AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-26, 10:45   Link #341
Serpit

Links for the lazy:

Lucifer Combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yw4XKKQj9Y

Battler/Beatrice Metafield Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0rGdGFQLLw
Old 2010-11-26, 13:19   Link #342
Terras

That's definitely a cool combo.

I guess now it's the waiting game though until release, since all the ???'s on the site have been shown, and they're obviously not gonna show us the secret characters until after release.

I was just thinking..... what if we've been stupid this whole time? What if Furfur and Zepar really are the unlockable characters. I know there's really no evidence to point to it, but I really wouldn't put it past Ryukishi....

Last edited by Terras; 2010-11-26 at 13:47.
Old 2010-11-26, 14:01   Link #343
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ

Full touch gauge? What's that..? The ability to switch your character? Because from what I've seen is that when Luci-nee dash cancel the combo, Batter on the bottom-left side of the screen changed to 'waiting state' or something

Old 2010-11-26, 15:41   Link #344
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
i was just thinking..... What if we've been stupid this whole time? What if furfur and zepar really are the unlockable characters. I know there's really no evidence to point to it, but i really wouldn't put it past ryukishi....
Then that would mean that he TROLLED US IN A GODDAMN FIGHTING GAME, FFUUU
Old 2010-11-26, 15:49   Link #345
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Full touch gauge? What's that..? The ability to switch your character? Because from what I've seen is that when Luci-nee dash cancel the combo, Batter on the bottom-left side of the screen changed to 'waiting state' or something
iirc, luci's ability is unlimited tagging, i don't know how it works, either no wait time or no power spent,because both would be pretty cheap.
Old 2010-11-26, 15:51   Link #346
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
The notable part about the new video and metagame system is the fact the gameplay is pretty much all out aggressive.
Whereas it was a bit concerning regarding the life bars and the time counter, the game isn't slow. But more importantly: the game offers a definite sense of strategy with not only SP management, but change and meta gauge management.
All of these 3 are basically entweened, making the whole deal not a simple "fill up your special bar, enjoy pounding your opponent, rinse and repeat".

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
iirc, luci's ability is unlimited tagging, i don't know how it works, either no wait time or no power spent,because both would be pretty cheap.
Absolutely not. With Lucifer, you can use AttackTouch -ONCE- without using the Change Gauge (or if it isn't filled, it allows you to use AT regardless). If it was unlimited tagging, it would be retarded as heck.
The fact you can do it once already is powerful enough to wreck a lot of things and mixing combo with attack cancel and whatnot.
Old 2010-11-26, 17:47   Link #347
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terras View Post
I was just thinking..... what if we've been stupid this whole time? What if Furfur and Zepar really are the unlockable characters. I know there's really no evidence to point to it, but I really wouldn't put it past Ryukishi....
LOL then that would cause some issues from what I can see. They'd most likely end up as clones with slight differences (one being more offensive and the other being more defensive, like defense means anything in a game that practical forces you to go agro).

I need to rewatch Lucifer's combo, but I think Beato could of bursted out of it prior to getting stunned, not that it matters.
Old 2010-11-26, 18:08   Link #348
Excorsism

Battler feeling up his own sister at the beginning of that 3rd video. I lol'd heartily.
Old 2010-11-26, 18:13   Link #349
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The notable part about the new video and metagame system is the fact the gameplay is pretty much all out aggressive.
Whereas it was a bit concerning regarding the life bars and the time counter, the game isn't slow. But more importantly: the game offers a definite sense of strategy with not only SP management, but change and meta gauge management.
All of these 3 are basically entweened, making the whole deal not a simple "fill up your special bar, enjoy pounding your opponent, rinse and repeat".

Absolutely not. With Lucifer, you can use AttackTouch -ONCE- without using the Change Gauge (or if it isn't filled, it allows you to use AT regardless). If it was unlimited tagging, it would be retarded as heck.
The fact you can do it once already is powerful enough to wreck a lot of things and mixing combo with attack cancel and whatnot.
I see, but it's once per what ? fight or metaworld activation ?
Old 2010-11-26, 18:14   Link #350
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Once per ability activation. Remember that you still can activate a character ability with regular switch (Touch).
There is no indication how long the ability is active with such method though.
Old 2010-11-26, 18:51   Link #351
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I don't think Attack touch is that good. It'd be good for a mix up, but if someone think this will be good cuz it could enable someone to do a 70 hit combo... LOL. I see Luci as a combo starter with the second character comboing into a stun, then pulling Luci back out to finish it. I'm assuming that the combos will stop doing reasonablly good damage somewhere around 40+ hits.

BTW, has anyone translated Kanon's moveset? He and Siesta 410 I think has a third jump but idk. Kanon with jc shenanigens.

For those who don't know, MF activation is A+B+C and there is indeed a 4th button: it's used for touching (D).

There's...

Normal touching (5D)
Attack touching (D during an attack)
Guard touching (4D, you gotta get hit to guard and your partner needs 1 SP gauge filled)
Damage touching (Not sure but probably 5D when you are up close and your partner needs 2 SP gauge filled)
Assault touching (2D or 6D and your partner needs 2 SP gauge filled)

EDIT: K, there are 6 buttons: Light (A), Mid (B), Heavy (C), Touch (D), Appeal (it's probably taunt), and Start (I can has pallete swaps plz).
Old 2010-11-26, 19:09   Link #352
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

The main purpose of attack touch isn't only because it can be used as an attack cancel. It actually allows you to bench the appropriate character with much less risk to be intercept unlike regular touch.
For a game that solely base everything on switching characters for both offense and defense, anything that makes your switch easier or more efficient is arguably one of the best thing you can have.
Why defense? because your change gauge won't be depleted, which means you still have that gauge available for damagetouch in case you were countered.

Bear in mind that AttackTouch can also be used during a block string, which means you can harass and prevent your opponent to intercept your switch if you forces them to stay on the defensive. And should it happen, the penalty won't be that huge with Lucifer's ability.
Speaking of blockstring, it potentially increases your chance to guard break your opponent this way.

It isn't broken as it is, but theorically, with what we know from the game, it is one of the most potent abilities available, considering how switching between characters was designed.
Old 2010-11-26, 20:25   Link #353
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

After watching this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-twPWf9hSrQ

I'm really excited because it seems that original Umineko BGMs are being used. However, one thing that bothered me was the voices. When characters are spamming moves, it seems like the voice tracks are being played each time. The end result is what is shown: lots of shouting moves and screaming. I hope they add an option to reduce voice volume (or raise BGM volume) or at least make the sounds less noticeable. That's just my two cents though.
Old 2010-11-26, 20:29   Link #354
Jao
panchi~

I personally think the voice spamming is charming, although it lacks a certain something of the voice spamming of Melty Blood.

I'm sure it will come together very well whilst playing.
Old 2010-11-26, 20:33   Link #355
Mikachiru
test

I'm actually slightly disappointed that they didn't remix some songs... Also, I thought they used the instrumental version of Happy Maria. I was wrong.

I'm hoping for Hibuta to be in this.

EDIT: Here's Bronove's Moveset:

Unique skill:

22A/B/C = Elegant Sway

Specials:

412A/B/C = Elegant Cutter (use while guarding)
623A/B/C = Innocent Rose
214A/B/C = Elegant Shield
41236A/B/C = Enchant Shield

1 SP Specials:

412AB = Elegant Twister (use while guarding)
623AB = Rose of Queen (probably should of been Queen of Rose but meh)
214AB = Perfect Shield
41236AB = Enchant Shield Max

2 SP Special:

236236C = Elegant and Genocide (I have no idea what Jenosaido is supposed to be, but genocide is most likely wrong)

Metafield Special:

641236C = Devil of Devils

Last edited by Mikachiru; 2010-11-26 at 22:04.
Old 2010-11-26, 21:39   Link #356
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
I'm just lulzing at all these people who act like voice-spamming isn't a genre mainstay of japanese fighting games.
Old 2010-11-26, 21:45   Link #357
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I'm just lulzing at all these people who act like voice-spamming isn't a genre mainstay of japanese fighting games.
I'm quite aware, doesn't mean I like it though.
Plus most other games don't have BGMS I actually care about, just saying.
Old 2010-11-26, 22:15   Link #358
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
You guys need to play more BB, man!

"Sis!"
"Ada!"
"Are you okay, Sis?"
"Do you hate me, Ragna?"
"This is an Ukemi!"
"Out of my way!"
"Not bad, Noel."
"INFERNO DIVIDER!!!"
"TYPE 2!"
"Not bad, Boobie Lady!"
"This isn't fun at all, Brother!!"
"Hands off the panda!"

I like spamming voices. XD
Old 2010-11-26, 22:25   Link #359
Will Wright

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking abo-
TATSUMAKI SENP-HADOUKEN-SHORYUKEN-SOOOONIC BOOM-SONIC-SONIC-SONIC-SONIC-HADOOOUKEN-SHORYUKEN
Old 2010-11-27, 04:08   Link #360
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Well if you get tired of hearing them spam do what I do and shout " SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!" as they spam their moves. It's more effective if you have a mic so... yeah...

Anyway, what characters do you guy's plan to play as the most? I'll likely play with Battler, Kanon and Lucifer the most due to their move set. You can already guess my No.1 .
Closed Thread