AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-07-16, 14:16   Link #1
Un1234l
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Bleach anime dub roles

Heyyy... This topic is to share thoughts and ideas on which voice actor should take on the role of a BLEACH character in the english dub.

And please, no b****ing about how all dubs suck, and that the japanese voices with english subtitles are the only thing you will watch, because it shows 2 things:

1. You don't have an open mind.
2. You're most likely a Japanophile (One who takes an interest in Japan when they only know about a few things (In this case, anime).

And let's all remember, not all English dubbing of anime is bad. Think Rurouni Kenshin (Yes, it IS good).

I think the one who voiced Reno in FF VII: Advent Children (ENG) sounds a LOT like Ichigo, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Un1234l; 2006-07-16 at 14:27.
Un1234l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 19:02   Link #2
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
For anyone wondering Bleach Fade to Black will be dub late November 2010
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 19:35   Link #3
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Countmania
If they are going to make dubs like in Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke, then - yes.

Other than that, simply no. I can't get over japanese terms or names pronounced that way. No hate, no nothing, simple as that.

From other side, croatian language has way more similar pronouncation of sylabiles with Japanese, than some other languages.

For example :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NCnQ...eature=related

It's an episode of the Pokemon, in Croatian (other ex-yugoslavian languages are similar), because our tards didn't take any other anime to dub other than Pokemon (thus only way of an example). I don't have to mention I'm really used to English language, I really like it, but really few languages fit in anime. Just simple as that.
__________________

mugenTaichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 19:46   Link #4
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
I think the only reason people have problems with dubs is because certain subs are ones you get hooked too and when you watch the dubs they all sound weird. I watch both subs and dubs, but I have watched dubbed anime longer and I like many voices, but there are some like movie voices or certain 4 Kids voices that are just horrible
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 21:34   Link #5
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Hey, you guys know what would be weird? If they got Johnny Yong Bosch to play Ichigo. That would be a horrible idea, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
I think the only reason people have problems with dubs is because certain subs are ones you get hooked too and when you watch the dubs they all sound weird. I watch both subs and dubs, but I have watched dubbed anime longer and I like many voices, but there are some like movie voices or certain 4 Kids voices that are just horrible
I watch both dubs & subs too, and in my experiences, it works both ways. Actually, that may be why a lot of people can't get into anime - they think Japanese sounds weird altogether, or they've watched the dub too much.

And if you're like me, you try watching as many anime in both dub AND sub, if the dub don't suck too much(or the sub, for that matter). I watch Bleach dubs and subs when I can, and uh... when I imagine a certain Bleach character's voice, it's always a strange combination of their original and dubbed voice
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 21:38   Link #6
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Hey, you guys know what would be weird? If they got Johnny Yong Bosch to play Ichigo. That would be a horrible idea, IMO.

I watch both dubs & subs too, and in my experiences, it works both ways. Actually, that may be why a lot of people can't get into anime - they think Japanese sounds weird altogether, or they've watched the dub too much.

And if you're like me, you try watching as many anime in both dub AND sub, if the dub don't suck too much(or the sub, for that matter). I watch Bleach dubs and subs when I can, and uh... when I imagine a certain Bleach character's voice, it's always a strange combination of their original and dubbed voice
Hm I agree a little in fact Bleach might be one that works all ways around

and for any who is wondering yes there are bad subs
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 02:47   Link #7
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In G-Dragon Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Hey, you guys know what would be weird? If they got Johnny Yong Bosch to play Ichigo. That would be a horrible idea, IMO.

I watch both dubs & subs too, and in my experiences, it works both ways. Actually, that may be why a lot of people can't get into anime - they think Japanese sounds weird altogether, or they've watched the dub too much.

And if you're like me, you try watching as many anime in both dub AND sub, if the dub don't suck too much(or the sub, for that matter). I watch Bleach dubs and subs when I can, and uh... when I imagine a certain Bleach character's voice, it's always a strange combination of their original and dubbed voice
I think so too. I am use to dubs actaully, but for only some anime the dub doesn't sound lively so I just stick to readin the manga sometimes It goes for sub too...
There are times when I like subs better and vise-versa
Quote:
Hey, you guys know what would be weird? If they got Johnny Yong Bosch to play Ichigo. That would be a horrible idea, IMO.
Oh and yea.... completley agree
Does anyone think renjis VA can pull it off as Renji (forgot his name)
__________________
~♥BigBangBigBang♥~
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 21:41   Link #8
Chiisai Kuma
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ireland (hello British Bleach fans)
heres a bit of random info that i wasnt sure of posting in what thread
while i was at my cosins house over the weekend (playing there ps2) i learned that the voice over guy you here at the end of a race on "SSX Tricky" is also the english dub narrorator for bleach. i reconised the voice after winning some races.
__________________

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 10:04   Link #9
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Very interesting
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 13:43   Link #10
Anubis62
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hueco Mundo
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
I watch Bleach dubs and subs when I can, and uh... when I imagine a certain Bleach character's voice, it's always a strange combination of their original and dubbed voice
No worries; I have the same issue.

Some dub voices I like better than the sub voices, and vice-versa. Not because of the language, just simply because the voice and nuances are better.
Sometimes I think Aizen's dub VA sounds better than his Japanese one (and vice versa).
I like Renji's Dub voice better than his Japanese, though. xD
__________________
I suppose it is only to be expected; you have my pity. There are no such thing as 'truth' or 'lies' in this world; there never has been. There are only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those 'facts' that are convenient to them, and take them to be the 'truth'. They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world, it is those 'facts' that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real 'truth'.
Anubis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 15:25   Link #11
Chiisai Kuma
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ireland (hello British Bleach fans)
i want to here ppl opinion of urahara's VA
heres the same sene in the anime with the different VA's
english dub: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riI6umeSHmg
endlish sub: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGsT0...eature=related
sorry one is longer than the other.
__________________

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 19:41   Link #12
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Kisuke was best in Dub
However Yammy's VA was always best in Japan
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 19:55   Link #13
Chiisai Kuma
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ireland (hello British Bleach fans)
urahara clips allways make me grin more than gin. seriously i cant stop smiling when watching those clips, is there somthing wrong with me that i cant stop smiling everytime i see a clip of him?
__________________

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 21:01   Link #14
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
urahara clips allways make me grin more than gin. seriously i cant stop smiling when watching those clips, is there somthing wrong with me that i cant stop smiling everytime i see a clip of him?
Because you are a true Urahara fan
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 01:48   Link #15
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un1234l View Post
1. You don't have an open mind.
2. You're most likely a Japanophile (One who takes an interest in Japan when they only know about a few things (In this case, anime).

And let's all remember, not all English dubbing of anime is bad. Think Rurouni Kenshin (Yes, it IS good).
last time i checked i wasn't narrow-minded. it's just a matter of preferences. i just happen to prefer the japanese-dubbed ones because the seiyuu are great at what they do. only they can make female voice actors sound convincing as teenage boys.

i don't think i'm a japanophile either or whatever you call it, it's not just anime i'm interested in but the japanese culture itself. i'm also trying to learn nihongo and watching japanese-dubbed anime and japanese movies help. i've been teaching english to japanese students for years and i find their language and culture quite fascinating. anime and manga are simply a part of it. and i thought the english-dubbed version of rurouni kenshin sucked. misao sounded like a man and they even changed the names. kaoru became cori and yahiko became yoshi. what's up with that? or maybe i saw a different english-dubbed version.

i don't mind watching english-dubbed anime as long as it's done right. i saw howl's moving castle in its dubbed version and i thought it was good, same with spirited away. but then again, they used some pretty good hollywood actors like christian bale, billy crystal, etc.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.