AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-02, 14:05   Link #741
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegal100 View Post
Ah crap. Well, to be honest I kind of expected it. This may be a great anime but it isn't the type of show that would appeal to the majority.
Don't trust that source - they're actually not that bad. Summer sales are sluggish thus far generally, and these numbers are more so-so than awful.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 19:06   Link #742
FireChick

This series is wonderful!

But one thing kinda bugs me. Shione's blue eyes and the discrimination against her...did that really exist back then? I mean, I always thought discrimination against Japanese people with blue eyes didn't happen until around World War II, at least after America dropped the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. But...in the late 19th century? For some reason I kinda find this hard to buy.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 20:19   Link #743
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Shione's blue eyes are probably an eye disease.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 03:06   Link #744
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Every rural pre-industrial society usually considered the "different" to be either touched by gods or devils and someone to be avoided or even actively persecuted. One of the downsides of pre-science belief systems.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 17:17   Link #745
Flower
Cute as a button! ^^

Okay - the Vol 3 of the BD has been released in Japan, which means episode 4.5; anyone have the ep and can comment on it? What was available previously was a quickly snatched feed of an unannounced(?) airing iirc, so the video quality was pretty poor.

Also am interested to hear of anyone's comments on the various picture dramas that have come with the first few volumes....
Flower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 11:45   Link #746
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Every rural pre-industrial society usually considered the "different" to be either touched by gods or devils and someone to be avoided or even actively persecuted. One of the downsides of pre-science belief systems.
I don't consider myself knowledgeable in Japanese culture, but I think Japan has an additional element of discrimination that comes from being a homogeneous society. Even in recent decades, some ethnically Japanese students have attracted negative attention from classmates and relatives due to having naturally reddish or curly hair. Teachers have actually been advising them to dye or straighten their hair just to blend in, because its usually considered to be the victim's fault for drawing attention to themselves, even if it's due to the way there were born. I find it utterly disgusting, but Japanese culture has always been generally revolting to me when compared to American and European culture, even though it has some nice traits.
- - - - -
Visual novel list
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 03:15   Link #747
Flower
Cute as a button! ^^

Well ... there are a few 1080p subbed versions of ep 4.5.

And they are simply beautiful - well worth it!
Old 2012-02-04, 21:36   Link #748
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

omg, just finished it at last.

Cute ending to an adorable show.

I'm still dissatisfied with what the series left with Claude's and Camille's relationship. It makes me ;__; inside with what it was and what had become of it.
Old 2012-02-06, 18:20   Link #749
Flower
Cute as a button! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
omg, just finished it at last.

Cute ending to an adorable show.

I'm still dissatisfied with what the series left with Claude's and Camille's relationship. It makes me ;__; inside with what it was and what had become of it.
Well the series is far from over ... in fact the manga it is based on is still ongoing ... volume 3 was released in Japan just recently in fact iirc - so maybe it is not too crazy to anticipate another season. At least as regards subject matter to be adapted at least!
Old 2012-02-06, 18:53   Link #750
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Probably another series I'll end up picking up directly from Japan (looks at the unreliable wasteland of US manga distribution).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 19:16   Link #751
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Well the series is far from over ... in fact the manga it is based on is still ongoing ... volume 3 was released in Japan just recently in fact iirc - so maybe it is not too crazy to anticipate another season. At least as regards subject matter to be adapted at least!
GOOD.

I need to know more!
Old 2012-02-06, 19:18   Link #752
Flower
Cute as a button! ^^

Quote:
GOOD.

I need to know more!
For the record, last I knew there were roughly 4 chapters per volume and ch 9 of volume three has been brought into English....
Old 2012-02-06, 19:24   Link #753
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

rofl, what about the rest? xD
Old 2012-02-06, 19:31   Link #754
Flower
Cute as a button! ^^

Quote:
rofl, what about the rest? xD

You are not happy that there are 9 out of the 12 possible chapters available?
Old 2012-02-06, 19:33   Link #755
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Oh, I thought you meant that only one chapter from the 3rd volume has been translated, not 9 out of 12 chapters.
Old 2012-02-06, 19:37   Link #756
Flower
Cute as a button! ^^

Quote:
Oh, I thought you meant that only one chapter from the 3rd volume has been translated, not 9 out of 12 chapters.

I see, I see ... well, there is quite a bit available.

In some ways I was interested in the material in the anime that was NOT reflected in the manga "originals" themselves. I first read the manga before finding out an anime was going to be made and was quite excited when I found the latter was taking place.

The specials included in the first 4 BD volume releases also contain some "new material" as well, although only 1 of the specials has been subbed afaik.
Old 2012-03-10, 06:02   Link #757
hoshino_crimsonwings

Episode 4.5 was brilliant, melodies transcend from different people to different cultures and countries, and empower people to connect with one and another no matter the distance.

I loved the peaceful tunes introduced in this episode, as well as the bitter-sweet Claude / Camille flash backs. I do wish there's more time developing what happens to Claude and Camille to the anime viewers though.
Old 2012-03-30, 16:36   Link #758
Flower
Cute as a button! ^^

Ok - finally the complete series is available. And it looks absolutely GORGEOUS in full 1080p. Amazingly so.

From what I understand the 15 or so specials from the BD discs (picture dramas and such) will also be made available, though it will take some time as apparently the material is rather difficult to translate.

Kudos to all who worked on bringing this great, great series to us all.
Old 2012-05-22, 17:24   Link #759
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Sorry for the necro, but I had some questions.

-Can anyone list what were the special features/items that came with each release of the BD (LE or otherwise)?

-What was the last published manga chapter, and if it was already compiled into a volume release
Old 2012-05-26, 12:17   Link #760
Flower
Cute as a button! ^^

As far as I know in English at least the last published chapters are a handful of "mini chapters" that are an addendum to chapter 9.

As for the BD releases, there are 7-8 picture dramas, the ncop and nced and a couple of specials featuring a little bit of dialogue around "slideshow style" screen shots from the movie.

If interested pm me and I can direct you to a more complete listing.

Tags
historical, romance, shounen, slice of life