AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-16, 11:14   Link #2521
Nanashi_1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
A very simple method: increase the base damage of it (instead of 480 => 600-700) but forcing Black Battler to stay in place. Basically, it would be roughly the same as the other's SP2, albeit making the mechanic extremely generic.

The main problem with that SP2 is the fact it allows combo extention while dealing damage.
If they do that they will make his SP2 completely worthless, because the great thing about that super is that it extends combos. I don't want that nerf, and I wish they don't add it.

IMO, they should make the SP2 do less damage and inflict less stun and guard damage. I don't want him to lose that ability to extend combos. If they want, they should make him slower than normal Battler, for example, so there's more difference between them.

And increase damage scaling for Dlanor's grab? I'm not even sure if it has a damage scaling, seeing as the damage it does is quite the same.
Old 2012-01-16, 11:16   Link #2522
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Lol, nerfing Dlanor? You guys do know that she can't deal well with close-combat or long pokes, nor has the best mobility...
That massive damage is the only redeeming quality she has, removing it would make her very weak.

And how to nerf BBattler SP2? Well, just don't... nerf something else like his HP or victory quotes.
Old 2012-01-16, 11:18   Link #2523
Nanashi_1337

You clearly haven't played against a good Dlanor player. I assure you she's good even with that damage nerf with her grab. And we're only talking about increasing her damage scaling, aka that her grab does less damage when used in a combo.

And how can you nerf their HP when it's the same for every character? Do they even have different HP or defense, each character?
Old 2012-01-16, 11:24   Link #2524
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
And how can you nerf their HP when it's the same for every character? Do they even have different HP or defense, each character?
I do remeber one update to vanilla Ougon adding different HP values to characters,
can't say I've actually noticed it myself.
Old 2012-01-16, 11:36   Link #2525
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Yes, each charater has a fixed amount of HP:
4950: Ronove
4500: Battler, Virgilia, Shannon
4350: Siesta, Eva Beatrice
4200: Beatrice, Ange
4050: Kanon, Lucifer

I tested by myself using Lucifer and Ronove as training dummies and performed Dlanor/BBattler 6k combo... Luci died in the middle of it lol
Then, Ronove+Battler. I was able to fully perform it, but he died anyway.
Old 2012-01-16, 12:52   Link #2526
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule Send a message via Skype™ to Azule
What are the odds of the extra characters being patched? Spring starts in February in a few countries, so i'm wondering if it'll be Feb/March that they're coming.
Old 2012-01-16, 12:54   Link #2527
Nanashi_1337

They said Spring, so they can release it just starting Spring, if we're positive, or they could release it some days before Spring ends, if we're pessimistic. I really hope they at least do it early, not a lot later. I so want to play as Lambdadelta.

And now I remember that update about giving them different life values, but personally, I don't notice it that much. But yeah, they could make B.Battler imitate what they did in Street Fighter with Akuma.
Old 2012-01-16, 13:23   Link #2528
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

I really need to get back online and play a few rounds. Damn you Kawata Shoujo!
Maybe once I get done working with this music piece, I'll play a few online matches.

Old 2012-01-16, 19:55   Link #2529
keobas

Quote:
Originally Posted by keobas View Post
Hey guys need help with this error.
http://i40.tinypic.com/20gzltd.jpg

It pops up at start up. Anyone familiar with it?
So I take it no one has experience this huh?
Old 2012-01-16, 20:16   Link #2530
The Creator
Beatrice's Follower

It says something about sound not being able, i guess you must have some kind of driver issues =X
Old 2012-01-17, 03:28   Link #2531
verona230

Keobas, what version of DirectX do you have?
Old 2012-01-17, 23:37   Link #2532
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Yo. I've been out of the Umineko loop for about a year now, but I looked back into Golden Fantasia recently and something caught my interest about the new Cross version of the game...

What exactly is Black Battler? I'm assuming he's like Battler's "dark side", but what's the deal with him? Since I've never seen him before I was just very curious on the matter.

Also, what are the differences between him and normal Battler?
Old 2012-01-17, 23:43   Link #2533
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Yo. I've been out of the Umineko loop for about a year now, but I looked back into Golden Fantasia recently and something caught my interest about the new Cross version of the game...

What exactly is Black Battler? I'm assuming he's like Battler's "dark side", but what's the deal with him? Since I've never seen him before I was just very curious on the matter.

Also, what are the differences between him and normal Battler?
Black Battler is a being who personifies the idea that Battler was the culprit. Because the theory exists, he too is able to exist. In fact, he practically is the theory. He only appears in a short story written by Ryukishi07 called "Forgery No. XXX." Here's a translation, though it's not the best one around:

http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/Forgery_no.XXX

Not sure what you mean by "differences." Do you mean in terms of gameplay? If so, then I don't know.

Also, that wiki really needs some cleaning up and updating.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2012-01-18, 00:11   Link #2534
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Ohoho.~ Thanks for the link. That was plenty informative. I'm disappointed he never appeared in the main series though. I like him already as an antagonist.~

The portrait of him on his wiki page is cool too with all the darkness coming off him. Very sinister.

(I find the shounen-like aspects of this character quite amusing.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Not sure what you mean by "differences." Do you mean in terms of gameplay? If so, then I don't know.
Yeah I mean difference in his fighting style. Different characters should play differently from one another no? Or else there's no point in having other characters.
Old 2012-01-18, 01:00   Link #2535
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Yeah I mean difference in his fighting style. Different characters should play differently from one another no? Or else there's no point in having other characters.
Most of his specials are functionally the same as regular Battler's, but his projectiles work somewhat differently, and his 2SP super is a disgustingly useful combo extender. I'm not sure whether his normals are the same or not. His ability is Massacre, which lets him regenerate health when he connects with projectile attacks.
Old 2012-01-18, 01:04   Link #2536
immblueversion

Quote:
Ohoho.~ Thanks for the link. That was plenty informative. I'm disappointed he never appeared in the main series though. I like him already as an antagonist.~

The portrait of him on his wiki page is cool too with all the darkness coming off him. Very sinister.

(I find the shounen-like aspects of this character quite amusing.)

Well, EP8 does feature a "what-if" scenario in which Battler is the culprit along with his mom and dad. He behaves pretty similar to Black Battler, but looks like ordinary Battler. There's a CG of the scene in the PS3 version; in fact, one of B. Battler's Super attacks, which lets him summon his parents to shoot the opponent like a bat out of hell (and is probably that "disgustingly useful" attack that was brought up), is based on that scene:

Spoiler for EP8:

Old 2012-01-18, 02:43   Link #2537
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaple View Post
im glad someone posted how to perform, cause this didn't help me at all:/

play cooler fighting games
Charge back for two seconds, then foward and press an attack button to perform her Sickle Throw.

Old 2012-01-18, 08:48   Link #2538
Nanashi_1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Most of his specials are functionally the same as regular Battler's, but his projectiles work somewhat differently, and his 2SP super is a disgustingly useful combo extender. I'm not sure whether his normals are the same or not. His ability is Massacre, which lets him regenerate health when he connects with projectile attacks.
It works for any attack. Not only projectiles.
Old 2012-01-20, 00:49   Link #2539
immblueversion

I happen to have the voice rips, and I noticed something very interesting in them.

First of all, there's the characters' battle voice files. There's a chunk of voice files where they address their partners when they switch out with them. They're pretty standard stuff, but there's one thing every character says around that area: "Yes, Battler-sama." Even the characters who would never call him that in the main story.

Then there's the system voices, or the announcer voice files. There's a folder containing voices on the character and stage select screen, and among the names they mention, after naming all the names of the game's playable characters (including Will, Bern, and Lambda), they mention "Ushiromiya Battler" a second time, and it's exactly the same as the first time. In this case, I know they're not referring to Black Battler, because they just call him "Battler."

Lastly, also in the system voice files, there are the voices used to announce the winners of certain matches, like "Battler and Beatrice!" Again, after going through the names of all playable characters, they say Battler's name again, except it's a third time since the first two must refer to Battler and B. Battler.

Now, if we take that not-so-subtle shot at the beginning of Cross's OP into account, do you know what I've concluded? The developers have at least intended to include the Endless Sorcerer Battler in the game! However, there are no sprites of said character to support that claim. Then again, there are no sprites of Will, Bern, and Lambda either, and their names are still mentioned in the files (the voice files of other characters addressing them in gameplay exist). Yet still, there are a handful of sprites for Will, Bern, and Lambda hidden around, though there's no sign of the Endless Sorcerer. Instead there's a sprite of a goat...

In fact, here are the hidden sprites for Will, Bern, Lambda, and that suspicious goat for good measure. And yes, they're real. I would know, I uploaded them.

Spoiler for images:

I also found the names of their abilities in the files, but they clearly don't show what they do: Will's ability is called "Chain Boost," Bern's is "Meta Boost," and Lambda's is "Ultra PAR."

Last edited by immblueversion; 2012-01-20 at 01:08.
Old 2012-01-20, 01:08   Link #2540
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Eh, I dunno how I feel about a third version of Battler being a playable character. I mean we already have a second one who isn't incredibly different from the original one.

But then again Sorcerer Battler can utilize magic and a sword unlike his piece counterpart can, so his play style could be changed up a bit. I s'pose I could think of him like the Ken to piece Battler's Ryu in such a scenario. (And how B. Battler is the "Evil Ryu" of the game.)

Speaking of hidden data on the game, it's a little disappointing to see that Rena hasn't been added to the game yet even after her name was found within the files of the first release.