AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-08, 13:03   Link #421
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's another word for that, it's call indecisive
I have a better one:
Spoiler for Word:
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 13:13   Link #422
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Hm, I'm a little lost. Honestly, my memory with novels seem to be a little bad. I was talking about the chapter that was not manga-fied. Nevermind.

Was bitch ever used in Oreimo? Since in Japanese terms, "bitch" means "slut who's casual with men", which is a pretty grave insult to a woman, and very different from the wider scope of the English meaning of the same word.
Oh XD

I forgot if there were any on the actual episode (both TV anime and the DVD/Blu-ray version), but I clearly remember a character on one of the animated commentary used "bitch". It was also used on the PSP game by Kuroneko and Ayase. I thought it was too rude on the game where they tone-down "eroge" term to "ecchi na game"

It just like you and Okashira said, there is difference how Japanese and Western (and me as Indonesian ) interpret the word's meaning. And looks like there's also difference boundary which words can be used/said on LN, manga, and TV anime ^^


Still, I hope the Story Relay/Marathon chapter won't be omitted on the anime because it also contain mature content like the skipped manga chapter/screenplay
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 18:20   Link #423
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
I'm not sure if, we can call him a coward, i mean he sure is scared of change, but his fear is undertandable, he never had such good friends, and he don't want to risk that, well after the latest development he surely can't keep doing that.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 18:33   Link #424
akane kido
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in front my laptop
Anybody can tell me, what happen with this picture...its weird....
akane kido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 07:48   Link #425
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by akane kido View Post
Anybody can tell me, what happen with this picture...its weird....
This scene is where they are riding the train to a nearby town to buy a gift for Kobato's birthday party.

Kodaka starts criticizing Rika and Yukimura's choice of clothing (they always wear the same thing). They start discussing how they choose their clothes.

They get to Yozora and she tells them she buys the whole set as is from internet stores (because she's afraid to go shopping). She purposely chooses clothes marked as "boyish" because she thinks that they make her look like a boy and unattractive.

Sena and Kodaka explain to her that "boyish" in japanese fashion doesn't actually mean look like a boy. It just means that the style of the clothes are more unisex and she actually looks extremely attractive. Yozora doesn't believe them, and Kodaka points out that no boy would ever expose that much midriff. Yozora freaks out and she tries to cover herself, as you see in the picture.

To everyone in the thread: I just finished reading all 7 novels in Japanese. Anyone have questions/want spoilers?
__________________
I hope this meets the requirements...

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 11:33   Link #426
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
that image really gived me a whole different odea of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
To everyone in the thread: I just finished reading all 7 novels in Japanese. Anyone have questions/want spoilers?
by any chance you readed the connect mini novel? if you did, i wanna know what its said about yozoras past.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 20:08   Link #427
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
To everyone in the thread: I just finished reading all 7 novels in Japanese. Anyone have questions/want spoilers?
If you're willing to do it, spoilers/summaries for vol 6 please especially the Kobato's birthday party (and the after party with Maria and Kate)

Spoiler for :
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 21:02   Link #428
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Spoiler for childhood friend:


It's not apparent in the anime but some of the character roles in the virtual games are stunningly apt at describing some of the characters at a meta level:

Sena - black smith -> direct action type
Rika - sharp shooter -> both her outlandish fetishes and her insight into situations
Yozora - rozen maiden -> the innocent type (when it comes to certain subjects, pure love heh) with thorns
Kodaka - Wizard -> useless :P
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 22:08   Link #429
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Spoiler for childhood friend:
Thanks for confirmation

I have related questions though
Spoiler for :
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 22:46   Link #430
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Spoiler for about childhood friend:

Last edited by potchip; 2011-11-13 at 23:00.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 23:23   Link #431
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
that image really gived me a whole different odea of the situation.



by any chance you readed the connect mini novel? if you did, i wanna know what its said about yozoras past.
Connect doesn't tell anything about yozora past. The connect chapter is just basically a prologue of some sort from yozora's perspective.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 00:47   Link #432
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Yozora's club debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika
"Omggggggg Kodaka-senpai and a mysterious pretty boy!!"
You gotta love her.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 01:03   Link #433
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Connect doesn't tell anything about yozora past. The connect chapter is just basically a prologue of some sort from yozora's perspective.
thanks for the answer and excuse me if my fanboyism dont help me remeber well, but i think you mentioned, something of the origins of tomo chan, that was some incident, of that was all that was mentioned, or i just dreamed reading that.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 01:39   Link #434
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Yozora's club debut



You gotta love her.
Can you see the Yuri vibes? Can you?

The true pairing's Sena X Yozora thank you very much! Forget Kodaka, he's just the narrator of the imploding universe upon the true pairing. WITNESS...

Spoiler for Stalker Sena profile:
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 02:04   Link #435
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
After watched the anime, every time I read the LN where girl's pouting "Muuu", the image of Kobato is appearing in my mind

How Rika mind works always humor me, as well as Maria's innocence XDD

Quote:
"How am I supposed to deal with someone who I can't use insults or direct attacks against?"
LOL Yozora ;D


Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Can you see the Yuri vibes? Can you?

The true pairing's Sena X Yozora thank you very much! Forget Kodaka, he's just the narrator of the imploding universe upon the true pairing. WITNESS...

Spoiler for Stalker Sena profile:
I guess since Sena never had any girl friend before, she truly obsessed with Yozora, her first (sorta XD). So much that ...
Spoiler for :
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 06:46   Link #436
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
I guess since Sena never had any girl friend before, she truly obsessed with Yozora, her first (sorta XD). So much that ...
Spoiler for :
Lol that's not the reason. At least according to Sena herself.

There is a Japanese/Chinese parable where some historical figure gravely offends another figure (by killing his whole family? I think). And it took him like 20+ years to get his vengeance. But He reminded himself of his hatred by sleeping with an effigy of the other person every night etc.

This is what Sena claims she is trying to do by plastering Yozora all over her room :P.

Oh and summary for volume 6. Sure. I'll write one.

Also, what is the mini novel? I haven't seen anything like that.
__________________
I hope this meets the requirements...

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 11:51   Link #437
Zetsubo
著述遮断
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
This scene is where they are riding the train to a nearby town to buy a gift for Kobato's birthday party.

Kodaka starts criticizing Rika and Yukimura's choice of clothing (they always wear the same thing). They start discussing how they choose their clothes.

They get to Yozora and she tells them she buys the whole set as is from internet stores (because she's afraid to go shopping). She purposely chooses clothes marked as "boyish" because she thinks that they make her look like a boy and unattractive.

Sena and Kodaka explain to her that "boyish" in japanese fashion doesn't actually mean look like a boy. It just means that the style of the clothes are more unisex and she actually looks extremely attractive. Yozora doesn't believe them, and Kodaka points out that no boy would ever expose that much midriff. Yozora freaks out and she tries to cover herself, as you see in the picture.

To everyone in the thread: I just finished reading all 7 novels in Japanese. Anyone have questions/want spoilers?
I have one...

Edit: Never mind...
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 20:20   Link #438
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
thanks for the answer and excuse me if my fanboyism dont help me remeber well, but i think you mentioned, something of the origins of tomo chan, that was some incident, of that was all that was mentioned, or i just dreamed reading that.
Yes,it's mentioned in passing that a certainincident cause yozora to create tomo-chan, but the detail is not told at all.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 22:16   Link #439
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Yes,it's mentioned in passing that a certainincident cause yozora to create tomo-chan, but the detail is not told at all.
ok, thanks a lot, i was wondering if they had told the cause or not.

after reading the last LN update i can only say that it keeps hinting to me that sena likes yozora, more than just as a friend.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 17:50   Link #440
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
question concerning childhood friends

Spoiler for childhood friends:
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.