AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-22, 20:11   Link #61
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Back to the subject. Yes Bruce Lee would make a good Gai but unfortunetly he is dead. Jet li is the most prominent asian star in the world, he currently makes more then all the asian stars from china. How can you not know who he is Kabuta Maniac?
I'm fairly certain that Jackie Chan makes more than Jet Li hands down. He makes more HK movies, and more big budget US movies as well. Last year Jet was in what, Cradle 2 the Grave. Jackie was in Shanghai Nights, The Medallion, and Twins Effect. Shanghai Nights went over $60 million, and Twins Effect was huge in HK.

Detroit's MVP of the 2003 NBA Finals goes to...the referees!
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 20:24   Link #62
MikoKikyo

no.
no.... please no! don't do that to kakashi!
i mean, even if they resemble each other (which i dont think they do), kakashi deserves someone who can come out as cool as hell, or else it just doesnt work...
::twitches:: SO unlike him....
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 20:25   Link #63
n00blike
member 69 of S.P.A. ;)

Jet Li is a wanabe and always will be

its all about bruce and jackie
doing there own stunts and stuff

its all about the ANTI-WIRE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
no.
no.... please no! don't do that to kakashi!
i mean, even if they resemble each other (which i dont think they do), kakashi deserves someone who can come out as cool as hell, or else it just doesnt work...
::twitches:: SO unlike him....

LOL sorry if i tramitized(sp?) you or any one els
Old 2004-03-22, 20:29   Link #64
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00blike

AS

i think MJ thinks he is kakashi already!

thats is too f-ed up...fucking great!

I TOTALLY DISAPPROVE THOUGH

still...funny

Last edited by Copy Ninja; 2004-03-22 at 20:57.
Copy Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 20:38   Link #65
MikoKikyo

Yeah...*nodds* that's exactly what i was refering to earlier...

o boy...poor kakashi...
Old 2004-03-22, 20:55   Link #66
Will
Toebeard the Pirate

Send a message via AIM to Will Send a message via MSN to Will
Hmmm ... lovely though Zhang Ziyi and Kelly Hu are, the adult ladies in Naruto tend to be fairly voluptuous. Those two are a bit waiflike, especially Zhang. If you want a more built asian actress, how about Tia Carerre?

As has already been said, this is pure speculation as I dont think Naruto would translate very well to live action, but I think Zhang Ziyi would be OK for Tenten. She's definitely cute enough and young looking, although I'm not sure how well she'd sport the princess leia hairdo...
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 21:00   Link #67
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

More Bit Player Action Theater!

Asuma: The Rock would be perfect for Asuma. Except I don't think he'd smoke and that'd ruin everything.

Gatou: Danny Devito. Who else is short and sinister, besides Mini-Me?

Shizune: Kelly Lin. Just punch it into google, since I can't link to any images.

Old 2004-03-22, 21:03   Link #68
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
I'm fairly certain that Jackie Chan makes more than Jet Li hands down. He makes more HK movies, and more big budget US movies as well. Last year Jet was in what, Cradle 2 the Grave. Jackie was in Shanghai Nights, The Medallion, and Twins Effect. Shanghai Nights went over $60 million, and Twins Effect was huge in HK.
Actually if you look it up, you'll find that Jet Li is currently making more then any asian star from china right now. Maby Jackie Chan made more in the past but he doesn't now. How much a movie makes does not effect how much the actors get becuase that's already predetermined in the contract they make before hand with the production company.
Old 2004-03-22, 21:03   Link #69
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Kakashi's got all but one eye covered most of the time. Lou looks the part enough, I think.
if you put it like that though, then there are thousands of people in california alone who could fit the roll. For kakashi its definatly gotta be someone who can do the acting, with appearance being a secondary. With kakashi, the only thing about appearance you really have to worry about is fitness level, and the general structure of their face (again, anime and reality differ, but his face isnt exactly that unrealistic)

Quote:
I think Jack Black fits the role better, the young at heart pervert (just add shocking white hair) but he's too fat. Can't think of an older Asian scoundrel. Paul Rodriquez would work if you wanted someone who was a minority...he's even got some similar facial expressions.
I dont really think so about jack black. His general personality is a bit more.. extreme and off the wall. Jiraiya can be serious, but is really just more goofy, and less.. I want to say "flamboyant" but it doesnt quite fit. Jack also still wouldnt look the roll. Jiraiya doesnt really do any fighting at all, so it would be ok to cast an older guy, (even though a "younger" jiraiya as seen in some fan images would look great as well) since all he'd be doing is ogling women and hopping back and forth on one leg doing his crazy dance. I'm still trying to think of someone who would fit the roll though, hes one of those people who broke the mold after the first model.

Quote:
I think if you get older than he is, you run the risk of them not being able to move. Cary can still run and throw up believable kicks and punches. It's much easier to put makeup on a guy and have him fight than it is to make an older guy digitally move.
well, you do have a point, I guess. jerk.

Quote:
http://www.lovehkfilm.com/panasia/ping_pong.htm

He's the guy in orange.
*shrug* I dont see it.

Quote:
I'm thinking the Naruto age kids would have to be actors in the 15-17 range. Neji, Guy, and Tenten should be a little older than he is. As long as it's close...no biggie.
Yeah but as I said, the guy definatly seems too old for the part. There are definatly people who look way younger than they really are, asians not excluded, but he doesnt seem like one of them.

Also, what do you mean guy (gai)?! Does that mean you were casting the bruce lee guy as lee?

Quote:
I would make her Tenten, because she's about young enough...but Tenten's too useless for Zhang Ziyi.
definatly wouldnt make a good tenten (my basis being that shes a mature woman, shes long past her "is she a kid or an adult?" asian phase (many asian women dont look grown up until alot they're alot older, which incidentally would make an asian tenten perfect, since they'd have martial arts experience, and still be able to look the roll))

Quote:
Then it's settled. Anyone who says anyone besides Mark Dacascos for Zabuza is WRONG.
Only someone who looks dead on like zabuza could beat mark

Quote:
Dude, she has 2 scenes. Acting doesn't matter. She's just gotta look the part. She's already done it in Scorpion King, she's totally be able to sport the fishnet top for Anko's 2 scenes. Same thing goes for Lenny K. as Shino's dad. If he were in the anime for any longer it'd be an acting issue...but he has like 1 line.
I actually meant appearance wise, an american would fit better. I was also partially thinking the same for kurenai as well, they just seem so much more american than asian.

Its true shinos dad isnt exactly a major facet in the naruto universe, but I still think lenny wouldnt work, because I highly doubt he does acting rolls period. If he does, then yeah nobody else could compare, but it all comes down to whether or not he is on tour or pushing his latest album.

Quote:
Also, if Sasuke has to be Asian, so does Itachi. If Jet Li were taller he might fit the bill unfortunately, he's also 40. Jude Law is outlawed. Christian Bale should be Kisame.
I dont think I've seen kisame, I assume hes further on in the manga. Got an image for him as well?

Jet li definatly wouldnt fit the bill, besides being rather short, hes also rather pudgy in the cheeks, which is why I am partially against him as kakashi.

Jude law sorta looks like itachi, but I wouldnt like to see him. He was the only candidate so far, so I said maybe. Whoever is chosen for itachi though, he'd have to look fairly similar to sasuke for obvious reasons, and thats also why them both cast as asian actors would work, because of the general likeness asian people have to each other (rather stereotypical to say, but it is true)

I dont want to say it because I dont think he can act the roll, and hes rather tall, but I think the kid who plays Reese in malchom in the middle would fit gaara very well appearance wise. If he can look serious and act serious, he would probably make the best fit for now.

Heres a nice thought though, who would play iruka? Thats sort of a major roll, definatly one that would make it into a naruto movie, no matter where in the story its placed (where as characters like oro, jiraiya, etc may not come into play at all)
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 21:07   Link #70
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
Hmmm ... lovely though Zhang Ziyi and Kelly Hu are, the adult ladies in Naruto tend to be fairly voluptuous. Those two are a bit waiflike, especially Zhang. If you want a more built asian actress, how about Tia Carerre?

As has already been said, this is pure speculation as I dont think Naruto would translate very well to live action, but I think Zhang Ziyi would be OK for Tenten. She's definitely cute enough and young looking, although I'm not sure how well she'd sport the princess leia hairdo...
That's why Zhang Ziyi would be Kuranai. She's mostly clothed. Kelly Hu...she holds her own against Tia. Besides...Tia's already past her in phase. If you're just looking for stack factor, you might just want to go with the Kanno sisters for bust for your buck. If you figure Anko should be someone young and busty, look for Megumi. She's got what you need.

Also, since Tenten gets whupped on, and does nothing else, that really wouldn't be the right place to use Zhang Ziyi...at least Kurenai does some fighting.

Old 2004-03-22, 21:17   Link #71
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:

Asuma: The Rock would be perfect for Asuma. Except I don't think he'd smoke and that'd ruin everything.

Shizune: Kelly Lin. Just punch it into google, since I can't link to any images.
The Rock: no. He might make a good alternative to zabuza, infact definatly, but hes definatly no asuma.

Devito: Definatly, unless you're willing to see the guy who played goerge from sinfield cast as him, which I sure as hell dont.

Kelly Lin: Shes a prime example of cute adult women who look younger. She could make a great tenten, or even a temari, since temari and kankoru are both around 14-15. I havent seen Shizune, so I cant comment on how well she'd fit that roll.
Old 2004-03-22, 21:18   Link #72
MikoKikyo

Quote:

perfect! danny devito as gatou, thats so amusing i love it

Kristen Kreuk is an absurdly pretty asian girl, but i don't know that she would play a good anko...besides, since when is anko supposed to be a drop-dead-gorgeus woman anyway...

as for sasuke having to be asian...yes, but it;d have to be some keanu reeves hotness of an asian guy..
Old 2004-03-22, 21:27   Link #73
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

is kristin kreuk asian? i know shes canadian.....but i still think Hugh Jackman (the guy who played wolverine in X-men, and hes Van Helsing) would make a good Asuma, he just needs to fill in his facial hair on his chin put a cigarette in his mouth, its there
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 21:32   Link #74
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by <xellos>
is kristin kreuk asian? i know shes canadian.....but i still think Hugh Jackman (the guy who played wolverine in X-men, and hes Van Helsing) would make a good Asuma, he just needs to fill in his facial hair on his chin put a cigarette in his mouth, its there
Yes! And he smokes too! He would also just need to work out a little more while he waited for his beard to grow in; his build is sorta average, but asuma probably sports a little muscle.
Old 2004-03-22, 21:37   Link #75
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

i dont particularly agree..but Frankie Muniz as Naruto?

crappy as ever, but u decide

Crispin Glover would make a good Oro.
Old 2004-03-22, 21:45   Link #76
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
The Rock: no. He might make a good alternative to zabuza, infact definatly, but hes definatly no asuma.
*agrees*
... for Asuma, maybe... John Travolta! Their face is almost the same. I think John's a good choice to play his role

Also, why not Lenny Kravitz as Shino's father? He's perfect for it. This movie won't even exist, we're just choosing the actors who would best fit into the character's role.

Johnny Depp would be the perfect actor for Gekkou Hayate too

As for Orochimaru... seriously speaking, which actor would be the best to play his role? Maybe... Nicolas Cage? He has a very thin face, and his cruel expression in Face Off would make him a very good Orochimaru. He just needs make-up Like Copy Ninja-san said, Crispin Glover is a good choice for Oro too.

What about Mike Myers as Ebisu-sensei? It would be very cool. Also, Myers is a very good actor, he would play Ebisu's role quite well
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 21:52   Link #77
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
As for Orochimaru... seriously speaking, which actor would be the best to play his role? Maybe... Nicolas Cage? He has a very thin face, and his cruel expression in Face Off would make him a very good Orochimaru. He just needs make-up Like Copy Ninja-san said, Crispin Glover is a good choice for Oro too.

What about Mike Myers as Ebisu-sensei? It would be very cool. Also, Myers is a very good actor, he would play Ebisu's role quite well
In all reality, Oro would have to be played by a woman to look spot on. I actually wouldnt mind it if their voices were mildly the same (man oro, the female version wouldnt need any special treatment) Nick cage's facial structure, though thin, really doesnt fit it.

Mike myers as ebisu.. hmm.. I dont think he looks much like him at all, and its not really a major roll at all, so casting mike myers is sort of over kill to begin with.
Old 2004-03-22, 21:53   Link #78
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Actually if you look it up, you'll find that Jet Li is currently making more then any asian star from china right now. Maby Jackie Chan made more in the past but he doesn't now. How much a movie makes does not effect how much the actors get becuase that's already predetermined in the contract they make before hand with the production company.
In China perhaps...but this is a quote from Jackie while being interviewed about The Medallion:

"Who'd have thought that in 20 years my pay for a movie would become US$20 million plus bonuses?"

Those "plus bonuses" are percentage points of the movie's gross. I know Jackie made $20 million per film starting with Rush Hour 2, because there were articles about that during that time as well.

In any case...$20 per film * 3 =$60 million for Jackie.

Jet Li made $7.5 million for "The One" and for his next movie:

"According to Variety, Li's salary will be "north of $10 million."

If the # he got for Cradle 2 the Grave was not WELL north of $60 million, Jackie still owned him HARD last year at the bank. I think the #s you're referring to are in relation to cash from China ONLY, where Jet Li does a lot of TV commercials and demands a lot of cash for them. Jackie spends more time in the US and elsewhere recently, though he's recently been trying to direct more attention back to HK cinema.

Old 2004-03-22, 21:55   Link #79
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Well, Helen Keller would have made the perfect Sakura. :-\ lol. Vicious' choices on actors are pretty damn good. Nice choices there.
Old 2004-03-22, 21:57   Link #80
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
*agrees*
... for Asuma, maybe... John Travolta! Their face is almost the same. I think John's a good choice to play his role

Also, why not Lenny Kravitz as Shino's father? He's perfect for it. This movie won't even exist, we're just choosing the actors who would best fit into the character's role.

Johnny Depp would be the perfect actor for Gekkou Hayate too

LOL! I second those choices Vicious-san! It could be Lenny Kravitz's debut as a movie actor; plus he's got those bug-eye sunglasses that we always see him wear so I think he's got the part.

C'mon MJ fits the bill for Oro perfectly! The resemblance is uncanny! *looks for that one sig*

## Sladism -- All Your Bunny Are Belong To Us ##
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote