AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 24 38.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 19.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-25, 10:08   Link #41
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Talking about end card, is the artist Toshihide Sano? The illustration is very similar to his work in hentai game from G.J? company.
Yes, it is who say it is. No thanks to him i faithing with happiness everytime i see this.

Spoiler for May cause nosebleeds:

I knew Mari was a hot mom but this pic made her much more hotter!

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2010-11-25 at 11:47.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 11:13   Link #42
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Yea....0.1 is actually pretty sad. In general the anime is actually not doing that well. The pre-orders for Blu-rays for the series is pretty low.

This is bad. If this keeps up my dream of season 3 would be shattered and a 24-26 episode season 2 too.

I like kaminomi than densestunoyuusha

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 12:21   Link #43
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
This is bad. If this keeps up my dream of season 3 would be shattered and a 24-26 episode season 2 too.

I like kaminomi than densestunoyuusha
Not only we will get shattered dreams for a season 3, but we will get something worse than that...
Spoiler:

Now... that's scary...

Last edited by paladinenvec; 2010-11-25 at 15:11.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 12:47   Link #44
tsunade666

now that's a real deal worst ending.

Old 2010-11-25, 13:48   Link #45
Ryuutai

While I really love the manga, I admit that I don't like the anime in the same way, for some reason. My main problem with the anime is its pacing, I guess.
0,1%...it's really pathetic. Can somebody translate some comments from that japanese blog? I'd like know what Japanese people think about this serie and its ratings...

Last edited by Ryuutai; 2010-11-25 at 14:11.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 13:48   Link #46
zato_1one

That's a cruel fact. I don't know much detail about it. But there are many insert songs in the anime. May be they can make more income by selling those insert songs too?
Old 2010-11-25, 14:11   Link #47
Vanish

Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuutai View Post
My main problem with the anime is its pacing, I guess.
Too fast or too slow for you? I don't see problems with the pacing although I'm sure it could also be faster. On the contrary, I've seen enough people actually saying the opposite, that the pacing was too fast at several points and are fine with it mostly.

Quote:
0,1%...it's really pathetic.
I'd guess the late-night airing is one of the reasons, and that the manga simply has more to offer so the anime could be considered a mere extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
May be they can make more income by selling those insert songs too?
There are release dates for all the songs already. But yeah, why not.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 14:22   Link #48
Freeter
i see baka people

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I remember several episodes back, Keita was drawn with a fairly trained body... Guess that was a mistake...
You mean Keima? Don't tell me the new KissxSis OVA is giving you bad flashbacks

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 14:25   Link #49
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Too fast or too slow for you? I don't see problems with the pacing although I'm sure it could also be faster. On the contrary, I've seen enough people actually saying the opposite, that the pacing was too fast at several points and are fine with it mostly.
Too slow, imho. Three episodes for the Kanon arc were too many. I also think that the "filler" episodes, like the one of the game bug or this one about the cake, could be made in the half of the time, and put like omake in the dvd...
I believe that almost 30 minutes in the anime for stories that in the manga you can read in 5-10 minutes, is really excessive, and ruins the comedic effect.
Of course, this is just my opinion.

Quote:
I'd guess the late-night airing is one of the reasons, and that the manga simply has more to offer so the anime could be considered a mere extra.
The time slot is one of the reasons, but not the main one, in my opinion. There are tons of shows aired in the same time slot, which are popular.

Last edited by Ryuutai; 2010-11-25 at 14:42.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 17:27   Link #50
tsunade666

I think Kanon having 3 episode is fine. the pacing is actually great for me because it gives more impression to you the worries of the girl. And they can be well introduce better if they give more in depth story about it.

Old 2010-11-25, 18:41   Link #51
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
It's sad to see this very comedic and pretty entertaining anime not doing better.

However, I've thought about it some (and read other people's ideas), and I have a few ideas of why it might be struggling. If anybody's interest, you can read my write-up on that here.

It's a big long, and involves use of a lot of images for demonstrative purposes, so I felt it would be better to not cut and paste it all directly into the thread here.
Old 2010-11-25, 18:47   Link #52
Kallen4life

I heard Freeza/Mayuri in this episode

that is all
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 20:38   Link #53
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's sad to see this very comedic and pretty entertaining anime not doing better.

However, I've thought about it some (and read other people's ideas), and I have a few ideas of why it might be struggling. If anybody's interest, you can read my write-up on that here.

It's a big long, and involves use of a lot of images for demonstrative purposes, so I felt it would be better to not cut and paste it all directly into the thread here.
I have to agree with the competition TWOGK is getting, they have Index II, and Oreimo, who are struggling for the top.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 23:04   Link #54
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I have to agree with the competition TWOGK is getting, they have Index II, and Oreimo, who are struggling for the top.
Yeah, I think that TWOGK might have had an easier go of it if it had came out during the past Summer Season. There's a lot of animes out this Fall that would naturally appeal to fans of both anime and eroges.
Old 2010-11-26, 03:10   Link #55
Traece
:cool:

Well on the topic of this episode... The final scene made me laugh harder than anything else before it.

In fact this whole episode was absolutely hilarious. I honestly don't think I'll ever forget some of the things I saw tonight.
Old 2010-11-26, 03:36   Link #56
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Keima's mum is hot.

S'all.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 05:39   Link #57
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Damn. So glad they showed more of Keima's mom and she's one of my top 3 favorite women in TWGOK. First showering/bathing and then running around wearing only a towel, hot damn (Can't wait for Blu-ray). I hope to see a filler episode of Nikaido-sensei someday.

As usual Elsie adorable as always and trying to gain praise from Keima. The running away from a dragon while mixing and that cute evil laugh XD That's my daughter!

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo

Last edited by Sai Feng; 2010-11-26 at 06:07.
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 07:29   Link #58
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I think Kanon having 3 episode is fine. the pacing is actually great for me because it gives more impression to you the worries of the girl. And they can be well introduce better if they give more in depth story about it.
That might have been the case if most of the episodes weren't composed of long song sequences. They could easily have shortened it to 2.5 episodes just by shortening those, with no loss of story content. The total time spent is less important than how well it's spent, and while maybe a single song would be expected from a story about an idol, the rest were just pure padding that added nothing to the drama while slowing down the pacing. And pacing is very important. I cannot overemphasize this. For both comedy and drama it's no exaggeration to say that they live and die by timing. Take too long to get to the punchline and the joke isn't funny. Spend too long on a dramatic scene and the audience stops caring halfway through.

Add in the insert song for this episode, and I really get the feeling that the producers are more interested in selling music CDs than they are in making a good anime.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 08:11   Link #59
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai Feng View Post
Damn. So glad they showed more of Keima's mom and she's one of my top 3 favorite women in TWGOK. First showering/bathing and then running around wearing only a towel, hot damn (Can't wait for Blu-ray). I hope to see a filler episode of Nikaido-sensei someday.
ZOMG! I'm very happy that we share the same taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
When you are talking about art style, I'm surprised that you don't mention Bakemonogatari considering that both series have same character designer. I agree with acejem. I think that the most important reason is character. TWGOK is an entertaining series. I like it more than current popular shows. I rarely like male character but I like Keima. He is very funny. But I don't think that most Otaku prefer male character over female. And I don't think that Otaku girls prefer a character like Keima too. Sadly, comparing it to other popular shows. I don't think that TWGOK has any outstanding female character that can catch the attention from the audiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Add in the insert song for this episode, and I really get the feeling that the producers are more interested in selling music CDs than they are in making a good anime.
I completely agree with this. It is a reason why I mentioned about insert songs in my previous post. I also think that three episodes of Kanon is too long. It looks like the producers think that it is a good chance to add many insert songs because Kanon is a singer. Poor Ayumi, she only had half episode screen time.
Old 2010-11-26, 09:11   Link #60
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
and I really get the feeling that the producers are more interested in selling music CDs than they are in making a good anime.
Well duh. Out of all people in the animation team, I think it's pretty obvious that it's the producers the ones that are more interested in getting a good return.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote