

Q: Why did Aqua Current and Wolfram Cerebeus stayed at level 1 when they clearly have the ability to increase their level.

A: It is actually the fastest way to reach a high level up to now from what we know
White King didn't show up on-screen in the recording YR had, so chances are Ivory Tower took the spokesperson role for the legion even back then. Something predating KYH's exile from BB made the White King not show up in meetings or in public, according to the Kings' summit at Vol6.

As for why Wolfram didn't level up, do remember leveling up costs points; Haru did so without leaving enough buffer points in case of defeat, Wolfram is a lot more careful. Do remember he only joined BB within the last 7 days in real life, he doesn't have hundreds of points to burn like the Kings do.

Aqua on the other hand, I've no idea.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 20:11   Link #638
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Is it just me, or is it the fact that everyone's referring to different parents(KYH IRL's parent and BL's AW parents) that leads to confusion...

Anyway, my theory of Black Lotus' parent would be the White King. Reason as per follows:
1) KYH mentioned that she attempted a real life PK on a king. If she was referring to any of the kings that have shown up in the novel, their relationship would definitely be much worse than Yellow Radio(sarcastic to each other in speech)

2) KYH also asked Haru if he received any invitation to join others guild. While Haru thought KYH would be worried about Blue or Green King, KYH said she was more worried about White King(Edit: Confirmed in V3)

3) White King being absent up to now. This would most likely be a major plot point that will be focused upon in the future. My guess is that White King is Black Lotus' parent, and when some conflict occured, KYH attacked her in real life, which caused her to somehow go into hiding, or even worse, landed in hospital, after which Ivory Tower took over the operations of the Legion.

Also, seems like the 4 Elements do know who's BL's parent is. Ardor Maiden once mentioned that it was the fault of that person who lied, forced and betrayed KYH that led to the disband of the guild, before being silenced by Fuuko and KYH.
Which...more importantly brings up the question....what the hell did Hime do to someone in real life....

In the lack of any supporting evidence I just assume it's to disable her as a threat in BB...But if it was indeed attempted murder....
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 09:25   Link #639
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
White King didn't show up on-screen in the recording YR had, so chances are Ivory Tower took the spokesperson role for the legion even back then. Something predating KYH's exile from BB made the White King not show up in meetings or in public, according to the Kings' summit at Vol6.

As for why Wolfram didn't level up, do remember leveling up costs points; Haru did so without leaving enough buffer points in case of defeat, Wolfram is a lot more careful. Do remember he only joined BB within the last 7 days in real life, he doesn't have hundreds of points to burn like the Kings do.

Aqua on the other hand, I've no idea.
Well, other than better leveling speed, you can a huge buffer of points as you mentioned. Furthermore, there's no way you will lose more than 10 points in a duel even if you lose as compared to a high level, which makes it the best grinding method. Also, Lime Bell reached Lv4 in the same amount of time or even lesser if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Which...more importantly brings up the question....what the hell did Hime do to someone in real life....

In the lack of any supporting evidence I just assume it's to disable her as a threat in BB...But if it was indeed attempted murder....
Well, the best way to remove someone from BB without making them uninstall BB or injuring them would be stealing their neurolinker IMO. Then again, the 1st gen of Nega Nebula has the habit of blaming themselves for anything that happened in the past when there may be other factors that caused the incident.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 11:40   Link #640
churchblue
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
I wonder how many BP does LB has left? I hope Wolfram is a good person.
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.