AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-17, 15:31   Link #21
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
So according to part of the spoiler, killing Kabuto won't end the Edo Tensei jutsu. And the zombies can only be defeated by sealing their souls or binding their movements. The only way to truly stop everything is to restrain Kabuto and use a powerful genjutsu on him so he will cancel the jutsu himself. I assume Kabuto is aware of this and has taken precautions.
__________________
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 16:02   Link #22
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
So according to part of the spoiler, killing Kabuto won't end the Edo Tensei jutsu. And the zombies can only be defeated by sealing their souls or binding their movements. The only way to truly stop everything is to restrain Kabuto and use a powerful genjutsu on him so he will cancel the jutsu himself. I assume Kabuto is aware of this and has taken precautions.
Considering how trolled he will be, I doubt he did.

A medic who needs to be defeated by genjutsu ? With this genjutsu thing, Kishi just put a giant "Sakura's prey" above Kabuto's head.
Remember she is supposed to be a genjutsu type, right ?
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 16:03   Link #23
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Kushina and Minato are sealed.
Neither dead nor alive...sealed.

__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 16:31   Link #24
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Read the scans.
Spoiler for 517:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 16:34   Link #25
Shining Celebi
a
 
Join Date: May 2004
This war is shaping up to be amazing. Awesome. Epic.

Edo Tensei has finally been put to real use. (And no, I don't think it's cheap or anything. It's evil ninjutsu. Evil magic is always more hax because you're free to sacrifice lives/souls/minds/sanity.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
So according to part of the spoiler, killing Kabuto won't end the Edo Tensei jutsu. And the zombies can only be defeated by sealing their souls or binding their movements. The only way to truly stop everything is to restrain Kabuto and use a powerful genjutsu on him so he will cancel the jutsu himself. I assume Kabuto is aware of this and has taken precautions.
Just like we know from the fight between the Third and Orochimaru...I guess the fact that Sarutobi didn't consider using genjutsu implies that Orochimaru was very talented in it...
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 16:36   Link #26
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
Also this is shonen... the heroes ALWAYS loose at first
This is rule #1. Very few protagonists start out as badass heroes, and even then they eventually get their asses kicked.
Quote:
-Sai meets his brother...
Always wanted poor Sai to get some character development, he's a pretty empty character atm...only got Naruto's "bonds" in him.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 16:43   Link #27
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Everyone who has gay bonds with Naruto will survive.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 16:51   Link #28
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
The only way to truly stop everything is to restrain Kabuto and use a powerful genjutsu on him so he will cancel the jutsu himself. I assume Kabuto is aware of this and has taken precautions.
That, or convert Kabuto to Narutism, works even on the most cold, uncaring murderers the world has ever seen
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 17:03   Link #29
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Knew Anko was toast because God, er I mean Kabuto was still there. Also what someone else mentioned that she's missing a vital thing in Narutoland for survival, a penis...

One bright spot this chapter though. No Naruto acting like a complete retarded tool...
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 17:04   Link #30
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
A medic who needs to be defeated by genjutsu ? With this genjutsu thing, Kishi just put a giant "Sakura's prey" above Kabuto's head.
Remember she is supposed to be a genjutsu type, right ?
Why would Sakura, who as far as I remember has never used a genjutsu in the story so far, be destined to fight Kabuto? Sasuke, Madara, Itachi, or even Kakashi seem way more likely to be able to cast the necessary high level genjutsu needed to defeat Kabuto. Sharinganless genjutsu is pointless against a high tier necromancer like Kabuto.
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 17:04   Link #31
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
That, or convert Kabuto to Narutism, works even on the most cold, uncaring murderers the world has ever seen
Kabuto already turned himself into a snake-human-hybrid monster (i think that in such manga as this it is irreverisble when someone gives up his human form for power in exchange, however cool it would be if he could get back his former body i think it's not in the style of such shonen manga), so i think there's no way for him to go to the good side. But despite that it seems clear from what we know about his past that he can get quite an emotional flashback about his childhood and stuff before he dies. If he ever does something good that would be just before he dies. Since he was found on the battlefield (if i remember correctly) it might be that this current war battlefield will at some point bring back his memories about war. He was always a strange character in the story, sometimes helping the good side, for example he healed both Hinata and Sakura at some points in the story. But of course that might also be simply because back then Kishimoto was thinking about a different Kabuto, but then he dropped those ideas because he realised two things: the evil side is being outnumbered so he needs more strong evil guys, and Orochimaru's death left a void that can be filled with Kabuto as an upgraded Orochimaru. And that's how Kishi dropped the idea of a Kabuto who possibly turns good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Neither dead nor alive...sealed.
Only Minato is sealed with the half of the kyuubi, since only the user of the dead demon seal has to give his life. Kushina just died from all what happened to her. The Minato and Kushina that were sealed in Naruto were some kind of spiritual kage bunshins, a copy of their minds that was created using their last chakra and sealed along with the demon. When the seal was broken both the Minato and Kushina clone could exist until the stored chakra ran out, at that point they disappeared.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 17:08   Link #32
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Considering how trolled he will be, I doubt he did.

A medic who needs to be defeated by genjutsu ? With this genjutsu thing, Kishi just put a giant "Sakura's prey" above Kabuto's head.
Remember she is supposed to be a genjutsu type, right ?
Kakashi speculated she would be good at it because of her smarts, but she trained in medical jutsu instead. If anything, Ino's abilities would be perfect for this sort of thing, but I don't expect that to be brought up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Everyone who has gay bonds with Naruto will survive.
Yeah, tell that to Haku and Nagato.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
But of course that might also be simply because back then Kishimoto was thinking about a different Kabuto, but then he dropped those ideas because he realised two things:
Well, back then he was trying to tease readers with the possibility that Kabuto might betray Oro so he wanted to keep his morals ambiguous. But after the Tsunade search arc, it was pretty much confirmed he was loyal to Oro and totally amoral.
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 17:11   Link #33
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Man, Anko was off-paneled. And that folks is Kishi's favorite female character. I assume she is still alive, but it looked awful.

Really fun chapter though. Ninja being ninja. It looks like each company/division will get spotlight chapters to shine.

So Sai will go off and fight his brother. Kankurou for Sasori. And I guess Omoi and the rest vs. Deidara. I have a very strong feeling Omoi will die. The focus should have been on the more established Kankuro or Sai this chapter. But Kishi focused on Omoi. Not a good sign when you are a secondary character.
__________________
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 17:25   Link #34
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Be fair. Sai looksto be getting development fairly soon, and Kankuro vs Sasori round 2 seems to be approching.
__________________
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 17:36   Link #35
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Kakashi speculated she would be good at it because of her smarts, but she trained in medical jutsu instead. If anything, Ino's abilities would be perfect for this sort of thing, but I don't expect that to be brought up.
He speculated that AFTER she got her medic training. (during the second bell test)

Also in databook3, Kishi took the trouble of creating a profile for a completely irrelevant character, Senju Touka, in order to say Shodai's closest associate was a genjutsu specialist
It implied Uchiha didn't have the monopoly on Genjutsu and was heavily hinting at Sakura, since even their name are somehow similar. (Sakura means cherry blossom, Touka is peach flower)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 17:40   Link #36
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

-*Sigh* You know, if I didn't have Konan's death still fresh in all its bitterness burned in my head, I'd be ranting on and on about how much it pisses me off to see Anko defeated off-panel. On the plus side, she ain't dead...yet. Just wait as she pull that "Two Snakes Bite-Kill-Suicide" justu. We know its comming so no need to be in denial.

-Anyway, this was a fun chapter. And go figure, unlike what some other mangaka claim is a "war", Kishimoto can actually depict it properly. He's managing the units well and the tactics they use are essentially what real soldiers would do going off to war...if they were ninja with magical powers that is.

-Anyway, seems like we have set up the 1st set of fights with Sai facing his brother, Kankuro against Sasori and Deidara with Omoi 'cause let's face it, fodder count for squat.
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 17:43   Link #37
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Anyway, seems like we have set up the 1st set of fights with Sai facing his brother, Kankuro against Sasori and Deidara with Omoi 'cause let's face it, fodder count for squat.
Looks like Omoi wants to spare Sai the trouble of facing his brother and take him on himself, so it would make :

Omoi vs Shin
Kankurou vs Sasori (puppets)
Sai vs Deidara (flying artists fights)
Mist zombie sensor vs living sensors.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 17:44   Link #38
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Outer Heaven
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Everyone who has gay bonds with Naruto will survive.
yep lol

for a second i thought it was sakura who was talking to sai lol
__________________
ArabianLuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 17:49   Link #39
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
Please let Kankurou die, I don't know why but I hate that guy, also Kiba too whilst we're at it.

Also I disagree with Sakura vs Kabuto, since Kabuto has been constantly compared with Kakashi before, stating to be at least Kakashi's level before in the past then it may end up with Kakashi vs Kabuto.
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 17:51   Link #40
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
This is an open war.... with deaths and no regrets, nice Kishi... you are adapting moderns techniques like jamming and the first clashes by recon teams... very well....

i'm sure i will enjoy this.

I will wet my pants when this will be animated... in 10 years or something
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.