AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 18 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 34.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 22.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-13, 19:38   Link #81
Clarste
Human

If people can disappear under their own power without help from magic spirits... what kind of setting do you think this is supposed to be? It's a normal world + demons and spirits that hide themselves by erasing memories. Not a magical world with wizards and whatnot.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 21:32   Link #82
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
In Ayumi case, it's her incontrolable speed. And her relative sturdyness when crashing into every walls she encounters.
But the gap in Kanon is probably stronger than Ayumi or Mio, so are the side effects.

Damn Elsee for her inability to explain important things right from the start.
Like the number of runaway spirits...
The number of runaway spirits eh... I would think about 80 for the Capturing God to capture
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 21:34   Link #83
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
If people can disappear under their own power without help from magic spirits... what kind of setting do you think this is supposed to be? It's a normal world + demons and spirits that hide themselves by erasing memories. Not a magical world with wizards and whatnot.
You don't need wizards to have magic. As you said, it all depends on the setting, and the anime setting has not completely been explained so far. From what we have seen so far, it could perfectly be Kanon dissapearing on her own. And yes, I'm a manga reader.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 21:40   Link #84
Clarste
Human

You don't need to explain a setting like this. It's just implied that this is supposed to be the real world plus whatever the author adds to it. Like Reality Unless Noted
Old 2010-11-13, 21:48   Link #85
Vanish
Science Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Agreed to Clarste fully. Plus right after Kanon first turned invisible, Keima told Elsie to calm down and said that "that's impossible in real life". It's safe to take his word on it. And add an 'usually' to the sentence since it's an exception 100% caused by the loose soul.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 22:41   Link #86
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Agreed to Clarste fully. Plus right after Kanon first turned invisible, Keima told Elsie to calm down and said that "that's impossible in real life". It's safe to take his word on it. And add an 'usually' to the sentence since it's an exception 100% caused by the loose soul.
You know... the funny thing is: Elsie probably turned invisible when she was flying around with her robe (otherwise we will have everyone look up to her)

But does that mean Elsie is part of his "game world" now, since she's not in the "real world" side anymore
Old 2010-11-14, 03:46   Link #87
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
You know... the funny thing is: Elsie probably turned invisible when she was flying around with her robe (otherwise we will have everyone look up to her)

But does that mean Elsie is part of his "game world" now, since she's not in the "real world" side anymore
Elsee's a demon. All bets are off concerning her. And have we had one person remark on her odd outfit (when in demon garb), or mention that weird, undoubtedly dress-code defying stole she's always wearing with her school uniform? Some level of magical invisibility (or at least inconspicuity) is obviously involved, and perfectly logically acceptible...

...For Elsee. Kanon's disappearance, on the other hand, is very much out of the ordinary and only possible with the addition of a mystical element (in the form of a loose soul).

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-11-14 at 03:59.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 12:27   Link #88
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The number of runaway spirits eh... I would think about 80 for the Capturing God to capture
Spoiler for Note that I don't give the exact number... :p :

Last edited by mtarzaim; 2010-11-14 at 12:39. Reason: My keyboard makes spelling errors. It's true!
mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 17:24   Link #89
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Another great Kanon episode. Getting to know about her background (Citron etc.) made her even more adorable

Nice Streetfighter scene at the beginning. After understanding what had caused Kanon's disappearing, Keima felt guilty for having caused it by ignoring her and thus decided to take this serious now and help her out with her problems. During this, he started to like her. You can see that e.g. on his massive blush when he stroked her head, or on his having her songs on his Pfp and listening to them, playing a game on his Pfp which is about an idol (certainly no coincidence) and his remark how a relationship with an idol would be pretty good.

However, he also knows that Kanon will lose her memories once he captures her heart, and for the first time, it bothers him. As a reaction, he tries to keep a distance, e.g. by pretending to be uninterested when the TV brings the show about Kanon and Elsie is quite enthusiastic.

When Kanon finally has her first appearance on the great stage, Keima even goes to visit her. When the conclusion already seems tangible ("I can already seen the ending"), suddenly everything changes, and Kanon disappears. Things seem to be more difficult than initially assumed... How will Keima solve this?
Old 2010-11-14, 23:28   Link #90
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Another great Kanon episode. Getting to know about her background (Citron etc.) made her even more adorable

Nice Streetfighter scene at the beginning. After understanding what had caused Kanon's disappearing, Keima felt guilty for having caused it by ignoring her and thus decided to take this serious now and help her out with her problems. During this, he started to like her. You can see that e.g. on his massive blush when he stroked her head, or on his having her songs on his Pfp and listening to them, playing a game on his Pfp which is about an idol (certainly no coincidence) and his remark how a relationship with an idol would be pretty good.

However, he also knows that Kanon will lose her memories once he captures her heart, and for the first time, it bothers him. As a reaction, he tries to keep a distance, e.g. by pretending to be uninterested when the TV brings the show about Kanon and Elsie is quite enthusiastic.

When Kanon finally has her first appearance on the great stage, Keima even goes to visit her. When the conclusion already seems tangible ("I can already seen the ending"), suddenly everything changes, and Kanon disappears. Things seem to be more difficult than initially assumed... How will Keima solve this?
Spoken like a true Kanon fan... ^_^

For those of us who believe Keima takes a more clinical approach to his captures, those actions of his that you mention fit our view as well... With different reasonings behind them, of course. Not to mention a few of those things didn't happen in the manga...

Only goes to show that what is quite clearly a romantic comedy in the manga, has, thanks to the magic of demographics, become more of a comedic romance in the anime. Which is kind of odd when you think about it, because the one thing his "romance" clearly is, evident even at this stage of the story, is "serial" (which isn't very romantic).
Old 2010-11-15, 00:50   Link #91
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
You mean this one?

That's the sign from dal segno. When you get to the part marked DS, you go back and start playing from the sign. (As opposed to DC, da capo, which means to go back and play from all the way back at the beginning)
Ah yes, that's it. Thank you.

I can't believe I've forgotten so much after not playing for 8 years.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 10:51   Link #92
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

It's hilarious that Keima's mother treat Elsee as her own daughter ^^
While Keima facepalm when he saw it
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 16:49   Link #93
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
I thought Keima said ("I can already see the ending") when Kanon dissapered at the end of the episode, and he already knows how to solve it? Or that's how the episode went when I watched it.
Old 2010-11-15, 22:11   Link #94
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Finally, caught up with this series.

This was a good episode. A lot of it is pretty predictable but it's still fun. Itou Kanae as Elsee (or however you spell it, lol) makes every episode enjoyable too.
Old 2010-11-15, 22:25   Link #95
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I thought Keima said ("I can already see the ending") when Kanon dissapered at the end of the episode, and he already knows how to solve it? Or that's how the episode went when I watched it.
Yeah, her disappearing was actually the trigger for seeing the ending. Before she disappears she was on a bad path where she was just being needy and dependent with no real love or emotional resolution. Keima would probably consider the previous situation a trap if it had gone on much longer.
Old 2010-11-16, 08:02   Link #96
MikeyGrey
believe...

this spirit capturing with love is all good for the first few but does he seriously expect to keep on using the same method forever? he'd be in royal trouble if they retained/regained their memories lol. but worse still, what if he can no longer separate his emotional self from real and falls for someone... wonder what'll happen if he ends up depressed with a spirit inside him

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
MikeyGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 09:09   Link #97
Vanish
Science Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGrey View Post
this spirit capturing with love is all good for the first few but does he seriously expect to keep on using the same method forever?
He doesn't know another method
Spoiler for slight manga spoiler hint:

Quote:
he'd be in royal trouble if they retained/regained their memories lol.
Heh, he would... except that the girls don't exactly retain/regain their memories
Spoiler for another manga spoiler hint:

Quote:
but worse still, what if he can no longer separate his emotional self from real and falls for someone...
It would be hella entertaining to say the least, though I'd say that won't happen anytime soon, or ever, knowing Keima.

Quote:
wonder what'll happen if he ends up depressed with a spirit inside him
There's a reason why so far there's only been girls with them. Elaborating would also spoil the fun.
Old 2010-11-16, 09:58   Link #98
tsunade666

I think that should have been elaborated on Mio's arc or maybe I'm mixing up things. Because at some point Kami would get angry at why there's been only troublesome girls as the host.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 11:11   Link #99
Vanish
Science Member

Nah, Keima said that Mio's personality would make for a rather easy capture, hence the Iron Maiden stuff. Hard shell, weak core. ^^
After his first encounter with Kanon did he wonder why loose souls only chose troublesome girls. Highlight the word 'troublesome' and not 'girls' as I think he didn't question why girls in general were chosen as targets but the more troublesome.
Spoiler for being safe, possible hint for future event:
Old 2010-11-16, 16:49   Link #100
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGrey View Post
this spirit capturing with love is all good for the first few but does he seriously expect to keep on using the same method forever? he'd be in royal trouble if they retained/regained their memories lol. but worse still, what if he can no longer separate his emotional self from real and falls for someone... wonder what'll happen if he ends up depressed with a spirit inside him
Well as Vanish said, he still only loves game girls so far, so he has not truly fallen in love with anyone as of yet. He may stay like that ever since he said he has no feelings towards real life girls, and only interested in game girls. Also like Vanish said again, he can only use the methods he learned from games to capture girls, he doesn't know any other way to capture real life girls with any other method. It seems to be working so far, but Keima "might" eventually learn some new things that are not in the game.

Spoiler for @Vanish: