AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 54 41.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 27.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 15.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 8.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-29, 18:33   Link #121
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The people who dislike or hate Kirino's character are watching this series for the other characters (and perhaps the sadly fading hope that Kirino might actually develop into a more likable character). It has nothing to do with "fueling the Kirino hate".
You took the words right out of my mouth. A cookie for you. I was okay with Kirino, up until the last episode. There is only so much bs you can pull before there is really no longer room to sympathize with. Everyone else is fine, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
This is a first for sure. Somehow I'm still watching a show where everyone but the character I'm supposed to care for is more interesting and worthwhile in caring for. Isn't that something~
LOL Too bad they can't pull an Index on her. To Aru Majutsu no Index was the first for me.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:39   Link #122
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
That has got to be the most boring episode yet. It was nice to get some more information on Kuroneko and Saori, but Kirino is just plain annoying this episode from beginning to end.

I was thinking that the girls in the series were feeling more towards Kyousuke, especially Kuroneko recently. As for Saori, I was thinking that she is the only one I did not want to end up with Kyousuke while watching the intro today until I found out her other personality as an ojou-sama. I am not reversed 180 degrees and think that Saori might be the best person for Kyousuke afterall. She is the most mature and understanding, probably very beautiful, and definitely very rich. Kyousuke deserves someone like that with all that he puts through with Kirino.

Kuroneko and Manami are great options, too, but Saori won me over this episode.
Please forgive me, what is ojou-sama?
__________________

"Me and Ryuuji just got married...!!!"
KeitaroNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:43   Link #123
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post


Clannad had a lot of drama. Saying OreImo has a lot of drama might be a bit of a stretch in my opinion.
I personally felt that the first five episodes, and the eighth episode, had a lot of drama.

This anime has had major serious conflicts in it, honestly not a great deal unlike how Tomoya would try to help out some of the other major characters in Clannad, or how Otonashi tried to help out various SSS members in Angel Beats!.

The situation between Kirino and her dad. The situation between Kirino and Ayase. Real sincere efforts to help Kirino mix with her fellow otakus.

None of this was played purely for laughs. In fact, it mostly came off as very intense to me.

Then we had a relaxing break in the action with an episode focusing around Manami and her family (which many people compared to Clannad, I should point out).

But since then, it's almost like this anime has turned into another MM!

Which would be fine if it had started out that way, but...


Quote:

I can understand why she might alienate the audience but there are those who like her for those very same reasons.
So... would you then stop liking her if the anime gave her more of a dere side?


Quote:
Besides, she's not completely irrational.
I don't particularly care if she's irrational or not. Some of my favorite anime characters are eccentrics who many would call irrational. But the thing is that those same eccentrics are also likable characters in their own ways.


Quote:
Because the payoff comes later.
I hope that you're right, but I'm starting to doubt it myself. I don't really get a sense of mood, or thematic consistency in this anime. What you say about issues in the comedy to drama back to comedy transitions really resonates with me.


Quote:
The relationship between Kyousuke and Kirino has been improving little by little (slapstick humor aside.) And having been shown nearly 100% tsun for so long will reward those who have been waiting for it. I personally like this take on it since showing her dere side is predictable for the most part.
With other tsunderes, does the predictability of her dere side make you like it less when she starts to show that dere side?

I thought that the whole point of tsunderes was taking enjoyment out of seeing a character with a harsh and abrasive personality gradually become nicer and sweeter; that watching this character development in progress is what makes a tsundere compelling.

Was I wrong about that?


Quote:
Every time we expect it, we end up disappointed. But at the end of it all, those that still like Kirino will be ecstatic
You're right.

Every time I expect Kirino to show a dere side, I end up disappointed.

I don't like being disappointed.

At some level, it really is that simple for me.

I hope that other people here who view Kirino differently can at least see where I'm coming from here.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:44   Link #124
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeitaroNagato View Post
Please forgive me, what is ojou-sama?
It is a term for young lady. In anime, it is usually to address a rich young lady, coming from a refined household.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:53   Link #125
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Every time I expect Kirino to show a dere side, I end up disappointed.
Well, with any luck the game she was playing is some sort of foreshadowing. Personally I have to admit one of the reasons I'm still a fan of Kirino is because I liked her as a character form the start, and as that premise hasn't really changed I haven't seen anything to put me off her (some may say that's shallow, but I call it purity :P ). However I have to say another reason is because when Kirino DOES show her dere side, which I believe is inevitable, I think it would be much more satisfying because you get the feeling it was earned, rather than something which was always there to see.

On another note this episode made me realise how much of a perfect waifu Kuroneko would make I mean, she can cook, sew, loves children.. man, she's basically a Yamato Nadeshiko with an occasionally caustic attitude and otaku interests. Still a Kirino supporter, but seriously... damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeitaroNagato View Post
Please forgive me, what is ojou-sama?

TVTropes is your friend!
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:55   Link #126
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It's also her development in that she feels comfortable enough to be loud. Throughout the episode we could also see her putting up posters, having a mousepad, etc. Early in the series she was extremely paranoid about people discovering her hobby (her mother cleans her room, remember) and now she's pretty relaxed about it.
She became 100% by it after Ayase incident which was long time ago.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:57   Link #127
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I've come to the conclusion that I really don't care. Watching Kirino as portrayed in the show is fun and funny for me, and watching Kyousuke try to deal with her unceasing selfishness is enjoyable as well. It's like a sitcom; "no matter what happens, Kirino will just keep being Kirino!" is their shtick. That was exactly what this episode was like (right down to the last shot), and I thought it was funny and enjoyable. I'm sure that they'll make a transition eventually, but I'm in no rush -- I imagine there's probably a second season to come, anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
But this isn't a pure comedy. There's a lot of drama in this.

Doing a joke that essentially is "Ha ha ha!!! Isn't it hilarious how tsun to the extreme our female lead is! And behold her getting a taste of poetic justice through her very own favorite past time! Ha ha ha!" kind of counteracts any desire to care about that character.

Like, if and when Kirino gets into trouble with her dad or Ayase or somebody else again, why should I care about her? The anime itself is going to great lengths to point out how nasty her behavior is. That kind of undermines any future drama that could depend on the viewer caring about Kirino.
I agree with relentless, I think ultimately this is what the whole debate comes down to. It's not just because some find Kirino unbearable, it's the lack of development for her. Sure, her selfishness plays a big factor into making people even more wants her to develop, but that's not the main issue.

Which I guess, comes down to how you view the show. Some like relentless views this as a sitcom, not minding about the lack of development because perhaps he doesn't expect one to come so soon in the first place, and is just enjoying the ride. While other like Triple_R views this more like a drama in which the main driving force is the relationship between the two siblings, and as such is frustrated with hardly any developments after all 9 episodes.

While I'm not faulting relentless' view (Arrested Development is all about that like the title suggests, but it's still very hilarious and enjoyable) but for me, I'm more in the latter camp. I don't take this as a full blown drama, but more like a dramedy with comedy here and there. Still, while there'a comedy I still expect the show to take itself seriously, and I take it seriously as well. Take for example the panties in this ep, I'd be fine with it in a regular harem show because that's what I expect of them, but not with this show. If a character is 'tsun' like Kirino, unlike in a regular harem show where it's pretty much obligatory and doesn't go much deeper than that, here I want to know what exactly makes her character becomes that way. After all, it's grounded in reality with no unique setting to explore, or any action scenes to drive the plot, it's all about the relationship between the characters and their characterizations.

Therefore, I too watch this show to see the progression of the siblings' relationship and Kirino's plight of being an otaku in a society that looks down on them. The latter is pretty much a non-issue after the 5th ep, and after 9 episodes there isn't much development on the former. That I find Kirino annoying is just adding fuel to the fire, and all that combined is what keeps me from fully enjoying the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Could just have been me,but I think something clicked in her head at the end of the game when she got all emotional after the character in the game mentioned something about playing in a park when she was little,so she hasn't changed her attidude yet,but I've still got hope.
Yeah, after watching the thing again and looking at people's comments, I think the episode seems to have more hints toward future development than I initially thought and gives hope. But still, my problem is that...at this point, I feel like I'm too tired to care. I mean, sure, maybe it'll give an explanation of what actually drives them apart and what makes Kirino behaves like she does, but will it make up to how tsun Kirino has been so far?

More than that, and maybe it's my fault for expecting something else, but I've grown too tired of Kirino that I don't really care what happens to her anymore. Sure, it's great if she finally gets her character development and becomes less annoying, but even if it redeems her I'd still imagine that she'll pale in comparison with the other characters which I'm watching the show for right now (and not the heroine). But yeah, a small, tiny part of me still has a flicker of hope that the last 3-4 ep will finally explain everything and I finally get what I'm waiting for all season and it will be worth it. I hope...
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:58   Link #128
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post

On another note this episode made me realise how much of a perfect waifu Kuroneko would make I mean, she can cook, sew, loves children.. man, she's basically a Yamato Nadeshiko with an occasionally caustic attitude and otaku interests. Still a Kirino supporter, but seriously... damn.
Well, I certainly agree that Kuroneko is an awesome character. She's basically a Yamato Nadeshiko with a charismatic fun side.

Her attitude can be caustic at times, but when it is so, I always understand why. If I was in her shoes, I'd feel much the same as she does.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post

I don't take this as a full blown drama, but more like a dramedy with comedy here and there. Still, while there'a comedy I still expect the show to take itself seriously, and I take it seriously as well. Take for example the panties in this ep, I'd be fine with it in a regular harem show because that's what I expect of them, but not with this show. If a character is 'tsun' like Kirino, unlike in a regular harem show where it's pretty much obligatory and doesn't go much deeper than that, here I want to know what exactly makes her character becomes that way. After all, it's grounded in reality with no unique setting to explore, or any action scenes to drive the plot, it's all about the relationship between the characters and their characterizations.

Therefore, I too watch this show to see the progression of the siblings' relationship and Kirino's plight of being an otaku in a society that looks down on them. The latter is pretty much a non-issue after the 5th ep, and after 9 episodes there isn't much development on the former. That I find Kirino annoying is just adding fuel to the fire, and all that combined is what keeps me from fully enjoying the show.



Yeah, after watching the thing again and looking at people's comments, I think the episode seems to have more hints toward future development than I initially thought and gives hope. But still, my problem is that...at this point, I feel like I'm too tired to care. I mean, sure, maybe it'll give an explanation of what actually drives them apart and what makes Kirino behaves like she does, but will it make up to how tsun Kirino has been so far?

More than that, and maybe it's my fault for expecting something else, but I've grown too tired of Kirino that I don't really care what happens to her anymore. Sure, it's great if she finally gets her character development and becomes less annoying, but even if it redeems her I'd still imagine that she'll pale in comparison with the other characters which I'm watching the show for right now (and not the heroine). But yeah, a small, tiny part of me still has a flicker of hope that the last 3-4 ep will finally explain everything and I finally get what I'm waiting for all season and it will be worth it. I hope...
Darn, I wish I could rep you again.

That was a simply awesome post that almost perfectly sums up my feelings here as well.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 19:09   Link #129
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 27
I'm probably going to get negrepped for this, but does Kuroneko strike anyone as being basically the Japanese equivalent of a vampire fangirl? I mean, she takes her masquerade pretty freaking seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
That's false. In episode 1 she was ignoring him, acting like he didn't exist. Now she's hitting him over perceived failings and arguing with him through a wall about how loudly she's enjoying her hobbies. That's completely different. I see their arguing as a sign that they're much more comfortable around each other than they used to be. Kirino's still pretty annoying for not appreciating him at all, but she's definitely developed their relationship over the series. Just not in a linear "tsundere" path.
This is pretty much how I see it. Her accidental reveal of her otaku hobbies brought them closer. That doesn't mean she necessarily wants to be friendly with him. She's still a selfish, ungrateful little bitch. I'm not seeing anything objectively wrong with how her character has been handled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
And fully removing a huge, key part to what makes a tsundere appealing to many people is similarly daring, but also not necessarily good.

Kirino isn't a tsundere. She's a jerkass. Yeah, she's not an appealing character, but I watch this show for the comedy and drama, not so much the characters. Hence I want characters that make the plot work, not necessarily characters who I find appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Because I also would expect to see some change in Kirno at this stage especially since series are almost over.
The anime is nearly over, the source material probably isn't. We're in the fourth volume of the light novel here and I feel that the author is just getting started. Character development for Kirino will probably occur at some point, but I see no reason it has to happen now. There's plenty of other things the author can do with the story right now.

I'd also like to note that most of the major plot points so far concern Kyousuke, how he reacts to the people around him, and what he wants in life. So it's not like the author hasn't be advancing the main plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Now I know it's not that I hate Kirino, it's that I can't stand her. I'm actually disturbed by her. I have a friend who acts the same way somewhat, with the love for 2d and all that. While we're cool about just hanging out and doing whatever, if that issue comes up I flat out tell him that shit is fucking disturbing, and that I wait for the day when he'll look back and acknowledge it himself. Watching Kirino play the game the way she did, to the point where she took a shower before getting ready to fuck her virtual little sister made me cringe so hard that my brain injured itself just trying to erase the notion of her existence. That's NOT normal. I don't care if you've got excellent grades and a great modeling career, you are all kinds of fucked up and missing some shit in your head to act like that. Forget the 'dere' moment, that's just being squeezed as a plot device and novelty, someone slap this bitch and fix her up. Her dad is right. Ugh.
This is one of the few things I will defend Kirino on. As far as I can tell, its a bit of ritualistic fun on her part, nothing more.
__________________

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 19:21   Link #130
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So... would you then stop liking her if the anime gave her more of a dere side?
Then she wouldn't be Kirino. The point is that I enjoy Kirino and her antics regardless of the fact that she is mostly tsun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I hope that you're right, but I'm starting to doubt it myself. I don't really get a sense of mood, or thematic consistency in this anime. What you say about issues in the comedy to drama back to comedy transitions really resonates with me.
Let's keep in mind that this show probably won't catch up with the novels and we might be looking at a second season so don't put all your hopes into this season although I still hope for a decent ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
With other tsunderes, does the predictability of her dere side make you like it less when she starts to show that dere side?

I thought that the whole point of tsunderes was taking enjoyment out of seeing a character with a harsh and abrasive personality gradually become nicer and sweeter; that watching this character development in progress is what makes a tsundere compelling.

Was I wrong about that?
Again, it would take away from who Kirino is. Of course I wouldn't like her less for showing her predictable dere side but rather like her more than I already do. I was referring to the long awaited moment where she reveals her dere side, all that waiting will make the moment feel that much better. At least for those that still like Kirino by then.

It isn't a question about right or wrong, it all falls under personal preferences at the end of the day. Some like Kirino and others don't, that's just how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
You're right.

Every time I expect Kirino to show a dere side, I end up disappointed.

I don't like being disappointed.

At some level, it really is that simple for me.

I hope that other people here who view Kirino differently can at least see where I'm coming from here.
Like I said, I certainly understand why people dislike her despite the fact that I like Kirino.

Then by that same token, would it be fair to ask those that don't like Kirino to understand those who do like her?
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2010-11-29 at 19:34.
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 19:21   Link #131
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
With other tsunderes, does the predictability of her dere side make you like it less when she starts to show that dere side?

I thought that the whole point of tsunderes was taking enjoyment out of seeing a character with a harsh and abrasive personality gradually become nicer and sweeter; that watching this character development in progress is what makes a tsundere compelling.

Was I wrong about that?
Well, a) I don't think you're ever going to find tsundere characters appealing by analysing the appeal from an abstract third-party point of view.

But anyway, b) the key thing about tsundere characters is that both their tsuntsun and deredere personalities are actually signs of love. This is a sort of unspoken rule of (most) eroge because you know that, if the heroine has a route, she's going to fall in love with the protagonist. Seeing the protagonist eventually win over the heroine to reveal the deredere side is part of the appeal (and the contrast makes the change that much sweeter), but just knowing that the whole tsuntsun "front" is a lie has a way of making the whole thing endearing. So the appeal isn't only in the "change", but also in the lead-up before the change occurs knowing that it's going to happen eventually. You perceive every action differently with that guidance in mind.

So, if you really want to "get it", every time you see Kirino acting rude towards Kyousuke, just remind yourself: she's only acting this way because she's easily embarrassed and can't be honest about her true feelings, and the truth is she loves him. You don't have to have absolutely undeniable proof of this (guaranteed it'll happen at least to some degree); that's simply the "understanding" any eroge player would have about her character. It's as close as we get to eroge law. With that understanding, you may begin to see the appeal in Kirino's character. Or you may still not be able to get over her actions. You certainly may still find her frustrating at times. There's a reason the player in Kirino's game had the two options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
I too watch this show to see the progression of the siblings' relationship and Kirino's plight of being an otaku in a society that looks down on them.
For reference, I've never felt the show was about that from day one. To me, it's about a guy who had just wanted to live a normal life having his reality turned upside down when he discovered his estranged but seemingly-perfect sister was living a double-life. Thematically-appropriate hijinks and craziness ensue and -- who knows -- Kyousuke may just end up falling in love with someone by the end of the story. Regardless, his life will have changed through the experience.

I don't think it's necessarily your fault for expecting something different... but I don't know to what degree your interpretation was intended by the author (beyond the fact that the show continues to draw attention to the fact that some find Kirino intolerable).
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 19:25   Link #132
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Kuroneko trying to grab the phone without waking her sister (who is btw suuuuuuuper cute) was absolutely adorable.

And man did I laugh a lot when Kirino went hyper over her eroge, specially the onii-chan part.
__________________
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 19:57   Link #133
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
So, if you really want to "get it", every time you see Kirino acting rude towards Kyousuke, just remind yourself: she's only acting this way because she's easily embarrassed and can't be honest about her true feelings, and the truth is she loves him.
Okay, I am trying this approach. I can understand that she is easily embarrassed, and I can see that she is not honest with her feelings. However, the feelings that I see is appreciation and admiration, not love. She appreciates his help, and she admires him for being able to figure things out and helping her. However, the reason she cannot express this feeling is because she also sees him as a loser brother who cannot measure up to her. She cannot praise someone who is below her because her ego will not allow it.

Hence, she reacts by punishing him instead of praising him, to keep him lower where she thinks he belongs. If I actually saw love instead of belittlement, then I might actually relate with Kirino. As it stands, she is just an unappreciating brat who cannot get over her ego that her brother is better than what she thought he is.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 20:05   Link #134
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, a) I don't think you're ever going to find tsundere characters appealing by analysing the appeal from an abstract third-party point of view.

But anyway, b) the key thing about tsundere characters is that both their tsuntsun and deredere personalities are actually signs of love. This is a sort of unspoken rule of (most) eroge because you know that, if the heroine has a route, she's going to fall in love with the protagonist. Seeing the protagonist eventually win over the heroine to reveal the deredere side is part of the appeal (and the contrast makes the change that much sweeter), but just knowing that the whole tsuntsun "front" is a lie has a way of making the whole thing endearing. So the appeal isn't only in the "change", but also in the lead-up before the change occurs knowing that it's going to happen eventually. You perceive every action differently with that guidance in mind.

So, if you really want to "get it", every time you see Kirino acting rude towards Kyousuke, just remind yourself: she's only acting this way because she's easily embarrassed and can't be honest about her true feelings, and the truth is she loves him. You don't have to have absolutely undeniable proof of this (guaranteed it'll happen at least to some degree); that's simply the "understanding" any eroge player would have about her character. It's as close as we get to eroge law. With that understanding, you may begin to see the appeal in Kirino's character. Or you may still not be able to get over her actions. You certainly may still find her frustrating at times. There's a reason the player in Kirino's game had the two options.

For reference, I've never felt the show was about that from day one. To me, it's about a guy who had just wanted to live a normal life having his reality turned upside down when he discovered his estranged but seemingly-perfect sister was living a double-life. Thematically-appropriate hijinks and craziness ensue and -- who knows -- Kyousuke may just end up falling in love with someone by the end of the story. Regardless, his life will have changed through the experience.

I don't think it's necessarily your fault for expecting something different... but I don't know to what degree your interpretation was intended by the author (beyond the fact that the show continues to draw attention to the fact that some find Kirino intolerable).

Exactly, I agree completely. Kirino is not going to change, her personality is too strong for that. Even if Kyosuke figures out the reason behind their distance for the past couple years, her action still won't change.

Relentlessflame hits right on the nail that her tsundere type is that all her violent tendency is just a cover up for her embarrassment. The problem I have with last two episode was not Kirino's treatment toward Kyosuke, but the awkwardness of the characters due to plot-change when it could have avoided by sticking to original LN plot or blow it completely up with new scripts.

What this episode was doing well for me was that we were shown Kirino's dere side (as viewers) which made her tusn-side more understandable in front of Kyosuke. And this is what past couple episodes was missing.

The panty scene was obvious that she was embarrassed, and in addition, she was going to shower in preparation for the ero-scene when this happened...

Instead of look at Kirino's as the issue for this series that need to be fixed, IMHO, this series is about learning the Kirino's true personality and the reason behinds her action toward Kyosuke.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 20:08   Link #135
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
This is one of the few things I will defend Kirino on. As far as I can tell, its a bit of ritualistic fun on her part, nothing more.
I already said I acknowledge that but in this instance her ritual is greatly enjoying a game where the brother is fucking her underage sisters.

That's fucking weird, ugly, and wrong period. Not the game (everyone's got their own thing), the act of loudly enjoying it like a fucking idiot is. Especially the shower portion, holy shit that's creepy.
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 20:15   Link #136
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
However, the reason she cannot express this feeling is because she also sees him as a loser brother who cannot measure up to her. She cannot praise someone who is below her because her ego will not allow it.

Hence, she reacts by punishing him instead of praising him, to keep him lower where she thinks he belongs.
Hmm... you think so? I guess I never thought of it as putting him in his place, exactly. I figure it's just that she doesn't want him to "get the wrong idea" and so is trying to keep him at a safe distance. If he gets too close/friendly to her, she may actually have to redefine their relationship, and I'm not sure that she really has a good understanding of what a normal platonic sibling relationship should look like (especially given the bias of all the games she plays).

Basically, I don't think she sees him as a loser brother anymore than Rinko sees the protagonist as a loser brother in the game Kirino's playing. Her ego won't allow her to praise him because it's like giving up control, and she may be unsure of what would happen next. Giving up control is the one thing over-achievers don't generally like to do.

IMO, of course...
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 20:29   Link #137
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I already said I acknowledge that but in this instance her ritual is greatly enjoying a game where the brother is fucking her underage sisters.

That's fucking weird, ugly, and wrong period. Not the game (everyone's got their own thing), the act of loudly enjoying it like a fucking idiot is. Especially the shower portion, holy shit that's creepy.
To each their own I guess, I found that hilarious. On the side note, when I play eroge, I do replay the voice track over a few time when there is a line that I like just as Kirino did.

In addition, for some reason, I can actually image some players clean themselves before the ero-scene. I don't know if you ever play eroge before (or even regular bishojo game), but it's usually a natural breaking point (important special event scene for non-adult bishojo game) in the game with dark screens and lead-in lines......




Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Hmm... you think so? I guess I never thought of it as putting him in his place, exactly. I figure it's just that she doesn't want him to "get the wrong idea" and so is trying to keep him at a safe distance. If he gets too close/friendly to her, she may actually have to redefine their relationship, and I'm not sure that she really has a good understanding of what a normal platonic sibling relationship should look like (especially given the bias of all the games she plays).

Basically, I don't think she sees him as a loser brother anymore than Rinko sees the protagonist as a loser brother in the game Kirino's playing. Her ego won't allow her to praise him because it's like giving up control, and she may be unsure of what would happen next. Giving up control is the one thing over-achievers don't generally like to do.

IMO, of course...

I have to agree with you here too, though my take is that Kirino is afraid that she would get hurt again if she let Kyosuke get too close and then ends up like they did before. So instead, she acts violently to keep Kyosuke distant from her.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 20:36   Link #138
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
I can't believe Kirino kept her hobby a secret for this long the way she throws a tantrum or gets excited every time something mundane happens in those games.
Keep in mind that her parents aren't at home and will come back late, so she can go all out for once. At other times, she obviously keeps quiet enough that nobody notices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumine View Post
Stupid Kyou, can't he just go to the living room or Manami's house to study in peace?
If he was really serious about studying, he would go somewhere where he's undisturbed - down in the living room, or even over to Manami's house.
Point is, he *isn't* - he's not in the mood for studying, as he tells Kuroneko when phoning her up. He's also angry that he has to learn for an exam (possibly even in a subject he doesn't like), while Kirino is having lots of fun with her eroge in her room. To vent his frustration about all this, he bangs the wall and bitches at Kirino.
__________________
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 20:44   Link #139
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
To each their own I guess, I found that hilarious. On the side note, when I play eroge, I do replay the voice track over a few time when there is a line that I like just as Kirino did.
Well, you obviously relate to it.

If you act like that around me though, I'm slapping upside your head.

Twice.

Quote:
In addition, for some reason, I can actually image some players clean themselves before the ero-scene. I don't know if you ever play eroge before (or even regular bishojo game), but it's usually a natural breaking point (important special event scene for non-adult bishojo game) in the game with dark screens and lead-in lines......
I've never played an eroge before, I'm too impatient with my pornography to bother with it, and I dislike the need for 'branches' / 'routes' and all that.

Still disturbing.
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 21:17   Link #140
Qikz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 24
Once again, I really enjoyed this. Everything from beginning to end had me laughing, going d'awww (Kuroneko's scenes) and some WHAT? scenes too. I can't believe Saori is an ojousama and an incredibly good looking one at that too it seems. I can't wait to get my hands on the game next year and play through her route to learn more.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.