AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-10-31, 06:59   Link #1
Fandal

Looking for Coloring Tutorials Closest to Real Anime

I've been browsing the web lately looking for coloring tutorials which is similar to anime. I find a lot of tutorials but I just can't find one which creates the color which could pass for a frame in a real anime.

I don't know if this the right area to ask this question, but does anyone here know where I can find a good tutorial that shows how to color like real anime? I'm thinking K-ON or something like that.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 11:18   Link #2
Animeruko
BECAUSE its moe moe!

What exactly do you mean coloring like "Real Anime"? Anime coloring in itself is horrible and very basic 2 or 3 tone usually.

I have traced quite a few Anime frames which you can see here
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...53#post2099853

If none of those are "Real Anime" then im afraid i won't be able to help you unless you give me more information about what exactly you are looking for. (i have a lot of tutorials, But standard anime coloring only needs an understanding of lightning/shading)
Animeruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 15:26   Link #3
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
I've been browsing the web lately looking for coloring tutorials which is similar to anime. I find a lot of tutorials but I just can't find one which creates the color which could pass for a frame in a real anime.
Most of the time, getting good colors (or a good color effect) involves doing a lot of combinations between light and dark shades of several colors.

Like Ruko, I have also done my share of traces and I almost always avoid using the colors directly from anime screencaps.

If you can't find a tut, you can also learn a lot by looking and using the colors in HQ artwork.
Old 2010-10-31, 15:38   Link #4
Kudryavka

There's no real tutorial needed, anime coloring is very simple for the sake of ease of animating. Just paint the base colors, shade by creating vector lines with the Pen Tool, and maybe do some simple hair and skin highlights. I guess it'd be mostly like vector coloring.

To make a whole frame, you'd have to paint some backgrounds too. Anime doesn't skimp out on BG art, so you'll just have to do your best. I'd say go for a smudgy watercolor look if you're not good at BGs.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 17:10   Link #5
Fandal

Something like, this: http://img215.imageshack.us/f/yuiazu.jpg/ That could pass as a frame in K-On. For a less fancy background, something like this: http://oreno.imouto.org/post/show/122436

A lot of what I've seen just doesn't look the same. Not to say they aren't good but they feel like a piece of art or rather, a painting or watercolor rather then a generic animated scene. Yes, I'm looking for something very generic.

Is it because it's so simple that nobody did a tutorial on this?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 17:54   Link #6
meko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeruko View Post
What exactly do you mean coloring like "Real Anime"?
I was thinking the same thing.
meko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 19:37   Link #7
Animeruko
BECAUSE its moe moe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
For a less fancy background, something like this: http://oreno.imouto.org/post/show/122436
This is a Vector.

Quote:
A lot of what I've seen just doesn't look the same. Not to say they aren't good but they feel like a piece of art or rather, a painting or watercolor rather then a generic animated scene. Yes, I'm looking for something very generic.
Because things like airburshing and the other methods they use to cheat airbrushing or painting... look better.

Quote:
Is it because it's so simple that nobody did a tutorial on this?
Well assuming you already know about lighting and shadows and such ... 90% of anime is only 3 tone .. a base color then a darker color for shading and a highlight.

You cant really learn lighting/shading from a Tutorial, But if you already know those things then its just a matter of picking a base color then picking a color that is a darker shade of your base color to do the shadow areas and then a lighter color or white for highlights.
Animeruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 00:39   Link #8
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
It might be easier if you have a computer and a scanner. l myself doesn't have any of those.

But you don't really need those.

l did some good anime like drawing using pencils then, pilot pen, color pens, water color and correction liquid. Markerss are also good. lt took me 3 hours to finish one 8.5 x 11 size drawing.

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2010-11-07 at 23:58.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote