AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-22, 22:07   Link #81
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
well, you do have a point, I guess. jerk.
Woo hoo! I win! If it weren't for the anti-flame rules I'd past an "owned" image.

Quote:
*shrug* I dont see it.
If I had any Photoshop skills I could show you...plus he acts that particular role a lot.

Quote:
Yeah but as I said, the guy definatly seems too old for the part. There are definatly people who look way younger than they really are, asians not excluded, but he doesnt seem like one of them.

Also, what do you mean guy (gai)?! Does that mean you were casting the bruce lee guy as lee?
I meant Lee...my bad. I don't know why I said Guy. (I choose to Romanize "Guy" differently from the subbers, because, as I understand the hiragana and katakana, the characters used to write "Guy" and "Gai" would be the same. "Gai" is just it Romanized literally "Ga" + "ai" = "Gai". However, given his personality, he would definitely have the cheesier spelling of "Guy".)

Quote:
definatly wouldnt make a good tenten (my basis being that shes a mature woman, shes long past her "is she a kid or an adult?" asian phase (many asian women dont look grown up until alot they're alot older, which incidentally would make an asian tenten perfect, since they'd have martial arts experience, and still be able to look the roll))
Yeah, but you need someone who isn't just going to be wasted on one fight. I'm sure you could find a number of HK models or J-Pop singers that'd match up well.

Quote:
Only someone who looks dead on like zabuza could beat mark
They'd have to reverse the machine from Tron, and scan him out of the manga to beat Mark.

Quote:
I actually meant appearance wise, an american would fit better. I was also partially thinking the same for kurenai as well, they just seem so much more american than asian.
Eh, to me, Kurenai's only distinctive feature is her red eyes, so I think you could put anyone in there. However, for the women/girls so far, nearly everyone cast had been American, so there needs to be variety. I mean, Sakura, Ino, and Temari are all going to be white, right? You need to add some variety into the mix. If Kurenai, Tsunade and Anko are White...that leaves just Tenten and Hinata? I would be VERY upset.

Quote:
I dont think I've seen kisame, I assume hes further on in the manga. Got an image for him as well?
I don't want to show you characters you haven't seen yet...just wait for them to appear in anime.

Quote:
Jet li definatly wouldnt fit the bill, besides being rather short, hes also rather pudgy in the cheeks, which is why I am partially against him as kakashi.
Yeah, Kakashi seems to be a bit on the tall side...

Quote:
Heres a nice thought though, who would play iruka? Thats sort of a major roll, definatly one that would make it into a naruto movie, no matter where in the story its placed (where as characters like oro, jiraiya, etc may not come into play at all)
Bill Murray.

No, seriously...a nurturing guy...tanned...about 30s...fairly useless in combat, but not fat. The Indian guy from Windtalkers would work.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0063440/

Detroit's MVP of the 2003 NBA Finals goes to...the referees!
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 22:12   Link #82
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru
LOL! I second those choices Vicious-san! It could be Lenny Kravitz's debut as a movie actor; plus he's got those bug-eye sunglasses that we always see him wear so I think he's got the part.

C'mon MJ fits the bill for Oro perfectly! The resemblance is uncanny! *looks for that one sig*

lol indeed, but Michael Jackson is... just... I mean... well... he's weird (yeah, Oro is too). It's just that... I can't express it in words very well. I hope you get what I mean by the... uh... feelings I'm having right now, thinking how it would be if a Michael Jackson played Oro's role But indeed, they're like twins
Crispin Glover is the right choice for Oro then? He has a feminine face, after all. Not as masculine as Cage, I mean.

Ah, Lenny Kravitz would be perfect to play Mr.5 if there was a One Piece live-action movie too. Look:

And Offspring-san, long time no see ^^

Let's think of more actors... Catherine Zeta-Jones. What about her as Kurenai? Or even better... he's perfect for Tsunade! Just change her hair color, and Tsunade is there She has awesome breats too. Forget Madonna, go Catherine ^^
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 22:16   Link #83
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Let's think of more actors... Catherine Zeta-Jones. What about her as Kurenai? Or even better... he's perfect for Tsunade! Just change her hair color, and Tsunade is there She has awesome breats too. Forget Madonna, go Catherine ^^
Married women are not supposed to be in roles where you ogle them. That's not right. Use Alissa Milano instead.

Old 2004-03-22, 22:53   Link #84
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
Quote:
lol indeed, but Michael Jackson is... just... I mean... well... he's weird (yeah, Oro is too). It's just that... I can't express it in words very well. I hope you get what I mean by the... uh... feelings I'm having right now, thinking how it would be if a Michael Jackson played Oro's role But indeed, they're like twins
Crispin Glover is the right choice for Oro then? He has a feminine face, after all. Not as masculine as Cage, I mean.

Ah, Lenny Kravitz would be perfect to play Mr.5 if there was a One Piece live-action movie too. Look:

And Offspring-san, long time no see ^^

LoL I believe I get the jist of what you're trying to say on MJ as Oro, Vicious-san... too many bad thoughts there!
Catherine Zeta-Jones would be a good choice for Kurenai as she has the right body figure, the hair, and the whole sultreness that Jones expresses alot. She just needs those super kool red contacts! And she can dance!
How about for Ramen Girl? Surely she must have an actor as some of the forum members soak in her ramen greatness.

## Sladism -- All Your Bunny Are Belong To Us ##
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 22:56   Link #85
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by <xellos>
is kristin kreuk asian? i know shes canadian.....but i still think Hugh Jackman (the guy who played wolverine in X-men, and hes Van Helsing) would make a good Asuma, he just needs to fill in his facial hair on his chin put a cigarette in his mouth, its there
i dont know her nationality. but by the look of her face, i'd say its pretty safe to assume that she has some Asian heritage.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 23:07   Link #86
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00blike
LOL sorry if i tramitized(sp?) you or any one els
t/ok...lol first time i saw it i kinda missed the humor factor in it so...now i can kinda appreciate it... ok no, too repulsive, but never mind me - i'm WAY too crazy about kakashi...

PS: sry about the double posting... i kinda just realized it (hey i'm new..)
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 01:00   Link #87
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

No Jet Lee as Gai sorry wnkryo but Jet Lee is way too short to play Gai that is very tall Same thing for J.Chan as Kakashi..

MJ as Oro of course I just doubt MJ's acting performance.. Well he did pretty well in "Moonwalker"

Others ? Well I don't realy like to think about that it always ends the fun when anime becomes reality

Anyway for me its like No human is good anough to play the perfect play of a created and extremly saturated character that anime provides.
Old 2004-03-23, 01:08   Link #88
Hanabishi_Recca
Parrothead

The 3rd would have to be played by Noriyuki 'Pat' Morita. (Mr. Miyagi) No I know they don't have to be asian but come on.... XD That'd be awesome, he's got the face structure an everything. Here look http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/03978...=Morita,%20Pat
Hanabishi_Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 01:29   Link #89
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanabishi_Recca
The 3rd would have to be played by Noriyuki 'Pat' Morita. (Mr. Miyagi) No I know they don't have to be asian but come on.... XD That'd be awesome, he's got the face structure an everything. Here look http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/03978...=Morita,%20Pat
Mr. Miyagi can't hardly move anymore. This would be a partially action oriented role. Plus...his acting sucks. He can't deliver a sentence that isn't choppy.

Old 2004-03-23, 05:55   Link #90
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

it would only be an aciton oriented role if they get to a certain point, but i think it would be pretty hard to summarize 65+ episodes of anime into one movie, so i dont think his part would be very action oriented
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 06:06   Link #91
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
the only person to play kurina could be Sung Hi Lee.. and if u dont know who she is u will think me in the morning.... i know sum1 that could play hinata.. very cute.. only 5'0" .. quiet.. shy.. very cute voice.. but the shy part wouldnt be good for acting. but to be honest she would be the best hinata. i'm surprized no1 said pam anderson for tsunada.. i particularly dont like pam at all ..but i was surprized not to see her name on there.. for tenten i would say hyori lee.. she is a singer from a korean band called fnkl.. i thinkthats how its spellled i forgot. but she would be really good for the role, she is real cute as well.... maybe brook burke for anko..but i really dont think so ... for iruka .. i am pictureing an actor but i cant think of hi name. and even though oro and mj look sooo much alike.. i would hate to see mj actually play him ... but it would have to be a guy not a gurl i think becuase of how square oro's face is.. girls faces arnt square , unless they r on staroids haha. mark ducascus is great for zabuza though.. perfect. kakashi.. i dont know.. but for the gurls.. i hate hillary duff.. can't stand her ..and she is ugly . i dotn see her playin anthing for naruto... but who would be the ramen gurl??????????
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 06:31   Link #92
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Ian McKellen as Sarutobi He'd be great for the part, I don't have any pictures though
Old 2004-03-23, 06:35   Link #93
[Orochimaru]

I suggest Gene Simmons could play Orochimaru, the bassist from Kiss

Check out this picture
[Orochimaru] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 12:03   Link #94
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

You'd have to digitally do his tongue anyway...but if you were going strictly human...yeah...him.

Old 2004-03-23, 12:07   Link #95
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Jackie chan as Jirara

twould be funny because Jackie chan never gets the girl in his movies. (with the exception of say... the medallion.)
Old 2004-03-23, 12:14   Link #96
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
You'd have to digitally do his tongue anyway...but if you were going strictly human...yeah...him.
Indeed, only Simmons' tongue looks like Oro's. His physical, he looks like my aunt. You don't want he to play Oro, do you?

OK, so let's use Catherine as Kurenai. Now, for Anko... I still go with Sandra Bullock

Jackei Chan as Jiraiya, no... Chan should play Gai. Give Jiraiya to Robert Redford.

As for the 3rd, I still prefer DeNiro. He looks a lot like old geezer
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 13:10   Link #97
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
OK, so let's use Catherine as Kurenai. Now, for Anko... I still go with Sandra Bullock
Married women are banned from this movie. You can't have the hots for someone if you know she's spitting out kids with her husband. (I'm pretty sure Jones is pregnant now.) If you're going to lust after a woman...choose one not wearing a ring. I tell you this because it will help you later on in life. (You don't EVER wanna be in a situation where the husband catches you by surprise.)

Sandra Bullock would absolutely NOT work as Anko. She's pretty but not in a "I want to see her half-naked" way. Francine Dee is probably a good choice if you just want..."wow" factor.

Quote:
Jackei Chan as Jiraiya, no... Chan should play Gai. Give Jiraiya to Robert Redford.
Jackie Chan can't be Guy. He's like over 50. He & Kakashi are supposed to be about the same age, and they wouldn't look close to it at all. You can't be eternal rivals is one of you looks like they're about to start picking up Social Security.

Jason Scott Lee should be Guy. He played Bruce Lee, he can play Guy.

Robert Redford might be a good Jiraiya. Make a Photoshop Image. I think Paul Rodriguez would work, too.

And DeNiro as the 3rd? Not his role. 3rd's gotta be Asian.

Old 2004-03-23, 13:37   Link #98
Freestyler

(young) edward norton as shikamaru
Freestyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 13:50   Link #99
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
And DeNiro as the 3rd? Not his role. 3rd's gotta be Asian.
not really...DeNiro could pull it off...

DeNiro as the 3rd Hokage

he will cut you...

and Jiraiya has to be Bruce Campbell, hes perfect.

and for Oro, i still say Crispin Glover, he already has the look down

although Gene can be the "stunt tongue"
Old 2004-03-23, 14:04   Link #100
e2-
Genius!

David Beckham or Justin timberlake 4 naruto ! Ou F*cking JEAH !