AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-23, 17:13   Link #1061
xizro345
King's Justice
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Well, I wouldn't call her presence in the movie one of a side character... She gets quite a bit of screentime. I think the movie has problems, but Hayate is surely not one of them.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 17:16   Link #1062
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Side character? Hayate is the main character of A's. Unless they drastically rewrote the story, the entire story revolves around her.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 19:21   Link #1063
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Now the only problem is how to invite a bunch of voice actresses to sign it.... I'd like to have them sign it, it's a legend of epic proportions...
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 20:32   Link #1064
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Side character? Hayate is the main character of A's. Unless they drastically rewrote the story, the entire story revolves around her.
Yes it does, I was just joking with the picture there.

But that is it with the story in Aís. I think the story is more about the book. For all that Hayate really does, I already mention how she is just too much in the background and we focus on the Wolkenritter. If she has to be a main character then we need to see more of what she does and how this affects her. So far the anime didnít really makes her stand out as Fate and Nanoha in the first season, so I really donít see her as protagonist: most of what happen in the series was beyond her control or even knowledge until the very end. So maybe the movie will fix this and Hayate will have a bigger role.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 16:57   Link #1065
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
She treas them as humans and help with their development: their driving force is Hayate.
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 17:00   Link #1066
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Yeah but i more or less understand what Sansker is commenting. Hayate is filling more the role of an artifact, a MacGuffin ..rahter than that of a proper main character. Similar to Tohma on the first half of FORCE ...the kid was merely a trophy everyone was after.

I give Hayate mroe credit than that but i must admit her interaction with the main plot aside of her being the object of affection of the Wolks and The Book is very minimal. Let's see if the movie have a different approach.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 17:19   Link #1067
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
I actually think Thoma has more character while running from everyone than when he finally gets capture. But on Hayate I agree with you Aki, and that is my one and only real problem with her. So I really don’t get her fans saying she is great when the plot doesn’t give her the chance to do that much.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 19:35   Link #1068
Mow Yun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
I don't have a blu-ray player (yet) but I still want to buy the blu-ray disc.... is this unhealthy? XD;;
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 19:41   Link #1069
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Curiousity: Does Yuuno show up in this movie at all?

If one's cutting any possible corners, it's really easy to remove him entirely.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 19:49   Link #1070
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Curiousity: Does Yuuno show up in this movie at all?

If one's cutting any possible corners, it's really easy to remove him entirely.
He appears.
__________________
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 20:02   Link #1071
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Curiousity: Does Yuuno show up in this movie at all?

If one's cutting any possible corners, it's really easy to remove him entirely.
We need him in the movie to make his small hint on Nanoha and make everyone consider him a possible partner for her.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 20:03   Link #1072
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Eh, dunno about removing him. Reducing his role a bit, perhaps. There are few scenes where he's just conversing with Nanoha or something that can be cut (such as when they are discussing who the master of the book is, and Nanoha wonders if it could be someone their age).

But he teleports Fate to Nanoha in ep 1, then holds off Vita during the first fight, allowing Nanoha to fire off her SLB. He's also needed in the library to research the Book of Darkness, to find critical information, such as how Nanoha could free Fate and Hayate from the Defense program.

I suppose they could have Chrono take over his roles, teleporting Fate in and checking the library, but it would be more clunky. Part of the reason they didn't have more information on the book, is because they didn't have anyone who could organize and search the library effectively. Yuuno made it possible.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 20:05   Link #1073
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
Yuuno's role is still too small in A's. He could be taken away and we will barely miss him. As you say Chrono can take over his small combat roles and they can search the information with other people.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 20:12   Link #1074
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Yuuno's role is still too small in A's. He could be taken away and we will barely miss him. As you say Chrono can take over his small combat roles and they can search the information with other people.
That's true. Even Lindy could take the information gathering part: it isn't unbeliveable for Lindy getting more info for the Book of Darkness since the day the Book made her a widow.
Filraen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 20:20   Link #1075
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
And for better or worse we do see his role being take by Raging Heart in the first movie. I think this might be trying to set more focus on the three aces and the Wolkenritter as well as the Harlaown family. I can't really say because I just saw the trailers but that will be fine. Yuuno is not really my favorite character and is not because I like NanoFate but also because he didn't have that much going on after the first season. Sorry dude, better luck in the StrikerS movie.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 20:25   Link #1076
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
And for better or worse we do see his role being take by Raging Heart in the first movie.
Which is part of the reason the first movie was a train wreck.
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 20:25   Link #1077
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Hey, I'm not saying that Yuuno isn't important or useful.

I just said it would be easy to leave him out entirely -- not that doing so would be perfect or elegant or true to his character. But it could be done.


As said, Chrono could take over as Fate's support in that first fight. Plus, why search the library now for information on the Book, when we can assume someone else already did that in the last ten years? They knew it was coming back, after all.

Also, honestly, Yuuno didn't turn up any really important information. The fact that book is the corrupted form of something formerly benign is interesting and informative to us, but didn't actually help the TSAB. At most, it caused Vita a tiny moment of doubt, but then their fight got interrupted, so nothing came of it.

Hayate is the one who fixed the mess, and she had learned everything she needed directly from the horse's mouth.


Maybe Yuuno COULD have turned up useful information that could be used against the Knights or the Book in a fight, but the plot didn't require it.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 20:32   Link #1078
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Which is part of the reason the first movie was a train wreck.
I consider it to be just fine. Is not perfect and lacks some elements but in the end is a good adaptation as far as I am concern of the first season.

Yes, Yuuno is not that important but I don't want him out. I really don't care to be honest because of his smaller role there.

And Hayate really is not the main character, I just don't see her a such when she doesn't do anything for 3/4 of the story until the very end. I always consider maybe Suzuka or Arisa could be a better master for the Wolkenritter but that is only because Hayate really pops out and enters the others life really out of the blue.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 21:29   Link #1079
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
And that's how Material Days OVA started. No one missed him and there are a few scenes for him. Might as well steal him away anytime.
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 21:31   Link #1080
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
I like that story but really just to show how small his role really is this days. I don't belive they even mention him in the two latest mangas.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.