AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-22, 19:05   Link #41
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintBaller
For Naruto
Justin Berfield from Malcome in the Middle,
He plays Reese
although he may be to old
You're going to have to get kids that are a little older than they are in the story...can't find actors and martial artists at that age...

Detroit's MVP of the 2003 NBA Finals goes to...the referees!
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 19:09   Link #42
MikoKikyo

Yeah, they could be 15-16 and the it would be just fine...better maybe. i mean frankly, sometimes i find them all way too mature to be 12 yr olds.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 19:15   Link #43
n00blike
member 69 of S.P.A. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
The only drawing > movie that has really worked well has been Xmen, because the director was extremely faithful to atmosphere of the comic, minus the blinding yellow tights of wolvy turned into black leather, which was a change for the better.
wtf?

xman didn't stik to the comic!
there are too meany thing to list but it was perrty much way out there. the only that good where the acter selection!

but they were perrty cool they just need jambet, apocolips, mr. sinister, and more on mutants vs. mutants!
Old 2004-03-22, 19:23   Link #44
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00blike
wtf?

xman didn't stik to the comic!
there are too meany thing to list but it was perrty much way out there. the only that good where the acter selection!

but they were perrty cool they just need jambet, apocolips, mr. sinister, and more on mutants vs. mutants!
who the hell is jambet?

Sinister is probably going to be part 3. Next movie looks like it's pure cyclops. And nobody eles can hurt Sinister buy Cyclops

and..

Kate winslet wasn't in Pirates.... That was that Kiera Knightley or something.
Winslet was in Titanic.

I'll like to see Pacino as Hokage.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 19:23   Link #45
PaintBaller

Fine if Madonna is the old, then Brittney Spears for the Young. (Based on looks only, neither Madonna or Brittney can act).

A little older huh, well how about that girl from SmallVille
Kristin Kreuk To Play Anko.

Eliza Dushku Would also make a good fit for Anko or even Yuuhi Kurenai
PaintBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 19:26   Link #46
n00blike
member 69 of S.P.A. ;)

sorry its gambit

he is so freaken cool !

Last edited by n00blike; 2004-03-22 at 19:42.
n00blike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 19:27   Link #47
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
who the hell is jambet?

Sinister is probably going to be part 3. Next movie looks like it's pure cyclops. And nobody eles can hurt Sinister buy Cyclops
He means Gambit.

Old 2004-03-22, 19:31   Link #48
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto Maniac
if he wouldn't have done that, each movie would have been about eight hours long (at the minimum), so I don't think that's a good example... Matrix 2 and 3 are though...
No, its not that he left out stuff, its that he chose some things that were far less important to the story than others, and that he actually changed many parts all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Sasuke:
Needs to be an Asian kid. Sorry, he does.
Signed.

Quote:
Sakura:
She can be American, too. One of the new US young 'it' girls. Lindsey Lohan
I can definatly see her as sakura. Just gotta get rid of the freckles with tons of makeup.

Quote:
Kakashi:
Someone who looks 28 or so, still pretty built, and agile. Looks like Kakashi's got a bit of skin color...so (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001617/) Lou Diamond Phillips. He's a little old, but you have to see him in The Big Hit to know that he'd make a pretty good Kakashi...he's got some moves, and he's funny when you give him the right role.
he really doesnt look the part at all, though.

Quote:
Jiraiya:
Bruce Campbell's fine, for the looks and acting but he can't fight. He's also not the raging pervert. If Jack Black lost some weight, he'd be awesome for Jiraiya. But, I'll go with Campbell for now...since Jiraiya doesn't fight that much.
Jiraiya might need to be played by someone of a different ethnicality(is that a word?). I have yet to really see anyone who could really look the roll of jiraiya, and bruce campbell, although fitting the roll as an actor, doesnt look it at all.

Quote:
3rd Hokage:
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0846480/#guest-appearances)
Cary Tagawa. He's gotta be Asian, and he's gotta be old but not frail. Cary can still fight.
Well, he is rather old, and hes been in fighting flicks since I was in diapers practically, but hes not really old enough. At least appearance wise. It might work with some heavy makeup, but it just seems like too much work.

Quote:
Guy Maito:
Simple, really. Guy's a smiley Bruce Lee rip-off. So, go for the US smiley Bruce Lee ripoff, (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001462/) Jason Scott Lee. He was goofy in Jungle Book, and played Bruce Lee in the Bruce Lee Story. He even has the hair already.
I agree completely, he'd make a great gai. Nice find.

Quote:
Nara Shikamaru:
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0498189/) Sam Lee. Kinda goofy looking, and a lazy guy. Able to be imposing at times. He'd be my first choice...but his English is bad. I'd probably use him, and dub his lines in. Nobody else really fits well.
Got a photo of him? Google returns too much other crap.

Quote:
Hyuuga Neji:
Semi-stylish, arrogant, but grudgingly respectful. Should look a little older than the rest of the gang. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0874866/) Nicolas Tse works.
shit, this guys my age. He also looks a bit too old for the roll, though if neji were older I'd definatly see it happening.

Quote:
Kiba:
Arrogant Eskimo. Has to be fight-worthy. You could probably grab one of the kids from School of Rock. Either the drummer or the main guitar guy. Just have them buff up a little.
I cant see anyone off the top of my head, but either an american or asian actor would work for him, just as long as they're loud mouthed.

Quote:
Kurenai:
Zhang Ziyi
*nosebleed* yes...

Quote:
Zabuza:
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001092/)Mark Dacascos. He is SO badass in Brotherhood of the Wolf, it's not even funny
best suggestion so far. Hes also a very impressive actor and martial artist.

Quote:
Anko:
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005026) Kelly Hu. Did you see The Scorpion King? She's perfect. Rowrr.
shes pretty damn hot, but I actually think an american would play her better for some reason, dont ask who though, I'm just here to shoot down ideas and agree with the good ones.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 19:36   Link #49
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintBaller

A little older huh, well how about that girl from SmallVille
Kristin Kreuk To Play Anko.
[/URL]
she would make a good Anko...so hot too

and Jude Law as Itachi...excellent

the straight asain looking characters can be asian, as long as theyre in american cinema.
(remember...dont take this too seriously...cuz its obviously not)

ill make more crappy pics when i have more time

nooblike...(below)

great similarities...he get the job in my opinion

sorry i didnt alter this one...maybe later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
If you are too lazy to click the link and check for your self, I will qoute it;

Do not double post
If you want to add something to a message you have just posted, please use the "Edit" button under your post to edit your post rather than posting a new reply.
yo! what didnt u get that that was a rush monkey mistake on my part.....
I WAS A RUSH MONKEY...i admit it, but thats not stopping you.

all has been corrected and i WILL post new if it is not a response to something in the area i am being responded to...im not doing anything wrong...WAS...not anymore, so thank you for your time...again.

Last edited by Copy Ninja; 2004-03-22 at 19:49.
Copy Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 19:36   Link #50
n00blike
member 69 of S.P.A. ;)

I got one
Hugo Weaving

As

Hyuga Hiashi
Old 2004-03-22, 19:37   Link #51
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copy Ninja
jet li could made a good kakashi...i'd like to see him as Zabuza, cuz he playes the evil parts well,

i addressed my double post issue above, and DID accidentally do that, but it was too late by the time i was done rush monkeying through it.

...but responding to other posts is not double posting...if it were, how the hell would any kind of communication go on here?

it would be peole searching for ohers previous posts that have been edited?

and new info...new response...new post, ne?
I'm sorry but you are incorrect. You can see all the posts of other people before you post your own responce. So do not double post just becuase you over looked a post that you didn't respond to before you made your responce. Further more, it is agianst the rules. If you are too lazy to click the link and check for your self, I will qoute it;

Do not double post
If you want to add something to a message you have just posted, please use the "Edit" button under your post to edit your post rather than posting a new reply.

------------------------

Back to the subject. Yes Bruce Lee would make a good Gai but unfortunetly he is dead. Jet li is the most prominent asian star in the world, he currently makes more then all the asian stars from china. How can you not know who he is Kabuta Maniac?
Old 2004-03-22, 19:38   Link #52
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00blike
I got one
Hugo Weaving

As

Hyuga Hiashi
Definatly, though with that hair I'd be laughing my ass off at how similar he'd look if he were chosen as Neji
Old 2004-03-22, 19:41   Link #53
n00blike
member 69 of S.P.A. ;)

yeah that would be funny! lol
Old 2004-03-22, 19:47   Link #54
fujisawa
Reindeer King

Send a message via AIM to fujisawa
Gaara= Michael Jackson [IMG] C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\161103-Gaara.jpg[/IMG]
fujisawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 19:47   Link #55
fujisawa
Reindeer King

Send a message via AIM to fujisawa
Sorry, i was tryin to post a pic of gaara as michale jackson, well vice versa, anyone help!
fujisawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 19:50   Link #56
n00blike
member 69 of S.P.A. ;)

you have to upload it to the net

either by a website that uploads imgs or find one on the net
Old 2004-03-22, 19:52   Link #57
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujisawa
Sorry, i was tryin to post a pic of gaara as michale jackson, well vice versa, anyone help!
get a free webpage
upload your pic and then do what you did in your first post...the double post police seem to be on the prowl in the thread

for free...the best i found

free webpage
Old 2004-03-22, 19:53   Link #58
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujisawa
Gaara= Michael Jackson
doesnt work, period. Though him as Oro is pretty scary, they'd only need to add a little more to his nose, and make him just a little less albino, though not much. Hell, he even fits the part. He chases after little boys, so that he can get inside them too!
Old 2004-03-22, 20:00   Link #59
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
he really doesnt look the part at all, though.
Kakashi's got all but one eye covered most of the time. Lou looks the part enough, I think.

Quote:
Jiraiya might need to be played by someone of a different ethnicality(is that a word?). I have yet to really see anyone who could really look the roll of jiraiya, and bruce campbell, although fitting the roll as an actor, doesnt look it at all.
I think Jack Black fits the role better, the young at heart pervert (just add shocking white hair) but he's too fat. Can't think of an older Asian scoundrel. Paul Rodriquez would work if you wanted someone who was a minority...he's even got some similar facial expressions.

Quote:
Well, he is rather old, and hes been in fighting flicks since I was in diapers practically, but hes not really old enough. At least appearance wise. It might work with some heavy makeup, but it just seems like too much work.
I think if you get older than he is, you run the risk of them not being able to move. Cary can still run and throw up believable kicks and punches. It's much easier to put makeup on a guy and have him fight than it is to make an older guy digitally move.

Quote:
I agree completely, he'd make a great gai. Nice find.
It's obvious...you have a guy that wants to be Bruce Lee...find someone who played Bruce Lee in a movie.

Quote:
Got a photo of him? Google returns too much other crap.
http://www.lovehkfilm.com/panasia/ping_pong.htm

He's the guy in orange.

Quote:
shit, this guys my age. He also looks a bit too old for the roll, though if neji were older I'd definatly see it happening.
I'm thinking the Naruto age kids would have to be actors in the 15-17 range. Neji, Guy, and Tenten should be a little older than he is. As long as it's close...no biggie.

Quote:
I cant see anyone off the top of my head, but either an american or asian actor would work for him, just as long as they're loud mouthed.
Agreed.

Quote:
*nosebleed* yes...
I would make her Tenten, because she's about young enough...but Tenten's too useless for Zhang Ziyi.

Quote:
best suggestion so far. Hes also a very impressive actor and martial artist.
Then it's settled. Anyone who says anyone besides Mark Dacascos for Zabuza is WRONG.

Quote:
shes pretty damn hot, but I actually think an american would play her better for some reason, dont ask who though, I'm just here to shoot down ideas and agree with the good ones.
Dude, she has 2 scenes. Acting doesn't matter. She's just gotta look the part. She's already done it in Scorpion King, she's totally be able to sport the fishnet top for Anko's 2 scenes. Same thing goes for Lenny K. as Shino's dad. If he were in the anime for any longer it'd be an acting issue...but he has like 1 line.

Also, if Sasuke has to be Asian, so does Itachi. If Jet Li were taller he might fit the bill unfortunately, he's also 40. Jude Law is outlawed. Christian Bale should be Kisame.

Old 2004-03-22, 20:00   Link #60
n00blike
member 69 of S.P.A. ;)

AS

i think MJ thinks he is kakashi already!