AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Old 2013-07-09, 01:22   Link #41
Xero8420

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
My comment about that image is brief (and rather angry), but I'll put in spoiler tags just to be safe.

Spoiler for Response to image, Volume 12 Novel spoilers:
I see what you mean...

Still, I don't get it. Manami is a very nice girl throughout the series. But until episode 13, it turns out she was the one who responsible for the 'cold war' between the siblings. Was it a misunderstanding or something else?
Xero8420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 01:34   Link #42
liemtodaisu

Spoiler for Volume 11/12 Novel:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-09 at 01:42. Reason: added spoiler tags -- things not yet revealed in the anime
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 01:41   Link #43
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I see what you mean...

Still, I don't get it. Manami is a very nice girl throughout the series. But until episode 13, it turns out she was the one who responsible for the 'cold war' between the siblings. Was it a misunderstanding or something else?
Eh, saying she was "responsible" is an exaggeration. From Kirino's perspective, she seemed like a villain at the time (because she appeared to be standing in between her and her brother, and she seemingly took responsibility for his change in behaviour), but remember the episode was only told from Kirino's perspective. We already knew that Kirino had a major grudge against Manami, and it makes sense that it wasn't just because she was "plain" and a "very nice girl". But you haven't yet seen what Kyousuke was thinking, or what Manami herself was thinking at the time, so the story is incomplete.

And that aside, being a "very nice girl" doesn't mean she's completely without any hint of selfish desire. It's clear that she wants Kyousuke for herself just as much as any of the other girls in his life (as shown by the party in Episode 12, and previous episodes), but she has her ways of acting on it that are different from the other girls (who tend to be more direct/blunt -- generally because they're younger, and that's just their personalities).

Anyway, that's pretty much as far as the anime takes us so far, so on that front we have to wait to see the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemtodaisu View Post

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-09 at 01:55.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 02:27   Link #44
liemtodaisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Eh, saying she was "responsible" is an exaggeration. From Kirino's perspective, she seemed like a villain at the time (because she appeared to be standing in between her and her brother, and she seemingly took responsibility for his change in behaviour), but remember the episode was only told from Kirino's perspective. We already knew that Kirino had a major grudge against Manami, and it makes sense that it wasn't just because she was "plain" and a "very nice girl". But you haven't yet seen what Kyousuke was thinking, or what Manami herself was thinking at the time, so the story is incomplete.

And that aside, being a "very nice girl" doesn't mean she's completely without any hint of selfish desire. It's clear that she wants Kyousuke for herself just as much as any of the other girls in his life (as shown by the party in Episode 12, and previous episodes), but she has her ways of acting on it that are different from the other girls (who tend to be more direct/blunt -- generally because they're younger, and that's just their personalities).

Anyway, that's pretty much as far as the anime takes us so far, so on that front we have to wait to see the rest.

Spoiler for For vol11&12 novel:
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters