AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-08, 16:39   Link #2361
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post

Anyway, any idea on how to unlock voices?
Playable characters unlock by dealing the finishing blow with that character,
unplayable voices unlock when you beat arcade with a character whose voice you already have. Was never completely sure about Zepar and Furfur,
though I unlocked them when playing hard after unlocking all the others.
Old 2012-01-08, 17:41   Link #2362
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:
Nope, getting a cheap controller would be easier.

Anyway, any idea on how to unlock voices?
For Playable Characters - Whoever gave the death blow to their storyline's boss gets their voice unlock. For example, say I did an Ange and Battler run and Ange gave the death blow to her storyline's boss. I get her voicepack unlock.

NPCs - I think it's either random or if the character's related to them. Say I went and did a Lucy and Jessica run and Jessica gave the final blow. I'll unlock her mother's voicepack for the game. If Lucy gave the death blow, I unlock The Seven Stake Sister's voice pack.

Goatman, Zepar, and Furfur I thin kyou can only unlock their voices with anyone under hardmode without losing a life.

Old 2012-01-08, 18:14   Link #2363
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
This may be helpful to you.

Spoiler for :

This is in the config menu in game, you can fix that and set it like you want to. In the current setup, in the screen, it's 1 round with 3 life bars and 3 minutes long round. This was the default in OMK.

I hope that helped you.
Beautiful, thanks! I can manage with a repeating 1 round but with some matchups having to do 2 rounds is impossible for me
Old 2012-01-08, 20:02   Link #2364
GAtakito

I have a request!! Can anyone show me a full high version of those pics

Spoiler for Pics:

Please & thanks
Old 2012-01-09, 04:47   Link #2365
Nanashi_1337

All voices are unlocked through Arcade. However, only Zefar and Furfur requires you to beat it in Hard. An easy achievement with Rosa, but an annoying one in the previous game because the AI was dumb even in Hard and only spammed and spammed the backdash in the corner. It was so annoying that I had to win by Time Out because except for Battler, Lucifer, and perhaps Kanon, the rest were completely defensive (aka the backdash) if I went near them, making the fights too long and boring to enjoy.
Old 2012-01-09, 08:47   Link #2366
EnvyPrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
However, only Zefar and Furfur requires you to beat it in Hard.
I have unlocked Zepar and Furfur voices beating arcade in easy with a random pair of characters. In fact i ve unlocked all the voices in easy, so its not necessary to beat the game in hard
Old 2012-01-09, 10:01   Link #2367
maximilianjenus
[E]

To everybody complaining about the quality of the fanart, it had quality control:

Spoiler for fanart:
Old 2012-01-09, 10:49   Link #2368
battle22

Send a message via Skype™ to battle22
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
To everybody complaining about the quality of the fanart, it had quality control:

Spoiler for fanart:
ahaha.wav !!! . minna sama when does bern and others come out ?
Old 2012-01-09, 11:20   Link #2369
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Look at this combo

Old 2012-01-09, 13:06   Link #2370
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
ahaha.wav !!! . minna sama when does bern and others come out ?
'Spring' is all we know.
Old 2012-01-09, 14:53   Link #2371
cronnoponno

Quote:
Look at this combo

I kinda figured this out on my own, I hate Black Battler, his SP 2 disturbs me so much...
Old 2012-01-09, 15:11   Link #2372
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
I kinda figured this out on my own, I hate Black Battler, his SP 2 disturbs me so much...
Imagine if the AI on super boss mode knew how to chain SP 2 like that....
Then it would be the hardest boss ever...
Old 2012-01-09, 15:22   Link #2373
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

No one should feel bad about losing to Black Battler. Ryuukishi just posted a message on his blog congratulating one of the staff members for finally getting him below half health.
Old 2012-01-09, 18:12   Link #2374
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
2 things would make him beatable from my point of view:
-Less Health or no Armor buff
-Nerfed Health Drain and damage.

That would actually make him challenging and not straight out broken/impossible... even if it's meant to be a OP Boss he's invincible.

Anyway, after playing around with BBattler and loli-Judge this is the best I could do in terms of damage:

BBattler tandem super and Dlanor's high damage makes a perfect pair!
Old 2012-01-09, 18:50   Link #2375
cronnoponno

Can anyone give me some tips for Dlanor?

All I can really manage to do with her are 123+grab combos, and grab only works on the AI because I assume they're stupid and there's a delay between the third hit so they run at me thinking they are safe, which I know won't work in a real match...

I know you can use Gertrude Barrier to make a cheap cancel to 6B them to make them fly into the air, but one extra hit seems to be a serious waste of 1sp, not to mention I have a lot of trouble doing it because getting used to Dlanor's range is difficult for me, some attacks feel like they're not long enough and some feel they do.

Dlanors 236236 a/b/c seems to leave me open even if I hit them and they don't block it, can I link it with any move or is it really just for bashing through projectiles? The SP version is really helpful as it helps me bash them into a corner, and the AI at one time used it in the middle of me using Battlers Meta Super which seems really godly.

Also, I know you can 123grab them in the air, so when I 2+C them with battler and switch to Dlanor I can jump and hit them twice or so and grab them, but I usually do this on accident because it seems I have to do it a certain way for the grab to actually function(that or I am not using her air grab correctly), can someone tell me when the correct time to use her grab in midair is?

Is Dlanor SUPPOSED to have very few combos like this, or am I just using her wrong?
Old 2012-01-09, 19:14   Link #2376
maximilianjenus
[E]

from my experience she is the closest we have to a pure grappler, so yeah, no combos; you can use her to tag her in and finish witha high damage combo, otherwise is just mild poking with her long range sword attacks, grab when they are close or better, you get close.
Old 2012-01-09, 19:43   Link #2377
Walterion

That's her designed role, little to no combos and grapples everywhere. That's how R07 had it in mind, he even asked everyone on his blog how they would feel if Dlanor was a grappler type character.

I didn't want to think about it, cause I just saw Zangief... and yeah... can't imagine Steel arm being like that at all.
Old 2012-01-09, 19:45   Link #2378
cronnoponno

I'm actually fine with it, I just wanted to know if that was in fact, how it is.

My only concern is that elitists are going to complain that this makes her too easy and not take any Dlanor user seriously.

Oh, can someone tell me when I can use her grab in midair though? Like, can I do A+B+624C in the air? Or does it have to be A+B+624B, when can I grab inbetween aerial hits?
Old 2012-01-09, 19:53   Link #2379
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

I will pay anyone good money to draw Dlanor as a big, buffed, hairy Russian ala Zangief!

Old 2012-01-09, 20:51   Link #2380
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Storm View Post
I will pay anyone good money to draw Dlanor as a big, buffed, hairy Russian ala Zangief!
I did my best with the tools I had at hand...
Spoiler for Dlagief:
Closed Thread