AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 109 Rating
Perfect 10 11 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-15, 03:13   Link #621
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In a 2D paradise
^Oh in fact I agree to that. Even if she had Rado as her handler and Miata can be controlled, ultimately the outcome will be determined by how useful they are to the org from their point of view. But I guess I was looking at them in a more holistic view as even if the org considered them, trash, they might be a treasure to the ghosts... or vice versa... we never know
__________________
An4rchy99 is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 04:26   Link #622
MikeyGrey
believe...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
I still don't think they would throw away someone with such great potential no matter how dangerous or unstable it was if they had a switch to control it. Considering the overall weakness of the org, they would surely know if a scenario where they loose A&B it would make it from very hard to impossible to take out Miata and Clarice (assuming the shrimp twins still got a long way to go before they are done with training). Considering the fact that the org unleashed the horde of AB + Yoma indicate how serious they considered the threat of Miata and Clarice joining up with Gala was.
what org considers valuable greatly changes over time.

in the past they've had to solely rely on numbered warriors to keep the balance of power but now that is not the case. they aren't even concerned (at least not as much) about keeping their youma-producing business under wraps now. that & now they have abyss feeders & also projects like the twins & #10 (not new but still worth mentioning) and with whatever else might be going on, they can now afford to lose not only potential #1's but the likes of alicia/beth as well (yea their deaths were unexpected but considering how close their replacements are, the loss really wasn't huge).

org's current combat potential could possibly be at its strongest (especially considering that ghosts are probably their only remaining threat on the island). they willingly fought 2 separate battles (riful & rabona) and simultaneously defended their base successfully from a surprise attack. defeat at rabona and loss of #1 & #2 may have hurt but i'd say they are still far from thinking of the likes of miata a serious threat.
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
MikeyGrey is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 09:12   Link #623
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
I don't see the Org "wanting" to kill off Clarice. It's more of.. we need manpower. Put her out there. If she fails, oh well, no great loss. Miata is a mess with potential. Pairing her with Clarice gives the Org a method to control her madness. If it works, great. They have an operable number 4. If not, then no big loss. She was useless anyways. Now that the two are gone from the Org, it's like, Oh well.. If they're alive, hunt them down. If they're dead, no big loss.
Roflmao Bikerider, you basically condensed my thoughts . I wish I could give you rep .

Posts like yours make me wonder why I spend so much time writing such long essays .

---

Ryus, I understand how it feels like a whole "pyramid of cards"; honestly, it's pretty much impossible who will die first and so on; I disagree however, in that I'm pretty sure they all thought that Miata would die first, which I also agree with. Why? because what honestly, could Clarice possibly do? She's just too weak and inexperienced to help the fight against Galatea or Agatha at all; the person who is going to be doing all the fighting is going to be Miata. Even looking at the actual chapter at what actually happened, it was like that; Clarice did her best to give some support, but the most constructive thing she did was get her sword stuck in the wall (). Okay, she did end up slicing up Agatha a bit, but that doesn't really count given the circumstances (Clarice even surprised herself by that action).

Miata was definitely the first and most logically to get killed off, by Galatea first, and if not, she would be weakened at that point to be killed off by Agatha, as Miata is too busy still focusing on Galatea; Galatea herself, weakened from Miata's barrages, would also be easy pickings for Agatha...as for Clarice, Agatha could kill her off whenever she feels like it.

That's probably how they imagined it all would run down and it all seems pretty logical to me; for the large part, that's what ended up happening. Agatha wouldn't try attacking Clarice for the exact reason of her being her emotional weakness; after all, if Agatha kills Clarice, Miata is gonna go berserk and finish her off. It's not as if Clarice is a big enough threat that Agatha has to worry about her.

In a way, I see it the way you see it, but at the same time, not; the likelihood, even if Clarice dies, of Miata awakening just feels low to me; it's not like in all the time of Miata being unstable, Miata ever used her yoki....now, I have no way of proving that, but it goes back again to Miata never seemingly using her yoki....at all. Her power and very nature just doesn't make it necessary. Even in the recent fight against all those AB's in Rabona, she never used her yoki. It was dumb luck on the Organization's part that Clarice was able to catch onto Galatea's skill fast enough to warn Miata to use her yoki; saving her life.

It's more then just killing off Miata to kill of Clarice, it's Miata herself; like Bikerider said, she's a mess, and the last thing they want is her under the control of someone as weak and idiotic as Clarice, it's embarrassing; their is only so much they can do about the information about the Pieta survivors, but the less people figure out, the better; the last thing they need is someone as pathetic as her, walking around with detailed information, who happens to control one of their strongest warriors; again, it's embarrassing. What's next, is this girl gonna start figuring out that Pieta was their concoction and start blabbing it everywhere she goes? If the mission miraculously was a success and Galatea was killed....well, then, perhaps they simply underestimated the two of them and keeping them around isn't so bad. Otherwise however, she's just not worth it; they've spent years perfecting Alicia and Beth, but Miata doesn't seem to have any of that whatosever at all; it looks like she's basically just been collecting dust in her room until Clarice showed up. They are trying to get away from the whole "Power < Control" that plagued their earlier generations, even if said-warrior is much weaker because of it (which accounts for Renee, Clarice, and the entire new generation actually; more "docile" and weak) In the long run, Miata would serve as a boon for their faction, but really only if in the ridiculous fantasy scenario of them actually losing Alicia and Beth, and even then, they've got two newcomers to replace them, not to mention the Feeders. What could possibly go wrong?

And Priscilla? Again, she's just too up in the air to really be taken into consideration, assuming, again, the Organization is even aware of her to a certain degree; yes they have Galatea's report, but what exactly did Riful say at the time that Galatea heard?; that Isley defeated this girl and made her his own, and then started to begin his war? If it really was Priscilla, Isley should have been blown away in a instant, how could it possibly be Priscilla? Believe me, It's obviously the smart thing to do to take this girl into account, but she and Priscilla, wherever she is, basically has to be taken into account about their every move, and the likelihood of anything going wrong with this Rabona fight just seems too unlikely to occur.....

It's funny, it may seem like I'm trying to justify the Organization and side with them, but the truth is, it's the opposite; actually, I feel you are giving them way too much credit Ryus. Anyone with half a brain should quickly pick up on Priscilla, and of course Miata is too important to just throw away, but I'm trying to explain how they see and how everything works in their minds; we've heard almost nothing on Priscilla after she awoke from their mouths, which is why I don't really bring up her, because I feel they know almost nothing about her; whether because Rubel has been steering her away from conversation and keeping them in the dark about her, or they are simply too dumb to figure it out (or perhaps due to the splintering that seems to be occurring). As for Miata, it all goes back to what Bikerider has been saying; Clarice and her are Trash, and if by some miracle they get out of this alive, they are Treasure and they'll put more effort into controlling Clarice to therefore control Miata; otherwise, they have already consolidated their power, their strength full

They are increasingly paranoid, reckless, self-destructive, and wishy-washy; anyone who isn't of the utmost importance and/or gets within in an inch of learning about stuff they don't want them too (like the Ghosts), they immediately slam down and plan their secret execution. Miata in the long-term run, would serve little purpose other then for additional emergency purposes; Galatea is simply too big of a threat, but not so big that she's immediate; she's the perfect "trial run" for Miata to prove her worth to them; once again, if Miata dies, no biggie (they'll send someone who can actually kill her next time with assurance); if Galatea dies, they'll keep them around, if Miata and Galatea dies, no biggie. Clarice's usefulness is really if Galatea dies and Miata is still alive...if Miata is dead, they'll just kill her off when she returns, if she dies at the battle-scene, no biggie. Any scenario that occurs where anything could go wrong; like Miata possibly awakening and/or warriors from the North coming out of nowhere to save them all is just too far-out and ridiculous to actually happen. As before, what could possibly go wrong?

Their isn't much left to say that I haven't already said; if anything, I hope I got across how wasteful and wishy-washy they are. It's how they got into this situation they are in, with almost nothing left to protect them.

One final thing; I find it very very likely that their is indeed a spy in Rabona; the Organization have long since known that that place is the center for alot of their troubles, and most definitely know that the Ghosts are based there; they have probably had a spy stationed there for quite some time now.

Quote:
btw, Shieky and Ryus, gomennei. My mind seemed too warped to go over the huge essays you guys posted double gommen if this is a repeat to one of you guys points.
Not at all; what you say is what Bikerider and I feel; the Org's logic is "if they come back, yay for us, if they don't, yay for us".

SHEESH I spent alot of time writing all of this up
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 09:17   Link #624
rafael1932
claymores pimp
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
bikerider
«Unless they have a spy in Rabona. »
the org is just a biological division of a powerful country, they have all means to do what they want. i can only espected that they put humans with spie training near the cities that galateia might be. a human is not traceble like a warrior

it makes me start to think that destroing just that org woun't affect them too much cause they might have more org spread all over the world ( in others inslands ). after all, if not this tecnology, that country would be annihilated by now. is simple far too important reseach to give just a tiny island ( assuming that the claymore world is as big as ours). so maybe spie rubel is lieing about his objectives.
when are 2 guys trying to win ocur this:
win-win ( everbody wins cause the discuss and negotiat things)
win- lose ( 1 is better than other)
lose-lose (LOL)

so, the 2 country are in war right now or in peace( making new weapons to use at the right time at the right hour). so they are not interessed in negotiate in the real meaning of the word ( maybe they have fear that they win atack them when they relax), so only the 2 and 3 option wil be avaliable. if the org is real interessed in wining ( they won to a lot of countrys so they must have will to it) why in hell they would use just 1 island to reseach? there are more inslands cause i remeber rubel saying that, so the world must be quite big. for me they ( rubel country ) is trying to know how to produce yomas so they may start the same research awakened beings like a big weapon rush- having some weapon againt that weapon or having the same. this can be expected if they have fear from the new and improved awakened ( which can be more powerful than the dragoon country monsters)

mickeygrey
«are still far from thinking of the likes of miata a serious threat. »

me too. they come close of the renegate galateia and will not look for trouble themselfes unless trouble finds them. is something that i kinda hate. why defend humans and instead run for their lifes, is like they lack a couple of neurons. i even losed the respect i felted from galateia when she offers to follow clarice so she would not get hurt by the org. that is simple sick. yeah, yeah, i know that if humans are not near others humans they will start felling lonely and that is bad ( teresa) but the survival instint sould be more strong in such situations, right?
__________________
rafael1932 is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 10:00   Link #625
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
haha you guys at it again... Well i just lurked to see if my last post had anything and you guys are talking about my fav subject Clarice.

The specs about Clarice all depend on what you think of her, taken at face value she's either a pathetic shoe in for Clare's old slot or something else entirely. To add my 2 cents i don't think Clarice was supposed to get killed, i think that this was her training, she doesn't freeze up around AB's anymore, and the sheer number of yoma she's encountered in the 'wilds' where there's nothing for them to eat implies to me that the org threw wave after wave of them at her to get her xp up. Whilst relying on Miata to keep her alive. I don't know what is her thang as it were, but she nearly decapitated Agatha's sweet spot without the latter noticing till it was almost too late,and at a speed, far above her norm. This could be because Agatha was distracted or because of something entirely different.

If i recall in that arc itself Clarice couldn't jump to a building's roof where Miata could, yet when attacking Agatha she did a triple jump off of multiple buildings and was coming down on a multi story AB. Again i don't know if that's just motivation but i'm still thinking it's a tie in to Clare. A chapter back we had the did her hair change colour? discussion which i couldn't fully read cos of work commitments, but again she displayed a higher competence level and skill though was doing something that worried or weirded out Miata. And again Clare was relatively close by, though now in Glomp form. So i'm still thinking there is something to do with Clare there...
I've always thought there was something special with Clarice, although I'm not sure what it is. Yes Clarice's hair color changed in cm108. From what I gathered from it, her hair changed color when she used moar yoki. I guess this is Yagi's shout out 2 DBZ I suppose. I guess only time will tell what will become of Clarice and Miata.
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 10:32   Link #626
Falcor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lurking in a forum near you
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Falcor Send a message via Skype™ to Falcor
I honestly don't see any reason why Yagi would bother to write-in Miata and Clarice unless he has big plans for them. To give their characters so much "screen-time" just to abandon them now would be, from a writer's perspective, reckless. I'm with FAO on this issue - I expect some great things from these two in upcoming chapters.
Falcor is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 11:27   Link #627
Falcor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lurking in a forum near you
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Falcor Send a message via Skype™ to Falcor
Another stray thought

After reading through the witch's maw arc once more, I couldn't help but notice something that seems to have been entirely overlooked thus far. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't come across any old posts that even came close to mentioning this simple fact: that Clare was still under the influence of those suppressant pills during this entire encounter! I won't say anything further until somebody can confirm or deny this reasoning... as it's not worthy to go off on such a tangent without just cause.
Falcor is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 12:08   Link #628
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
After reading through the witch's maw arc once more, I couldn't help but notice something that seems to have been entirely overlooked thus far. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't come across any old posts that even came close to mentioning this simple fact: that Clare was still under the influence of those suppressant pills during this entire encounter! I won't say anything further until somebody can confirm or deny this reasoning... as it's not worthy to go off on such a tangent without just cause.

I can deny this... better yet Clare can. Just look at when she lost control of her yoki and nearly awakened in the chapter.



Also ch 92 confirmed quicksword can not be used unless one releases their yoki and Clare was using it through out the fight, even on the yoma before she meet Dauf. My speculation is that Clare released her yoki the moment that warrior died in her arms and that's why the towns foke got so shocked... because her eyes changed color and her voice went back to female.

----

Doesn't Clarice look so much better as a blonde??? And the answer is YES!!!














__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 12:12   Link #629
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
I honestly don't see any reason why Yagi would bother to write-in Miata and Clarice unless he has big plans for them. To give their characters so much "screen-time" just to abandon them now would be, from a writer's perspective, reckless. I'm with FAO on this issue - I expect some great things from these two in upcoming chapters.
I concur completely; as much as I already like them despite seeing so little of them, they wouldn't exist if he didn't have some sort of future outlined for them; that's what I like about him.

Pff, sorry Ryus, I don't agree; she's much more desirable when she's brunette
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 12:15   Link #630
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Pff, sorry Ryus, I don't agree; she's much more desirable when she's brunette

... If that was true than Miata would be paying more attention to her hair than her breasts.

However on the panel she went blonde Miata was like...
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 12:21   Link #631
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
... If that was true than Miata would be paying more attention to her hair than her breasts.

However on the panel she went blonde Miata was like...
No she wasn't! , she was like this: """ .

She doesn't like it when Mama turns yellow and starts saying "zeh"; it confuses people .
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 12:36   Link #632
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
No she wasn't! , she was like this: """ .

She doesn't like it when Mama turns yellow and starts saying "zeh"; it confuses people .
After 40 some chapter of avoiding looking Clarice in the face and only at her breasts, then finally noticing her face because of a hair color change means subconsciously she thought the new hair color was a vast improvement. She was just acting shocked since she was finally noticing how pretty mommy's face was too... thinking how did I miss that? ... .... ...

Plus maybe starring at her breasts was a sign that she was detecting her inner hotness potential...

Next chapter when Clarice is a brunette again Miata doesn't even look at Clarice again... thus proving she hated the reversion back to brunette .

Yagi has already explained that Miata subconsciously detects hotness (hence her being sent to track down Galatea) so when Miata takes note of something it means she's hot... and we all saw her reaction to the new hair color, thus proving how hot it is.

Also this proves Miria & Clare are indeed hotter than Galatea since Miata's hotness detector went wild on those two even among the hotness of all the other present and with there masked yoki's picked them up instantly and even commented on it. To clarify Miata did indeed confirm all where smoking hot (especially Galatea since she detected her through a city), just that those two are uber hot. Wait a moment... did Miata say those two where hotter than than everyone present or just of the 7 ghosts? This debate will never be settled now... Miata we need an answer!!!
__________________

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-11-15 at 12:50.
Ryus is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 12:57   Link #633
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Look on the bright side; you managed to use all those emocons in a single post; that's what you wanted right?
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 13:11   Link #634
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In a 2D paradise
err aren't you guys forgetting something... what about all those closed door moments they had? I don't think Miata only loves Clarice boobies hehe, well I see more to it than just boob sucking
__________________
An4rchy99 is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 13:24   Link #635
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Look on the bright side; you managed to use all those emocons in a single post; that's what you wanted right?
No... ... I just wanted to prove how awesome Clarice as a blonde is! The icons where just a bonus
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 13:54   Link #636
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Clarice is our cutie brunette in a world of sexy blondes. I don't want her to change.

Quote:
err aren't you guys forgetting something... what about all those closed door moments they had? I don't think Miata only loves Clarice boobies hehe, well I see more to it than just boob sucking

__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 13:58   Link #637
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In a 2D paradise
again telling me to lay off loli's ne? I can't help my affinity to psychotic stuff...
__________________
An4rchy99 is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 14:03   Link #638
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Well, there's Agatha. She's legal, hot and a slut. It doesn't get much better than that.
__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 14:18   Link #639
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In a 2D paradise
True, but my most beloved 2 beauties are in the nether world now... It's gonna take me ages to reach there from current estimates... So either I go for Prissy which wont be like by a certain rori-con like me or Miata... but tbh I like the duo together...
__________________
An4rchy99 is offline  
Old 2010-11-15, 14:42   Link #640
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
err aren't you guys forgetting something... what about all those closed door moments they had? I don't think Miata only loves Clarice boobies hehe, well I see more to it than just boob sucking


And to think people make fun of me for my interests

Roflmao, their's even a Clarice-blonde gif?
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.