AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Old 2011-09-23, 02:04   Link #221
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
HeHe i love her more
but not more than i do.

Quote:
looks like in volume 7, much like Kuroneko, Kobato is isolated from her class and is probably being made fun of by her classmates, while Maria watches helplessly.
i quess it was time to have some development on the lolis, and i quess some serious issues would be good to the story.
Old 2011-09-23, 12:15   Link #222
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
HeHe i love her more
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
but not more than i do.
I love her in a way only a girl can
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 00:56   Link #223
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
not so much as ambiguous perhaps but rather multiple interpretations. though I take the word as where it comes from (ie. Real life + Fulfilling), so I'm following this:
実際の現実の生活(リアル生活)が充実している人間のこと:
- 恋人や友人付き合いに恵まれる
- サークル活動や飲み会へ参加する
- オタク以外の趣味を楽しむ

for example, Kirino is a Riajuu with Otaku interests using this take. while Yozora and gang (minus Kobato, Rika and Sena) are non-Otaku non-Riajuus, while Sena, Rika and Kobato are Otaku non-Riajuus. this may contradict what I said about Sena, but what I really mean is while Yozora and gang sees themselves as non-Riajuu, while they can't interact with the people outside of their circle, I'd say they are pretty much having a fulfilling real life with the other members of the Neighbors Club.
Well, I also take it for the word, fulfilling real life, and a fulfilling real life wouldn't get you looking for friend from 2D world like Sena or other otaku according to the Japanese interpretation IMO.

Although, fulfilling is different from people to people and each people has their own standard. Some people think that having many friends and making merry with them is fulfilling, while some people(me included) that crowdedness is annoying and prefer the company of a few people or being alone more fulfilling. Oh well, let's not drag the conversation further, since from what I read, the new loli is a little strange too so her opinion isn't valid anyway :P

Spoiler for vol 7:
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 05:58   Link #224
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Well, I also take it for the word, fulfilling real life, and a fulfilling real life wouldn't get you looking for friend from 2D world like Sena or other otaku according to the Japanese interpretation IMO.

Although, fulfilling is different from people to people and each people has their own standard. Some people think that having many friends and making merry with them is fulfilling, while some people(me included) that crowdedness is annoying and prefer the company of a few people or being alone more fulfilling. Oh well, let's not drag the conversation further, since from what I read, the new loli is a little strange too so her opinion isn't valid anyway :P

Spoiler for vol 7:
summary,please?
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 06:14   Link #225
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I love Yozora~
Quote:
HeHe i love her more
Quote:
but not more than i do.
LOL it's funny coz just maybe three months ago everyone is "Meat, meat" and all the Yozora talks were negative.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 06:51   Link #226
Kyouka
Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
LOL it's funny coz just maybe three months ago everyone is "Meat, meat" and all the Yozora talks were negative.
i always loved her! noo meat for me
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 07:04   Link #227
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
summary,please?
Haven't finished reading it, and but so far, the skits are

Spoiler for vol 7:

Well, I have only read this far, but taking a sneak peek at the end

Spoiler for vol 7 ending:

Really, my opinion of Rika has gone up a lot after taking a sneak peek at the end of the volume, and it seems haganai might take a little serious plot here and there from now on after this relevation.

Quote:
Well, yozora can be quite cute when just like what she shown in this volume at the cat-cafe.
Old 2011-09-24, 08:46   Link #228
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
Heh! You naive boy! They're on the anime thread already, just only few (4-5) are still here.

Quote:
Well, yozora can be quite cute when just like what she shown in this volume at the cat-cafe.
And its quite funny how the author is trying so hard to sell that to us . Its kinda late for that.

Quote:
Rika hints that Kodaka is not the dense character he pretends to be,
Again, it seems the author has read the post on internet saying things as Kodaka is a dense as Ichika/Natsuru... . The author is trying to patch some things lately .

Quote:

Really, my opinion of Rika has gone up a lot after taking a sneak peek at the end of the volume, and it seems haganai might take a little serious plot here and there from now on after this relevation.
Or maybe not, afterall from vol. 5 to vol.6 things changed from serious mode to a light mode.

Btw, kuroishinigami, did the vol.7 was only Yozora centered?

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-09-24 at 09:03.
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 09:43   Link #229
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I love Yozora~
I still don't....she's still a jerk....a cute jerk but then...she always was...in a way...
Old 2011-09-24, 10:09   Link #230
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

It's never too late, especially when there isn't an end in sight.

Base on kuroishinigami's summary, they've reached yet another small milestone in the story, centering on the siblings fear/reluctance to change. This could really go either way- I'm not a big fan of characters dragging their feet.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 11:45   Link #231
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Heh! You naive boy! They're on the anime thread already, just only few (4-5) are still here.

And its quite funny how the author is trying so hard to sell that to us . Its kinda late for that.

Again, it seems the author has read the post on internet saying things as Kodaka is a dense as Ichika/Natsuru... . The author is trying to patch some things lately .

Or maybe not, afterall from vol. 5 to vol.6 things changed from serious mode to a light mode.

Btw, kuroishinigami, did the vol.7 was only Yozora centered?
More like Rika-centered I think. From the illustration, the rest of the skits are Kobato one, 2 Rika one, and Ria-ou introduction skin(not sure about this one). I'll confirm once I finish reading.

Edit : Let's get the rest of the skits going then.

Spoiler for vol 7:

There. Sorry for being a half-assed summary. Don't have time to do a detailed one. Feel free to ask here if you want to know something more about the volume. I'll answer the question if I can, but I will not answer repeated questions.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2011-09-25 at 04:56. Reason: spoiler tag
Old 2011-09-25, 07:24   Link #232
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:
There. Sorry for being a half-assed summary. Don't have time to do a detailed one. Feel free to ask here if you want to know something more about the volume. I'll answer the question if I can, but I will not answer repeated questions.
Hmmm, not exactly sure what to make of this development of the characters in the story... My first impression is that there's a lot of unnecessary drama heading our way- What I mean by unnecessary drama is the problem falls onto the characters to just do the 'right' thing but for whatever personal reasons are unable or unwilling.

Oh well...

Old 2011-09-25, 07:55   Link #233
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Spoiler for opinion to answer chaos' post, very very mild spoiler:

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2011-09-25 at 07:56. Reason: spoiler tagged just to be sure
Old 2011-09-25, 08:18   Link #234
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:
Spoiler for opinion to answer chaos' post, very very mild spoiler:

Spoiler for Opinion as well:
Old 2011-09-25, 08:41   Link #235
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, the latest volume shed the most light on Yozora, Rika, and Kodaka the most, with a good amount of Kobato, a little of Maria and Sena(especially on her growing attraction toward Kodaka, as if it's not already that obvious already), and none at all on Yukimura(seriously, it feels like Yukimura is just there for the fan service. Give us a little back story or a little inside on her character already dang it! *huff huff huff* sorry for the rant XD).

Like I said, I kinda like the latest volume actually because it feels like the author finally take the step forward with his story and start to touch on the main issue of this series instead of keeping it stale in favor of keeping his old fan base(*hinting at IS' author* :P). I start to feel that this series mind rival baka to test in term of the comedy-with-a-little-bit-of-seriousness-here-and-there genre with baka to test winning on the comedy side and this one winning on the seriousness(drama) part(P.S. Well, since I haven't been posting on this series that much, I might have not mention that I have always felt this series is an inferior version of baka to test before I read this volume. No flaming please, this is just personal opinion).
Old 2011-09-25, 08:51   Link #236
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

I get what you mean with the baka test comparison; and I also feel that it is inferior to baka test in some way.

*Notices the pitchforks, and flaming torches, and pitchforks with flaming torches so that they burn when they stab*

Eh to elaborate my point- One of the main draw I kept hearing before I read the Light Novel was how these character kept getting themselves into crazy situations and just going nuts with conventional wisdom. But after reading up to vol 4, I find that most of the skits are pretty normal in their setting and there is really only a handful of ways it would end.

I don't know if this is my expectations gone wrong, but the situations they get themselves into aren't really that engaging because they're still somewhat grounded in reality, and the results rather predictable very quickly. Yozora screws Sena and Maria, Sena runs out crying, Kobato fights with Maria, Maria runs out naked, Rika brings up some adult material, Yukimura does some borderline gay stuff (We didn't know at that time), and Kodaka watches.

Where as in Baka-Test well- That's some crazy ass situation they've got themselves into High school is never just high school. A field trip is never just a field trip. A test of courage becomes a battlefield, and a baseball game is...
Old 2011-09-25, 15:52   Link #237
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i actually think one of the charms of the series, its how situations can be real and you can relate to situations of characters, also kuroishigami said, probably lots of things that seem to come from other LN and mangas are intended, but happen in a most realisctic way.
i also think the more dramatic approach of the series is good, and it seems the characters are developing kind of good, ive always have thought that yozoras abuse of the word rape migth be hinting some heavy character development in the future, but it could be brushed off saying that she secretly loves rape doujinshi thou.
Old 2011-09-25, 16:37   Link #238
ZODDGUTS

Did not like the comedy in Baka Test got too redundant especially with that trap's character. Can't say I'm surprise that series bombed hard.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 16:54   Link #239
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Did not like the comedy in Baka Test got too redundant especially with that trap's character. Can't say I'm surprise that series bombed hard.
It didn't. The Anime sales are slightly above average but not fantastic like other big name adaptations, but Light Novel sales are well above 100k per volume and one of the best selling titles currently in the industry along side Index and OreImo.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-09-25 at 17:58. Reason: typo
Old 2011-09-25, 19:02   Link #240
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Bombed? What are you talking about? Baka to test is still one of the most popular light novel series in Japan. Haganai is taking over as the most popular comedy light novel in 2011, but Baka to Test is still solid on the light novel ranking even in 2011 too(no 3 in kono light novel ga sugoi 2011, used to be no. 1 in 2010) so it definitely not bombed.

Please don't base your judgment solely on the anime when talking about light novel because most anime adaptation sucked(just like baka to test season 1, season 2 is better but still not as good as the LN). Haganai have the chance to bombed its anime too, but let's hope for the best that it won't.

And when you're talking about redundant joke, most comedy series will end up like that. That happened with baka to test trap joke and jealousy joke, and it happened with haganai's Yukimura's joke and Rika's fujoushi joke too.

Quote:
i actually think one of the charms of the series, its how situations can be real and you can relate to situations of characters, also kuroishigami said, probably lots of things that seem to come from other LN and mangas are intended, but happen in a most realisctic way.
i also think the more dramatic approach of the series is good, and it seems the characters are developing kind of good, ive always have thought that yozoras abuse of the word rape migth be hinting some heavy character development in the future, but it could be brushed off saying that she secretly loves rape doujinshi thou.
Well, for me the reason is much more simpler, the comedy on baka to test work better for me than the skit-like comedy here which I think is too short.

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, school life, shounen