AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2010-11-10, 20:17   Link #41
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by le Frenchie View Post
Apparently, root boy is Sai's 'brother'.

From back when Sai/Naruto/Sakura were in Orochimaru's hideout.
Spoiler:

Current chapter.
Spoiler:
Called it! But I refuse to examine your evidence unless you color it.
Old 2010-11-10, 20:21   Link #42
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
The new panel or the old one?
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 20:51   Link #43
Gin
*Artist

How can I possibly make an accurate assessment unless they are both in color?
Old 2010-11-10, 21:53   Link #44
kusanagi25

i think kishi designed them for the movie. Now he wants to use them
kusanagi25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 21:55   Link #45
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Ooooh? That's very interesting. Which movie is it, I make it a rule not to watch them, but I might make an exception.
Old 2010-11-10, 21:56   Link #46
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusanagi25 View Post
i think kishi designed them for the movie. Now he wants to use them
Some authors do design characters they never get a chance to use. The shinigami from the forest in the Hueco Mundo filler arc in Bleach was a design by Kubo that he never got to use.
Old 2010-11-10, 21:58   Link #47
kusanagi25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Ooooh? That's very interesting. Which movie is it, I make it a rule not to watch them, but I might make an exception.
Its the third shippuden movie. Well this is the only scene you see them, but this movie was ok.
Old 2010-11-10, 22:01   Link #48
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

I just realised I did watch that movie. They never actually did anything in it, they were just sacrifices. So he's really just using their character designs. I like that. I hope he does them justice.
Old 2010-11-10, 22:04   Link #49
Yuutsu

What's the point in having Zabuza fight Kakashi... At this point, Zabuza is pretty much a mook.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 22:21   Link #50
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It's obvious that Kishi is using a double trick here: Madara said to Kabuto that he will not allow him to meet with Sasuke before the war ends. And then Kishi makes Kabuto and Madara the leaders of the war, which means Madara cannot allow Sasuke to join the war. The other part of the trick is the eye transplant, that allows Madara to control Sasuke temporarily. My guess is that black-Zetsu is lying to Sasuke about how much time he needs to recover, he is buying time for Madara to win this war.
This is good for the plot:
- again Kishi has made a trick to prevent Sasuke becoming the mass murderer of good guys
- it prevents the Naruto vs Sasuke fight which Madara was talking about, in the meantime Naruto can train
- while Madara is busy with the war Sasuke might find out some interesting informations about Madara, that would be cool

Good a little for the plot, but Naruto might be training again doesn't help me
Then no Naruto vs Sasuke is also upsetting that little feud needs to begin after this war ends
I am alright with Madara getting involved though. Look like I can sort of get back into Naruto again
Old 2010-11-10, 22:22   Link #51
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Wow. They are from that movie. I only really watched it because Shikamaru and the rookies had a big role. I don't even remember them.

Interesting that a lot of the complaints about the zombies were that Kishi was too lazy to create new characters. And now we see some of the zombies ARE new characters. Or at least characters we never saw before.

So I guess we can add Sai vs. Sai's brother to Shikamaru vs Asuma, Neji vs. Hizashi, Gaara vs. his dad, and Dan vs Tsunade.

I hope Kabuto doesn't turn too quickly and this is Naruto's version of Gin vs. Matsumoto with Kabuto sparing Anko for his own reasons. I hope he truly intends to kill Anko and does it. Anko dying would be the first real moment of the war. Team SasoDei killing the three mooks doesn't have the same impact. And I guess they will fight the Ambush Company. I really hope Kishi drags out the war for at least a year or two. Don't rush it. Naruto finally is getting good again.
Old 2010-11-10, 22:26   Link #52
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Wow. They are from that movie. I only really watched it because Shikamaru and the rookies had a big role. I don't even remember them.

Interesting that a lot of the complaints about the zombies were that Kishi was too lazy to create new characters. And now we see some of the zombies ARE new characters. Or at least characters we never saw before.

So I guess we can add Sai vs. Sai's brother to Shikamaru vs Asuma, Neji vs. Hizashi and Dan vs Tsunade.

I hope Kabuto doesn't turn too quickly and this is Naruto's version of Gin vs. Matsumoto with Kabuto sparing Anko for his own reasons. I hope he truly intends to kill Anko and does it. Anko dying would big the first real moment of the war. Team SasoDei killing the three mooks doesn't have the same impact. And I guess they will fight the Ambush Company. I really hope Kishi drags out the war for at least a year or too. Don't rush it. Naruto finally is getting good again.
I just noticed something at least one sad death for each anime that has just finished up war
Spoiler for Bleach and One Piece war manga:

That means Naruto might have a big death after this war ends
Old 2010-11-10, 22:36   Link #53
james0246

^Bye Bye Shikimaru...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 22:56   Link #54
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
I just noticed something at least one sad death for each anime that has just finished up war
Spoiler for Bleach and One Piece war manga:

That means Naruto might have a big death after this war ends
One of those is unconfirmed.
Old 2010-11-10, 23:06   Link #55
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
One of those is unconfirmed.
Spoiler for Bleach spoilers...:

Last edited by james0246; 2010-11-10 at 23:43.
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 23:32   Link #56
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
I just realised I did watch that movie. They never actually did anything in it, they were just sacrifices. So he's really just using their character designs. I like that. I hope he does them justice.
They're going to be fodder characters. Mark my words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post

Um, we just acknowledged that a good chunk of them are recycled characters from the movie.

Quote:
I hope Kabuto doesn't turn too quickly and this is Naruto's version of Gin vs. Matsumoto with Kabuto sparing Anko for his own reasons.
I will laugh my head off if that happens.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 23:39   Link #57
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Um, we just acknowledged that a good chunk of them are recycled characters from the movie.
Recycled character designs. As I pointed out, they did nothing -and- had no names in the movie. Going so far as to say they're fodder is mere speculation at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dede
I hope Kabuto doesn't turn too quickly and this is Naruto's version of Gin vs. Matsumoto with Kabuto sparing Anko for his own reasons. I hope he truly intends to kill Anko and does it.
Spoiler for Bleach Spoilers...:

Anyways, I don't think it's an appropriate comparison. I happen to think Anko will survive precisely because it would make no sense for Kabuto to go through the trouble of leading her to the hideout only to kill her off. As an Orochimaru disciple, they also share a few attributes which might, like Oro in the forest of Death, lead him to spare her.
Old 2010-11-10, 23:47   Link #58
christinemarie
Best Imouto

Naruto has become Suikoden. This is how war should start not the likes on Bleach where they no longer involved the other units.

Spoiler for random speculation:
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 23:59   Link #59
7thFonon
seventh fonon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
What's the point in having Zabuza fight Kakashi... At this point, Zabuza is pretty much a mook.
It's true that the Kakashi now with an improved Sharingan would definitely take Zabuza a lot easier now. But Zabuza was still a great ninja. Just because he showed up at the beginning of the series doesn't mean he's weak. Kakashi was already an adult during that fight, and compared to the growth of the younger ninjas (like Sasuke and Naruto), he really hasn't made THAT drastic of a change. That's because he's already an adult, and that's why the younger generation has surpassed him.

You have this DBZ mindset where people who are already at their peak in performance are able to quadruple their power and become fifty times as fast as they already were. That's not the case. The only ones who are doing that are the ones who haven't hit their peak (such as Sasuke and Naruto).

With that said, I think Zabuza could do some damage... especially because it's already been proven that his mist technique blocks out the Sharingan. And the only reason that Kakashi was allowed to summon his dogs during the mist was because Zabuza was already over-confident in his technique (Kakashi even announced to Zabuza that he had a change of plan... Zabuza still let him summon). That same mistake wouldn't happen again.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 00:02   Link #60
kusanagi25

the characters in the movie all had kekkei genki's so they have to be a little strong

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion