AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-06-22, 00:00   Link #2361
Somethindarker
The Man.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Tell that to Oreimo. Kuroneko was very popular in popularity back then. Until the series finale, she got a heart-wrenching end. And the fan base enraged and threatened to give the author a piece of mind.

I fear the same would happen to Sena fan base in this series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
To Oreimo, Shuffle, Mashiro Symphony, Clannad, etc.
Did you guys even read the post? Or just saw someone mention "popularity poll"? What do those stories have to do with Haganai? Or better yet, what do they have to do with my point? I'm not even responding to your "statements" so please just end it here.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 13:33   Link #2362
zerozeronine
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: neverneverland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
Did you guys even read the post? Or just saw someone mention "popularity poll"? What do those stories have to do with Haganai? Or better yet, what do they have to do with my point? I'm not even responding to your "statements" so please just end it here.
I think they meant that popularity is not the way to determine the "winner" in a harem series,even development,it's who the author wants to end the MC with,
Spoiler for Comparison to Oreimo:
which I know,polls are nothing I just keep on pointing about the polls that some Sena fans in the past also kept on harping how popular she was,and sure end girl in this thread but I point how she fell from the most important poll in Japan and I get attacked for bringing up popularity polls

But don't mind them,it's your opinion after all.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-06-23 at 01:19. Reason: please use spoiler tags when talking about other series
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 23:38   Link #2363
Xero8420
The Enigmatic One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
Saying that popularity poll is a "FACT" to determine the likelihood of who will be the winner, is not a correct way. Because it don't necessarily applied in every harem series, as the most popular one doesn't mean she's definitely the end girl, no. If people think like that basing on popularity, they're sadly mistaken as they may not realize that chances are their wishful thinking might backfire them when that's not the ending they were expecting. Generalizing something based on perceptions don't actually seem convincing at all. You cannot think this way. The best way is not to keep your expectations high, but not too low either. It's up to the author to decide who would be the end girl, as long as it's not an asspull one.

Also, I'm not an unreasonable person who would just simply go ballistic on you like you think. Because when you said "popularity poll is a FACT to determine the winner", I would throw those words back to you.

Even though it's your opinion, it doesn't mean that it can't be disputed when flaws were discovered from your statement. And no one is forcing you to continue the debate nor to end it just because it's unbearable for you.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 00:13   Link #2364
Somethindarker
The Man.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Saying that popularity poll is a "FACT" to determine the likelihood of who will be the winner, is not a correct way. Because it don't necessarily applied in every harem series, as the most popular one doesn't mean she's definitely the end girl, no. If people think like that basing on popularity, they're sadly mistaken as they may not realize that chances are their wishful thinking might backfire them when that's not the ending they were expecting. Generalizing something based on perceptions don't actually seem convincing at all. You cannot think this way. The best way is not to keep your expectations high, but not too low either. It's up to the author to decide who would be the end girl, as long as it's not an asspull one.

Also, I'm not an unreasonable person who would just simply go ballistic on you like you think. Because when you said "popularity poll is a FACT to determine the winner", I would throw those words back to you.

Even though it's your opinion, it doesn't mean that it can't be disputed when flaws were discovered from your statement. And no one is forcing you to continue the debate nor to end it just because it's unbearable for you.
You basically expanded on what I said. The only reason I originally mentioned popularity polls was to say that Sena was in the lead at the time in the polls, not to state she was going to win, and that she had the most character development. The "fact" I mentioned was only to correct a previous poster that they have influenced the winner in stories in the past just like sometimes the stories take detours and someone out of left field is chosen. Personally I could give a shit about popularity polls or who main girl is. What I DO pay attention to is formulas I've seen in the past with other stories or what makes sense from a writing stand point.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 23:18   Link #2365
reynoldszac
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Oh my god. Everything I've read so far after not reading anything on this series for a couple months pretty much gave me the picture of a train wreck. And when I say train wreck I mean the Sena train crashing into the Yozora and Rika trains and Yukimuras for a huge pile up what the hell is going on?!

Last edited by reynoldszac; 2014-07-01 at 12:04.
reynoldszac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 13:16   Link #2366
Daysun22
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
so, I'm at a loss here. Kodaka is dating Yukimura now? What about Sena? Also, when did Vol. 10 come out?

and from the looks of it, the LN series just got cancelled?
Daysun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 13:21   Link #2367
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daysun22 View Post
so, I'm at a loss here. Kodaka is dating Yukimura now? What about Sena? Also, when did Vol. 10 come out?

and from the looks of it, the LN series just got cancelled?
It didn't get cancelled... though next volume could possibly be the last one (depending on how much misdirection is going on). Volume 10 just came out recently, and it ended with a cliffhanger that seemed to imply that Kodaka had accepted Yukimura's confession after being stunned by her kissing him... but we'll have to see what it all means next volume. I don't think Sena or any of the other girls know that Yukimura made her move yet, nor do we know what their reaction to it is going to be... But given that the central plot of the series resolved around the friendship club, and now most of them have acknowledged that they are actually friends, the central premise of the work is wrapping up.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 13:25   Link #2368
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u Lucina/dancer girl
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In the arm of the Lucina... Duh!
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It didn't get cancelled... though next volume could possibly be the last one. Volume 10 just came out recently, and it ended with a cliffhanger that seemed to imply that Kodaka had accepted Yukimura's confession after being stunned by her kissing him... but we'll have to see what it all means next volume. I don't think Sena or any of the other girls know that Yukimura made her move yet, nor do we know what their reaction to it is going to be...
Honesty I'm skeptic about this whole Kodaka accepting Yukimura's confession, it just so out of character for him. I'm having a feeling that there might be a troll at work doing this, until someone here who actually has the volume and it said Kodaka really accepted her confession. Until then I'm kinda treating this as some really good trolling instead.
__________________
Saki taking a short break. Fire Emblem 2015 HYPE!!!
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 13:50   Link #2369
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Honesty I'm skeptic about this whole Kodaka accepting Yukimura's confession, it just so out of character for him. I'm having a feeling that there might be a troll at work doing this, until someone here who actually has the volume and it said Kodaka really accepted her confession. Until then I'm kinda treating this as some really good trolling instead.
I don't think anyone's trolling in terms of what it actually said in the volume. He gets cornered and kissed, and realizes that Yukimura is that serious about him and has been all along, and in response to that he accepts her request. But that doesn't necessarily mean that this is like a wedding engagement already, or that he's realized that she's the true love of his life already or something. It doesn't necessarily negate his feelings for the other heroines either, like he decided he wasn't in love with Sena, Rika, or whoever else. We'll see how it all plays out.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 17:03   Link #2370
Pablete
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't think anyone's trolling in terms of what it actually said in the volume. He gets cornered and kissed, and realizes that Yukimura is that serious about him and has been all along, and in response to that he accepts her request.
Until that part is when the vol.10 ending.

Such a painful cliffhanger for readers...


Btw, is it me or other author is giving some critics to Hirasaka Yomi's?
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-25088.html



lol I read also someone saying that if the author isn't careful he is going to end like Infinite Stratos's author
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 21:07   Link #2371
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Apparently, Kouta Akizuki wrote ラブ妹 素直な自分になれる魔法.
The article also mentions the "seating order" explanation in the light novels.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 224. Plan to watch: 40.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 03:57   Link #2372
mblaney
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
I read rumors that volume 11 will be the final one. Does anyone know if this is true?
mblaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 07:28   Link #2373
Somethindarker
The Man.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaney View Post
I read rumors that volume 11 will be the final one. Does anyone know if this is true?
The series is already over, lol. Volume 11 is an epilogue. Good riddance, the author really really dropped the ball with this story.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 09:51   Link #2374
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Yukinura end?... how?, I mean when was it ever hinted that she would be the end girl? Are you seriously telling me that she got partially developed amd got to be the end girl within the same volume? How does that even make sense?

So what about Sena? The one that got developed to hell and back, the Kodaka said he loved and said he'd wait until after graduation to date, the one he told that he wasn't thinking of dating anyone else from the club, the one that was hinted since long ago to be the end girl, what the hell happened to all of that? Did none of that matter?

So he loved Rika too? Didn't he just like her as a friend, which is why they became friends?

So Yozora's problem got fixed in an instant?

Yukimura? Really? I mean I like her and all but she never seemed like end girl material, I mean come in she basically jad the same problem as Yozora in that they both only fixated on Kodaka and never thought much of anyone else in the club.

So I basically wasted my time yet again on another series, this is literally Oreimo 2.0, if the spoiler are true than this was an a-hole move on the authors part and I won't be reading anything by this author again (just like with Oreimo).
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 14:14   Link #2375
supersmashman50
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
I swear if sena doesn't win then I feel like i have wasted so much time reading this stuff. Not because i'm a die hard sena fan, but because so much of this story was devoted to learning about her life, her family, and her connection to kodaka. compared to sena, we as the reader barely know anything about yukimura, rika, or even yozora's lives beyond school and the club. If the author knew from the start that it wasn't going to be sena who won, or if he just hadn't decided yet he could have fleshed out the other candidates back stories a bit more.
supersmashman50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 19:36   Link #2376
Pablete
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
It seems what I heard about the author being mediocre when finishing his previous series was indeed true.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 14:31   Link #2377
bastek66
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 27
What's Japanese readers' reaction to this blunder of the century?
__________________
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 18:52   Link #2378
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
The series is already over, lol. Volume 11 is an epilogue. Good riddance, the author really really dropped the ball with this story.
I think it's worth waiting to see what the author meant by that. Keep in mind that, in the author's opinion, the key point of the story was the progression of the club and their friendship, and not Kodaka's love life. So an epilogue to the story of the club doesn't necessarily mean that the cliffhanger ending of the recent volume is all there is to say about everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So what about Sena? The one that got developed to hell and back, the Kodaka said he loved and said he'd wait until after graduation to date, the one he told that he wasn't thinking of dating anyone else from the club, the one that was hinted since long ago to be the end girl, what the hell happened to all of that? Did none of that matter?
It simply hasn't been dealt with at all yet. People are completely rushing to the conclusion that this is a Yukimura end just because of a cliffhanger, but the resolution and denouement has yet to happen. Even if he does end up dating her, there are still a lot of loose ends to wrap up. It's not like he made a consideration of all the love interests in his life and decided rationally that she was the girl he loved most of all.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 17:04   Link #2379
Kadmos1
≠epic failure
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Glendale, AZ
Age: 28
In that I haven't read the LN yet (other than skimming through the translations), while I know it might not be set in stone yet, is Sena currently the girl most likely that Kodaka will end up with?
__________________
≠epic fail
Kadmos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 17:08   Link #2380
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
In that I haven't read the LN yet (other than skimming through the translations), while I know it might not be set in stone yet, is Sena currently the girl most likely that Kodaka will end up with?
Ha.

Hahaha.

Hahahahahahahaha!

Oh you poor, poor summer child, you don't know what has been discussed these last pages, do you?
__________________
But more important than any of these was the vast, accretive weight of small things, from planes which hadnít crashed to men and women who had come to the correct place at the perfect time and thus founded generations. He saw kisses exchanged in doorways and wallets returned and men who had come to a splitting of the way and chosen the right fork. He saw a thousand random meetings that werenít random, ten thousand right decisions, a hundred thousand right answers, a million acts of unacknowledged kindness.

For every brick that landed on the ground instead of some little kidís head, for every tornado that missed the trailer park, for every missile that didnít fly, for every hand stayed from violence, there was the Tower.

óThe Dark Tower, Wolves of the Calla
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.