AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 24 38.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 19.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-30, 03:59   Link #81
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Ahahaha, Keima hates sweet things I was expecting that line since LC decided to bake a cake^^ Well, seeing her cry a flood was adorable, and imo she's the cutest character in kaminomi so far (hottest goes to Keima's mom), can't have too much. The lunch fight was also funny, dragon got owned by tentacle monster mimic o_0 8/10
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 13:29   Link #82
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 34
Lots of lovely Elsie overload in this episode

Elsie trying her best at baking the cake was just adorable. It was also very interesting to see that despite her hell ingredients ("sugar" animals, dragon/demon eggs etc. - only strawberries seem to be the very same even in hell) and despite cooking the microwave (which was only because she never knew microwaves and didn't know how to use it), the cake turned out just fine.



This proves that she indeed is really good at cooking. This also proves one more thing: when she is cooking for Keima and the results are not to Keima's liking, it's neither because of the hell ingredients, nor because she wouldn't have any cooking skills. Both are just fine - it's just the *recipes* from hell and the preparation (alive tentacles in the bentou) that don't agree well with ordinary earthling stomachs.
When she's using an ordinary earth recipe, like that for the cake, she can reach great results which every baker or cook would envy her for, so she certainly has great cooking skills, and the hell ingredients aren't at fault either. The resulting cake obviously tasted just fine as well. At the very end of the episode, where Keima is stealthily eating the cake, he has nearly eating all of it already, when his mother mistakes him for a burglar and knocks him down with a vase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
She's certainly enjoying herself there
Spoiler for perhaps a little nsfw:


Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I think Kanon having 3 episode is fine. the pacing is actually great for me because it gives more impression to you the worries of the girl. And they can be well introduce better if they give more in depth story about it.
Same here. Three episodes for Kanon's arc were just right, and the pacing is well done either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
So, the reason why her cooking was so bad in the human world was that she used the ingredients from the demon world to create it.
No, exactly that is *not* the case. There's nothing wrong at all with the hell ingredients, she can bake an ordinary cake with it just fine. Her cooking is not bad either, just unusual for earthlings.
The problem are solely the *recipes* from hell she is used to. If she stops using those hell recipes and uses only earth recipes instead, everything will be fine.
__________________
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 17:39   Link #83
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
She's certainly enjoying herself there
Spoiler for perhaps a little nsfw:
It's defiantly nsfw when you think it like that!!
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: RRW
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 21:11   Link #84
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
who is that girl in the picture? and if you stop thinking of lewd things then it's not XD
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 22:14   Link #85
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
No, exactly that is *not* the case. There's nothing wrong at all with the hell ingredients, she can bake an ordinary cake with it just fine. Her cooking is not bad either, just unusual for earthlings.
The problem are solely the *recipes* from hell she is used to. If she stops using those hell recipes and uses only earth recipes instead, everything will be fine.
The cake looks like a cake, but who knows how it tastes. We didn't get to see Keima's reaction to it because he got hit in the head. He did explicitly encourage her to not try again though.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 01:45   Link #86
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
who is that girl in the picture? and if you stop thinking of lewd things then it's not XD
Seconded. Who is that girl? She looks like Ayanyan.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 02:15   Link #87
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
seconded too. I though it was azusa cosplay. In the ending song of K-on. The color of the dress the ponytail and such. She looks like a real deal cute azu-nyan. Is she a seiyuu or something?
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 13:58   Link #88
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The cake looks like a cake, but who knows how it tastes. We didn't get to see Keima's reaction to it because he got hit in the head.
The cake obviously tasted very well, even for someone like Keima, who said himself that he doesn't like sweet stuff.
That he still ate almost all the cake, even though he doesn't like sweet stuff, means the cake must've been pretty damn tasty, or he certainly wouldn't have eaten that much, all by himself. If his mother hadn't knocked him down then, he probably would've eaten the rest as well.
__________________
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 16:07   Link #89
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Maybe his eating it because it was made by Elsie specially for him. Just show their is still soft side on kami.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 17:58   Link #90
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Or maybe the ingredients from Hell made it addictive. Remember the first Elsie flag?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 03:41   Link #91
Wakan Tanka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tunisia
If she were able to turn a bike into a locomotive, couldn't she simply turn an apple into a cake....?
__________________
"Never trust women's tears." ‿‿
Wakan Tanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 10:46   Link #92
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Maybe his eating it because it was made by Elsie specially for him. Just show their is still soft side on kami.
That can't be the reason because he is stealthily eating the cake in a corner, not wanting that anyone watches him eating it - that's why his mother took him for a burglar.

Eating something just because someone made it for you even though you don't like it is something you exclusively do to impress that someone who made it for you, and that of course requires that she sees you eating it, because otherwise it would be totally pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Or maybe the ingredients from Hell made it addictive. Remember the first Elsie flag?
Can't be the case either. When she force-fed him that "Pescatori Styx", it certainly didn't make him addicted to it.
__________________
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 11:04   Link #93
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Maybe his hiding because he doesn't want others to see him eat it at all. For me he eats it because it's a present from Elsie but his shy for others to see him eat it specially he doesn't like sweets

And Elsie can change the physical appearance of an object through the hagoromo but she can't change the inside. Plus Elsie wants to impress kami with her cooking so she needs to do it on her own.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 01:39   Link #94
Bane Rieko
Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Otaku-land
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Bane Rieko
Just finished watching it and... I was a BIT confused as to why Keima was eating the cake where he ate it (I mean, if I was him I would take it to my room).

But, all in all, I thought it was a very sweet episode from Elsie's POV, and very funny from the rest. I'm the kind of person who has no problem with filler, but even for me it was good!

And Miss Katsuragi... *swoon* NICE.
Bane Rieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 02:27   Link #95
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
I liked the part where it stayed with the manga about Elsie baking the cake of unimaginable destruction to Keima, and the fact it combined both of their POV's together. But the parts that were not part of the manga were nice as well
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: RRW
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 07:22   Link #96
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
The scene with the mom I think is the highlight for the episode for me even though Elsie cutely cooking the cake. It's just that she receive too much screen time that we need screen time for the others.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 10:55   Link #97
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The scene with the mom I think is the highlight for the episode for me even though Elsie cutely cooking the cake. It's just that she receive too much screen time that we need screen time for the others.
Why shouldn't she receive more screen time? She's a main character. The other girls are not.
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 14:44   Link #98
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
but the story usually revolves on catching those girls? aren't they the one who made up the story itself. While Kami is trying to conquer them. Aside from the filler which made up for the story development itself. The conquer girl story centers to them. For me while the story is about capture mode. The main heroine are the girls that need to be conquered.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 03:20   Link #99
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
That's not true for some...
'cus some people treat the girls (capturing ones) like "antagonists" to be rescued. So technically Keima and Elsie are the main characters.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 22:15   Link #100
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 20
Was bored, so:

Spoiler for lyrics:
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.