AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-11-06, 23:42   Link #401
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoiler for post-Momotaro chapter:
I was asking for the anime version, but since it was connected to the manga and LN, might ask it again here.

I checked on the raw LN file I have, and the word is indeed "sex". Though Maria said "sex" in hiragana (せっくす), but then Rika said it in proper way, with the katakana (セックス). I figured that's why the translator for the manga made Maria said "Secks", to emphasize her innocence of the term. Then again, seems LN has more freedom to use rude language as I noticed there's "ochinchin" (おちんちん) written on same chapter and then "fuck" (ファック) and "fucking" (ファッキン) when Rika snapped riding the roller coaster

On the previous episode I also remember Rika and Yozora said "rape", though in Japanese and I can't check it on the LN since I don't know the Japanese word for that
Also didn't "bitch" was also safe to be said on anime, since I vaguely remember "bitch" was spoken on past episodes. Even Kuroneko (OreImo) said it, didn't she? So I assume it was considered an ok word for Japanese?

The point is, the "sex" word is not forbidden on the LN (and manga), but why they censored it on the anime while "rape" and "bitch" is safe? Is the word forbidden or was it just so they can make joke with Kobato threw her bunny doll to Maria's face? I thought being aired past midnight, it's going to be ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv
i personally thinks it implies she did it so she look more feminine, and dont have the trouble of beign seen as a boy, but judging from the sumary of kuroishigami that fueled yozoras problem with attachment.
What I meant is Yozora said the last time she went to beauty salon was 10 years ago. It's the same time when Kodaka left her becase he had to move.

Back then, Yozora seems not as anti-social like she is now. She helped Kodaka, a boy she didn't know, who was being bullied by other kids and she can talk to them and Kodaka just fine, so I thought back then she didn't hate riajuu and an anti-social person yet.

And yes, I do remember kuroishinigami summary that said
Spoiler for :
Old 2011-11-07, 01:33   Link #402
nestea2004

Send a message via AIM to nestea2004 Send a message via Yahoo to nestea2004
Dumb question..but where can can I find the light novels? I have been searching but all I have found are the fan translations (is there a actual company translating them now?)
nestea2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 02:22   Link #403
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea2004 View Post
Dumb question..but where can can I find the light novels? I have been searching but all I have found are the fan translations (is there a actual company translating them now?)
No, there are no official translation of this Light Novel.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 03:29   Link #404
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

@bakAnk
from what we know 10 years ago yozora didnt had any friends, she migth really had problems with people bullying others, but probably at that time she wasnt so screwed, after all there are tons of hints that she went through some stuff after kodakas parting.
Old 2011-11-07, 20:38   Link #405
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
I checked on the raw LN file I have, and the word is indeed "sex". Though Maria said "sex" in hiragana (せっくす), but then Rika said it in proper way, with the katakana (セックス). I figured that's why the translator for the manga made Maria said "Secks", to emphasize her innocence of the term. Then again, seems LN has more freedom to use rude language as I noticed there's "ochinchin" (おちんちん) written on same chapter and then "fuck" (ファック) and "fucking" (ファッキン) when Rika snapped riding the roller coaster
I could have sworn that Secks was a pun to a musical band or something and that I just didn't get it. Then again, I'll probably never known.

Quote:
On the previous episode I also remember Rika and Yozora said "rape", though in Japanese and I can't check it on the LN since I don't know the Japanese word for that
犯す Okasu. It's actually a very common usage word and doesn't always has the connotation of sexual rape (it can describe other non sexual crimes).

Quote:
Also didn't "bitch" was also safe to be said on anime, since I vaguely remember "bitch" was spoken on past episodes. Even Kuroneko (OreImo) said it, didn't she? So I assume it was considered an ok word for Japanese?
For what I'm aware, there are like a zillion of ways of saying Bitch, and most of them don't have that connotation 95% of the time, so many of the mildest form could probably easily be considered safe words for TV.

Quote:
The point is, the "sex" word is not forbidden on the LN (and manga), but why they censored it on the anime while "rape" and "bitch" is safe?
While the above points kinda explain this, remember that also TV stations have regulations, probably there is no blind spot into using the word "sex" as it's too specific being a.... What was the word? Wasei Eigo ( 和製英語 )??? (No. That wasn't, I think).

Quote:
What I meant is Yozora said the last time she went to beauty salon was 10 years ago. It's the same time when Kodaka left her becase he had to move.

Back then, Yozora seems not as anti-social like she is now. She helped Kodaka, a boy she didn't know, who was being bullied by other kids and she can talk to them and Kodaka just fine, so I thought back then she didn't hate riajuu and an anti-social person yet.

Spoiler for :
For what I understand what's the worst thing that happened to Yozora early on was being betrayed by her only friend (the one that was supposed to be worth over a 100 people), other incidents that had happened to her are probably secondary to that trauma, so it's pretty easy to guess that she might have been a pretty regular strong minded person for that age at that point....

Spoiler:

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-11-10 at 20:46.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 21:29   Link #406
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

we really need more context and info on yozoras past, i mean, kuroishigami mentioned that in the connect LN its mentioned tomo-chan is created after a incident she had in middleschool, im not sure that kodaka leaving was what changed her, i think she recognices it was her mistake for not showing, also she doesnt show any ressentment towards kodaka.
Old 2011-11-07, 21:32   Link #407
LC
Shocking Pink

Are there any type of summaries for the LN? What was up with
Spoiler for novel:
Old 2011-11-07, 21:34   Link #408
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
Are there any type of summaries for the LN? What was up with
Spoiler for novel:
Are you referring to Vol 4's little gathering?
Old 2011-11-07, 21:35   Link #409
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Are you referring to Vol 4's little gathering?
Yes, I believe so.
Old 2011-11-07, 21:42   Link #410
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
Yes, I believe so.
Spoiler for .:

Prologue of volume 4 has been translated on Baka Tsuki.
Old 2011-11-07, 21:45   Link #411
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for .:

Prologue of volume 4 has been translated on Baka Tsuki.
Thank you! :]

The interaction between Kodaka and Yozora was so presh in the prologue!

Last edited by LC; 2011-11-07 at 22:02. Reason: grammatical error..oop
LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 21:55   Link #412
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

In the end they settled for an indirect one with Kodaka drinking from her glass.
Old 2011-11-07, 22:33   Link #413
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

king game=kiss is a canvention in jpanese media, isnt it?
Old 2011-11-07, 22:36   Link #414
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
king game=kiss is a canvention in jpanese media, isnt it?
The problem comes when you have other guys in the game (Not that Kodaka would ever have this problem because he has no friends lolz), that's why people try not to go too crazy...

...Unless they got drunk *Cough Persona Cough*
Old 2011-11-07, 23:04   Link #415
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The problem comes when you have other guys in the game (Not that Kodaka would ever have this problem because he has no friends lolz), that's why people try not to go too crazy...

...Unless they got drunk *Cough Persona Cough*
well in persona the kiss was the less crazy order.
Old 2011-11-08, 07:45   Link #416
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

Kodaka just can't say a joke to save his life, and he's starting to get a little too dense for my liking.
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 08:13   Link #417
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Kodaka just can't say a joke to save his life, and he's starting to get a little too dense for my liking.
he sure have a weird sense of humor.
Spoiler for last novel spoilers:
Old 2011-11-08, 08:18   Link #418
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
There's another word for that, it's call indecisive
Old 2011-11-08, 09:41   Link #419
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

Quote:
Spoiler for I don't know if it applies to the rest:
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 12:33   Link #420
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
I was asking for the anime version, but since it was connected to the manga and LN, might ask it again here.

The point is, the "sex" word is not forbidden on the LN (and manga), but why they censored it on the anime while "rape" and "bitch" is safe? Is the word forbidden or was it just so they can make joke with Kobato threw her bunny doll to Maria's face? I thought being aired past midnight, it's going to be ok

Spoiler for :
Hm, I'm a little lost. Honestly, my memory with novels seem to be a little bad. I was talking about the chapter that was not manga-fied. Nevermind.

Was bitch ever used in Oreimo? Since in Japanese terms, "bitch" means "slut who's casual with men", which is a pretty grave insult to a woman, and very different from the wider scope of the English meaning of the same word.

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen